The Ryobi RY40480 is a cordless handheld leaf blower delivering 525 CFM at 110 MPH. It features a 4 Ah 40 V Li-ion battery. (Read full specs)
Features and Specifications
|CFM||Up to 525|
|MPH||Up to 110|
|Weight (w/ battery)||9.4 lbs|
|Weight (tool only)||6.3 lbs|
|Noise rating||68 dB|
|Other model numbers||RY40408|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue. Should you wish more detailed specs on the Ryobi RY40480, the user manual is available here (opens in a new tab).
Overview of the Ryobi RY40480
- Power: The RY40480 is a cordless blower made by Ryobi. It has a maximum air speed of 110 MPH and its nozzle can expel a max air volume of 525 cubic feet per minute (CFM).
- Power delivery: Those who don’t want to fuss with cords will be glad to know that this blower is battery-operated.
- Battery: Its 4 Ah 40 V Li-ion battery (1 OP4040A1 battery included) enables the blower to run for up to 30 minutes without needing to recharge.
- Handling: Being handheld, this blower has a good maneuverability and is meant to be easier to carry around over a small period of time. All told (including the battery), it weighs 9.4 lbs — the Ryobi RY40480 is neither the lightest nor the heaviest cordless handheld blower on the market.
- Speed Settings: For those who are keen on having complete control while operating their leaf blower, the RY40480 offers variable speed settings.
- Noise: With a decibel rating of 68 dB, the RY40480 is neither louder nor quieter than its rivals in the electric handheld category.
The Ryobi RY40480's performance versus other blowers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea how the key specs of the Ryobi RY40480 compare with similar leaf blowers.
- Maxing out at 110 MPH at full power, this blower is on the lower end in terms of air speed for battery-operated handheld blowers. For the fastest air speed in this category, you may want to consider the Makita XBU01PT, which can expell air at a velocity that can reach 208 MPH.
- The RY40480 is powerful, with an airflow rating of 525 CFM (cubic feet per minute). This is certainly on the high end compared to other cordless handheld blowers. If air volume is important to you, the Husqvarna 350iB, with 800 CFM, could be in your good books.
- Users can expect a maximum autonomy of 30 minutes from its battery, which means the RY40480 won't run as long as many other cordless handheld units before needing to be plugged in. To enjoy the best possible autonomy in this category, you could have a look at the Makita CBU01Z which offers up to 300 minutes of runtime.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other cordless blowers, the Ryobi RY40480 is on the cheap side of the price range.
It can therefore be a really good buy if you're looking to acquire a budget blower.
The bottom line
- 5 year (limited) warranty
- High CFM (525 CFM)
- Decent weight (9.4 lbs)
- Acceptable noise (68 dB)
- Brushed motor
- No cruise control
- Low MPH (110 MPH)
- Low autonomy (30 mins)
Ryobi Limited is a manufacturer of power tools, outdoor equipment, and various other types of electronic products and components. Founded in Japan in 1943, Ryobi has since expanded to become a multi-brand, multinational company aimed at providing affordable, pro-featured products. It is now owned by Techtronic Industries, a company overseeing production and marketing of brands such as Ridgid and Homelite.
The Ryobi RY40480 is covered under a warranty for up to 5 years. This warranty may not cover all parts of the blower.
For more information about the warranty of Ryobi blowers, please consult Ryobi's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-800-525-2579.
Questions & Answers
There are no questions yet. Ask the first question.