The Ryobi RY404170 is a cordless backpack leaf blower delivering 730 CFM at 165 MPH. It features a 6 Ah 40 V Li-ion battery. (Read full specs)
Features and Specifications
|CFM||Up to 730|
|MPH||Up to 165|
|Weight (w/ battery)||29.2 lbs|
|Weight (tool only)||21.2 lbs|
|Noise rating||59 dB|
|Other model numbers||RY404170VNM|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
Overview of the Ryobi RY404170
- Power: This cordless leaf blower has a maximum air volume rating of 730 cubic feet per minute (CFM) and an air speed rating of 165 MPH.
- Power delivery: Since the device is powered by a brushless, battery-operated motor, it doesn’t require to be plugged in and therefore, it allows superb freedom of movement.
- Battery: Its 6 Ah 40 V Li-ion battery (2 OP40604 batteries included) offers a maximum autonomy of 40 minutes on a full charge.
- Handling: By design, this model isn’t the smallest leaf blower on the market. It’s meant to be carried as a backpack so that the bulk of the unit is out of the way and the user’s hands are free to manipulate the nozzle. Its throttle is located on the tube, which allows you to keep your left hand free.
- Speed Settings: To provide more control over their job to the user, the unit has a variable speed control setting. No matter the size of the job, the user can adjust the airflow of the Ryobi RY404170 to match it. On top of that, maintaining the selected speed is effortless, as it also features cruise control.
- Noise: With a decibel rating of 59 dB, the RY404170 is neither louder nor quieter than its rivals in the electric backpack category.
The Ryobi RY404170's performance versus other blowers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea how the key specs of the Ryobi RY404170 compare with similar leaf blowers.
- It can push air from the nozzle at 165 MPH, which is the highest air speed you can currently obtain with a battery-operated backpack blower.
- If air volume is an important feature, the RY404170 by Ryobi will not disappoint. Its airflow maxes out at 730 CFM (cubic feet per minute), which is more powerful than most cordless backpack blowers. If air volume is important to you, the Worx WG572, with 800 CFM, could be in your good books.
- Users can expect a maximum autonomy of 40 minutes from its battery, which means the RY404170 won't run as long as many other cordless backpack units before needing to be plugged in. To enjoy the best possible autonomy in this category, you could have a look at the Worx WG572 which offers up to 230 minutes of runtime.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other cordless backpack blowers, the Ryobi RY404170 is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this blower nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of product.
Ryobi Limited is a manufacturer of power tools, outdoor equipment, and various other types of electronic products and components. Founded in Japan in 1943, Ryobi has since expanded to become a multi-brand, multinational company aimed at providing affordable, pro-featured products. It is now owned by Techtronic Industries, a company overseeing production and marketing of brands such as Ridgid and Homelite.
The Ryobi RY404170 is covered under a warranty for up to 5 years. This warranty may not cover all parts of the blower.
For more information about the warranty of Ryobi blowers, please consult Ryobi's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-800-525-2579.
Questions & Answers
There are no questions yet. Ask the first question.