The Ryobi RY38BP is a gas-powered backpack leaf blower delivering 760 CFM at 175 MPH. It features a 2-cycle 38 cc engine. (Read full specs)
Features and Specifications
|CFM||Up to 760|
|MPH||Up to 175|
|Engine displacement||38 cc|
|Fuel tank||30 fl. oz.|
|Noise rating||75.5 dB|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue. Should you wish more detailed specs on the Ryobi RY38BP, the user manual is available here (opens in a new tab).
Overview of the Ryobi RY38BP
- Power: The RY38BP gas-powered blower, manufactured by Ryobi, is rated for a max air volume of 760 cubic feet per minute (CFM) and a max air speed of 175 MPH.
- Handling: Like most backpack blowers, this model is technically heavier than a handheld. That being said, it can feel lighter and more comfortable because of the way it is carried, even when used over extended periods of time. Its throttle is located on the tube, which allows you to keep your left hand free. Among other gas-powered backpack blowers, the Ryobi RY38BP can be considered light, weighing only 20.2 lbs.
- Engine: The engine boasts a displacement of 38 cc. Being that this is a 2-stroke engine, it must be fuelled using a mix of gas and oil. The proper fuel ratio set by the manufacturer for the RY38BP is 50:1.
- Speed Settings: With its variable speed settings, the Ryobi RY38BP allows you to precisely control its air output. In addition, the blower is also equipped with cruise control, with which the user can easily maintain the selected settings.
- Noise: Its noise rating of 75.5 dB can be considered the standard for similar gas-powered backpack blowers.
- Fuel Tank: Its 30 fl. oz. fuel tank may be relatively low in capacity (compared to other backpack blowers), but the decreased weight of the RY38BP provides more comfort and ease of use.
The Ryobi RY38BP's performance versus other blowers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea how the key specs of the Ryobi RY38BP compare with similar leaf blowers.
- Maxing out at 175 MPH at full power, this blower is on the lower end in terms of air speed for gas-powered backpack blowers. For the fastest air speed in this category, you may want to consider the Husqvarna 150BT, which can expell air at a velocity that can reach 270 MPH.
- It has a maximum air volume output of 760 CFM (cubic feet per minute). With this output rating, the RY38BP is well within average in relation to similar gas-powered backpack blowers. If air volume is important to you, the Echo PB-9010T, with 1110 CFM, could be in your good books.
Here's a list of the most popular specific comparisons:
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other gas backpack blowers, the Ryobi RY38BP is on the cheap side of the price range.
It can therefore be a really good buy if you're looking to acquire a budget blower.
Ryobi Limited is a manufacturer of power tools, outdoor equipment, and various other types of electronic products and components. Founded in Japan in 1943, Ryobi has since expanded to become a multi-brand, multinational company aimed at providing affordable, pro-featured products. It is now owned by Techtronic Industries, a company overseeing production and marketing of brands such as Ridgid and Homelite.
The Ryobi RY38BP is covered under a warranty for up to 3 years. This warranty may not cover all parts of the blower.
For more information about the warranty of Ryobi blowers, please consult Ryobi's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-800-525-2579.
Questions & Answers
There are no questions yet. Ask the first question.