The Ryobi RY40440 is a cordless backpack leaf blower delivering 625 CFM at 145 MPH. It features a 5 Ah 40 V Li-ion battery. (Read full specs)
Features and Specifications
|CFM||Up to 625|
|MPH||Up to 145|
|Noise rating||59 dB|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue. Should you wish more detailed specs on the Ryobi RY40440, the user manual is available here (opens in a new tab).
Overview of the Ryobi RY40440
- Power: This cordless leaf blower has a maximum air volume rating of 625 cubic feet per minute (CFM) and an air speed rating of 145 MPH.
- Power delivery: The blower is battery-operated, so the operator won’t need to worry about getting tripped up by pesky cords when they’re busy getting work done.
- Battery: Its 5 Ah 40 V Li-ion battery (1 battery included) means that a user can operate the RY40440 for an estimated 30 minutes on a full charge.
- Handling: This blower’s backpack functionality makes make it less exerting on the user, even when used for an extended period of time. Its throttle is located on the tube, which allows you to keep your left hand free. However, for a electric backpack blower, the Ryobi RY40440 is heavier than most, weighing 21.2 lbs.
- Speed Settings: Thanks to its variable speed settings, the Ryobi RY40440 allows precise control of the air output.
- Noise: With a decibel rating of 59 dB, the RY40440 is neither louder nor quieter than its rivals in the electric backpack category.
The Ryobi RY40440's performance versus other blowers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea how the key specs of the Ryobi RY40440 compare with similar leaf blowers.
- The Ryobi RY40440 expels air at speeds up to 145 MPH, making it standard in terms of air speed for electric backpack blowers (the one expelling air at the fastest speed being the Poulan Pro PRBP675i with 150 MPH).
- If air volume is an important feature, the RY40440 by Ryobi will not disappoint. Its airflow maxes out at 625 CFM (cubic feet per minute), which is more powerful than most electric backpack blowers (the biggest expelled air volume belonging to the Poulan Pro PRBP675i with 675 CFM).
- The RY40440 is within the average range for cordless backpack units, offering up to 30 minutes of running time when fully charged (the one with the best autonomy being the Dewalt DCBL590X1 with up to 40 minutes of runtime).
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other electric backpack blowers, the Ryobi RY40440 is on the cheap side of the price range.
It can therefore be a really good buy if you're looking to acquire a budget blower.
Ryobi Limited is a manufacturer of power tools, outdoor equipment, and various other types of electronic products and components. Founded in Japan in 1943, Ryobi has since expanded to become a multi-brand, multinational company aimed at providing affordable, pro-featured products. It is now owned by Techtronic Industries, a company overseeing production and marketing of brands such as Craftsman, Ridgid and Homelite.
The Ryobi RY40440 is covered under a warranty for up to 5 years. This warranty may not cover all parts of the blower.
For more information about the warranty of Ryobi blowers, please consult Ryobi's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-800-860-4050.
Questions & Answers
There are no questions yet. Ask the first question.