The Snapper HD 1687968 is a cordless handheld leaf blower delivering 450 CFM at 120 MPH. It features a 2 Ah 48 V Li-ion battery. (Read full specs)
Features and Specifications
|CFM||Up to 450|
|MPH||Up to 120|
|Noise rating||96 dB|
|Other model numbers||BL48K|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue. Should you wish more detailed specs on the Snapper HD 1687968, the user manual is available here (opens in a new tab).
Overview of the Snapper HD 1687968
- Power: The HD 1687968 is a cordless blower made by Snapper. It has a maximum air speed of 120 MPH and its nozzle can expel a max air volume of 450 cubic feet per minute (CFM).
- Power delivery: As it is battery-operated, it doesn't need to be plugged in and therefore allows superb freedom of movement.
- Battery: Its 2 Ah 48 V Li-ion battery (1 battery included) means that a user can operate the HD 1687968 for an estimated 20 minutes on a full charge.
- Handling: With its handheld design, this leaf blower was created with portability in mind. Most users will have no problem using it almost anywhere. However, for a cordless handheld blower, the Snapper HD 1687968 is heavier than most, weighing 8.8 lbs.
- Speed Settings: With its variable speed settings, the Snapper HD 1687968 allows you to precisely control its air output. In addition, the blower is also equipped with cruise control, with which the user can easily maintain the selected settings.
- Noise: Note that this blower is somewhat on the noisy end of electric handheld blowers, as its engine can reach an operating noise level of around 96 dB.
The Snapper HD 1687968's performance versus other blowers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea how the key specs of the Snapper HD 1687968 compare with similar leaf blowers.
- Upon exiting the nozzle, the air can reach speeds of up to 120 MPH, which is pretty much what is to be expected for battery-operated handheld blowers. If you wish to benefit from air expelled at the fastest possible speed, the Makita XBU01PT and its 208 MPH could be an option to consider.
- It has a maximum air volume output of 450 CFM (cubic feet per minute). With this output rating, the HD 1687968 is well within average in relation to similar cordless handheld blowers. If air volume is important to you, the Ryobi RY404100, with 730 CFM, could be in your good books.
- Autonomy-wise, with up to 20 minutes of autonomy on a full charge, the HD 1687968 is on the low end when compared with other cordless handheld units. To enjoy the best possible autonomy in this category, you could have a look at the EGO POWER+ LBX6000 which offers up to 96 minutes of runtime.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other cordless blowers, the Snapper HD 1687968 is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this blower nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of product.
Snapper Inc. is a Northern American lawn equipment company, mainly focused on the production of lawn mowers, pressure washers and, of course, leaf blowers. Snapper’s roots extend all the way back to 1894. Originally Southern Saw Works, the company focused on production of lumber equipment. Snapper was renamed, rebranded and reorganized many times throughout their history, and now remains a subsidiary of Briggs & Stratton. The company still produces some of its products in its US plant, in Wauwatosa, WI. However, most of Snapper’s products are nowadays produced overseas.
The Snapper HD 1687968 is covered under a warranty for up to 3 years. This warranty may not cover all parts of the blower.
For more information about the warranty of Snapper blowers, please contact the Snapper Customer Support: 1-800-317-7833.
Questions & Answers
There are no questions yet. Ask the first question.