The Shindaiwa EB262 is a gas-powered handheld leaf blower delivering 456 CFM at 172 MPH. It features a 2-cycle 25.4 cc engine. (Read full specs)
Features and Specifications
|CFM||Up to 456|
|MPH||Up to 172|
|Blowing Force||15.8 N|
|Engine displacement||25.4 cc|
|Fuel tank||20.3 fl. oz.|
|Noise rating||70 dB|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue. Should you wish more detailed specs on the Shindaiwa EB262, the user manual is available here (opens in a new tab).
Overview of the Shindaiwa EB262
- Power: The EB262 gas-powered blower, manufactured by Shindaiwa, is rated for a max air volume of 456 cubic feet per minute (CFM) and a max air speed of 172 MPH.
- Handling: For those who are looking for a portable and convenient leaf blower, this model is a strong candidate. It’s designed for easy handling and use, and its size means it’s easily carried and stored. All told, it weighs 9.8 lbs — the Shindaiwa EB262 is neither the lightest nor the heaviest gas-powered handheld blower on the market.
- Engine: The engine boasts a displacement of 25.4 cc. Being that this is a 2-stroke engine, it must be fuelled using a mix of gas and oil. The proper fuel ratio set by the manufacturer for the EB262 is 50:1.
- Speed Settings: With its variable speed settings, the Shindaiwa EB262 allows you to precisely control its air output. In addition, the blower is also equipped with cruise control, with which the user can easily maintain the selected settings.
- Noise: Its noise rating of 70 dB can be considered the standard for similar gas-powered handheld blowers.
- Fuel Tank: It has an average fuel capacity, with a tank able to hold around 20.3 fl. oz of fuel.
The Shindaiwa EB262's performance versus other blowers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea how the key specs of the Shindaiwa EB262 compare with similar leaf blowers.
- Its max air speed of 172 MPH places it at the approximate midpoint in comparison to other gas-powered handheld blowers (the one expelling air at the fastest speed being the Poulan Pro PPBV25 with 230 MPH).
- The EB262 is average in terms of air volume. It's rated at 456 CFM, which is common for gas-powered handheld blowers (the biggest expelled air volume belonging to the Troy-Bilt TB2MB JET with 650 CFM).
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other gas handheld blowers, the Shindaiwa EB262 is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this blower nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of product.
Since the 50’s, Shindaiwa Incorporated has been a major player on the outdoor power equipment market. The company launched its first product, the "Hurricane", an electric chainsaw, back in 1955 in Japan. Nowadays, they are headquarted in Lake Zurich, IL. However, they remain closely tied to their homeland, since they now belong to ECHO Incorporated, a subsidiary of the Yamabiko corporation. Shindaiwa manufactures its products both in Japan, in Yokosuka, Morioka, and Hiroshima, and also in other plants around the globe, in Shenzhen, China, and Lake Zurich, IL.
The Shindaiwa EB262 is covered under a warranty for up to 5 years. This warranty may not cover all parts of the blower.
For more information about the warranty of Shindaiwa blowers, please consult Shindaiwa's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-877-9-TORQUE (1-877-986-7783).
Questions & Answers
There are no questions yet. Ask the first question.