The Southland SWB43170 is a gas-powered wheeled blower delivering 520 CFM at 170 MPH. It features a 2-cycle 43cc engine. (Read full specs)
Features and Specifications
|Up to 520
|Up to 170
|28 fl. oz.
|Other model numbers
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue. Should you wish more detailed specs on the Southland SWB43170, the user manual is available here (opens in a new tab).
Overview of the Southland SWB43170
- Power: The SWB43170 gas-powered blower, manufactured by Southland, is rated for a max air volume of 520 cubic feet per minute (CFM) and a max air speed of 170 MPH.
- Handling: For bigger jobs covering a large area or for those who simply want to keep their leaf blower on the ground, walk-behind blowers such as the Southland SWB43170 are an ideal choice. They are typically much more powerful than handheld or backpack blowers. The unit features two 10" never-flat wheels at the back, as a well as a swiveling wheel that provides an enhanced freedom of movement on all types of terrain.
- Engine: The blower is fitted with a 43cc engine. Please note that, because the Southland SWB43170's engine is a 2-cycle one, it runs on a mixture of oil and gasoline. According to Southland, the proper fuel mixture ratio for this blower is 50:1.
- Speed Settings: With its variable speed settings, the Southland SWB43170 allows you to precisely control its air output. In addition, the blower is also equipped with cruise control, with which the user can easily maintain the selected settings.
- Noise: As far as gas-powered walk-behind blowers go, this one is average in terms of noise with a rating of 94 dB.
- Fuel Tank: The fuel tank can hold 28 fl. oz. Since this capacity is below the average walk-behind blower tank size, it may run out of fuel quicker than other similar units. In fact, it is the smallest tank of all gas walk-behind blowers.
The Southland SWB43170's performance versus other blowers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea how the key specs of the Southland SWB43170 compare with similar leaf blowers.
- The air speed of the Southland SWB43170 maxes out at 170 MPH. While more than adequate for many jobs, its air speed is below average among other gas-powered walk-behind blowers. For the fastest air speed in this category, you may want to consider the Billy Goat F602X, which can expell air at a velocity that can reach 200 MPH.
- Regarding its air volume, the airflow of the Southland SWB43170 can reach 520 CFM (Cubic Feet per Minute), which is on the low end for gas-powered walk-behind blowers. For the highest air volume, you may want to have a look at the Billy Goat F1802SPV, which boasts with 2900 CFM.
As you can see from these interactive charts, the Southland SWB43170 is the cheapest of all gas walk-behind blowers.
It can therefore be a really good buy if you're looking to acquire a budget blower.
Southland manufactures gas-powered equipment for leaf maintenance, lawn care, agriculture, and more. Their goal is to provide sturdy, dependable, easy-to-operate products for a variety of outdoor needs. Southland is a brand name of the arm of Mat Engine Technologies, LLC and operates out of Long Grove, Illinois, USA.
The Southland SWB43170 is covered under a warranty for up to 2 years. This warranty may not cover all parts of the blower.
For more information about the warranty of Southland blowers, please contact the Southland Customer Support: 1-800-737-2112.
Questions & Answers
There are no questions yet. Ask the first question.