Features and Specifications
|CFM||Up to 625|
|MPH||Up to 145|
|Noise Rating||59 dB|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue. Should you wish more detailed specs on the Ryobi RY40440, the user manual is available here.
Overview of the Ryobi RY40440
- Power: The Ryobi RY40440 can force 625 cubic feet of air per minute (CFM) from its nozzle at a maximum speed of 145 MPH.
- Power delivery: The blower is battery-operated, so the operator won’t need to worry about getting tripped up by pesky cords when they’re busy getting work done.
- Battery: With its 5 Ah 40 V Li-ion battery, the Ryobi RY40440 has a standard, full-charge run time of up to 30 minutes.
- Handling: This blower’s backpack functionality makes make it less exerting on the user, even when used for an extended period of time. Its throttle is located on the tube, which allows you to keep your left hand free. Be aware that, at 21.2 lbs, the Ryobi RY40440 is on the heavier side for electric backpack blowers.
- Speed Settings: Thanks to its variable speed settings, the Ryobi RY40440 allows precise control of the air output.
- Noise: With a noise rating of 59 dB, this blower can be considered the standard for similar electric backpack blowers.
The Ryobi RY40440's performance versus other blowers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea how the key specs of the Ryobi RY40440 compare with similar leaf blowers.
- Upon exiting the nozzle, the air can reach speeds of up to 145 MPH, which is pretty much what is to be expected for electric backpack blowers (the one expelling air at the fastest speed being the Poulan Pro PRBP675i with 150 MPH).
- Regarding its air volume, the Ryobi RY40440 boasts an impressive airflow that can reach 625 CFM (Cubic Foot per Minute). This places it amongst the most powerful of electric backpack leaf blowers (the biggest expelled air volume belonging to the Poulan Pro PRBP675i with 675 CFM).
- Autonomy-wise, with up to 30 minutes of autonomy on a full charge, the RY40440 is on the low end when compared with other cordless backpack units (the one with the best autonomy being the Dewalt DCBL590X1 with up to 40 minutes of runtime).
As you can see from this dynamic chart, when compared to other electric backpack blowers, the Ryobi RY40440 is on the cheap side of the price range.
It can therefore be a really good buy if you're looking to acquire a budget blower.
The bottom line
- High CFM (625 CFM)
- Acceptable Noise (59 dB)
- Decent MPH (145 MPH)
- Quite heavy (21.2 lbs)
- Low autonomy (30 mins)
Where to buy the ryobi RY40440?
Ryobi Limited is a manufacturer of power tools, outdoor equipment, and various other types of electronic products and components. Founded in Japan in 1943, Ryobi has since expanded to become a multi-brand, multinational company aimed at providing affordable, pro-featured products. It is now owned by Techtronic Industries, a company overseeing production and marketing of brands such as Craftsman, Ridgid and Homelite.
The Ryobi RY40440 is covered under a warranty for up to 5 years. This warranty may not cover all parts of the blower.
For more information about the warranty of Ryobi blowers, please consult Ryobi's warranty policies. Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-800-860-4050.
Questions & Answers
There are no questions yet. Ask the first question.