The Ryobi RY404170 is a cordless backpack leaf blower delivering 730 CFM at 165 MPH. It features a 6 Ah 40 V Li-ion battery. (Read full specs)
Features and Specifications
|CFM||Up to 730|
|MPH||Up to 165|
|Weight (w/ battery)||29.2 lbs|
|Weight (tool only)||21.2 lbs|
|Noise rating||59 dB|
|Other model numbers||RY404170VNM|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue. Should you wish more detailed specs on the Ryobi RY404170, the user manual is available here (opens in a new tab).
Overview of the Ryobi RY404170
- Power: The Ryobi RY404170 is a cordless blower with a maximum air volume rating of 730 cubic feet per minute (CFM) and an air speed of 165 MPH.
- Power delivery: This blower has a brushless, battery-operated motor. Thus, the user won’t have to worry about tripping over pesky cords when they’re busy working their lawn.
- Battery: Its 6 Ah 40 V Li-ion battery (2 OP40604 batteries included) means that a user can operate the RY404170 for an estimated 40 minutes on a full charge.
- Handling: This blower’s backpack functionality makes make it less exerting on the user, even when used for an extended period of time. Its throttle is located on the tube, which allows you to keep your left hand free. However, for an electric backpack blower, the Ryobi RY404170 is heavier than most, weighing 29.2 lbs.
- Speed Settings: There are times when you only need a little more power, while other times you will want a bit more precision when clearing leaves and debris. For this purpose, the RY404170 offers variable speed settings, adding you, the user, more control, and a cruise control mode, which will allow you to maintain it comfortably for as long as you wish.
- Noise: With a decibel rating of 59 dB, the RY404170 is neither louder nor quieter than its rivals in the electric backpack category.
The Ryobi RY404170's performance versus other blowers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea how the key specs of the Ryobi RY404170 compare with similar leaf blowers.
- It can push air from the nozzle at 165 MPH, which puts it ahead of its class in terms of air speed for battery-operated backpack blowers. If you wish to benefit from air expelled at the fastest possible speed, the EGO LBPX8000 and its 190 MPH could be an option to consider.
- Regarding its air volume, the Ryobi RY404170 boasts an impressive airflow that can reach 730 CFM (Cubic Foot per Minute). This places it amongst the most powerful cordless backpack blowers. If air volume is important to you, the Worx WG572, with 800 CFM, could be in your good books.
- Users can expect a maximum autonomy of 40 minutes from its battery, which means the RY404170 won't run as long as many other cordless backpack units before needing to be plugged in. To enjoy the best possible autonomy in this category, you could have a look at the Makita CBU02Z which offers up to 240 minutes of runtime.
As you can see from this interactive chart, the Ryobi RY404170 is the cheapest of all cordless backpack blowers.
It can therefore be a really good buy if you're looking to acquire a budget blower.
Ryobi Limited is a manufacturer of power tools, outdoor equipment, and various other types of electronic products and components. Founded in Japan in 1943, Ryobi has since expanded to become a multi-brand, multinational company aimed at providing affordable, pro-featured products. It is now owned by Techtronic Industries, a company overseeing production and marketing of brands such as Ridgid and Homelite.
The Ryobi RY404170 is covered under a warranty for up to 5 years. This warranty may not cover all parts of the blower.
For more information about the warranty of Ryobi blowers, please consult Ryobi's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-800-525-2579.
Questions & Answers
There are no questions yet. Ask the first question.