Features and Specifications
|CFM||Up to 400|
|MPH||Up to 170|
|Engine Displacement||25 cc|
|Fuel Tank||20 fl. oz.|
|Noise Rating||79 dB|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
Overview of the Southland SHB25170
- Power: The Southland SHB25170 is a gas-powered blower with a maximum air volume rating of 400 cubic feet per minute (CFM) and an air speed of 170 MPH.
- Handling: It’s handheld, so naturally it’s easier to handle and carry than larger leaf blowers, such as backpack models or walk-behinds. Be aware that, at 11.5 lbs, the Southland SHB25170 is on the heavier side for gas-powered handheld blowers.
- Engine: The blower is fitted with a 25 cc engine. Please note that, because the Southland SHB25170’s engine is a 2-cycle one, it runs on a mixture of oil and gasoline. Your user manual includes details on the proper ratio.
- Speed Settings: Sometimes you just need a little more power, while other times you may want a little more precision when moving leaves and debris. That’s why the SHB25170 features variable speed settings for added control.
- Noise: As far as gas-powered handheld blowers go, this one is average in terms of noise with a rating of 79 dB.
- Fuel Tank: Its tank can hold 20 fl. oz., so it falls squarely in the average in terms of fuel capacity.
The Southland SHB25170's performance versus other blowers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea how the key specs of the Southland SHB25170 compare with similar leaf blowers.
- Forced air leaving this blower’s nozzle has been clocked at 170 MPH. That makes the SHB25170 average in terms of air speed for gas-powered handheld blowers (the one expelling air at the fastest speed being the Poulan Pro PPBV25 with 230 MPH).
- It’s capable of expelling a maximum air volume of 400 CFM (cubic feet per minute). This places it at the low end compared to other gas-powered handheld leaf blowers (the biggest expelled air volume belonging to the Troy-Bilt TB2MB JET with 650 CFM).
The bottom line
- Decent Tank (20 fl. oz.)
- Acceptable Noise (79 dB)
- Decent MPH (170 MPH)
- Quite heavy (11.5 lbs)
- Low CFM (400 CFM)
Southland manufactures gas-powered equipment for leaf maintenance, lawn care, agriculture, and more. Their goal is to provide sturdy, dependable, easy-to-operate products for a variety of outdoor needs. Southland is a brand name of the arm of Mat Engine Technologies, LLC and operates out of Long Grove, Illinois, USA.
The Southland SHB25170 is covered under a warranty for up to 1 year. This warranty may not cover all parts of the blower.
For more information about the warranty of Southland blowers, please contact the Southland Customer Support: 1-800-737-2112.
Questions & Answers
There are no questions yet. Ask the first question.