The Ryobi RY404180 is a cordless handheld leaf blower delivering 730 CFM at 190 MPH. It is powered by a 40V battery system. (Read full specs)
Features and Specifications
|CFM||Up to 730|
|MPH||Up to 190|
|Weight (w/ battery)||9.8 lbs|
|Weight (tool only)||6.5 lbs|
|Noise rating||57 dB|
|Other model numbers||RY404180VNM|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
Overview of the Ryobi RY404180
- Power: The Ryobi RY404180 is a cordless blower with a maximum air volume rating of 730 cubic feet per minute (CFM) and an air speed of 190 MPH.
- Power delivery: This blower has a brushless, battery-operated motor. Thus, the user won’t have to worry about tripping over pesky cords when they’re busy working their lawn.
- Battery: The Ryobi RY404180 comes with two 6 Ah 40 V Li-ion batteries. These batteries can be used through a versatile system which allows the user to either use a single battery directly on the unit, or up to 3 batteries in a backpack power supply unit. We detail the backpack power supply unit below.
- Handling: Ryobi markets this unit as a handheld/backpack blower. However, we consider this blower handheld, since the user still has to fully carry the unit's weight with their arm, even when using the backpack power supply. However, for a cordless handheld blower, the Ryobi RY404180 is heavier than most, weighing 9.8 lbs.
- Speed Settings: There are times when you only need a little more power, while other times you will want a bit more precision when clearing leaves and debris. For this purpose, the RY404180 offers variable speed settings, adding you, the user, more control, and a cruise control mode, which will allow you to maintain it comfortably for as long as you wish.
- Noise: Its noise rating of 57 dB can be considered the standard for similar electric handheld blowers.
Backpack Power Supply Unit
Ryobi's 40V backpack power supply allows you to maximize runtime when tackling big jobs. It consists of a hard shell that can contain up to 3 batteries, built-in adjustable straps, and a power adaptor.
To use the backpack power supply, the user places the desired amount of batteries inside the backpack, and inserts the power adaptor in the blower's battery slot. Only one battery pack needs to be installed for operation. If there are more than one battery pack installed, energy will be pulled from the battery with the most charge when the blower is turned on.
The backpack also features a USB charging port that can provide up to 2 amps of charging power for your cell phone, MP3 player, tablet, or other USB devices
The adaptor features an LCD display which provides an instant reading on each battery's charge level. The backpack can also be used as a multiport rapid charger and is compatible with select tools in the RYOBI 40V collection.
The Ryobi RY404180's performance versus other blowers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea how the key specs of the Ryobi RY404180 compare with similar leaf blowers.
- It can push air from the nozzle at 190 MPH, which puts it ahead of its class in terms of air speed for battery-operated handheld blowers. If you wish to benefit from air expelled at the fastest possible speed, the Makita XBU01PT and its 208 MPH could be an option to consider.
- The RY404180 is powerful, with an airflow rating of 730 CFM (cubic feet per minute). This is certainly on the high end compared to other cordless handheld blowers. If air volume is important to you, the EGO LB7654, with 765 CFM, could be in your good books.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other cordless blowers, the Ryobi RY404180 is on the expensive side of the price range.
While certainly not the cheapest of its kind, purchasing it could most likely also mean enjoying the reliability of a high-end product.
Ryobi Limited is a manufacturer of power tools, outdoor equipment, and various other types of electronic products and components. Founded in Japan in 1943, Ryobi has since expanded to become a multi-brand, multinational company aimed at providing affordable, pro-featured products. It is now owned by Techtronic Industries, a company overseeing production and marketing of brands such as Ridgid and Homelite.
The Ryobi RY404180 is covered under a warranty for up to 5 years. This warranty may not cover all parts of the blower.
For more information about the warranty of Ryobi blowers, please consult Ryobi's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-800-525-2579.
Questions & Answers
There are no questions yet. Ask the first question.