The Snapper XD 1687879 is a cordless handheld leaf blower delivering 550 CFM at 130 MPH. It features a 2 Ah 82 V Li-ion battery. (Read full specs)
Features and Specifications
|CFM||Up to 550|
|MPH||Up to 130|
|Noise rating||96 dB|
|Other model numbers||SXDBL82K|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue. Should you wish more detailed specs on the Snapper XD 1687879, the user manual is available here (opens in a new tab).
Overview of the Snapper XD 1687879
- Power: The XD 1687879 is a cordless blower made by Snapper. It has a maximum air speed of 130 MPH and its nozzle can expel a max air volume of 550 cubic feet per minute (CFM).
- Power delivery: Since the device is powered by a brushless, battery-operated motor, it doesn’t require to be plugged in and therefore, it allows superb freedom of movement.
- Battery: Its 2 Ah 82 V Li-ion battery (1 battery included) offers an autonomy of 40 minutes on a full charge.
- Handling: With its handheld design, this leaf blower was created with portability in mind. Most users will have no problem using it almost anywhere. Be aware that, at 12.8 lbs, the Snapper XD 1687879 is on the heavier side for cordless handheld blowers.
- Speed Settings: For those who wish to have complete control while operating their leaf blower, the XD 1687879 offers variable speed settings, and moreover, is also equipped with cruise control, which allows the user to comfortably continue blowing at their preferred setting.
- Noise: The noise emitted by the Snapper XD 1687879 can reach up to 96 dB. Its noise rating is on the higher end compared to other electric handheld leaf blowers.
The Snapper XD 1687879's performance versus other blowers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea how the key specs of the Snapper XD 1687879 compare with similar leaf blowers.
- Forced air leaving this blower’s nozzle has been clocked at 130 MPH. That makes the XD 1687879 average in terms of air speed for battery-operated handheld blowers. If you wish to benefit from air expelled at the fastest possible speed, the Makita XBU01PT and its 208 MPH could be an option to consider.
- The XD 1687879 is powerful, with an airflow rating of 550 CFM (cubic feet per minute). This is certainly on the high end compared to other cordless handheld blowers. If air volume is important to you, the Snapper XD PowerGrip, with 700 CFM, could be in your good books.
- The XD 1687879 is within the average range for cordless handheld units, offering up to 40 minutes of running time when fully charged. If autonomy is an important factor for you, the EGO POWER+ LBX6000 can run for up to 96 minutes and could be worth considering.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other cordless blowers, the Snapper XD 1687879 is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this blower nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of product.
Snapper Inc. is a Northern American lawn equipment company, mainly focused on the production of lawn mowers, pressure washers and, of course, leaf blowers. Snapper’s roots extend all the way back to 1894. Originally Southern Saw Works, the company focused on production of lumber equipment. Snapper was renamed, rebranded and reorganized many times throughout their history, and now remains a subsidiary of Briggs & Stratton. The company still produces some of its products in its US plant, in Wauwatosa, WI. However, most of Snapper’s products are nowadays produced overseas.
The Snapper XD 1687879 is covered under a warranty for up to 5 years. This warranty may not cover all parts of the blower.
For more information about the warranty of Snapper blowers, please contact the Snapper Customer Support: 1-800-317-7833.
Questions & Answers
There are no questions yet. Ask the first question.