The Ryobi RY404150 is a 3-in-1 cordless blower/vacuum/mulcher delivering 600 CFM at 100 MPH. It features a 4 Ah 40 V Li-ion battery. (Read full specs)
Features and Specifications
|CFM||Up to 600|
|MPH||Up to 100|
|Mulcher||Yes, metal impeller|
|Weight (w/ battery)||15.2 lbs|
|Weight (tool only)||12.3 lbs|
|Other model numbers||RY404150VNM|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
Overview of the Ryobi RY404150
- Power: This cordless leaf blower has a maximum air volume rating of 600 cubic feet per minute (CFM) and an air speed rating of 100 MPH.
- Power delivery: If you don’t like dealing with cords, you will be delighted to know that this blower is equipped with a brushless, battery-operated motor.
- Battery: The Ryobi RY404150 features an easy-to-recharge 4 Ah 40 V Li-ion battery (2 OP40404 batteries included).
- Handling: It’s handheld, so naturally it’s easier to handle and carry than larger leaf blowers, such as backpack models or walk-behinds.
- Speed Settings: Not all jobs need full power. The RY404150 has 3 speed settings so, you can blow more or less air from the blower depending on the job.
- Vacuum: For those who really want to make leaves disappear, the RY404150 has a handy 'blower vac' feature (the keyword here being 'vac', aka 'vacuum'). It allows the operator to collect leaves and light debris in a collection bag to be easily discarded after the job is finished (10.5 gallon bag included).
- Mulching: With a mulching ratio of 20:1, this mulcher can reliably pulp 20 bags of waste (such as leaves and other debris) into 1 bag of mulch. The unit uses a metal impeller.
The Ryobi RY404150's performance versus other blowers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea how the key specs of the Ryobi RY404150 compare with similar leaf blowers.
- Maxing out at 100 MPH at full power, this blower is on the lower end in terms of air speed for battery-operated handheld blowers. For the fastest air speed in this category, you may want to consider the Makita XBU01PT, which can expell air at a velocity that can reach 208 MPH.
- Regarding its air volume, the Ryobi RY404150 boasts an impressive airflow that can reach 600 CFM (Cubic Foot per Minute). This places it amongst the most powerful cordless handheld blowers. If air volume is important to you, the CAT DG651, with 800 CFM, could be in your good books.
Ryobi Limited is a manufacturer of power tools, outdoor equipment, and various other types of electronic products and components. Founded in Japan in 1943, Ryobi has since expanded to become a multi-brand, multinational company aimed at providing affordable, pro-featured products. It is now owned by Techtronic Industries, a company overseeing production and marketing of brands such as Ridgid and Homelite.
The Ryobi RY404150 is covered under a warranty for up to 5 years. This warranty may not cover all parts of the blower.
For more information about the warranty of Ryobi blowers, please consult Ryobi's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-800-525-2579.
Questions & Answers
There are no questions yet. Ask the first question.