The Ryobi RY404180 is a cordless handheld leaf blower delivering 730 CFM at 190 MPH. It is powered by a 40V battery system. (Read full specs)
Backpack power supply
Features and Specifications
|CFM||Up to 730|
|MPH||Up to 190|
|Weight (w/ battery)||9.8 lbs|
|Weight (tool only)||6.5 lbs|
|Noise rating||57 dB|
|Other model numbers||RY404180VNM|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue. Should you wish more detailed specs on the Ryobi RY404180, the user manual is available here (opens in a new tab).
Overview of the Ryobi RY404180
- Power: This cordless leaf blower has a maximum air volume rating of 730 cubic feet per minute (CFM) and an air speed rating of 190 MPH.
- Power delivery: This blower has a brushless, battery-operated motor. Thus, the user won’t have to worry about tripping over pesky cords when they’re busy working their lawn.
- Battery: The Ryobi RY404180 comes with two 6 Ah 40 V Li-ion batteries. These batteries can be used through a versatile system which allows the user to equip it with a single battery, or to extend its capabilites by a backpack power supply unit which houses up to three batteries. We provide further details about the backpack power supply unit below.
- Handling: Ryobi markets this unit as a handheld/backpack blower. However, we consider this blower handheld, since the user has to carry the unit's full weight with their arm, even when using the backpack power supply. Be aware that, at 9.8 lbs, the Ryobi RY404180 is on the heavier side of cordless handheld blowers.
- Speed Settings: To provide more control over their job to the user, the unit has a variable speed control setting. No matter the size of the job, the user can adjust the airflow of the Ryobi RY404180 to match it. On top of that, maintaining the selected speed is effortless, as it also features cruise control.
- Noise: As far as electric handheld blowers go, this one is average in terms of noise with a rating of 57 dB.
Backpack Power Supply Unit
Ryobi's 40V backpack power supply allows you to maximize runtime when tackling big jobs. It consists of a hard shell that can contain up to 3 batteries, built-in adjustable straps, and a power adaptor.
To use the backpack power supply, the user inserts the desired number of batteries into the backpack, and plugs the power adaptor into the blower's battery slot. The leaf blower is powered by one battery pack at a time. If there are more than one battery pack installed, the one of the most charge will be used when the blower is turned on.
The backpack also features a USB charging port that can provide up to 2 amps of charging power for your cell phone, MP3 player, tablet, or other USB devices
The adaptor features an LCD display which provides an instant reading on each battery's charge. The backpack can also be used as a multiport rapid charger and is compatible with select tools in the RYOBI 40V collection.
The Ryobi RY404180's performance versus other blowers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea how the key specs of the Ryobi RY404180 compare with handheld leaf blowers of similar voltage (between 36 and 48V).
- Upon exiting the nozzle, the air can reach speeds of up to 190 MPH, which is rather impressive for a battery-operated handheld blower between 36 and 48V. If you wish to benefit from air expelled at the fastest possible speed, the Makita XBU01PT and its 208 MPH could be an option to consider.
- The RY404180 is powerful, with an airflow rating of 730 CFM (cubic feet per minute). This is certainly on the high end compared to other cordless handheld blowers with a comparable voltage. If air volume is important to you, the Husqvarna 350iB, with 800 CFM, could be in your good books.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other cordless blowers, the Ryobi RY404180 is on the expensive side of the price range.
While certainly not the cheapest of its kind, purchasing it could most likely also mean enjoying the reliability of a high-end product.
Ryobi Limited is a manufacturer of power tools, outdoor equipment, and various other types of electronic products and components. Founded in Japan in 1943, Ryobi has since expanded to become a multi-brand, multinational company aimed at providing affordable, pro-featured products. It is now owned by Techtronic Industries, a company overseeing production and marketing of brands such as Ridgid and Homelite.
The Ryobi RY404180 is covered under a warranty for up to 5 years. This warranty may not cover all parts of the blower.
For more information about the warranty of Ryobi blowers, please consult Ryobi's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-800-525-2579.
Questions & Answers
There are no questions yet. Ask the first question.