The Ryobi RY42WB is a gas-powered wheeled leaf blower delivering 520 CFM at 200 MPH. It features a 2-cycle 42 cc engine. (Read full specs)
Features and Specifications
|CFM||Up to 520|
|MPH||Up to 200|
|Engine displacement||42 cc|
|Fuel tank||22 fl. oz.|
|Noise rating||74 dB|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue. Should you wish more detailed specs on the Ryobi RY42WB, the user manual is available here (opens in a new tab).
Overview of the Ryobi RY42WB
- Power: The Ryobi RY42WB is a gas-powered blower with a maximum air volume rating of 520 cubic feet per minute (CFM) and an air speed of 200 MPH.
- Handling: Walk-behind blowers such as the Ryobi RY42WB are the most powerful. They are wheeled, heavy, have to be pushed and are mostly used by professionals.
- Engine: This blower's engine has a displacement specification of 42 cc. Since this is a 2-stroke engine, it’s important to remember that the RY42WB cannot run on gasoline alone. The fuel must be mixed with an appropriate ratio of gasoline and oil in order for it to function properly (for this Ryobi model, this ratio is 50:1).
- Speed Settings: For those who are keen on having complete control while operating their leaf blower, the RY42WB offers variable speed settings.
- Noise: With a decibel rating of 74 dB, the RY42WB is neither louder nor quieter than its rivals in the gas-powered walk-behind category.
- Fuel Tank: The fuel tank can hold 22 fl. oz. What it loses in fuel capacity, the RY42WB gains in portability by having a more manageable weight. In fact, it is the smallest tank of all gas walk-behind blowers.
The Ryobi RY42WB's performance versus other blowers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea how the key specs of the Ryobi RY42WB compare with similar leaf blowers.
- Upon exiting the nozzle, the air can reach speeds of up to 200 MPH, which is rather impressive for gas-powered walk-behind blowers – it's actually the blower expelling the fastest air!
- Regarding its air volume, the airflow of the Ryobi RY42WB can reach 520 CFM (Cubic Feet per Minute), which is on the low end for gas-powered walk-behind blowers (the biggest expelled air volume belonging to the Eliet BL 450 EZR with 3814 CFM).
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other gas walk-behind blowers, the Ryobi RY42WB is on the cheap side of the price range.
It can therefore be a really good buy if you're looking to acquire a budget blower.
Ryobi Limited is a manufacturer of power tools, outdoor equipment, and various other types of electronic products and components. Founded in Japan in 1943, Ryobi has since expanded to become a multi-brand, multinational company aimed at providing affordable, pro-featured products. It is now owned by Techtronic Industries, a company overseeing production and marketing of brands such as Craftsman, Ridgid and Homelite.
The Ryobi RY42WB is covered under a warranty for up to 3 years. This warranty may not cover all parts of the blower.
For more information about the warranty of Ryobi blowers, please consult Ryobi's warranty policies. Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-800-860-4050.
Questions & Answers
QCan air flow direction be adjusted? (Asked October 26, 2019)
ANo it can't. But the blower is pretty light, so you can easily tilt it a bit.
Couldn't find the right answer for you? Ask your own question.