The Southland SWB43170 is a gas-powered wheeled blower delivering 520 CFM at 170 MPH. It features a 2-cycle 43 cc engine. (Read full specs)
Features and Specifications
|CFM||Up to 520|
|MPH||Up to 170|
|Engine displacement||43 cc|
|Fuel tank||28 fl. oz.|
|Noise rating||94 dB|
|Other model numbers||SWB43170.COM|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue. Should you wish more detailed specs on the Southland SWB43170, the user manual is available here (opens in a new tab).
Overview of the Southland SWB43170
- Power: The SWB43170 gas-powered blower, manufactured by Southland, is rated for a max air volume of 520 cubic feet per minute (CFM) and a max air speed of 170 MPH.
- Handling: For bigger jobs covering a large area or for those who simply want to keep their leaf blower on the ground, walk-behind blowers such as the Southland SWB43170 are an ideal choice. They are typically much more powerful than handheld or backpack blowers. The unit features two 10" never-flat wheels at the back, as a well as a swiveling wheel that provides an enhanced freedom of movement on all types of terrain.
- Engine: The engine boasts a displacement of 43 cc. Since this is a 2-stroke engine, it’s important to remember that the SWB43170 cannot run on gasoline alone. The fuel must be mixed with an appropriate ratio of gasoline and oil in order for it to function properly (for this Southland model, this ratio is 50:1).
- Speed Settings: To provide more control over their job to the user, the unit has a variable speed control setting. No matter the size of the job, the user can adjust the airflow of the Southland SWB43170 to match it. On top of that, maintaining the selected speed is effortless, as it also features cruise control.
- Noise: With a decibel rating of 94 dB, the SWB43170 is neither louder nor quieter than its rivals in the gas-powered walk-behind category.
- Fuel Tank: The fuel tank has a capacity of 28 fl. oz. This is not especially impressive for a walk-behind blower, which means that you may have to refill it more often than similar units on the market. In fact, it is the smallest tank of all gas walk-behind blowers.
The Southland SWB43170's performance versus other blowers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea how the key specs of the Southland SWB43170 compare with similar leaf blowers.
- Maxing out at 170 MPH at full power, this blower is on the lower end in terms of air speed for gas-powered walk-behind blowers. For the fastest air speed in this category, you may want to consider the Billy Goat F602X, which can expell air at a velocity that can reach 200 MPH.
- As this unit is rated at 520 CFM (cubic feet per minute), it expells less air than most gas-powered walk-behind blowers. For the highest air volume, you may want to have a look at the Billy Goat F1802SPV, which boasts with 2900 CFM.
As you can see from this interactive chart, the Southland SWB43170 is the cheapest of all gas walk-behind blowers.
It can therefore be a really good buy if you're looking to acquire a budget blower.
Southland manufactures gas-powered equipment for leaf maintenance, lawn care, agriculture, and more. Their goal is to provide sturdy, dependable, easy-to-operate products for a variety of outdoor needs. Southland is a brand name of the arm of Mat Engine Technologies, LLC and operates out of Long Grove, Illinois, USA.
The Southland SWB43170 is covered under a warranty for up to 2 years. This warranty may not cover all parts of the blower.
For more information about the warranty of Southland blowers, please contact the Southland Customer Support: 1-800-737-2112.
Questions & Answers
There are no questions yet. Ask the first question.