Features and Specifications
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue. Should you wish more detailed specs on the Ryobi RY42WB, the user manual is available here.
Overview of the Ryobi RY42WB
- Power: The Ryobi RY42WB is a gas-powered leaf blower with a maximum air volume rating of 510 cubic feet per minute (CFM) and an air speed of 185 MPH.
- Handling: Walk-behind leaf blowers such as the Ryobi RY42WB are the most powerful. They are wheeled, heavy, have to be pushed and are mostly used by professionals. Among other gas-powered walk-behind leaf blowers, the Ryobi RY42WB can be considered light, weighing only 30 lbs.
- Engine: The engine boasts a displacement of 42 cc. Being that this is a 2-stroke engine, it must be fuelled using a mix of gas and oil. The proper fuel ratio set by the manufacturer for the RY42WB is 50:1.
- Speed Settings: For those who are keen on having complete control while operating their leaf blower, the RY42WB offers variable speed settings.
- Noise: With a noise rating of 74 dB, this blower can be considered the standard for similar gas-powered walk-behind blowers.
- Fuel Tank: The fuel tank has a capacity of 22 fl. oz. Although this is not especially impressive, it allows the unit to maintain a decent overall weight, making it more portable and comfortable to use. In fact, it is the smallest tank of all gas-powered walk-behind leaf blowers.
The Ryobi RY42WB's performance versus other blowers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea how the key specs of the Ryobi RY42WB compare with similar leaf blowers.
- It can push air from the nozzle at 185 MPH, which puts it ahead of its class in terms of air speed for gas-powered walk-behind leaf blowers (the one expelling air at the fastest speed being the Little Wonder C5 99170-06-01 with 200 MPH).
- It’s capable of expelling a maximum air volume of 510 CFM (cubic feet per minute). This places it at the low end compared to other gas-powered walk-behind leaf blowers (the biggest expelled air volume belonging to the Eliet BL 450 EZR with 3814 CFM).
The bottom line
- Lightweight (30 lbs)
- High MPH (185 MPH)
- Acceptable Noise (74 dB)
- Small Tank (22 fl. oz.)
- Low CFM (510 CFM)
Where to buy the Ryobi RY42WB?
Ryobi Limited is a manufacturer of power tools, outdoor equipment, and various other types of electronic products and components. Founded in Japan in 1943, Ryobi has since expanded to become a multi-brand, multinational company aimed at providing affordable, pro-featured products. It is now owned by Techtronic Industries, a company overseeing production and marketing of brands such as Craftsman, Ridgid and Homelite.
Warranty InformationThe Ryobi RY42WB is covered under a warranty for up to 3 years. This warranty may not cover all parts of the blower.
For more information about the warranty of Ryobi blowers, please consult Ryobi's warranty policies. Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-800-860-4050.