The Shindaiwa EB802RT is a gas-powered backpack leaf blower delivering 695 CFM at 210 MPH. It features a 2-cycle 79.2 cc engine. (Read full specs)
Features and Specifications
|CFM||Up to 695|
|MPH||Up to 210|
|Engine displacement||79.2 cc|
|Fuel tank||68.3 fl. oz.|
|Noise rating||76 dB|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue. Should you wish more detailed specs on the Shindaiwa EB802RT, the user manual is available here (opens in a new tab).
Overview of the Shindaiwa EB802RT
- Power: The EB802RT, built by Shindaiwa, is a gas-powered leaf blower capable of expelling a maximum air volume of 695 cubic feet per minute (CFM). Its air speed is rated at 210 MPH.
- Handling: Like most backpack blowers, this model is technically heavier than a handheld. That being said, it can feel lighter and more comfortable because of the way it is carried, even when used over extended periods of time. Its throttle is located on the tube, which allows you to keep your left hand free. Be aware that, at 24.9 lbs, the Shindaiwa EB802RT is on the heavier side for gas-powered backpack blowers.
- Engine: The engine boasts a displacement of 79.2 cc. As you may or may not know, 2-stroke engines require a mixture of gasoline and oil in order to keep all the moving parts lubricated while fuelling the engine’s internal combustion. The fuel/oil ratio recommended by Shindaiwa for the EB802RT is 50:1.
- Speed Settings: There are times when you only need a little more power, while other times you will want a bit more precision when clearing leaves and debris. For this purpose, the EB802RT offers variable speed settings, adding you, the user, more control, and a cruise control mode, which will allow you to maintain it comfortably for as long as you wish.
- Noise: With a decibel rating of 76 dB, the EB802RT is neither louder nor quieter than its rivals in the gas-powered backpack category.
- Fuel Tank: With a capacity of 68.3 fl. oz., this Shindaiwa blower is average when compared to other gas backpack blowers.
The Shindaiwa EB802RT's performance versus other blowers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea how the key specs of the Shindaiwa EB802RT compare with similar leaf blowers.
- Forced air leaving this blower’s nozzle has been clocked at 210 MPH. That makes the EB802RT average in terms of air speed for gas-powered backpack blowers. If you wish to benefit from air expelled at the fastest possible speed, the Husqvarna 150BT and its 251 MPH could be an option to consider.
- It has a maximum air volume output of 695 CFM (cubic feet per minute). With this output rating, the EB802RT is well within average in relation to similar gas-powered backpack blowers. If air volume is important to you, the Shindaiwa EB910RT, with 1110 CFM, could be in your good books.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other gas backpack blowers, the Shindaiwa EB802RT is on the expensive side of the price range.
While certainly not the cheapest of its kind, purchasing it could most likely also mean enjoying the reliability of a high-end product.
Since the 50s, Shindaiwa Incorporated has been a major player on the outdoor power equipment market. The company launched its first product, the "Hurricane", an electric chainsaw, back in 1955 in Japan. Nowadays, they are headquarted in Lake Zurich, IL. However, they remain closely tied to their homeland, since they now belong to ECHO Incorporated, a subsidiary of the Yamabiko corporation. Shindaiwa manufactures its products both in Japan, in Yokosuka, Morioka, and Hiroshima, and also in other plants around the globe, in Shenzhen, China, and Lake Zurich, IL.
The Shindaiwa EB802RT is covered under a warranty for up to 5 years. This warranty may not cover all parts of the blower.
For more information about the warranty of Shindaiwa blowers, please consult Shindaiwa's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-877-9-TORQUE (1-877-986-7783).
Questions & Answers
There are no questions yet. Ask the first question.