The Southland SWB43170 is a gas-powered wheeled leaf blower delivering 520 CFM at 170 MPH. It features a 2-cycle 43 cc engine. (Read full specs)
Features and Specifications
|CFM||Up to 520|
|MPH||Up to 170|
|Engine displacement||43 cc|
|Fuel tank||28 fl. oz.|
|Noise rating||94 dB|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue. Should you wish more detailed specs on the Southland SWB43170, the user manual is available here (opens in a new tab).
Overview of the Southland SWB43170
- Power: The SWB43170 gas-powered blower, manufactured by Southland, is rated for a max air volume of 520 cubic feet per minute (CFM) and a max air speed of 170 MPH.
- Handling: Walk-behind blowers such as the Southland SWB43170 are the most powerful. They are wheeled, heavy, have to be pushed and are mostly used by professionals.
- Engine: The engine boasts a displacement of 43 cc. As you may or may not know, 2-stroke engines require a mixture of gasoline and oil in order to keep all the moving parts lubricated while fuelling the engine’s internal combustion. The fuel/oil ratio recommended by Southland for the SWB43170 is 50:1.
- Speed Settings: Sometimes you just need a little more power, while other times you may want a little more precision when moving leaves and debris. That’s why the SWB43170 features variable speed settings for added control.
- Noise: As far as gas-powered walk-behind blowers go, this one is average in terms of noise with a rating of 94 dB.
- Fuel Tank: The fuel tank has a capacity of 28 fl. oz. Although this is not especially impressive, it allows the unit to maintain a decent overall weight, making it more portable and comfortable to use.
The Southland SWB43170's performance versus other blowers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea how the key specs of the Southland SWB43170 compare with similar leaf blowers.
- The Southland SWB43170 expels air at speeds up to 170 MPH, making it standard in terms of air speed for gas-powered walk-behind blowers (the one expelling air at the fastest speed being the Little Wonder C5 99170-06-01 with 200 MPH).
- It’s capable of expelling a maximum air volume of 520 CFM (cubic feet per minute). This places it at the low end compared to other gas-powered walk-behind blowers (the biggest expelled air volume belonging to the Eliet BL 450 EZR with 3814 CFM).
As you can see from this interactive chart, the Southland SWB43170 is the cheapest of all gas walk-behind blowers.
It can therefore be a really good buy if you're looking to acquire a budget blower.
Southland manufactures gas-powered equipment for leaf maintenance, lawn care, agriculture, and more. Their goal is to provide sturdy, dependable, easy-to-operate products for a variety of outdoor needs. Southland is a brand name of the arm of Mat Engine Technologies, LLC and operates out of Long Grove, Illinois, USA.
The Southland SWB43170 is covered under a warranty for up to 2 years. This warranty may not cover all parts of the blower.
For more information about the warranty of Southland blowers, please contact the Southland Customer Support: 1-800-737-2112.
Questions & Answers
There are no questions yet. Ask the first question.