The Southland SWB43170 is a gas-powered wheeled leaf blower delivering 520 CFM at 170 MPH. It features a 2-cycle 43 cc engine. (Read full specs)
Features and Specifications
|CFM||Up to 520|
|MPH||Up to 170|
|Engine displacement||43 cc|
|Fuel tank||28 fl. oz.|
|Noise rating||94 dB|
|Other model numbers||SWB43170.COM|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue. Should you wish more detailed specs on the Southland SWB43170, the user manual is available here (opens in a new tab).
Overview of the Southland SWB43170
- Power: The Southland SWB43170 is a gas-powered blower with a maximum air volume rating of 520 cubic feet per minute (CFM) and an air speed of 170 MPH.
- Handling: Walk-behind blowers such as the Southland SWB43170 are the most powerful. They are wheeled, heavy, have to be pushed and are mostly used by professionals.
- Engine: This blower's engine has a displacement specification of 43 cc. As you may or may not know, 2-stroke engines require a mixture of gasoline and oil in order to keep all the moving parts lubricated while fuelling the engine’s internal combustion. The fuel/oil ratio recommended by Southland for the SWB43170 is 50:1.
- Speed Settings: There are times when you only need a little more power, while other times you will want a bit more precision when clearing leaves and debris. For this purpose, the SWB43170 offers variable speed settings, adding you, the user, more control, and a cruise control mode, which will allow you to maintain it comfortably for as long as you wish.
- Noise: With a decibel rating of 94 dB, the SWB43170 is neither louder nor quieter than its rivals in the gas-powered walk-behind category.
- Fuel Tank: The fuel tank can hold 28 fl. oz. What it loses in fuel capacity, the SWB43170 gains in portability by having a more manageable weight.
The Southland SWB43170's performance versus other blowers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea how the key specs of the Southland SWB43170 compare with similar leaf blowers.
- Upon exiting the nozzle, the air can reach speeds of up to 170 MPH, which is pretty much what is to be expected for gas-powered walk-behind blowers (the one expelling air at the fastest speed being the Little Wonder C5 99170-06-01 with 200 MPH).
- It’s capable of expelling a maximum air volume of 520 CFM (cubic feet per minute). This places it at the low end compared to other gas-powered walk-behind blowers (the biggest expelled air volume belonging to the Eliet BL 450 EZR with 3814 CFM).
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other gas walk-behind blowers, the Southland SWB43170 is on the cheap side of the price range.
It can therefore be a really good buy if you're looking to acquire a budget blower.
Southland manufactures gas-powered equipment for leaf maintenance, lawn care, agriculture, and more. Their goal is to provide sturdy, dependable, easy-to-operate products for a variety of outdoor needs. Southland is a brand name of the arm of Mat Engine Technologies, LLC and operates out of Long Grove, Illinois, USA.
The Southland SWB43170 is covered under a warranty for up to 2 years. This warranty may not cover all parts of the blower.
For more information about the warranty of Southland blowers, please contact the Southland Customer Support: 1-800-737-2112.
Questions & Answers
There are no questions yet. Ask the first question.