The Ryobi RY40470 is a cordless handheld leaf blower delivering 550 CFM at 125 MPH. It features a 4 Ah 40 V Li-ion battery. (Read full specs)
Features and Specifications
|CFM||Up to 550|
|MPH||Up to 125|
|Noise rating||59 dB|
|Other model numbers||RY40470VNM|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue. Should you wish more detailed specs on the Ryobi RY40470, the user manual is available here (opens in a new tab).
Overview of the Ryobi RY40470
- Power: This cordless leaf blower has a maximum air volume rating of 550 cubic feet per minute (CFM) and an air speed rating of 125 MPH.
- Power delivery: If you don’t like dealing with cords, you will be delighted to know that this blower is equipped with a brushless, battery-operated motor.
- Battery: With its 4 Ah 40 V Li-ion battery, the Ryobi RY40470 has a standard, full-charge run time of up to 20 minutes.
- Handling: It’s handheld, so naturally it’s easier to handle and carry than larger leaf blowers, such as backpack models or walk-behinds. Be aware that, at 10.5 lbs, the Ryobi RY40470 is on the heavier side for cordless handheld blowers.
- Speed Settings: In order to afford more control to the user, this unit has a variable speed control. No matter the size of the job, the user can adjust the airflow of the Ryobi RY40470 to match.
- Noise: Its noise rating of 59 dB can be considered the standard for similar electric handheld blowers.
The Ryobi RY40470's performance versus other blowers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea how the key specs of the Ryobi RY40470 compare with similar leaf blowers.
- The Ryobi RY40470 expels air at speeds up to 125 MPH, making it standard in terms of air speed for battery-operated handheld blowers. If you wish to benefit from air expelled at the fastest possible speed, the Makita XBU01PT and its 208 MPH could be an option to consider.
- The RY40470 is powerful, with an airflow rating of 550 CFM (cubic feet per minute). This is certainly on the high end compared to other cordless handheld blowers. If air volume is important to you, the Snapper XD PowerGrip, with 700 CFM, could be in your good books.
- Users can expect an autonomy of 20 minutes from its battery, which means the RY40470 won't run as long as many other cordless handheld units before needing to be plugged in. To enjoy the best possible autonomy in this category, you could have a look at the EGO POWER+ LBX6000 which offers up to 96 minutes of runtime.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other cordless blowers, the Ryobi RY40470 is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this blower nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of product.
Ryobi Limited is a manufacturer of power tools, outdoor equipment, and various other types of electronic products and components. Founded in Japan in 1943, Ryobi has since expanded to become a multi-brand, multinational company aimed at providing affordable, pro-featured products. It is now owned by Techtronic Industries, a company overseeing production and marketing of brands such as Craftsman, Ridgid and Homelite.
The Ryobi RY40470 is covered under a warranty for up to 5 years. This warranty may not cover all parts of the blower.
For more information about the warranty of Ryobi blowers, please consult Ryobi's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-800-860-4050.
Questions & Answers
There are no questions yet. Ask the first question.