The Ryobi RY42WB is a gas-powered wheeled blower delivering 520 CFM at 200 MPH. It features a 2-cycle 42cc engine. (Read full specs)
This product was discontinued. For your convenience, we decided to leave this page up.
You might still find it second hand on eBay, by clicking on the button below.
Features and Specifications
|CFM||Up to 520|
|MPH||Up to 200|
|Fuel tank||22 fl. oz.|
|Noise rating||74 dB|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue. Should you wish more detailed specs on the Ryobi RY42WB, the user manual is available here (opens in a new tab).
Overview of the Ryobi RY42WB
- Power: The RY42WB gas-powered blower, manufactured by Ryobi, is rated for a max air volume of 520 cubic feet per minute (CFM) and a max air speed of 200 MPH.
- Handling: Walk-behind blowers such as the Ryobi RY42WB are the most powerful. They are wheeled, heavy, have to be pushed and are mostly used by professionals.
- Engine: The blower is fitted with a 42cc engine. Since this is a 2-stroke engine, it’s important to remember that the RY42WB cannot run on gasoline alone. The fuel must be mixed with an appropriate ratio of gasoline and oil in order for it to function properly (for this Ryobi model, this ratio is 50:1).
- Speed Settings: For those who are keen on having complete control while operating their leaf blower, the RY42WB offers variable speed settings.
- Noise: As far as gas-powered walk-behind blowers go, this one is average in terms of noise with a rating of 74 dB.
- Fuel Tank: The fuel tank can hold 22 fl. oz. Since this capacity is below the average walk-behind blower tank size, it may run out of fuel quicker than other similar units.
The Ryobi RY42WB's performance versus other blowers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea how the key specs of the Ryobi RY42WB compare with similar leaf blowers.
- Air exiting the nozzle of this blower can reach 200 MPH, which is the fastest speed you can get with a gas-powered walk-behind blower.
- As this unit is rated at 520 CFM (cubic feet per minute), it expells less air than most gas-powered walk-behind blowers. For the highest air volume, you may want to have a look at the Billy Goat F1802SPV, which boasts with 2900 CFM.
Ryobi Limited is a manufacturer of power tools, outdoor equipment, and various other types of electronic products and components. Founded in Japan in 1943, Ryobi has since expanded to become a multi-brand, multinational company aimed at providing affordable, pro-featured products. It is now owned by Techtronic Industries, a company overseeing production and marketing of brands such as Ridgid and Homelite.
The Ryobi RY42WB is covered under a warranty for up to 3 years. This warranty may not cover all parts of the blower.
For more information about the warranty of Ryobi blowers, please consult Ryobi's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-800-525-2579.
Questions & Answers
Can air flow direction be adjusted? (Asked October 26, 2019)
No it can't. But the blower is pretty light, so you can easily tilt it a bit.