The Southland SHB25170 is a gas-powered handheld leaf blower delivering 400 CFM at 170 MPH. It features a 2-cycle 25 cc engine. (Read full specs)
Features and Specifications
|CFM||Up to 400|
|MPH||Up to 170|
|Engine displacement||25 cc|
|Fuel tank||20 fl. oz.|
|Noise rating||79 dB|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
Overview of the Southland SHB25170
- Power: The SHB25170, built by Southland, is a gas-powered leaf blower capable of expelling a maximum air volume of 400 cubic feet per minute (CFM). Its air speed is rated at 170 MPH.
- Handling: For those who are looking for a portable and convenient leaf blower, this model is a strong candidate. It’s designed for easy handling and use, and its size means it’s easily carried and stored. Be aware that, at 11.5 lbs, the Southland SHB25170 is on the heavier side for gas-powered handheld blowers.
- Engine: The blower is fitted with a 25 cc engine. As you may or may not know, 2-stroke engines require a mixture of gasoline and oil in order to keep all the moving parts lubricated while fuelling the engine’s internal combustion. You can find the manufacturer’s specific gas/oil ratio in your user manual.
- Speed Settings: In order to afford more control to the user, this unit has a variable speed control. No matter the size of the job, the user can adjust the airflow of the Southland SHB25170 to match.
- Noise: Its noise rating of 79 dB can be considered the standard for similar gas-powered handheld blowers.
- Fuel Tank: With a capacity of 20 fl. oz., this Southland blower is average compared to other gas handheld blowers.
The Southland SHB25170's performance versus other blowers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea how the key specs of the Southland SHB25170 compare with similar leaf blowers.
- Forced air leaving this blower’s nozzle has been clocked at 170 MPH. That makes the SHB25170 average in terms of air speed for gas-powered handheld blowers. If you wish to benefit from air expelled at the fastest possible speed, the Craftsman BV2500 and its 250 MPH could be an option to consider.
- As this unit is rated at 400 CFM (cubic feet per minute), it expells less air than most gas-powered handheld blowers. For the highest air volume, you may want to have a look at the Craftsman B225, which boasts with 650 CFM.
Southland manufactures gas-powered equipment for leaf maintenance, lawn care, agriculture, and more. Their goal is to provide sturdy, dependable, easy-to-operate products for a variety of outdoor needs. Southland is a brand name of the arm of Mat Engine Technologies, LLC and operates out of Long Grove, Illinois, USA.
The Southland SHB25170 is covered under a warranty for up to 1 year. This warranty may not cover all parts of the blower.
For more information about the warranty of Southland blowers, please contact the Southland Customer Support: 1-800-737-2112.
Questions & Answers
What type of fuel and oil is used for a 25cc 170mph 400 southland leaf blower. (Asked April 8, 2021)
Gasoline should be unleaded, 89 Octane or higher. 2-cycle oil should meet or exceed JASO FC expectations (opens in a new tab).
Couldn't find the right answer for you? Ask your own question.