Features and Specifications
|CFM||Up to 520|
|MPH||Up to 200|
|Engine Displacement||42 cc|
|Fuel Tank||22 fl. oz.|
|Noise Rating||74 dB|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue. Should you wish more detailed specs on the Ryobi RY42WB, the user manual is available here.
Overview of the Ryobi RY42WB
- Power: The Ryobi RY42WB is a gas-powered blower with a maximum air volume rating of 520 cubic feet per minute (CFM) and an air speed of 200 MPH.
- Handling: For bigger jobs covering a large area or for those who simply want to keep their leaf blower on the ground, walk-behind leaf blowers such as the Ryobi RY42WB are an ideal choice. They are typically much more powerful than handheld or backpack blowers. Among other gas-powered walk-behind blowers, the Ryobi RY42WB can be considered light, weighing only 30 lbs.
- Engine: This blower's engine has a displacement specification of 42 cc. Being that this is a 2-stroke engine, it must be fuelled using a mix of gas and oil. The proper fuel ratio set by the manufacturer for the RY42WB is 50:1.
- Speed Settings: For those who are keen on having complete control while operating their leaf blower, the RY42WB offers variable speed settings.
- Noise: With a decibel rating of 74 dB, the RY42WB is neither louder nor quieter than its rivals in the gas-powered walk-behind category.
- Fuel Tank: Its 22 fl. oz. fuel tank may be relatively low in capacity, but the decreased weight affords the RY42WB greater comfort and ease of use. In fact, it is the smallest tank of all gas-powered walk-behind leaf blowers.
The Ryobi RY42WB's performance versus other blowers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea how the key specs of the Ryobi RY42WB compare with similar leaf blowers.
- Forced air exiting this blower has been clocked at a max speed of 200 MPH. This puts the RY42WB ahead of the pack as far as air speed is concerned in gas-powered walk-behind blowers – it's actually the blower expelling the fastest air!
- As this unit is rated at 520 CFM (cubic feet per minute), it expells less air than most gas-powered walk-behind leaf blowers (the biggest expelled air volume belonging to the Eliet BL 450 EZR with 3814 CFM).
As you can see from this dynamic chart, when compared to other gas walk-behind blowers, the Ryobi RY42WB is on the cheap side of the price range.
It can therefore be a really good buy if you're looking to acquire a budget blower.
The bottom line
- Lightweight (30 lbs)
- High MPH (200 MPH)
- Acceptable Noise (74 dB)
- Small Tank (22 fl. oz.)
- Low CFM (520 CFM)
Where to buy the ryobi RY42WB?
Ryobi Limited is a manufacturer of power tools, outdoor equipment, and various other types of electronic products and components. Founded in Japan in 1943, Ryobi has since expanded to become a multi-brand, multinational company aimed at providing affordable, pro-featured products. It is now owned by Techtronic Industries, a company overseeing production and marketing of brands such as Craftsman, Ridgid and Homelite.
The Ryobi RY42WB is covered under a warranty for up to 3 years. This warranty may not cover all parts of the blower.
For more information about the warranty of Ryobi blowers, please consult Ryobi's warranty policies. Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-800-860-4050.
Questions & Answers
There are no questions yet. Ask the first question.