The Snapper XD PowerGrip is a cordless handheld leaf blower delivering 700 CFM at 140 MPH. It features a 4 Ah 82 V Li-ion battery. (Read full specs)
Features and Specifications
|CFM||Up to 700|
|MPH||Up to 140|
|Weight (w/ battery)||9.7 lbs|
|Weight (tool only)||4.4 lbs|
|Noise rating||96 dB|
|Other model numbers||SXD2BL82K, 1688056|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue. Should you wish more detailed specs on the Snapper XD PowerGrip, the user manual is available here (opens in a new tab).
Overview of the Snapper XD PowerGrip
- Power: The Snapper XD PowerGrip can force 700 cubic feet of air per minute (CFM) from its nozzle at a maximum speed of 140 MPH.
- Power delivery: If you don’t like dealing with cords, you will be delighted to know that this blower is equipped with a brushless, battery-operated motor.
- Battery: The blower comes with a 4 Ah 82 V Li-ion battery which, unlike any other battery of similar cordless units, does not get inserted directly into the tool. Instead, a battery harness is included. This harness allows you to wear the battery around your waist, which reduces arm and back fatigue and as a result, makes it easier to work longer.
- Handling: The unit is handheld but features Snapper's PowerGrip. PowerGrip enhances comfort of use and provides a more ergonomic grip, with a tube-mounted handle and an arm-support strap. Just like that, PowerGrip makes the blower's 9.1 lbs feel even lighter than they already would have.
- Speed Settings: To provide more control over their job to the user, the unit has a variable speed control setting. No matter the size of the job, the user can adjust the airflow of the Snapper XD PowerGrip to match it. On top of that, maintaining the selected speed is effortless, as it also features cruise control.
- Noise: Note that this blower is somewhat on the noisy end of electric handheld blowers, as its engine can reach an operating noise level of around 96 dB.
The Snapper XD PowerGrip's performance versus other blowers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea how the key specs of the Snapper XD PowerGrip compare with similar leaf blowers.
- Forced air leaving this blower’s nozzle has been clocked at 140 MPH. That makes the XD PowerGrip average in terms of air speed for battery-operated handheld blowers. If you wish to benefit from air expelled at the fastest possible speed, the Makita XBU01PT and its 208 MPH could be an option to consider.
- If air volume is an important feature, the XD PowerGrip by Snapper will not disappoint. Its airflow maxes out at 700 CFM (cubic feet per minute), which is more powerful than most cordless handheld blowers. If air volume is important to you, the Husqvarna 350iB, with 800 CFM, could be in your good books.
- The XD PowerGrip is within the average range for cordless handheld units, offering up to 60 minutes of running time when fully charged. If autonomy is an important factor for you, the Makita CBU01Z can run for up to 300 minutes and could be worth considering.
The bottom line
- PowerGrip system
- Battery harness
- Brushless motor
- Cruise control
- 5 year (limited) warranty
- High CFM (700 CFM)
- Decent MPH (140 MPH)
- Good autonomy (60 mins)
- High noise (96 dB)
Snapper Inc. is a Northern American lawn equipment company, mainly focused on the production of lawn mowers, pressure washers and, of course, leaf blowers. Snapper’s roots extend all the way back to 1894. Originally Southern Saw Works, the company focused on production of lumber equipment. Snapper was renamed, rebranded and reorganized many times throughout their history, and now remains a subsidiary of Briggs & Stratton. The company still produces some of its products in its US plant, in Wauwatosa, WI. However, most of Snapper’s products are nowadays produced overseas.
The Snapper XD PowerGrip is covered under a warranty for up to 5 years. This warranty may not cover all parts of the blower.
For more information about the warranty of Snapper blowers, please contact the Snapper Customer Support: 1-800-317-7833.
Questions & Answers
There are no questions yet. Ask the first question.