The Ryobi RY40412 is a cordless handheld leaf blower delivering 300 CFM at 155 MPH. It features a 4 Ah 40 V Li-ion battery. (Read full specs)
Features and Specifications
|CFM||Up to 300|
|MPH||Up to 155|
|Weight (w/ battery)||13.9 lbs|
|Weight (tool only)||11 lbs|
|Noise rating||67.4 dB|
|Other model numbers||RY40412VNM|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue. Should you wish more detailed specs on the Ryobi RY40412, the user manual is available here (opens in a new tab).
Overview of the Ryobi RY40412
- Power: The RY40412 is a cordless blower made by Ryobi. It has a maximum air speed of 155 MPH and its nozzle can expel a max air volume of 300 cubic feet per minute (CFM).
- Power delivery: The RY40412 is a battery-operated unit, so it doesn’t need to be plugged in during use. Users will enjoy the added mobility of its cordless design.
- Battery: Its 4 Ah 40 V Li-ion battery (1 OP40404 battery included) offers a maximum autonomy of 40 minutes on a full charge.
- Handling: It’s handheld, so naturally it’s easier to handle and carry than larger leaf blowers, such as backpack models or walk-behinds. Be aware that, at 13.9 lbs, the Ryobi RY40412 is on the heavier side of cordless handheld blowers.
- Speed Settings: In order to afford more control to the user, this unit has a variable speed control. No matter the size of the job, the user can adjust the airflow of the Ryobi RY40412 to match.
- Noise: Its noise rating of 67.4 dB can be considered the standard for similar electric handheld blowers.
The Ryobi RY40412's performance versus other blowers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea how the key specs of the Ryobi RY40412 compare with similar leaf blowers.
- It can push air from the nozzle at 155 MPH, which puts it ahead of its class in terms of air speed for battery-operated handheld blowers. If you wish to benefit from air expelled at the fastest possible speed, the Makita XBU01PT and its 208 MPH could be an option to consider.
- Regarding its air volume, the airflow of the Ryobi RY40412 can reach 300 CFM (Cubic Feet per Minute), which is on the low end for cordless handheld blowers. For the highest air volume, you may want to have a look at the Husqvarna 350iB, which boasts with 800 CFM.
- Its battery is standard in terms of autonomy for a cordless handheld product. Fully charged, it should run for up to 40 minutes. If autonomy is an important factor for you, the Makita CBU01Z can run for up to 300 minutes and could be worth considering.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other cordless blowers, the Ryobi RY40412 is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this blower nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of product.
The bottom line
- In the expected price range
- 5 year (limited) warranty
- High MPH (155 MPH)
- Acceptable noise (67.4 dB)
- Good autonomy (40 mins)
- Quite heavy (13.9 lbs)
- Brushed motor
- No cruise control
- Low CFM (300 CFM)
Ryobi Limited is a manufacturer of power tools, outdoor equipment, and various other types of electronic products and components. Founded in Japan in 1943, Ryobi has since expanded to become a multi-brand, multinational company aimed at providing affordable, pro-featured products. It is now owned by Techtronic Industries, a company overseeing production and marketing of brands such as Ridgid and Homelite.
The Ryobi RY40412 is covered under a warranty for up to 5 years. This warranty may not cover all parts of the blower.
For more information about the warranty of Ryobi blowers, please consult Ryobi's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-800-525-2579.
Questions & Answers
There are no questions yet. Ask the first question.