The Southland SWB163150E is a gas-powered wheeled blower delivering 1200 CFM at 150 MPH. It features a 4-cycle 163cc engine. (Read full specs)
Features and Specifications
|CFM||Up to 1200|
|MPH||Up to 150|
|Fuel tank||112 fl. oz.|
|Noise rating||76 dB|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue. Should you wish more detailed specs on the Southland SWB163150E, the user manual is available here (opens in a new tab).
Overview of the Southland SWB163150E
- Power: The SWB163150E, built by Southland, is a gas-powered leaf blower capable of expelling a maximum air volume of 1200 cubic feet per minute (CFM). Its air speed is rated at 150 MPH.
- Handling: For bigger jobs covering a large area or for those who simply want to keep their leaf blower on the ground, walk-behind blowers such as the Southland SWB163150E are an ideal choice. They are typically much more powerful than handheld or backpack blowers. The unit features two 12" never-flat wheels at the back, as a well as a swiveling wheel that provides an enhanced freedom of movement on all types of terrain.
- Engine: The blower is fitted with a 163 cc engine. As this is a 4-stroke engine, the blower does not require a mix of gas and oil in order to run.
- Speed Settings: Southland designed the SWB163150E with control and precision in mind. That’s why this model has 4 speed settings, meaning that its air output can be adjusted to suit the user’s needs.
- Adjustable Air Flow: The unit features a 3-position adjustable wind vane that allows you to direct your airflow straight, 15 degrees up, or 15 degrees down. For additional convenience, a forward-flow attachment is included and allows the user to redirect the airflow from the side to the front of the push blower.
- Noise: Its noise rating of 76 dB can be considered the standard for similar gas-powered walk-behind blowers.
- Fuel Tank: It has an average fuel capacity for a walk-behind blower, with a tank that holds around 112 fl. oz of fuel.
The Southland SWB163150E's performance versus other blowers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea how the key specs of the Southland SWB163150E compare with similar leaf blowers.
- Upon exiting the nozzle, the air can reach speeds of up to 150 MPH, which is on the lower end for gas-powered walk-behind blowers. For the fastest air speed in this category, you may want to consider the Billy Goat F602X, which can expell air at a velocity that can reach 200 MPH.
- Regarding its air volume, the airflow of the Southland SWB163150E can reach 1200 CFM (Cubic Feet per Minute), which is on the low end for gas-powered walk-behind blowers. For the highest air volume, you may want to have a look at the Billy Goat F1802SPV, which boasts with 2900 CFM.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other gas walk-behind blowers, the Southland SWB163150E is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this blower nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of product.
Southland manufactures gas-powered equipment for leaf maintenance, lawn care, agriculture, and more. Their goal is to provide sturdy, dependable, easy-to-operate products for a variety of outdoor needs. Southland is a brand name of the arm of Mat Engine Technologies, LLC and operates out of Long Grove, Illinois, USA.
The Southland SWB163150E is covered under a warranty for up to 2 years. This warranty may not cover all parts of the blower.
For more information about the warranty of Southland blowers, please contact the Southland Customer Support: 1-800-737-2112.
Questions & Answers
There are no questions yet. Ask the first question.