The Ryobi RY42WB is a gas-powered wheeled leaf blower delivering 520 CFM at 200 MPH. It features a 2-cycle 42 cc engine. (Read full specs)
Features and Specifications
|CFM||Up to 520|
|MPH||Up to 200|
|Engine displacement||42 cc|
|Fuel tank||22 fl. oz.|
|Noise rating||74 dB|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue. Should you wish more detailed specs on the Ryobi RY42WB, the user manual is available here (opens in a new tab).
Overview of the Ryobi RY42WB
- Power: The RY42WB gas-powered blower, manufactured by Ryobi, is rated for a max air volume of 520 cubic feet per minute (CFM) and a max air speed of 200 MPH.
- Handling: For bigger jobs covering a large area or for those who simply want to keep their leaf blower on the ground, walk-behind blowers such as the Ryobi RY42WB are an ideal choice. They are typically much more powerful than handheld or backpack blowers.
- Engine: The blower is fitted with a 42 cc engine. Since this is a 2-stroke engine, it’s important to remember that the RY42WB cannot run on gasoline alone. The fuel must be mixed with an appropriate ratio of gasoline and oil in order for it to function properly (for this Ryobi model, this ratio is 50:1).
- Speed Settings: In order to afford more control to the user, this unit has a variable speed control. No matter the size of the job, the user can adjust the airflow of the Ryobi RY42WB to match.
- Noise: As far as gas-powered walk-behind blowers go, this one is average in terms of noise with a rating of 74 dB.
- Fuel Tank: Its 22 fl. oz. fuel tank may be relatively low in capacity (when compared to other walk-behind blowers), but the decreased weight affords the RY42WB greater comfort and ease of use. In fact, it is the smallest tank of all gas walk-behind blowers.
The Ryobi RY42WB's performance versus other blowers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea how the key specs of the Ryobi RY42WB compare with similar leaf blowers.
- It can push air from the nozzle at 200 MPH, which is the highest air speed you can currently obtain with a gas-powered walk-behind blower.
- Regarding its air volume, the airflow of the Ryobi RY42WB can reach 520 CFM (Cubic Feet per Minute), which is on the low end for gas-powered walk-behind blowers. For the highest air volume, you may want to have a look at the Billy Goat F1802V, which boasts with 2900 CFM.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other gas walk-behind blowers, the Ryobi RY42WB is on the cheap side of the price range.
It can therefore be a really good buy if you're looking to acquire a budget blower.
Ryobi Limited is a manufacturer of power tools, outdoor equipment, and various other types of electronic products and components. Founded in Japan in 1943, Ryobi has since expanded to become a multi-brand, multinational company aimed at providing affordable, pro-featured products. It is now owned by Techtronic Industries, a company overseeing production and marketing of brands such as Craftsman, Ridgid and Homelite.
The Ryobi RY42WB is covered under a warranty for up to 3 years. This warranty may not cover all parts of the blower.
For more information about the warranty of Ryobi blowers, please consult Ryobi's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-800-860-4050.
Questions & Answers
Can air flow direction be adjusted? (Asked October 26, 2019)
No it can't. But the blower is pretty light, so you can easily tilt it a bit.
Couldn't find the right answer for you? Ask your own question.