Features and Specifications
|CFM||Up to 520|
|MPH||Up to 170|
|Engine Displacement||43 cc|
|Fuel Tank||28 fl. oz.|
|Noise Rating||94 dB|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue. Should you wish more detailed specs on the Southland SWB43170, the user manual is available here.
Overview of the Southland SWB43170
- Power: The Southland SWB43170 is a gas-powered blower with a maximum air volume rating of 520 cubic feet per minute (CFM) and an air speed of 170 MPH.
- Handling: For bigger jobs covering a large area or for those who simply want to keep their leaf blower on the ground, walk-behind leaf blowers such as the Southland SWB43170 are an ideal choice. They are typically much more powerful than handheld or backpack blowers. Among other gas-powered walk-behind blowers, the Southland SWB43170 can be considered light, weighing only 28 lbs.
- Engine: The engine boasts a displacement of 43 cc. Being that this is a 2-stroke engine, it must be fuelled using a mix of gas and oil. The proper fuel ratio set by the manufacturer for the SWB43170 is 50:1.
- Speed Settings: In order to afford more control to the user, this unit has a variable speed control. No matter the size of the job, the user can adjust the airflow of the Southland SWB43170 to match.
- Noise: As far as gas-powered walk-behind blowers go, this one is average in terms of noise with a rating of 94 dB.
- Fuel Tank: Its 28 fl. oz. fuel tank may be relatively low in capacity, but the decreased weight affords the SWB43170 greater comfort and ease of use.
The Southland SWB43170's performance versus other blowers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea how the key specs of the Southland SWB43170 compare with similar leaf blowers.
- Its max air speed of 170 MPH places it at the approximate midpoint in comparison to other gas-powered walk-behind blowers (the one expelling air at the fastest speed being the Little Wonder C5 99170-06-01 with 200 MPH).
- Regarding its air volume, the airflow of the Southland SWB43170 can reach 520 CFM (Cubic Feet per Minute), which is on the low end for gas-powered walk-behind leaf blowers (the biggest expelled air volume belonging to the Eliet BL 450 EZR with 3814 CFM).
As you can see from this dynamic chart, when compared to other gas walk-behind blowers, the Southland SWB43170 is on the cheap side of the price range.
It can therefore be a really good buy if you're looking to acquire a budget blower.
The bottom line
- Lightweight (28 lbs)
- Acceptable Noise (94 dB)
- Decent MPH (170 MPH)
- Small Tank (28 fl. oz.)
- Low CFM (520 CFM)
Southland manufactures gas-powered equipment for leaf maintenance, lawn care, agriculture, and more. Their goal is to provide sturdy, dependable, easy-to-operate products for a variety of outdoor needs. Southland is a brand name of the arm of Mat Engine Technologies, LLC and operates out of Long Grove, Illinois, USA.
The Southland SWB43170 is covered under a warranty for up to 2 years. This warranty may not cover all parts of the blower.
For more information about the warranty of Southland blowers, please contact the Southland Customer Support: 1-800-737-2112.
Questions & Answers
There are no questions yet. Ask the first question.