-No User ReviewsWrite a review
Features and Specifications
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
Overview of the Stihl BG 50
- Power: The Stihl BG 50 is a gas-powered leaf blower with a maximum air volume rating of 412 cubic feet per minute (CFM) and an air speed of 159 MPH.
- Handling: Being handheld, this blower has a good maneuverability and is meant to be easier to carry around over a small period of time. Among other gas-powered handheld leaf blowers, the Stihl BG 50 can be considered light, weighing only 7.9 lbs.
- Engine: The blower is fitted with a 27.2 cc engine. As you may or may not know, 2-stroke engines require a mixture of gasoline and oil in order to keep all the moving parts lubricated while fuelling the engine’s internal combustion. You can find the manufacturer’s specific gas/oil ratio in your user manual.
- Speed Settings: For those who are keen on having complete control while operating their leaf blower, the BG 50 offers variable speed settings.
- Noise: As far as gas-powered handheld blowers go, this one is average in terms of noise with a rating of 70 dB.
- Fuel Tank: Its tank can hold 14.5 fl. oz., so it falls squarely in the average in terms of fuel capacity.
The Stihl BG 50's performance versus other blowers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea how the key specs of the Stihl BG 50 compare with similar leaf blowers.
- Maxing out at 159 MPH at full power, this blower is on the lower end in terms of air speed for gas-powered handheld leaf blowers (the one expelling air at the fastest speed being the Poulan Pro PPBV25 with 230 MPH).
- Regarding its power, the airflow of the Stihl BG 50 can reach 412 CFM (Cubic Feet per Minute), which is on the low end for gas-powered handheld leaf blowers (the biggest expelled air volume belonging to the Troy-Bilt TB2MB JET with 650 CFM).
The bottom line
- Lightweight (7.9 lbs)
- Decent Tank (14.5 fl. oz.)
- Acceptable Noise (70 dB)
- Low CFM (412 CFM)
- Low MPH (159 MPH)
Where to buy the Stihl BG 50?
Stihl AG & Company KG was founded by Andreas Stihl in 1926. The German company specializes in handheld outdoor power equipment. Over the past fifty years, Stihl has opened manufacturing plants in Brazil, the United States, and China. The German company’s sure and steady expansion has made it a leading provider of in the lawn, forestry, and landscape maintenance industries.
Warranty InformationThe Stihl BG 50 is covered under a warranty for up to 2 years. This warranty may not cover all parts of the blower.
For more information about the warranty of Stihl blowers, please consult Stihl's warranty policies. Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-800-467-8445.