The Ryobi RY40460 is a cordless handheld leaf blower delivering 500 CFM at 110 MPH. It features a 4 Ah 40 V Li-ion battery. (Read full specs)
Features and Specifications
|CFM||Up to 500|
|MPH||Up to 110|
|Weight (w/ battery)||8.7 lbs|
|Weight (tool only)||5.6 lbs|
|Noise rating||68 dB|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue. Should you wish more detailed specs on the Ryobi RY40460, the user manual is available here (opens in a new tab).
Overview of the Ryobi RY40460
- Power: This cordless leaf blower has a maximum air volume rating of 500 cubic feet per minute (CFM) and an air speed rating of 110 MPH.
- Power delivery: Those who don’t want to fuss with cords will be glad to know that this blower is battery-operated.
- Battery: It has a 4 Ah 40 V Li-ion battery (1 OP4040A1 battery included) that should work reliably for up to 25 minutes if completely charged.
- Handling: It’s handheld, so naturally it’s easier to handle and carry than larger leaf blowers, such as backpack models or walk-behinds.
- Speed Settings: Sometimes you just need a little more power, while other times you may want a little more precision when moving leaves and debris. That’s why the RY40460 features variable speed settings for added control.
- Noise: As far as electric handheld blowers go, this one is average in terms of noise with a rating of 68 dB.
The Ryobi RY40460's performance versus other blowers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea how the key specs of the Ryobi RY40460 compare with similar leaf blowers.
- Maxing out at 110 MPH at full power, this blower is on the lower end in terms of air speed for battery-operated handheld blowers. For the fastest air speed in this category, you may want to consider the Makita XBU01PT, which can expell air at a velocity that can reach 208 MPH.
- It has a maximum air volume output of 500 CFM (cubic feet per minute). With this output rating, the RY40460 is well within average in relation to similar cordless handheld blowers. If air volume is important to you, the CAT DG651, with 800 CFM, could be in your good books.
- Autonomy-wise, with up to 25 minutes of autonomy on a full charge, the RY40460 is on the low end when compared with other cordless handheld units. To enjoy the best possible autonomy in this category, you could have a look at the Toro 51822 which offers up to 140 minutes of runtime.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other cordless blowers, the Ryobi RY40460 is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this blower nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of product.
Ryobi Limited is a manufacturer of power tools, outdoor equipment, and various other types of electronic products and components. Founded in Japan in 1943, Ryobi has since expanded to become a multi-brand, multinational company aimed at providing affordable, pro-featured products. It is now owned by Techtronic Industries, a company overseeing production and marketing of brands such as Ridgid and Homelite.
The Ryobi RY40460 is covered under a warranty for up to 5 years. This warranty may not cover all parts of the blower.
For more information about the warranty of Ryobi blowers, please consult Ryobi's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-800-525-2579.
Questions & Answers
Can a 6ah battery be used in Ryobi model #40460? (Asked January 30, 2020)
The RY40460 is compatible with Ryobi OP40601 40V 6Ah battery.
Couldn't find the right answer for you? Ask your own question.