Features and Specifications
|CFM||Up to 625|
|MPH||Up to 145|
|Noise Rating||59 dB|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue. Should you wish more detailed specs on the Ryobi RY40440, the user manual is available here.
Overview of the Ryobi RY40440
- Power: This cordless leaf blower has a maximum air volume rating of 625 cubic feet per minute (CFM) and an air speed rating of 145 MPH.
- Power delivery: As it is battery-operated, it doesn't need to be plugged in and therefore allows superb freedom of movement.
- Battery: Its 5 Ah 40 V Li-ion battery (1 battery included) offers an autonomy of 30 minutes on a full charge.
- Handling: As this unit is a backpack leaf blower, the majority of the unit is distributed so that the user can operate it with ease for most reasonable periods of use. Its throttle is located on the tube, which allows you to keep your left hand free. Be aware that, at 21.2 lbs, the Ryobi RY40440 is on the heavier side for electric backpack blowers.
- Speed Settings: Thanks to its variable speed settings, the Ryobi RY40440 allows precise control of the air output.
- Noise: As far as electric backpack blowers go, this one is average in terms of noise with a rating of 59 dB.
The Ryobi RY40440's performance versus other blowers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea how the key specs of the Ryobi RY40440 compare with similar leaf blowers.
- Forced air leaving this blower’s nozzle has been clocked at 145 MPH. That makes the RY40440 average in terms of air speed for electric backpack blowers (the one expelling air at the fastest speed being the Poulan Pro PRBP675i with 150 MPH).
- If air volume is an important feature, the RY40440 by Ryobi will not disappoint. Its airflow maxes out at 625 CFM (cubic feet per minute), which is more powerful than most electric backpack leaf blowers (the biggest expelled air volume belonging to the Poulan Pro PRBP675i with 675 CFM).
- Users can expect an autonomy of 30 minutes from its battery, which means the RY40440 won't run as long as many other cordless backpack units before needing to be plugged in (the one with the best autonomy being the Dewalt DCBL590X1 with up to 40 minutes of runtime).
As you can see from this dynamic chart, when compared to other electric backpack blowers, the Ryobi RY40440 is on the cheap side of the price range.
It can therefore be a really good buy if you're looking to acquire a budget blower.
The bottom line
- High CFM (625 CFM)
- Acceptable Noise (59 dB)
- Decent MPH (145 MPH)
- Quite heavy (21.2 lbs)
- Low autonomy (30 mins)
Ryobi Limited is a manufacturer of power tools, outdoor equipment, and various other types of electronic products and components. Founded in Japan in 1943, Ryobi has since expanded to become a multi-brand, multinational company aimed at providing affordable, pro-featured products. It is now owned by Techtronic Industries, a company overseeing production and marketing of brands such as Craftsman, Ridgid and Homelite.
The Ryobi RY40440 is covered under a warranty for up to 5 years. This warranty may not cover all parts of the blower.
For more information about the warranty of Ryobi blowers, please consult Ryobi's warranty policies. Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-800-860-4050.
Questions & Answers
There are no questions yet. Ask the first question.