The Ryobi RY404150 is a 3-in-1 cordless blower/vacuum/mulcher delivering 600 CFM at 100 MPH. It features a 4 Ah 40 V Li-ion battery. (Read full specs)
Features and Specifications
|CFM||Up to 600|
|MPH||Up to 100|
|Mulcher||Yes, metal impeller|
|Weight (w/ battery)||15.2 lbs|
|Weight (tool only)||12.3 lbs|
|Noise rating||65 dB|
|Other model numbers||RY404150VNM|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue. Should you wish more detailed specs on the Ryobi RY404150, the user manual is available here (opens in a new tab).
Overview of the Ryobi RY404150
- Power: This cordless leaf blower has a maximum air volume rating of 600 cubic feet per minute (CFM) and an air speed rating of 100 MPH.
- Power delivery: This blower has a brushless, battery-operated motor. Thus, the user won’t have to worry about tripping over pesky cords when they’re busy working their lawn.
- Battery: The Ryobi RY404150 features an easy-to-recharge 4 Ah 40 V Li-ion battery (2 OP40404 batteries included).
- Handling: For those who are looking for a portable and convenient leaf blower, this model is a strong candidate. It’s designed for easy handling and use, and its size means it’s easily carried and stored. However, for a cordless handheld blower, the Ryobi RY404150 is heavier than most, weighing 15.2 lbs.
- Speed Settings: With 3 speed settings, this blower’s output can be set to meet the needs of jobs big or small.
- Vacuum: For those who really want to make leaves disappear, the RY404150 has a handy 'blower vac' feature (the keyword here being 'vac', aka 'vacuum'). It allows the operator to collect leaves and light debris in a collection bag to be easily discarded after the job is finished (10.5 gallon bag included).
- Mulching: With a mulching ratio of 20:1, this mulcher can reliably pulp 20 bags of waste (such as leaves and other debris) into 1 bag of mulch. The unit uses a metal impeller.
- Noise: As far as electric handheld blowers go, this one is average in terms of noise with a rating of 65 dB.
The Ryobi RY404150's performance versus other blowers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea how the key specs of the Ryobi RY404150 compare with similar leaf blowers.
- Maxing out at 100 MPH at full power, this blower is on the lower end in terms of air speed for battery-operated handheld blowers. For the fastest air speed in this category, you may want to consider the Makita XBU01PT, which can expell air at a velocity that can reach 208 MPH.
- The RY404150 is powerful, with an airflow rating of 600 CFM (cubic feet per minute). This is certainly on the high end compared to other cordless handheld blowers. If air volume is important to you, the CAT DG651, with 800 CFM, could be in your good books.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other cordless blowers, the Ryobi RY404150 is on the expensive side of the price range.
While certainly not the cheapest of its kind, purchasing it could most likely also mean enjoying the reliability of a high-end product.
Ryobi Limited is a manufacturer of power tools, outdoor equipment, and various other types of electronic products and components. Founded in Japan in 1943, Ryobi has since expanded to become a multi-brand, multinational company aimed at providing affordable, pro-featured products. It is now owned by Techtronic Industries, a company overseeing production and marketing of brands such as Ridgid and Homelite.
The Ryobi RY404150 is covered under a warranty for up to 5 years. This warranty may not cover all parts of the blower.
For more information about the warranty of Ryobi blowers, please consult Ryobi's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-800-525-2579.
Questions & Answers
There are no questions yet. Ask the first question.