The Snapper XD 1687879 is a cordless handheld leaf blower delivering 550 CFM at 130 MPH. It features a 2 Ah 82 V Li-ion battery. (Read full specs)
Features and Specifications
|CFM||Up to 550|
|MPH||Up to 130|
|Weight (w/ battery)||8.5 lbs|
|Weight (tool only)||5.1 lbs|
|Noise rating||96 dB|
|Other model numbers||SXDBL82K|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue. Should you wish more detailed specs on the Snapper XD 1687879, the user manual is available here (opens in a new tab).
Overview of the Snapper XD 1687879
- Power: The XD 1687879 is a cordless blower made by Snapper. It has a maximum air speed of 130 MPH and its nozzle can expel a max air volume of 550 cubic feet per minute (CFM).
- Power delivery: This blower has a brushless, battery-operated motor. Thus, the user won’t have to worry about tripping over pesky cords when they’re busy working their lawn.
- Battery: Its 2 Ah 82 V Li-ion battery (1 BSB2AH82 battery included) means that a user can operate the XD 1687879 for an estimated 40 minutes on a full charge.
- Handling: With its handheld design, this leaf blower was created with portability in mind. Most users will have no problem using it almost anywhere. At 8.5 lbs (battery included), the Snapper XD 1687879 is within the average weight range of cordless handheld blowers.
- Speed Settings: To provide more control over their job to the user, the unit has a variable speed control setting. No matter the size of the job, the user can adjust the airflow of the Snapper XD 1687879 to match it. On top of that, maintaining the selected speed is effortless, as it also features cruise control.
- Noise: Note that this blower is somewhat on the noisy end of electric handheld blowers, as its engine can reach an operating noise level of around 96 dB.
The Snapper XD 1687879's performance versus other blowers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea how the key specs of the Snapper XD 1687879 compare with similar leaf blowers.
- The Snapper XD 1687879 expels air at speeds up to 130 MPH, making it standard in terms of air speed for battery-operated handheld blowers. If you wish to benefit from air expelled at the fastest possible speed, the Makita XBU01PT and its 208 MPH could be an option to consider.
- If air volume is an important feature, the XD 1687879 by Snapper will not disappoint. Its airflow maxes out at 550 CFM (cubic feet per minute), which is more powerful than most cordless handheld blowers. If air volume is important to you, the EGO LB7654, with 765 CFM, could be in your good books.
- The XD 1687879 is within the average range for cordless handheld units, offering up to 40 minutes of running time when fully charged. If autonomy is an important factor for you, the Toro 51822 can run for up to 140 minutes and could be worth considering.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other cordless blowers, the Snapper XD 1687879 is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this blower nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of product.
Snapper Inc. is a Northern American lawn equipment company, mainly focused on the production of lawn mowers, pressure washers and, of course, leaf blowers. Snapper’s roots extend all the way back to 1894. Originally Southern Saw Works, the company focused on production of lumber equipment. Snapper was renamed, rebranded and reorganized many times throughout their history, and now remains a subsidiary of Briggs & Stratton. The company still produces some of its products in its US plant, in Wauwatosa, WI. However, most of Snapper’s products are nowadays produced overseas.
The Snapper XD 1687879 is covered under a warranty for up to 5 years. This warranty may not cover all parts of the blower.
For more information about the warranty of Snapper blowers, please contact the Snapper Customer Support: 1-800-317-7833.
Questions & Answers
There are no questions yet. Ask the first question.