The Snapper HD 1687968 is a cordless handheld leaf blower delivering 450 CFM at 120 MPH. It features a 2 Ah 48 V Li-ion battery. (Read full specs)
Features and Specifications
|CFM||Up to 450|
|MPH||Up to 120|
|Noise rating||96 dB|
|Other model numbers||BL48K|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue. Should you wish more detailed specs on the Snapper HD 1687968, the user manual is available here (opens in a new tab).
Overview of the Snapper HD 1687968
- Power: The Snapper HD 1687968 can force 450 cubic feet of air per minute (CFM) from its nozzle at a maximum speed of 120 MPH.
- Power delivery: Snapper designed this battery-operated unit with total mobility in mind. The HD 1687968 only needs to be plugged in when it is charging, so users can take it almost anywhere.
- Battery: Its 2 Ah 48 V Li-ion battery (1 battery included) enables the blower to run for up to 20 minutes without needing to a recharge.
- Handling: For those who are looking for a portable and convenient leaf blower, this model is a strong candidate. It’s designed for easy handling and use, and its size means it’s easily carried and stored. Be aware that, at 8.8 lbs, the Snapper HD 1687968 is on the heavier side for cordless handheld blowers.
- Speed Settings: For those who wish to have complete control while operating their leaf blower, the HD 1687968 offers variable speed settings, and moreover, is also equipped with cruise control, which allows the user to comfortably continue blowing at their preferred setting.
- Noise: The manufacturer specifications state that the HD 1687968 can generate engine noise approaching 96 dB. This is louder than other electric handheld leaf blowers.
The Snapper HD 1687968's performance versus other blowers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea how the key specs of the Snapper HD 1687968 compare with similar leaf blowers.
- Upon exiting the nozzle, the air can reach speeds of up to 120 MPH, which is pretty much what is to be expected for battery-operated handheld blowers. If you wish to benefit from air expelled at the fastest possible speed, the Makita XBU01PT and its 208 MPH could be an option to consider.
- It has a maximum air volume output of 450 CFM (cubic feet per minute). With this output rating, the HD 1687968 is well within average in relation to similar cordless handheld blowers. If air volume is important to you, the Ryobi RY404100, with 730 CFM, could be in your good books.
- Autonomy-wise, with up to 20 minutes of autonomy on a full charge, the HD 1687968 is on the low end when compared with other cordless handheld units. To enjoy the best possible autonomy in this category, you could have a look at the EGO POWER+ LBX6000 which offers up to 96 minutes of runtime.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other cordless blowers, the Snapper HD 1687968 is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this blower nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of product.
Snapper Inc. is a Northern American lawn equipment company, mainly focused on the production of lawn mowers, pressure washers and, of course, leaf blowers. Snapper’s roots extend all the way back to 1894. Originally Southern Saw Works, the company focused on production of lumber equipment. Snapper was renamed, rebranded and reorganized many times throughout their history, and now remains a subsidiary of Briggs & Stratton. The company still produces some of its products in its US plant, in Wauwatosa, WI. However, most of Snapper’s products are nowadays produced overseas.
The Snapper HD 1687968 is covered under a warranty for up to 3 years. This warranty may not cover all parts of the blower.
For more information about the warranty of Snapper blowers, please contact the Snapper Customer Support: 1-800-317-7833.
Questions & Answers
There are no questions yet. Ask the first question.