The SKIL BL4713-10 is a lightweight cordless handheld leaf blower delivering 500 CFM at 193 MPH. It features a 2.5 Ah 40 V Li-ion battery. (Read full specs)
Features and Specifications
|Up to 500
|Up to 193
|Weight (w/ battery)
|Weight (tool only)
|PWR CORE 40
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue. Should you wish more detailed specs on the SKIL BL4713-10, the user manual is available here (opens in a new tab).
Overview of the SKIL BL4713-10
- Power: The SKIL BL4713-10 is a cordless blower with a maximum air volume rating of 500 cubic feet per minute (CFM) and an air speed of 193 MPH.
- Power delivery: SKIL designed this unit and its brushless, battery-operated motor with top-of-the-food-chain maneuverability in mind. The BL4713-10 doesn’t need to be plugged in, so you can take it anywhere easily.
- Battery: Its 2.5 Ah 40 V Li-ion battery (1 BY8705-00 battery included) enables the blower to run for up to 50 minutes without needing to recharge.
- Handling: It’s handheld, so naturally it’s easier to handle and carry than larger leaf blowers, such as backpack models or walk-behinds. When compared to other cordless handheld blowers, the SKIL BL4713-10 stands out due to its lower weight: just 7.1 lbs battery included.
- Speed Settings: For those who are keen on having complete control while operating their leaf blower, the BL4713-10 offers variable speed settings.
The SKIL BL4713-10's performance versus other blowers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea how the key specs of the SKIL BL4713-10 compare with handheld leaf blowers of similar voltage (between 36 and 48V).
- Air exiting the nozzle of this blower can reach 193 MPH, which is quite a bit faster than most battery-operated handheld blowers between 36 and 48V. If you wish to benefit from air expelled at the fastest possible speed, the Makita XBU01PT and its 208 MPH could be an option to consider.
- It has a maximum air volume output of 500 CFM (cubic feet per minute). With this output rating, the BL4713-10 is well within average in relation to similar cordless handheld blowers with a comparable voltage. If air volume is important to you, the Husqvarna 350iB, with 800 CFM, could be in your good books.
- The BL4713-10 is within the average range for cordless handheld units that operate between 36 and 48V, offering up to 50 minutes of running time when fully charged. If autonomy is an important factor for you, the Makita CBU01Z can run for up to 300 minutes and could be worth considering.
As you can see from these interactive charts, when compared to other cordless blowers, the SKIL BL4713-10 is on the cheap side of the price range.
It can therefore be a really good buy if you're looking to acquire a budget blower.
SKIL is a highly-regarded North American power tool manufacturer based in Naperville, Illinois with a rich history dating back to 1924. The ownership of SKIL has changed hands multiple times, recently including Bosch and currently, Chervon (based in Nanjing, China), the corporation behind the innovative leaf blower manufacturer EGO. SKIL is best known for its circular saws, which reportedly supported the war effort during World War II. Since then, SKIL expanded its ventures globally and broadened its product portfolio to include power tools of all kinds, including leaf blowers. Skill currently offers a limited selection of cordless blowers in the signature SKIL red color.
The SKIL BL4713-10 is covered under a warranty for up to 5 years. This warranty may not cover all parts of the blower.
For more information about the warranty of SKIL blowers, please consult SKIL's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-877-SKIL-999 (1-877-754-5999).
Questions & Answers
There are no questions yet. Ask the first question.