The Ryobi RY40440 is a cordless backpack leaf blower delivering 625 CFM at 145 MPH. It features a 5 Ah 40 V Li-ion battery. (Read full specs)
Features and Specifications
|Up to 625
|Up to 145
|Weight (w/ battery)
|Weight (tool only)
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue. Should you wish more detailed specs on the Ryobi RY40440, the user manual is available here (opens in a new tab).
Overview of the Ryobi RY40440
- Power: The Ryobi RY40440 can force 625 cubic feet of air per minute (CFM) from its nozzle at a maximum speed of 145 MPH.
- Power delivery: Ryobi designed this unit and its brushless, battery-operated motor with top-of-the-food-chain maneuverability in mind. The RY40440 doesn’t need to be plugged in, so you can take it anywhere easily.
- Battery: It has a 5 Ah 40 V Li-ion battery (1 OP4050A battery combo included) that should work reliably for up to 30 minutes if completely charged.
- Handling: This blower’s backpack functionality makes make it less exerting on the user, even when used for an extended period of time. Its throttle is located on the tube, which allows you to keep your left hand free. Be aware that, at 25.1 lbs, the Ryobi RY40440 is on the heavier side of electric backpack blowers.
- Speed Settings: To provide more control over their job to the user, the unit has a variable speed control setting. No matter the size of the job, the user can adjust the airflow of the Ryobi RY40440 to match it. On top of that, maintaining the selected speed is effortless, as it also features cruise control.
- Noise: With a decibel rating of 59 dB, the RY40440 is neither louder nor quieter than its rivals in the electric backpack category.
The Ryobi RY40440's performance versus other blowers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea how the key specs of the Ryobi RY40440 compare with other cordless backpack leaf blowers.
- The air speed of the Ryobi RY40440 maxes out at 145 MPH. While more than adequate for many jobs, its air speed is below average among other battery-operated backpack blowers. For the fastest air speed in this category, you may want to consider the Echo DPB-5800T, which can expell air at a velocity that can reach 195 MPH.
- Regarding its air volume, the airflow of the Ryobi RY40440 can reach 625 CFM (Cubic Feet per Minute), which is on par with other cordless backpack blowers with a comparable voltage. If air volume is important to you, the EGO LBPX8004-2, with 800 CFM, could be in your good books.
- Autonomy-wise, with up to 30 minutes of autonomy on a full charge, the RY40440 is on the low end when compared with other cordless backpack units. To enjoy the best possible autonomy in this category, you could have a look at the Makita CBU02Z which offers up to 240 minutes of runtime.
As you can see from these interactive charts, when compared to other cordless backpack blowers, the Ryobi RY40440 is on the cheap side of the price range.
It can therefore be a really good buy if you're looking to acquire a budget blower.
Ryobi Limited is a manufacturer of power tools, outdoor equipment, and various other types of electronic products and components. Founded in Japan in 1943, Ryobi has since expanded to become a multi-brand, multinational company aimed at providing affordable, pro-featured products. It is now owned by Techtronic Industries, a company overseeing production and marketing of brands such as Ridgid and Homelite.
The Ryobi RY40440 is covered under a warranty for up to 5 years. This warranty may not cover all parts of the blower.
For more information about the warranty of Ryobi blowers, please consult Ryobi's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-800-525-2579.
Questions & Answers
There are no questions yet. Ask the first question.