The Ryobi RY40412 is a cordless handheld leaf blower delivering 300 CFM at 155 MPH. It features a 4 Ah 40 V Li-ion battery. (Read full specs)
Features and Specifications
|CFM||Up to 300|
|MPH||Up to 155|
|Weight (w/ battery)||13.9 lbs|
|Weight (tool only)||11 lbs|
|Noise rating||67.4 dB|
|Other model numbers||RY40412VNM|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue. Should you wish more detailed specs on the Ryobi RY40412, the user manual is available here (opens in a new tab).
Overview of the Ryobi RY40412
- Power: The RY40412 is a cordless blower made by Ryobi. It has a maximum air speed of 155 MPH and its nozzle can expel a max air volume of 300 cubic feet per minute (CFM).
- Power delivery: Ryobi designed this battery-operated unit with total mobility in mind. The RY40412 only needs to be plugged in when it is charging, so users can take it almost anywhere.
- Battery: Its 4 Ah 40 V Li-ion battery (1 OP40404 battery included) enables the blower to run for up to 40 minutes without needing to recharge.
- Handling: Being handheld, this blower has a good maneuverability and is meant to be easier to carry around over a small period of time. However, for a cordless handheld blower, the Ryobi RY40412 is heavier than most, weighing 13.9 lbs.
- Speed Settings: Thanks to its variable speed settings, the Ryobi RY40412 allows precise control of the air output.
- Noise: With a decibel rating of 67.4 dB, the RY40412 is neither louder nor quieter than its rivals in the electric handheld category.
The Ryobi RY40412's performance versus other blowers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea how the key specs of the Ryobi RY40412 compare with handheld leaf blowers of similar voltage (between 36 and 48V).
- Upon exiting the nozzle, the air can reach speeds of up to 155 MPH, which is rather impressive for a battery-operated handheld blower between 36 and 48V. If you wish to benefit from air expelled at the fastest possible speed, the Makita XBU01PT and its 208 MPH could be an option to consider.
- Regarding its air volume, the airflow of the Ryobi RY40412 can reach 300 CFM (Cubic Feet per Minute), which is on the low end for cordless handheld blowers with a comparable voltage. For the highest air volume, you may want to have a look at the Husqvarna 350iB, which boasts with 800 CFM.
- Its battery is standard in terms of autonomy for a cordless handheld product that runs on this kind of voltage. Fully charged, it should run for up to 40 minutes. If autonomy is an important factor for you, the Makita CBU01Z can run for up to 300 minutes and could be worth considering.
Ryobi Limited is a manufacturer of power tools, outdoor equipment, and various other types of electronic products and components. Founded in Japan in 1943, Ryobi has since expanded to become a multi-brand, multinational company aimed at providing affordable, pro-featured products. It is now owned by Techtronic Industries, a company overseeing production and marketing of brands such as Ridgid and Homelite.
The Ryobi RY40412 is covered under a warranty for up to 5 years. This warranty may not cover all parts of the blower.
For more information about the warranty of Ryobi blowers, please consult Ryobi's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-800-525-2579.
Questions & Answers
There are no questions yet. Ask the first question.