The Ryobi RY404140 is a cordless handheld leaf blower delivering 650 CFM at 160 MPH. It features a 6 Ah 40 V Li-ion battery. (Read full specs)
Features and Specifications
|CFM||Up to 650|
|MPH||Up to 160|
|Weight (w/ battery)||13.7 lbs|
|Weight (tool only)||10.4 lbs|
|Noise rating||57 dB|
|Other model numbers||RY404140VNM|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue. Should you wish more detailed specs on the Ryobi RY404140, the user manual is available here (opens in a new tab).
Overview of the Ryobi RY404140
- Power: The RY404140 is a cordless blower made by Ryobi. It has a maximum air speed of 160 MPH and its nozzle can expel a max air volume of 650 cubic feet per minute (CFM).
- Power delivery: Ryobi designed this unit and its brushless, battery-operated motor with top-of-the-food-chain maneuverability in mind. The RY404140 doesn’t need to be plugged in, so you can take it anywhere easily.
- Battery: Its 6 Ah 40 V Li-ion battery (1 OP40604 battery included) enables the blower to run for up to 40 minutes without needing to recharge.
- Handling: For those who are looking for a portable and convenient leaf blower, this model is a strong candidate. It’s designed for easy handling and use, and its size means it’s easily carried and stored. Be aware that, at 13.7 lbs, the Ryobi RY404140 is on the heavier side of cordless handheld blowers.
- Speed Settings: There are times when you only need a little more power, while other times you will want a bit more precision when clearing leaves and debris. For this purpose, the RY404140 offers variable speed settings, adding you, the user, more control, and a cruise control mode, which will allow you to maintain it comfortably for as long as you wish.
- Noise: Its noise rating of 57 dB can be considered the standard for similar electric handheld blowers.
The Ryobi RY404140's performance versus other blowers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea how the key specs of the Ryobi RY404140 compare with handheld leaf blowers of similar voltage (between 36 and 48V).
- Air exiting the nozzle of this blower can reach 160 MPH, which is quite a bit faster than most battery-operated handheld blowers between 36 and 48V. If you wish to benefit from air expelled at the fastest possible speed, the Makita XBU01PT and its 208 MPH could be an option to consider.
- Regarding its air volume, the Ryobi RY404140 boasts an impressive airflow that can reach 650 CFM (Cubic Foot per Minute). This places it amongst the most powerful cordless handheld blowers with a comparable voltage. If air volume is important to you, the Husqvarna 350iB, with 800 CFM, could be in your good books.
- Its battery is standard in terms of autonomy for a cordless handheld product that runs on this kind of voltage. Fully charged, it should run for up to 40 minutes. If autonomy is an important factor for you, the Makita CBU01Z can run for up to 300 minutes and could be worth considering.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other cordless blowers, the Ryobi RY404140 is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this blower nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of product.
Ryobi Limited is a manufacturer of power tools, outdoor equipment, and various other types of electronic products and components. Founded in Japan in 1943, Ryobi has since expanded to become a multi-brand, multinational company aimed at providing affordable, pro-featured products. It is now owned by Techtronic Industries, a company overseeing production and marketing of brands such as Ridgid and Homelite.
The Ryobi RY404140 is covered under a warranty for up to 5 years. This warranty may not cover all parts of the blower.
For more information about the warranty of Ryobi blowers, please consult Ryobi's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-800-525-2579.
Questions & Answers
Is this the 2023 model (Asked October 14, 2023)
This model was released summer 2022.
Couldn't find the right answer for you? Ask your own question.