Features and Specifications
|CFM||Up to 520|
|MPH||Up to 200|
|Engine Displacement||42 cc|
|Fuel Tank||22 fl. oz.|
|Noise Rating||74 dB|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue. Should you wish more detailed specs on the Ryobi RY42WB, the user manual is available here.
Overview of the Ryobi RY42WB
- Power: The RY42WB gas-powered blower, manufactured by Ryobi, is rated for a max air volume of 520 cubic feet per minute (CFM) and a max air speed of 200 MPH.
- Handling: Walk-behind leaf blowers such as the Ryobi RY42WB are the most powerful. They are wheeled, heavy, have to be pushed and are mostly used by professionals. Among other gas-powered walk-behind blowers, the Ryobi RY42WB can be considered light, weighing only 30 lbs.
- Engine: The engine boasts a displacement of 42 cc. Please note that, because the Ryobi RY42WB’s engine is a 2-cycle one, it runs on a mixture of oil and gasoline. According to Ryobi, the proper fuel mixture ratio for this blower is 50:1.
- Speed Settings: Thanks to its variable speed settings, the Ryobi RY42WB allows precise control of the air output.
- Noise: With a decibel rating of 74 dB, the RY42WB is neither louder nor quieter than its rivals in the gas-powered walk-behind category.
- Fuel Tank: The fuel tank can hold 22 fl. oz. What it loses in fuel capacity, the RY42WB gains in portability by having a more manageable weight. In fact, it is the smallest tank of all gas-powered walk-behind leaf blowers.
The Ryobi RY42WB's performance versus other blowers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea how the key specs of the Ryobi RY42WB compare with similar leaf blowers.
- Upon exiting the nozzle, the air can reach speeds of up to 200 MPH, which is rather impressive for gas-powered walk-behind blowers – it's actually the blower expelling the fastest air!
- It’s capable of expelling a maximum air volume of 520 CFM (cubic feet per minute). This places it at the low end compared to other gas-powered walk-behind leaf blowers (the biggest expelled air volume belonging to the Eliet BL 450 EZR with 3814 CFM).
As you can see from this dynamic chart, when compared to other gas walk-behind blowers, the Ryobi RY42WB is on the cheap side of the price range.
It can therefore be a really good buy if you're looking to acquire a budget blower.
The bottom line
- Lightweight (30 lbs)
- High MPH (200 MPH)
- Acceptable Noise (74 dB)
- Small Tank (22 fl. oz.)
- Low CFM (520 CFM)
Where to buy the ryobi RY42WB?
Ryobi Limited is a manufacturer of power tools, outdoor equipment, and various other types of electronic products and components. Founded in Japan in 1943, Ryobi has since expanded to become a multi-brand, multinational company aimed at providing affordable, pro-featured products. It is now owned by Techtronic Industries, a company overseeing production and marketing of brands such as Craftsman, Ridgid and Homelite.
Warranty InformationThe Ryobi RY42WB is covered under a warranty for up to 3 years. This warranty may not cover all parts of the blower.
For more information about the warranty of Ryobi blowers, please consult Ryobi's warranty policies. Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-800-860-4050.