The Ryobi RY40460 is a cordless handheld leaf blower delivering 500 CFM at 110 MPH. It features a 4 Ah 40 V Li-ion battery. (Read full specs)
Features and Specifications
|Up to 500
|Up to 110
|Weight (w/ battery)
|Weight (tool only)
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue. Should you wish more detailed specs on the Ryobi RY40460, the user manual is available here (opens in a new tab).
Overview of the Ryobi RY40460
- Power: The Ryobi RY40460 can force 500 cubic feet of air per minute (CFM) from its nozzle at a maximum speed of 110 MPH.
- Power delivery: The blower is battery-operated, so the operator won’t need to worry about getting tripped up by pesky cords when they’re busy getting work done.
- Battery: Its 4 Ah 40 V Li-ion battery (1 OP4040A1 battery included) enables the blower to run for up to 25 minutes without needing to recharge.
- Handling: With its handheld design, this leaf blower was created with portability in mind. Most users will have no problem using it almost anywhere. All told (including the battery), it weighs 8.7 lbs — the Ryobi RY40460 is neither the lightest nor the heaviest cordless handheld blower on the market.
- Speed Settings: In order to afford more control to the user, this unit has a variable speed control. No matter the size of the job, the user can adjust the airflow of the Ryobi RY40460 to match.
- Noise: With a decibel rating of 68 dB, the RY40460 is neither louder nor quieter than its rivals in the electric handheld category.
The Ryobi RY40460's performance versus other blowers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea how the key specs of the Ryobi RY40460 compare with handheld leaf blowers of similar voltage (between 36 and 48V).
- Maxing out at 110 MPH at full power, this blower is on the lower end in terms of air speed for battery-operated handheld blowers between 36 and 48V. For the fastest air speed in this category, you may want to consider the Makita XBU01PT, which can expell air at a velocity that can reach 208 MPH.
- The RY40460 is average in terms of air volume. It's rated at 500 CFM, which is common for cordless handheld blowers with a comparable voltage. If air volume is important to you, the Husqvarna 350iB, with 800 CFM, could be in your good books.
- Users can expect a maximum autonomy of 25 minutes from its battery, which means the RY40460 won't run as long as many other cordless handheld units before needing to be plugged in. To enjoy the best possible autonomy in this category, you could have a look at the Makita CBU01Z which offers up to 300 minutes of runtime.
Ryobi Limited is a manufacturer of power tools, outdoor equipment, and various other types of electronic products and components. Founded in Japan in 1943, Ryobi has since expanded to become a multi-brand, multinational company aimed at providing affordable, pro-featured products. It is now owned by Techtronic Industries, a company overseeing production and marketing of brands such as Ridgid and Homelite.
The Ryobi RY40460 is covered under a warranty for up to 5 years. This warranty may not cover all parts of the blower.
For more information about the warranty of Ryobi blowers, please consult Ryobi's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-800-525-2579.
Questions & Answers
Can a 6ah battery be used in Ryobi model #40460? (Asked January 30, 2020)
The RY40460 is compatible with Ryobi OP40601 40V 6Ah battery.
Couldn't find the right answer for you? Ask your own question.