The Ryobi RY40480 is a cordless handheld leaf blower delivering 525 CFM at 110 MPH. It features a 4 Ah 40 V Li-ion battery. (Read full specs)
Features and Specifications
|CFM||Up to 525|
|MPH||Up to 110|
|Weight (w/ battery)||9.4 lbs|
|Weight (tool only)||6.3 lbs|
|Noise rating||68 dB|
|Other model numbers||RY40408|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue. Should you wish more detailed specs on the Ryobi RY40480, the user manual is available here (opens in a new tab).
Overview of the Ryobi RY40480
- Power: The Ryobi RY40480 can force 525 cubic feet of air per minute (CFM) from its nozzle at a maximum speed of 110 MPH.
- Power delivery: The RY40480 is a battery-operated unit, so it doesn’t need to be plugged in during use. Users will enjoy the added mobility of its cordless design.
- Battery: Its 4 Ah 40 V Li-ion battery (1 OP4040A1 battery included) enables the blower to run for up to 30 minutes without needing to recharge.
- Handling: It’s handheld, so naturally it’s easier to handle and carry than larger leaf blowers, such as backpack models or walk-behinds. However, for a cordless handheld blower, the Ryobi RY40480 is heavier than most, weighing 9.4 lbs.
- Speed Settings: In order to afford more control to the user, this unit has a variable speed control. No matter the size of the job, the user can adjust the airflow of the Ryobi RY40480 to match.
- Noise: As far as electric handheld blowers go, this one is average in terms of noise with a rating of 68 dB.
The Ryobi RY40480's performance versus other blowers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea how the key specs of the Ryobi RY40480 compare with similar leaf blowers.
- Maxing out at 110 MPH at full power, this blower is on the lower end in terms of air speed for battery-operated handheld blowers. For the fastest air speed in this category, you may want to consider the Makita XBU01PT, which can expell air at a velocity that can reach 208 MPH.
- If air volume is an important feature, the RY40480 by Ryobi will not disappoint. Its airflow maxes out at 525 CFM (cubic feet per minute), which is more powerful than most cordless handheld blowers. If air volume is important to you, the EGO LB7654, with 765 CFM, could be in your good books.
- Autonomy-wise, with up to 30 minutes of autonomy on a full charge, the RY40480 is on the low end when compared with other cordless handheld units. To enjoy the best possible autonomy in this category, you could have a look at the Toro 51822 which offers up to 140 minutes of runtime.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other cordless blowers, the Ryobi RY40480 is on the cheap side of the price range.
It can therefore be a really good buy if you're looking to acquire a budget blower.
Ryobi Limited is a manufacturer of power tools, outdoor equipment, and various other types of electronic products and components. Founded in Japan in 1943, Ryobi has since expanded to become a multi-brand, multinational company aimed at providing affordable, pro-featured products. It is now owned by Techtronic Industries, a company overseeing production and marketing of brands such as Ridgid and Homelite.
The Ryobi RY40480 is covered under a warranty for up to 5 years. This warranty may not cover all parts of the blower.
For more information about the warranty of Ryobi blowers, please consult Ryobi's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-800-525-2579.
Questions & Answers
There are no questions yet. Ask the first question.