The Ryobi RY40480 is a cordless handheld leaf blower delivering 525 CFM at 110 MPH. It features a 4 Ah 40 V Li-ion battery. (Read full specs)
Features and Specifications
|CFM||Up to 525|
|MPH||Up to 110|
|Noise rating||68 dB|
|Other model numbers||RY40408|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue. Should you wish more detailed specs on the Ryobi RY40480, the user manual is available here (opens in a new tab).
Overview of the Ryobi RY40480
- Power: This cordless leaf blower has a maximum air volume rating of 525 cubic feet per minute (CFM) and an air speed rating of 110 MPH.
- Power delivery: Ryobi designed this battery-operated unit with total mobility in mind. The RY40480 only needs to be plugged in when it is charging, so users can take it almost anywhere.
- Battery: Its 4 Ah 40 V Li-ion battery (1 battery included) enables the blower to run for up to 30 minutes without needing to a recharge.
- Handling: For those who are looking for a portable and convenient leaf blower, this model is a strong candidate. It’s designed for easy handling and use, and its size means it’s easily carried and stored. However, for a cordless handheld blower, the Ryobi RY40480 is heavier than most, weighing 11.9 lbs.
- Speed Settings: For those who are keen on having complete control while operating their leaf blower, the RY40480 offers variable speed settings.
- Noise: With a decibel rating of 68 dB, the RY40480 is neither louder nor quieter than its rivals in the electric handheld category.
The Ryobi RY40480's performance versus other blowers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea how the key specs of the Ryobi RY40480 compare with similar leaf blowers.
- The air speed of the Ryobi RY40480 maxes out at 110 MPH. While more than adequate for many jobs, its air speed is below average among other battery-operated handheld blowers. For the fastest air speed in this category, you may want to consider the Makita XBU01PT, which can expell air at a velocity that can reach 208 MPH.
- If air volume is an important feature, the RY40480 by Ryobi will not disappoint. Its airflow maxes out at 525 CFM (cubic feet per minute), which is more powerful than most cordless handheld blowers. If air volume is important to you, the Ryobi RY404100, with 730 CFM, could be in your good books.
- Users can expect a maximum autonomy of 30 minutes from its battery, which means the RY40480 won't run as long as many other cordless handheld units before needing to be plugged in. To enjoy the best possible autonomy in this category, you could have a look at the EGO POWER+ LBX6000 which offers up to 96 minutes of runtime.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other cordless blowers, the Ryobi RY40480 is on the cheap side of the price range.
It can therefore be a really good buy if you're looking to acquire a budget blower.
Ryobi Limited is a manufacturer of power tools, outdoor equipment, and various other types of electronic products and components. Founded in Japan in 1943, Ryobi has since expanded to become a multi-brand, multinational company aimed at providing affordable, pro-featured products. It is now owned by Techtronic Industries, a company overseeing production and marketing of brands such as Craftsman, Ridgid and Homelite.
The Ryobi RY40480 is covered under a warranty for up to 5 years. This warranty may not cover all parts of the blower.
For more information about the warranty of Ryobi blowers, please consult Ryobi's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-800-860-4050.
Questions & Answers
There are no questions yet. Ask the first question.