The Southland SWB43170 is a gas-powered wheeled leaf blower delivering 520 CFM at 170 MPH. It features a 2-cycle 43 cc engine. (Read full specs)
Features and Specifications
|CFM||Up to 520|
|MPH||Up to 170|
|Engine displacement||43 cc|
|Fuel tank||28 fl. oz.|
|Noise rating||94 dB|
|Other model numbers||SWB43170.COM|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue. Should you wish more detailed specs on the Southland SWB43170, the user manual is available here (opens in a new tab).
Overview of the Southland SWB43170
- Power: The Southland SWB43170 is a gas-powered blower with a maximum air volume rating of 520 cubic feet per minute (CFM) and an air speed of 170 MPH.
- Handling: For bigger jobs covering a large area or for those who simply want to keep their leaf blower on the ground, walk-behind blowers such as the Southland SWB43170 are an ideal choice. They are typically much more powerful than handheld or backpack blowers.
- Engine: This blower's engine has a displacement specification of 43 cc. Please note that, because the Southland SWB43170's engine is a 2-cycle one, it runs on a mixture of oil and gasoline. According to Southland, the proper fuel mixture ratio for this blower is 50:1.
- Speed Settings: With its variable speed settings, the Southland SWB43170 allows you to precisely control its air output. In addition, the blower is also equipped with cruise control, with which the user can easily maintain the selected settings.
- Noise: As far as gas-powered walk-behind blowers go, this one is average in terms of noise with a rating of 94 dB.
- Fuel Tank: Its 28 fl. oz. fuel tank may be relatively low in capacity (when compared to other walk-behind blowers), but the decreased weight affords the SWB43170 greater comfort and ease of use.
The Southland SWB43170's performance versus other blowers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea how the key specs of the Southland SWB43170 compare with similar leaf blowers.
- Maxing out at 170 MPH at full power, this blower is on the lower end in terms of air speed for gas-powered walk-behind blowers. For the fastest air speed in this category, you may want to consider the Little Wonder C5 99170-06-01, which can expell air at a velocity that can reach 200 MPH.
- Its max air volume rating (520 cubic feet per minute) means it is really not the biggest air producer of gas-powered walk-behind blowers. For the highest air volume, you may want to have a look at the Billy Goat F1802V, which boasts with 2900 CFM.
As you can see from this interactive chart, the Southland SWB43170 is the cheapest of all gas walk-behind blowers.
It can therefore be a really good buy if you're looking to acquire a budget blower.
Southland manufactures gas-powered equipment for leaf maintenance, lawn care, agriculture, and more. Their goal is to provide sturdy, dependable, easy-to-operate products for a variety of outdoor needs. Southland is a brand name of the arm of Mat Engine Technologies, LLC and operates out of Long Grove, Illinois, USA.
The Southland SWB43170 is covered under a warranty for up to 2 years. This warranty may not cover all parts of the blower.
For more information about the warranty of Southland blowers, please contact the Southland Customer Support: 1-800-737-2112.
Questions & Answers
There are no questions yet. Ask the first question.