The SKIL BL4714B-10 is a lightweight cordless handheld leaf blower delivering 400 CFM at 100 MPH. It features a 4 Ah 20 V Li-ion battery. (Read full specs)
Features and Specifications
|CFM||Up to 400|
|MPH||Up to 100|
|Blowing Force||9 N|
|Weight (w/ battery)||6.1 lbs|
|Weight (tool only)||4.4 lbs|
|Series||PWR CORE 20|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue. Should you wish more detailed specs on the SKIL BL4714B-10, the user manual is available here (opens in a new tab).
Overview of the SKIL BL4714B-10
- Power: The SKIL BL4714B-10 is a cordless blower with a maximum air volume rating of 400 cubic feet per minute (CFM) and an air speed of 100 MPH.
- Power delivery: Since the device is powered by a brushless, battery-operated motor, it doesn’t require to be plugged in and therefore, it allows superb freedom of movement.
- Battery: The SKIL BL4714B-10 is powered by an easy-to-recharge 4 Ah 20 V Li-ion battery (1 BY519601 battery included).
- Handling: Being handheld, this blower has a good maneuverability and is meant to be easier to carry around over a small period of time. Among other cordless handheld blowers, the SKIL BL4714B-10 can be considered light, weighing only 6.1 lbs, battery included.
- Speed Settings: SKIL designed the BL4714B-10 with control and precision in mind. That’s why this model has 6 speed settings, meaning that its air output can be adjusted to suit the user’s needs.
The SKIL BL4714B-10's performance versus other blowers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea how the key specs of the SKIL BL4714B-10 compare with similar leaf blowers.
- Upon exiting the nozzle, the air can reach speeds of up to 100 MPH, which is on the lower end for battery-operated handheld blowers. For the fastest air speed in this category, you may want to consider the Makita XBU01PT, which can expell air at a velocity that can reach 208 MPH.
- The BL4714B-10 is average in terms of air volume. It's rated at 400 CFM, which is common for cordless handheld blowers. If air volume is important to you, the Husqvarna 350iB, with 800 CFM, could be in your good books.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other cordless blowers, the SKIL BL4714B-10 is on the cheap side of the price range.
It can therefore be a really good buy if you're looking to acquire a budget blower.
The bottom line
- Lightweight (6.1 lbs)
- Brushless motor
- 5 year (limited) warranty
- Decent CFM (400 CFM)
- Low MPH (100 MPH)
SKIL is a highly-regarded North American power tool manufacturer based in Naperville, Illinois with a rich history dating back to 1924. The ownership of SKIL has changed hands multiple times, recently including Bosch and currently, Chervon (based in Nanjing, China), the corporation behind the innovative leaf blower manufacturer EGO. SKIL is best known for its circular saws, which reportedly supported the war effort during World War II. Since then, SKIL expanded its ventures globally and broadened its product portfolio to include power tools of all kinds, including leaf blowers. Skill currently offers a limited selection of cordless blowers in the signature SKIL red color.
The SKIL BL4714B-10 is covered under a warranty for up to 5 years. This warranty may not cover all parts of the blower.
For more information about the warranty of SKIL blowers, please consult SKIL's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-877-SKIL-999 (1-877-754-5999).
Questions & Answers
There are no questions yet. Ask the first question.