The Ryobi RY38BP is a gas-powered backpack leaf blower delivering 760 CFM at 175 MPH. It features a 2-cycle 38 cc engine. (Read full specs)
Features and Specifications
|CFM||Up to 760|
|MPH||Up to 175|
|Engine displacement||38 cc|
|Fuel tank||30 fl. oz.|
|Noise rating||75.5 dB|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue. Should you wish more detailed specs on the Ryobi RY38BP, the user manual is available here (opens in a new tab).
Overview of the Ryobi RY38BP
- Power: The RY38BP, built by Ryobi, is a gas-powered leaf blower capable of expelling a maximum air volume of 760 cubic feet per minute (CFM). Its air speed is rated at 175 MPH.
- Handling: As this unit is a backpack leaf blower, the majority of the unit is distributed so that the user can operate it with ease for most reasonable periods of use. Its throttle is located on the tube, which allows you to keep your left hand free. At 20.2 lbs, the Ryobi RY38BP is within the average weight range of gas-powered backpack blowers.
- Engine: The blower is fitted with a 38 cc engine. As you may or may not know, 2-stroke engines require a mixture of gasoline and oil in order to keep all the moving parts lubricated while fuelling the engine’s internal combustion. The fuel/oil ratio recommended by Ryobi for the RY38BP is 50:1.
- Speed Settings: In order to afford more control to the user, this unit has a variable speed control. No matter the size of the job, the user can adjust the airflow of the Ryobi RY38BP to match.
- Noise: As far as gas-powered backpack blowers go, this one is average in terms of noise with a rating of 75.5 dB.
- Fuel Tank: The fuel tank has a capacity of 30 fl. oz. Although this is not especially impressive, it allows the unit to maintain a decent overall weight, making it more portable and comfortable to use.
The Ryobi RY38BP's performance versus other blowers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea how the key specs of the Ryobi RY38BP compare with similar leaf blowers.
- Upon exiting the nozzle, the air can reach speeds of up to 175 MPH, which is on the lower end for gas-powered backpack blowers (the one expelling air at the fastest speed being the Husqvarna 150BT with 251 MPH).
- If air volume is an important feature, the RY38BP by Ryobi will not disappoint. Its airflow maxes out at 760 CFM (cubic feet per minute), which is more powerful than most gas-powered backpack blowers (the biggest expelled air volume belonging to the Echo PB-8010H with 1071 CFM).
Here's a list of the most popular specific comparisons:
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other gas backpack blowers, the Ryobi RY38BP is on the cheap side of the price range.
It can therefore be a really good buy if you're looking to acquire a budget blower.
Ryobi Limited is a manufacturer of power tools, outdoor equipment, and various other types of electronic products and components. Founded in Japan in 1943, Ryobi has since expanded to become a multi-brand, multinational company aimed at providing affordable, pro-featured products. It is now owned by Techtronic Industries, a company overseeing production and marketing of brands such as Craftsman, Ridgid and Homelite.
The Ryobi RY38BP is covered under a warranty for up to 3 years. This warranty may not cover all parts of the blower.
For more information about the warranty of Ryobi blowers, please consult Ryobi's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-800-860-4050.
Questions & Answers
There are no questions yet. Ask the first question.