The Ryobi RY40440 is a cordless backpack leaf blower delivering 625 CFM at 145 MPH. It features a 5 Ah 40 V Li-ion battery. (Read full specs)
Features and Specifications
|CFM||Up to 625|
|MPH||Up to 145|
|Noise rating||59 dB|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue. Should you wish more detailed specs on the Ryobi RY40440, the user manual is available here (opens in a new tab).
Overview of the Ryobi RY40440
- Power: This cordless leaf blower has a maximum air volume rating of 625 cubic feet per minute (CFM) and an air speed rating of 145 MPH.
- Power delivery: This blower has a brushless, battery-operated motor. Thus, the user won’t have to worry about tripping over pesky cords when they’re busy working their lawn.
- Battery: Its 5 Ah 40 V Li-ion battery (1 battery included) enables the blower to run for up to 30 minutes without needing to a recharge.
- Handling: By design, this model isn’t the smallest leaf blower on the market. It’s meant to be carried as a backpack so that the bulk of the unit is out of the way and the user’s hands are free to manipulate the nozzle. Its throttle is located on the tube, which allows you to keep your left hand free. All told, it weighs 21.2 lbs — the Ryobi RY40440 is neither the lightest nor the heaviest electric backpack blower on the market.
- Speed Settings: With its variable speed settings, the Ryobi RY40440 allows you to precisely control its air output. In addition, the blower is also equipped with cruise control, with which the user can easily maintain the selected settings.
- Noise: Its noise rating of 59 dB can be considered the standard for similar electric backpack blowers.
The Ryobi RY40440's performance versus other blowers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea how the key specs of the Ryobi RY40440 compare with similar leaf blowers.
- Upon exiting the nozzle, the air can reach speeds of up to 145 MPH, which is pretty much what is to be expected for battery-operated backpack blowers. If you wish to benefit from air expelled at the fastest possible speed, the Poulan Pro PRBP675i and its 150 MPH could be an option to consider.
- If air volume is an important feature, the RY40440 by Ryobi will not disappoint. Its airflow maxes out at 625 CFM (cubic feet per minute), which is more powerful than most cordless backpack blowers. If air volume is important to you, the Kobalt KBB 4240-06, with 690 CFM, could be in your good books.
- Users can expect an autonomy of 30 minutes from its battery, which means the RY40440 won't run as long as many other cordless backpack units before needing to be plugged in. To enjoy the best possible autonomy in this category, you could have a look at the Kobalt KBB 4240-06 which offers up to 200 minutes of runtime.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other cordless backpack blowers, the Ryobi RY40440 is on the cheap side of the price range.
It can therefore be a really good buy if you're looking to acquire a budget blower.
Ryobi Limited is a manufacturer of power tools, outdoor equipment, and various other types of electronic products and components. Founded in Japan in 1943, Ryobi has since expanded to become a multi-brand, multinational company aimed at providing affordable, pro-featured products. It is now owned by Techtronic Industries, a company overseeing production and marketing of brands such as Craftsman, Ridgid and Homelite.
The Ryobi RY40440 is covered under a warranty for up to 5 years. This warranty may not cover all parts of the blower.
For more information about the warranty of Ryobi blowers, please consult Ryobi's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-800-860-4050.
Questions & Answers
There are no questions yet. Ask the first question.