The SKIL BL4713-10 is a lightweight cordless handheld leaf blower delivering 500 CFM at 193 MPH. It features a 2.5 Ah 40 V Li-ion battery. (Read full specs)
Features and Specifications
|CFM||Up to 500|
|MPH||Up to 193|
|Weight (w/ battery)||7.1 lbs|
|Weight (tool only)||4.6 lbs|
|Series||PWR CORE 40|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue. Should you wish more detailed specs on the SKIL BL4713-10, the user manual is available here (opens in a new tab).
Overview of the SKIL BL4713-10
- Power: The SKIL BL4713-10 can force 500 cubic feet of air per minute (CFM) from its nozzle at a maximum speed of 193 MPH.
- Power delivery: If you don’t like dealing with cords, you will be delighted to know that this blower is equipped with a brushless, battery-operated motor.
- Battery: With its 2.5 Ah 40 V Li-ion battery (1 BY8705-00 battery included), the SKIL BL4713-10 has a standard, full-charge run time of up to 50 minutes.
- Handling: For those who are looking for a portable and convenient leaf blower, this model is a strong candidate. It’s designed for easy handling and use, and its size means it’s easily carried and stored. When compared to other cordless handheld blowers, the SKIL BL4713-10 stands out due to its lower weight: just 7.1 lbs battery included.
- Speed Settings: Sometimes you just need a little more power, while other times you may want a little more precision when moving leaves and debris. That’s why the BL4713-10 features variable speed settings for added control.
The SKIL BL4713-10's performance versus other blowers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea how the key specs of the SKIL BL4713-10 compare with similar leaf blowers.
- Upon exiting the nozzle, the air can reach speeds of up to 193 MPH, which is rather impressive for a battery-operated handheld blower. If you wish to benefit from air expelled at the fastest possible speed, the Makita XBU01PT and its 208 MPH could be an option to consider.
- The BL4713-10 is average in terms of air volume. It's rated at 500 CFM, which is common for cordless handheld blowers. If air volume is important to you, the CAT DG651, with 800 CFM, could be in your good books.
- The BL4713-10 is within the average range for cordless handheld units, offering up to 50 minutes of running time when fully charged. If autonomy is an important factor for you, the Makita CBU01Z can run for up to 300 minutes and could be worth considering.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other cordless blowers, the SKIL BL4713-10 is on the cheap side of the price range.
It can therefore be a really good buy if you're looking to acquire a budget blower.
SKIL is a highly-regarded North American power tool manufacturer based in Naperville, Illinois with a rich history dating back to 1924. The ownership of SKIL has changed hands multiple times, recently including Bosch and currently, Chervon (based in Nanjing, China), the corporation behind the innovative leaf blower manufacturer EGO. SKIL is best known for its circular saws, which reportedly supported the war effort during World War II. Since then, SKIL expanded its ventures globally and broadened its product portfolio to include power tools of all kinds, including leaf blowers. Skill currently offers a limited selection of cordless blowers in the signature SKIL red color.
The SKIL BL4713-10 is covered under a warranty for up to 5 years. This warranty may not cover all parts of the blower.
For more information about the warranty of SKIL blowers, please consult SKIL's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-877-SKIL-999 (1-877-754-5999).
Questions & Answers
There are no questions yet. Ask the first question.