The Ryobi RY42WB is a gas-powered wheeled leaf blower delivering 520 CFM at 200 MPH. It features a 2-cycle 42 cc engine. (Read full specs)
Features and Specifications
|CFM||Up to 520|
|MPH||Up to 200|
|Engine displacement||42 cc|
|Fuel tank||22 fl. oz.|
|Noise rating||74 dB|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue. Should you wish more detailed specs on the Ryobi RY42WB, the user manual is available here (opens in a new tab).
Overview of the Ryobi RY42WB
- Power: The RY42WB, built by Ryobi, is a gas-powered leaf blower capable of expelling a maximum air volume of 520 cubic feet per minute (CFM). Its air speed is rated at 200 MPH.
- Handling: Walk-behind blowers such as the Ryobi RY42WB are the most powerful. They are wheeled, heavy, have to be pushed and are mostly used by professionals.
- Engine: The blower is fitted with a 42 cc engine. Being that this is a 2-stroke engine, it must be fuelled using a mix of gas and oil. The proper fuel ratio set by the manufacturer for the RY42WB is 50:1.
- Speed Settings: Thanks to its variable speed settings, the Ryobi RY42WB allows precise control of the air output.
- Noise: Its noise rating of 74 dB can be considered the standard for similar gas-powered walk-behind blowers.
- Fuel Tank: The fuel tank has a capacity of 22 fl. oz. Although this is not especially impressive, it allows the unit to maintain a decent overall weight, making it more portable and comfortable to use. In fact, it is the smallest tank of all gas walk-behind blowers.
The Ryobi RY42WB's performance versus other blowers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea how the key specs of the Ryobi RY42WB compare with similar leaf blowers.
- It can push air from the nozzle at 200 MPH, which is the highest air speed you can currently obtain with a gas-powered walk-behind blower.
- It’s capable of expelling a maximum air volume of 520 CFM (cubic feet per minute). This places it at the low end compared to other gas-powered walk-behind blowers. For the highest air volume, you may want to have a look at the Eliet BL 450 EZR, which boasts with 3814 CFM.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other gas walk-behind blowers, the Ryobi RY42WB is on the cheap side of the price range.
It can therefore be a really good buy if you're looking to acquire a budget blower.
Ryobi Limited is a manufacturer of power tools, outdoor equipment, and various other types of electronic products and components. Founded in Japan in 1943, Ryobi has since expanded to become a multi-brand, multinational company aimed at providing affordable, pro-featured products. It is now owned by Techtronic Industries, a company overseeing production and marketing of brands such as Craftsman, Ridgid and Homelite.
The Ryobi RY42WB is covered under a warranty for up to 3 years. This warranty may not cover all parts of the blower.
For more information about the warranty of Ryobi blowers, please consult Ryobi's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-800-860-4050.
Questions & Answers
Can air flow direction be adjusted? (Asked October 26, 2019)
No it can't. But the blower is pretty light, so you can easily tilt it a bit.
Couldn't find the right answer for you? Ask your own question.