The Southland SWB43170 is a gas-powered wheeled leaf blower delivering 520 CFM at 170 MPH. It features a 2-cycle 43 cc engine. (Read full specs)
Features and Specifications
|CFM||Up to 520|
|MPH||Up to 170|
|Engine displacement||43 cc|
|Fuel tank||28 fl. oz.|
|Noise rating||94 dB|
|Other model numbers||SWB43170.COM|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue. Should you wish more detailed specs on the Southland SWB43170, the user manual is available here (opens in a new tab).
Overview of the Southland SWB43170
- Power: The Southland SWB43170 is a gas-powered leaf blower. It sports a max air speed of 170 MPH and a max air volume rating of 520 cubic feet per minute (CFM).
- Handling: For bigger jobs covering a large area or for those who simply want to keep their leaf blower on the ground, walk-behind blowers such as the Southland SWB43170 are an ideal choice. They are typically much more powerful than handheld or backpack blowers.
- Engine: The blower is fitted with a 43 cc engine. Please be aware that 2-cycle engines like this one require a mixture of gas and oil in order to run. For the Southland SWB43170, this ratio is 50:1.
- Speed Settings: For those who wish to have complete control while operating their leaf blower, the SWB43170 offers variable speed settings, and moreover, is also equipped with cruise control, which allows the user to comfortably continue blowing at their preferred setting.
- Noise: With a decibel rating of 94 dB, the SWB43170 is neither louder nor quieter than its rivals in the gas-powered walk-behind category.
- Fuel Tank: The fuel tank has a capacity of 28 fl. oz. This is not especially impressive for a walk-behind blower, which means that you may have to refill it more often than similar units on the market. In fact, it is the smallest tank of all gas walk-behind blowers.
The Southland SWB43170's performance versus other blowers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea how the key specs of the Southland SWB43170 compare with similar leaf blowers.
- The air speed of the Southland SWB43170 maxes out at 170 MPH. While more than adequate for many jobs, its air speed is below average among other gas-powered walk-behind blowers. For the fastest air speed in this category, you may want to consider the Billy Goat F1802V, which can expell air at a velocity that can reach 200 MPH.
- Its max air volume rating (520 cubic feet per minute) means it is really not the biggest air producer of gas-powered walk-behind blowers. For the highest air volume, you may want to have a look at the Billy Goat F1802V, which boasts with 2900 CFM.
As you can see from this interactive chart, the Southland SWB43170 is the cheapest of all gas walk-behind blowers.
It can therefore be a really good buy if you're looking to acquire a budget blower.
Southland manufactures gas-powered equipment for leaf maintenance, lawn care, agriculture, and more. Their goal is to provide sturdy, dependable, easy-to-operate products for a variety of outdoor needs. Southland is a brand name of the arm of Mat Engine Technologies, LLC and operates out of Long Grove, Illinois, USA.
The Southland SWB43170 is covered under a warranty for up to 2 years. This warranty may not cover all parts of the blower.
For more information about the warranty of Southland blowers, please contact the Southland Customer Support: 1-800-737-2112.
Questions & Answers
There are no questions yet. Ask the first question.