The Southland SWB43170 is a gas-powered wheeled blower delivering 520 CFM at 170 MPH. It features a 2-cycle 43cc engine. (Read full specs)
Features and Specifications
|CFM||Up to 520|
|MPH||Up to 170|
|Fuel tank||28 fl. oz.|
|Noise rating||94 dB|
|Other model numbers||SWB43170.COM|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue. Should you wish more detailed specs on the Southland SWB43170, the user manual is available here (opens in a new tab).
Overview of the Southland SWB43170
- Power: The SWB43170, built by Southland, is a gas-powered leaf blower capable of expelling a maximum air volume of 520 cubic feet per minute (CFM). Its air speed is rated at 170 MPH.
- Handling: For bigger jobs covering a large area or for those who simply want to keep their leaf blower on the ground, walk-behind blowers such as the Southland SWB43170 are an ideal choice. They are typically much more powerful than handheld or backpack blowers. The unit features two 10" never-flat wheels at the back, as a well as a swiveling wheel that provides an enhanced freedom of movement on all types of terrain.
- Engine: The engine boasts a displacement of 43 cc. Being that this is a 2-stroke engine, it must be fuelled using a mix of gas and oil. The proper fuel ratio set by the manufacturer for the SWB43170 is 50:1.
- Speed Settings: There are times when you only need a little more power, while other times you will want a bit more precision when clearing leaves and debris. For this purpose, the SWB43170 offers variable speed settings, adding you, the user, more control, and a cruise control mode, which will allow you to maintain it comfortably for as long as you wish.
- Noise: Its noise rating of 94 dB can be considered the standard for similar gas-powered walk-behind blowers.
- Fuel Tank: The fuel tank has a capacity of 28 fl. oz. This is not especially impressive for a walk-behind blower, which means that you may have to refill it more often than similar units on the market. In fact, it is the smallest tank of all gas walk-behind blowers.
The Southland SWB43170's performance versus other blowers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea how the key specs of the Southland SWB43170 compare with similar leaf blowers.
- The air speed of the Southland SWB43170 maxes out at 170 MPH. While more than adequate for many jobs, its air speed is below average among other gas-powered walk-behind blowers. For the fastest air speed in this category, you may want to consider the Billy Goat F902H, which can expell air at a velocity that can reach 200 MPH.
- As this unit is rated at 520 CFM (cubic feet per minute), it expells less air than most gas-powered walk-behind blowers. For the highest air volume, you may want to have a look at the Billy Goat F1802SPV, which boasts with 2900 CFM.
As you can see from this interactive chart, the Southland SWB43170 is the cheapest of all gas walk-behind blowers.
It can therefore be a really good buy if you're looking to acquire a budget blower.
The bottom line
- Cruise control
- Acceptable noise (94 dB)
- Small tank (28 fl. oz.)
- Low CFM (520 CFM)
- Low MPH (170 MPH)
Southland manufactures gas-powered equipment for leaf maintenance, lawn care, agriculture, and more. Their goal is to provide sturdy, dependable, easy-to-operate products for a variety of outdoor needs. Southland is a brand name of the arm of Mat Engine Technologies, LLC and operates out of Long Grove, Illinois, USA.
The Southland SWB43170 is covered under a warranty for up to 2 years. This warranty may not cover all parts of the blower.
For more information about the warranty of Southland blowers, please contact the Southland Customer Support: 1-800-737-2112.
Questions & Answers
There are no questions yet. Ask the first question.