The Snapper XD PowerGrip is a cordless handheld leaf blower delivering 700 CFM at 140 MPH. It features a 4 Ah 82 V Li-ion battery. (Read full specs)
Features and Specifications
|CFM||Up to 700|
|MPH||Up to 140|
|Weight (w/ battery)||9.7 lbs|
|Weight (tool only)||4.4 lbs|
|Noise rating||96 dB|
|Other model numbers||SXD2BL82K, 1688056|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue. Should you wish more detailed specs on the Snapper XD PowerGrip, the user manual is available here (opens in a new tab).
Overview of the Snapper XD PowerGrip
- Power: The XD PowerGrip is a cordless blower made by Snapper. It has a maximum air speed of 140 MPH and its nozzle can expel a max air volume of 700 cubic feet per minute (CFM).
- Power delivery: If you don’t like dealing with cords, you will be delighted to know that this blower is equipped with a brushless, battery-operated motor.
- Battery: The blower comes with a 4 Ah 82 V Li-ion battery which, unlike any other battery of similar cordless units, does not get inserted directly into the tool. Instead, a battery harness is included. This harness allows you to wear the battery around your waist, which reduces arm and back fatigue and as a result, makes it easier to work longer.
- Handling: The unit is handheld but features Snapper's PowerGrip. PowerGrip enhances comfort of use and provides a more ergonomic grip, with a tube-mounted handle and an arm-support strap. Just like that, PowerGrip makes the blower's 9.1 lbs feel even lighter than they already would have.
- Speed Settings: There are times when you only need a little more power, while other times you will want a bit more precision when clearing leaves and debris. For this purpose, the XD PowerGrip offers variable speed settings, adding you, the user, more control, and a cruise control mode, which will allow you to maintain it comfortably for as long as you wish.
- Noise: The manufacturer specifications state that the XD PowerGrip can generate engine noise approaching 96 dB. This is louder than other electric handheld leaf blowers.
The Snapper XD PowerGrip's performance versus other blowers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea how the key specs of the Snapper XD PowerGrip compare with handheld leaf blowers of similar voltage (between 60 and 100V).
- The Snapper XD PowerGrip expels air at speeds up to 140 MPH, making it standard in terms of air speed for battery-operated handheld blowers between 60 and 100V. If you wish to benefit from air expelled at the fastest possible speed, the Dewalt DCBL770X1 and its 175 MPH could be an option to consider.
- The XD PowerGrip is powerful, with an airflow rating of 700 CFM (cubic feet per minute). This is certainly on the high end compared to other cordless handheld blowers with a comparable voltage. If air volume is important to you, the CAT DG651, with 800 CFM, could be in your good books.
- The XD PowerGrip is within the average range for cordless handheld units that operate between 60 and 100V, offering up to 60 minutes of running time when fully charged. If autonomy is an important factor for you, the Toro 51822 can run for up to 140 minutes and could be worth considering.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other cordless blowers, the Snapper XD PowerGrip is on the expensive side of the price range.
While certainly not the cheapest of its kind, purchasing it could most likely also mean enjoying the reliability of a high-end product.
Snapper Inc. is a Northern American lawn equipment company, mainly focused on the production of lawn mowers, pressure washers and, of course, leaf blowers. Snapper’s roots extend all the way back to 1894. Originally Southern Saw Works, the company focused on production of lumber equipment. Snapper was renamed, rebranded and reorganized many times throughout their history, and now remains a subsidiary of Briggs & Stratton. The company still produces some of its products in its US plant, in Wauwatosa, WI. However, most of Snapper’s products are nowadays produced overseas.
The Snapper XD PowerGrip is covered under a warranty for up to 5 years. This warranty may not cover all parts of the blower.
For more information about the warranty of Snapper blowers, please contact the Snapper Customer Support: 1-800-317-7833.
Questions & Answers
There are no questions yet. Ask the first question.