The Ryobi RY40412 is a cordless handheld leaf blower delivering 300 CFM at 155 MPH. It features a 4 Ah 40 V Li-ion battery. (Read full specs)
Features and Specifications
|CFM||Up to 300|
|MPH||Up to 155|
|Weight (w/ battery)||13.9 lbs|
|Weight (tool only)||11 lbs|
|Noise rating||67.4 dB|
|Other model numbers||RY40412VNM|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue. Should you wish more detailed specs on the Ryobi RY40412, the user manual is available here (opens in a new tab).
Overview of the Ryobi RY40412
- Power: The Ryobi RY40412 can force 300 cubic feet of air per minute (CFM) from its nozzle at a maximum speed of 155 MPH.
- Power delivery: Ryobi designed this battery-operated unit with total mobility in mind. The RY40412 only needs to be plugged in when it is charging, so users can take it almost anywhere.
- Battery: Its 4 Ah 40 V Li-ion battery (1 OP40404 battery included) means that a user can operate the RY40412 for an estimated 40 minutes on a full charge.
- Handling: For those who are looking for a portable and convenient leaf blower, this model is a strong candidate. It’s designed for easy handling and use, and its size means it’s easily carried and stored.
- Speed Settings: Thanks to its variable speed settings, the Ryobi RY40412 allows precise control of the air output.
- Noise: With a decibel rating of 67.4 dB, the RY40412 is neither louder nor quieter than its rivals in the electric handheld category.
The Ryobi RY40412's performance versus other blowers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea how the key specs of the Ryobi RY40412 compare with similar leaf blowers.
- It can push air from the nozzle at 155 MPH, which puts it ahead of its class in terms of air speed for battery-operated handheld blowers. If you wish to benefit from air expelled at the fastest possible speed, the Makita XBU01PT and its 208 MPH could be an option to consider.
- Regarding its air volume, the airflow of the Ryobi RY40412 can reach 300 CFM (Cubic Feet per Minute), which is on the low end for cordless handheld blowers. For the highest air volume, you may want to have a look at the CAT DG651, which boasts with 800 CFM.
- Its battery is standard in terms of autonomy for a cordless handheld product. Fully charged, it should run for up to 40 minutes. If autonomy is an important factor for you, the Toro 51822 can run for up to 140 minutes and could be worth considering.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other cordless blowers, the Ryobi RY40412 is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this blower nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of product.
Ryobi Limited is a manufacturer of power tools, outdoor equipment, and various other types of electronic products and components. Founded in Japan in 1943, Ryobi has since expanded to become a multi-brand, multinational company aimed at providing affordable, pro-featured products. It is now owned by Techtronic Industries, a company overseeing production and marketing of brands such as Ridgid and Homelite.
The Ryobi RY40412 is covered under a warranty for up to 5 years. This warranty may not cover all parts of the blower.
For more information about the warranty of Ryobi blowers, please consult Ryobi's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-800-525-2579.
Questions & Answers
There are no questions yet. Ask the first question.