The Southland SHB25170 is a gas-powered handheld leaf blower delivering 400 CFM at 170 MPH. It features a 2-cycle 25 cc engine. (Read full specs)
Features and Specifications
|CFM||Up to 400|
|MPH||Up to 170|
|Engine displacement||25 cc|
|Fuel tank||20 fl. oz.|
|Noise rating||79 dB|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
Overview of the Southland SHB25170
- Power: The Southland SHB25170 is a gas-powered leaf blower. It sports a max air speed of 170 MPH and a max air volume rating of 400 cubic feet per minute (CFM).
- Handling: For those who are looking for a portable and convenient leaf blower, this model is a strong candidate. It’s designed for easy handling and use, and its size means it’s easily carried and stored. Be aware that, at 11.5 lbs, the Southland SHB25170 is on the heavier side for gas-powered handheld blowers.
- Engine: The blower is fitted with a 25 cc engine. Since this is a 2-stroke engine, it’s important to remember that the SHB25170 cannot run on gasoline alone. The fuel must be mixed with an appropriate ratio of gasoline and oil in order for it to function properly (see your user’s manual for details).
- Speed Settings: For those who are keen on having complete control while operating their leaf blower, the SHB25170 offers variable speed settings.
- Noise: As far as gas-powered handheld blowers go, this one is average in terms of noise with a rating of 79 dB.
- Fuel Tank: Its tank can hold 20 fl. oz., so it falls squarely in the average in terms of fuel capacity for handheld blowers.
The Southland SHB25170's performance versus other blowers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea how the key specs of the Southland SHB25170 compare with similar leaf blowers.
- Its max air speed of 170 MPH places it at the approximate midpoint in comparison to other gas-powered handheld blowers. If you wish to benefit from air expelled at the fastest possible speed, the Craftsman BV2500 and its 250 MPH could be an option to consider.
- Regarding its air volume, the airflow of the Southland SHB25170 can reach 400 CFM (Cubic Feet per Minute), which is on the low end for gas-powered handheld blowers. For the highest air volume, you may want to have a look at the Craftsman B225, which boasts with 650 CFM.
Southland manufactures gas-powered equipment for leaf maintenance, lawn care, agriculture, and more. Their goal is to provide sturdy, dependable, easy-to-operate products for a variety of outdoor needs. Southland is a brand name of the arm of Mat Engine Technologies, LLC and operates out of Long Grove, Illinois, USA.
The Southland SHB25170 is covered under a warranty for up to 1 year. This warranty may not cover all parts of the blower.
For more information about the warranty of Southland blowers, please contact the Southland Customer Support: 1-800-737-2112.
Questions & Answers
What type of fuel and oil is used for a 25cc 170mph 400 southland leaf blower. (Asked April 08, 2021)
Gasoline should be unleaded, 89 Octane or higher. 2-cycle oil should meet or exceed JASO FC expectations (opens in a new tab).
Couldn't find the right answer for you? Ask your own question.