The Shindaiwa EB252 is a gas-powered handheld leaf blower delivering 453 CFM at 170 MPH. It features a 2-cycle 25.4 cc engine. (Read full specs)
Features and Specifications
|CFM||Up to 453|
|MPH||Up to 170|
|Blowing Force||15.8 N|
|Engine displacement||25.4 cc|
|Fuel tank||18.6 fl. oz.|
|Noise rating||70 dB|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue. Should you wish more detailed specs on the Shindaiwa EB252, the user manual is available here (opens in a new tab).
Overview of the Shindaiwa EB252
- Power: The EB252 gas-powered blower, manufactured by Shindaiwa, is rated for a max air volume of 453 cubic feet per minute (CFM) and a max air speed of 170 MPH.
- Handling: For those who are looking for a portable and convenient leaf blower, this model is a strong candidate. It’s designed for easy handling and use, and its size means it’s easily carried and stored. Among other gas-powered handheld blowers, the Shindaiwa EB252 can be considered light, weighing only 8.6 lbs.
- Engine: The blower is fitted with a 25.4 cc engine. Since this is a 2-stroke engine, it’s important to remember that the EB252 cannot run on gasoline alone. The fuel must be mixed with an appropriate ratio of gasoline and oil in order for it to function properly (for this Shindaiwa model, this ratio is 50:1).
- Speed Settings: For those who wish to have complete control while operating their leaf blower, the EB252 offers variable speed settings, and moreover, is also equipped with cruise control, which allows the user to comfortably continue blowing at their preferred setting.
- Noise: With a decibel rating of 70 dB, the EB252 is neither louder nor quieter than its rivals in the gas-powered handheld category.
- Fuel Tank: It has an average fuel capacity, with a tank able to hold around 18.6 fl. oz of fuel.
The Shindaiwa EB252's performance versus other blowers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea how the key specs of the Shindaiwa EB252 compare with similar leaf blowers.
- The Shindaiwa EB252 expels air at speeds up to 170 MPH, making it standard in terms of air speed for gas-powered handheld blowers (the one expelling air at the fastest speed being the Poulan Pro PPBV25 with 230 MPH).
- It has a maximum air volume output of 453 CFM (cubic feet per minute). With this output rating, the EB252 is well within average in relation to similar gas-powered handheld blowers (the biggest expelled air volume belonging to the Troy-Bilt TB2MB JET with 650 CFM).
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other gas handheld blowers, the Shindaiwa EB252 is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this blower nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of product.
Since the 50’s, Shindaiwa Incorporated has been a major player on the outdoor power equipment market. The company launched its first product, the "Hurricane", an electric chainsaw, back in 1955 in Japan. Nowadays, they are headquarted in Lake Zurich, IL. However, they remain closely tied to their homeland, since they now belong to ECHO Incorporated, a subsidiary of the Yamabiko corporation. Shindaiwa manufactures its products both in Japan, in Yokosuka, Morioka, and Hiroshima, and also in other plants around the globe, in Shenzhen, China, and Lake Zurich, IL.
The Shindaiwa EB252 is covered under a warranty for up to 5 years. This warranty may not cover all parts of the blower.
For more information about the warranty of Shindaiwa blowers, please consult Shindaiwa's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-877-9-TORQUE (1-877-986-7783).
Questions & Answers
There are no questions yet. Ask the first question.