The Ryobi RY404100 is a cordless handheld leaf blower delivering 730 CFM at 190 MPH. It features a 4 Ah 40 V Li-ion battery. (Read full specs)
Backpack power supply
Features and Specifications
|Up to 730
|Up to 190
|Weight (w/ battery)
|Weight (tool only)
|Other model numbers
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue. Should you wish more detailed specs on the Ryobi RY404100, the user manual is available here (opens in a new tab).
Overview of the Ryobi RY404100
- Power: The Ryobi RY404100 is a cordless blower with a maximum air volume rating of 730 cubic feet per minute (CFM) and an air speed of 190 MPH.
- Power delivery: Since the device is powered by a brushless, battery-operated motor, it doesn’t require to be plugged in and therefore, it allows superb freedom of movement.
- Battery: Its 4 Ah 40 V Li-ion battery (2 OP4040A1 batteries included) enable the blower to run for up to 15 minutes without needing to recharge.
- Handling: For those who are looking for a portable and convenient leaf blower, this model is a strong candidate. It’s designed for easy handling and use, and its size means it’s easily carried and stored. However, for a cordless handheld blower, the Ryobi RY404100 is heavier than most, weighing 11.6 lbs.
- Speed Settings: With its variable speed settings, the Ryobi RY404100 allows you to precisely control its air output. In addition, the blower is also equipped with cruise control, with which the user can easily maintain the selected settings.
- Noise: As far as electric handheld blowers go, this one is average in terms of noise with a rating of 57 dB.
The Ryobi RY404100's performance versus other blowers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea how the key specs of the Ryobi RY404100 compare with handheld leaf blowers of similar voltage (between 36 and 48V).
- Forced air exiting this blower has been clocked at a max speed of 190 MPH. This puts the RY404100 ahead of the pack as far as air speed is concerned in battery-operated handheld blowers between 36 and 48V. If you wish to benefit from air expelled at the fastest possible speed, the Makita XBU01PT and its 208 MPH could be an option to consider.
- If air volume is an important feature, the RY404100 by Ryobi will not disappoint. Its airflow maxes out at 730 CFM (cubic feet per minute), which is more powerful than most cordless handheld blowers with a comparable voltage. If air volume is important to you, the Husqvarna 350iB, with 800 CFM, could be in your good books.
- Users can expect a maximum autonomy of 15 minutes from its battery, which means the RY404100 won't run as long as many other cordless handheld units before needing to be plugged in. To enjoy the best possible autonomy in this category, you could have a look at the Makita CBU01Z which offers up to 300 minutes of runtime.
As you can see from these interactive charts, when compared to other cordless blowers, the Ryobi RY404100 is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this blower nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of product.
Ryobi Limited is a manufacturer of power tools, outdoor equipment, and various other types of electronic products and components. Founded in Japan in 1943, Ryobi has since expanded to become a multi-brand, multinational company aimed at providing affordable, pro-featured products. It is now owned by Techtronic Industries, a company overseeing production and marketing of brands such as Ridgid and Homelite.
The Ryobi RY404100 is covered under a warranty for up to 5 years. This warranty may not cover all parts of the blower.
For more information about the warranty of Ryobi blowers, please consult Ryobi's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-800-525-2579.
Questions & Answers
There are no questions yet. Ask the first question.