The Ryobi RY40470 is a cordless handheld leaf blower delivering 550 CFM at 125 MPH. It features a 4 Ah 40 V Li-ion battery. (Read full specs)
Features and Specifications
|CFM||Up to 550|
|MPH||Up to 125|
|Weight (w/ battery)||9.7 lbs|
|Weight (tool only)||6.6 lbs|
|Noise rating||59 dB|
|Other model numbers||RY40470VNM|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue. Should you wish more detailed specs on the Ryobi RY40470, the user manual is available here (opens in a new tab).
Overview of the Ryobi RY40470
- Power: The RY40470 is a cordless blower made by Ryobi. It has a maximum air speed of 125 MPH and its nozzle can expel a max air volume of 550 cubic feet per minute (CFM).
- Power delivery: If you don’t like dealing with cords, you will be delighted to know that this blower is equipped with a brushless, battery-operated motor.
- Battery: Its 4 Ah 40 V Li-ion battery (1 OP4040A1 battery included) offers a maximum autonomy of 20 minutes on a full charge.
- Handling: It’s handheld, so naturally it’s easier to handle and carry than larger leaf blowers, such as backpack models or walk-behinds. Be aware that, at 9.7 lbs, the Ryobi RY40470 is on the heavier side of cordless handheld blowers.
- Speed Settings: For those who are keen on having complete control while operating their leaf blower, the RY40470 offers variable speed settings.
- Noise: Its noise rating of 59 dB can be considered the standard for similar electric handheld blowers.
The Ryobi RY40470's performance versus other blowers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea how the key specs of the Ryobi RY40470 compare with handheld leaf blowers of similar voltage (between 36 and 48V).
- Maxing out at 125 MPH at full power, this blower is on the lower end in terms of air speed for battery-operated handheld blowers between 36 and 48V. For the fastest air speed in this category, you may want to consider the Makita XBU01PT, which can expell air at a velocity that can reach 208 MPH.
- The RY40470 is powerful, with an airflow rating of 550 CFM (cubic feet per minute). This is certainly on the high end compared to other cordless handheld blowers with a comparable voltage. If air volume is important to you, the Husqvarna 350iB, with 800 CFM, could be in your good books.
- Autonomy-wise, with up to 20 minutes of autonomy on a full charge, the RY40470 is on the low end when compared with other cordless handheld units of similar voltage. To enjoy the best possible autonomy in this category, you could have a look at the Makita CBU01Z which offers up to 300 minutes of runtime.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other cordless blowers, the Ryobi RY40470 is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this blower nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of product.
Ryobi Limited is a manufacturer of power tools, outdoor equipment, and various other types of electronic products and components. Founded in Japan in 1943, Ryobi has since expanded to become a multi-brand, multinational company aimed at providing affordable, pro-featured products. It is now owned by Techtronic Industries, a company overseeing production and marketing of brands such as Ridgid and Homelite.
The Ryobi RY40470 is covered under a warranty for up to 5 years. This warranty may not cover all parts of the blower.
For more information about the warranty of Ryobi blowers, please consult Ryobi's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-800-525-2579.
Questions & Answers
There are no questions yet. Ask the first question.