The Ryobi RY42WB is a gas-powered wheeled leaf blower delivering 520 CFM at 200 MPH. It features a 2-cycle 42 cc engine. (Read full specs)
Features and Specifications
|CFM||Up to 520|
|MPH||Up to 200|
|Engine displacement||42 cc|
|Fuel tank||22 fl. oz.|
|Noise rating||74 dB|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue. Should you wish more detailed specs on the Ryobi RY42WB, the user manual is available here (opens in a new tab).
Overview of the Ryobi RY42WB
- Power: The RY42WB gas-powered blower, manufactured by Ryobi, is rated for a max air volume of 520 cubic feet per minute (CFM) and a max air speed of 200 MPH.
- Handling: For bigger jobs covering a large area or for those who simply want to keep their leaf blower on the ground, walk-behind blowers such as the Ryobi RY42WB are an ideal choice. They are typically much more powerful than handheld or backpack blowers.
- Engine: The engine boasts a displacement of 42 cc. Please be aware that 2-cycle engines like this one require a mixture of gas and oil in order to run. For the Ryobi RY42WB, this ratio is 50:1.
- Speed Settings: Sometimes you just need a little more power, while other times you may want a little more precision when moving leaves and debris. That’s why the RY42WB features variable speed settings for added control.
- Noise: With a decibel rating of 74 dB, the RY42WB is neither louder nor quieter than its rivals in the gas-powered walk-behind category.
- Fuel Tank: The fuel tank can hold 22 fl. oz. What it loses in fuel capacity, the RY42WB gains in portability by having a more manageable weight. In fact, it is the smallest tank of all gas walk-behind blowers.
The Ryobi RY42WB's performance versus other blowers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea how the key specs of the Ryobi RY42WB compare with similar leaf blowers.
- Forced air exiting this blower has been clocked at a max speed of 200 MPH. This puts the RY42WB ahead of the pack as far as air speed is concerned in gas-powered walk-behind blowers – it's actually the blower expelling the fastest air!
- It’s capable of expelling a maximum air volume of 520 CFM (cubic feet per minute). This places it at the low end compared to other gas-powered walk-behind blowers (the biggest expelled air volume belonging to the Eliet BL 450 EZR with 3814 CFM).
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other gas walk-behind blowers, the Ryobi RY42WB is on the cheap side of the price range.
It can therefore be a really good buy if you're looking to acquire a budget blower.
Ryobi Limited is a manufacturer of power tools, outdoor equipment, and various other types of electronic products and components. Founded in Japan in 1943, Ryobi has since expanded to become a multi-brand, multinational company aimed at providing affordable, pro-featured products. It is now owned by Techtronic Industries, a company overseeing production and marketing of brands such as Craftsman, Ridgid and Homelite.
The Ryobi RY42WB is covered under a warranty for up to 3 years. This warranty may not cover all parts of the blower.
For more information about the warranty of Ryobi blowers, please consult Ryobi's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-800-860-4050.
Questions & Answers
Can air flow direction be adjusted? (Asked October 26, 2019)
No it can't. But the blower is pretty light, so you can easily tilt it a bit.
Couldn't find the right answer for you? Ask your own question.