The Ryobi RY404140 is a cordless handheld leaf blower delivering 650 CFM at 160 MPH. It features a 6 Ah 40 V Li-ion battery. (Read full specs)
Features and Specifications
|CFM||Up to 650|
|MPH||Up to 160|
|Weight (w/ battery)||13.7 lbs|
|Weight (tool only)||10.4 lbs|
|Noise rating||57 dB|
|Other model numbers||RY404140VNM|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue. Should you wish more detailed specs on the Ryobi RY404140, the user manual is available here (opens in a new tab).
Overview of the Ryobi RY404140
- Power: The RY404140 is a cordless blower made by Ryobi. It has a maximum air speed of 160 MPH and its nozzle can expel a max air volume of 650 cubic feet per minute (CFM).
- Power delivery: Since the device is powered by a brushless, battery-operated motor, it doesn’t require to be plugged in and therefore, it allows superb freedom of movement.
- Battery: The Ryobi RY404140 is powered by an easy-to-recharge 6 Ah 40 V Li-ion battery (1 OP40604 battery included).
- Handling: With its handheld design, this leaf blower was created with portability in mind. Most users will have no problem using it almost anywhere. However, for a cordless handheld blower, the Ryobi RY404140 is heavier than most, weighing 13.7 lbs.
- Speed Settings: For those who wish to have complete control while operating their leaf blower, the RY404140 offers variable speed settings, and moreover, is also equipped with cruise control, which allows the user to comfortably continue blowing at their preferred setting.
- Noise: With a decibel rating of 57 dB, the RY404140 is neither louder nor quieter than its rivals in the electric handheld category.
The Ryobi RY404140's performance versus other blowers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea how the key specs of the Ryobi RY404140 compare with similar leaf blowers.
- Air exiting the nozzle of this blower can reach 160 MPH, which is quite a bit faster than most battery-operated handheld blowers. If you wish to benefit from air expelled at the fastest possible speed, the Makita XBU01PT and its 208 MPH could be an option to consider.
- If air volume is an important feature, the RY404140 by Ryobi will not disappoint. Its airflow maxes out at 650 CFM (cubic feet per minute), which is more powerful than most cordless handheld blowers. If air volume is important to you, the EGO LB7654, with 765 CFM, could be in your good books.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other cordless blowers, the Ryobi RY404140 is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this blower nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of product.
Ryobi Limited is a manufacturer of power tools, outdoor equipment, and various other types of electronic products and components. Founded in Japan in 1943, Ryobi has since expanded to become a multi-brand, multinational company aimed at providing affordable, pro-featured products. It is now owned by Techtronic Industries, a company overseeing production and marketing of brands such as Ridgid and Homelite.
The Ryobi RY404140 is covered under a warranty for up to 5 years. This warranty may not cover all parts of the blower.
For more information about the warranty of Ryobi blowers, please consult Ryobi's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-800-525-2579.
Questions & Answers
There are no questions yet. Ask the first question.