Features and Specifications
|CFM||Up to 760|
|MPH||Up to 175|
|Engine Displacement||38 cc|
|Fuel Tank||30 fl. oz.|
|Noise Rating||75.5 dB|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue. Should you wish more detailed specs on the Ryobi RY38BP, the user manual is available here.
Overview of the Ryobi RY38BP
- Power: The RY38BP, built by Ryobi, is a gas-powered leaf blower capable of expelling a maximum air volume of 760 cubic feet per minute (CFM). Its air speed is rated at 175 MPH.
- Handling: Like most backpack blowers, this model is technically heavier than a handheld. That being said, it can feel lighter and more comfortable because of the way it is carried, even when used over extended periods of time. Its throttle is located on the tube, which allows you to keep your left hand free. All told, it weighs 20.2 lbs — the Ryobi RY38BP is neither the lightest nor the heaviest gas-powered backpack blower on the market.
- Engine: The blower is fitted with a 38 cc engine. Since this is a 2-stroke engine, it’s important to remember that the RY38BP cannot run on gasoline alone. The fuel must be mixed with an appropriate ratio of gasoline and oil in order for it to function properly (for this Ryobi model, this ratio is 50:1).
- Speed Settings: In order to afford more control to the user, this unit has a variable speed control. No matter the size of the job, the user can adjust the airflow of the Ryobi RY38BP to match.
- Noise: Its noise rating of 75.5 dB can be considered the standard for similar gas-powered backpack blowers.
- Fuel Tank: Its 30 fl. oz. fuel tank may be relatively low in capacity, but the decreased weight affords the RY38BP greater comfort and ease of use.
The Ryobi RY38BP's performance versus other blowers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea how the key specs of the Ryobi RY38BP compare with similar leaf blowers.
- Maxing out at 175 MPH at full power, this blower is on the lower end in terms of air speed for gas-powered backpack blowers (the one expelling air at the fastest speed being the Husqvarna 150BT with 251 MPH).
- Regarding its air volume, the Ryobi RY38BP boasts an impressive airflow that can reach 760 CFM (Cubic Foot per Minute). This places it amongst the most powerful of gas-powered backpack leaf blowers (the biggest expelled air volume belonging to the Echo PB-8010H with 1071 CFM).
As you can see from this dynamic chart, when compared to other gas backpack blowers, the Ryobi RY38BP is on the cheap side of the price range.
It can therefore be a really good buy if you're looking to acquire a budget blower.
The bottom line
- High CFM (760 CFM)
- Acceptable Noise (75.5 dB)
- Decent Weight (20.2 lbs)
- Small Tank (30 fl. oz.)
- Low MPH (175 MPH)
Ryobi Limited is a manufacturer of power tools, outdoor equipment, and various other types of electronic products and components. Founded in Japan in 1943, Ryobi has since expanded to become a multi-brand, multinational company aimed at providing affordable, pro-featured products. It is now owned by Techtronic Industries, a company overseeing production and marketing of brands such as Craftsman, Ridgid and Homelite.
The Ryobi RY38BP is covered under a warranty for up to 3 years. This warranty may not cover all parts of the blower.
For more information about the warranty of Ryobi blowers, please consult Ryobi's warranty policies. Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-800-860-4050.
Questions & Answers
There are no questions yet. Ask the first question.