Features and Specifications
|CFM||Up to 412|
|MPH||Up to 159|
|Blowing Force||13 N|
|Engine Displacement||27.2 cc|
|Fuel Tank||14.5 fl. oz.|
|Noise Rating||70 dB|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue. Should you wish more detailed specs on the Stihl BG 50, the user manual is available here.
Overview of the Stihl BG 50
- Power: The Stihl BG 50 is a gas-powered leaf blower. It sports a max air speed of 159 MPH and a max air volume rating of 412 cubic feet per minute (CFM).
- Handling: For those who are looking for a portable and convenient leaf blower, this model is a strong candidate. It’s designed for easy handling and use, and its size means it’s easily carried and stored. When compared to other gas-powered handheld blowers, the Stihl BG 50 stands out due to its lower weight: just 7.9 lbs.
- Engine: The engine boasts a displacement of 27.2 cc. As you may or may not know, 2-stroke engines require a mixture of gasoline and oil in order to keep all the moving parts lubricated while fuelling the engine’s internal combustion. The fuel/oil ratio recommended by Stihl for the BG 50 is 50:1.
- Speed Settings: Thanks to its variable speed settings, the Stihl BG 50 allows precise control of the air output.
- Noise: With a decibel rating of 70 dB, the BG 50 is neither louder nor quieter than its rivals in the gas-powered handheld category.
- Fuel Tank: Its tank can hold 14.5 fl. oz., so it falls squarely in the average in terms of fuel capacity.
The Stihl BG 50's performance versus other blowers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea how the key specs of the Stihl BG 50 compare with similar leaf blowers.
- Upon exiting the nozzle, the air can reach speeds of up to 159 MPH, which is on the lower end for gas-powered handheld blowers (the one expelling air at the fastest speed being the Poulan Pro PPBV25 with 230 MPH).
- It has a maximum air volume output of 412 CFM (cubic feet per minute). With this output rating, the BG 50 is well within average in relation to similar gas-powered handheld leaf blowers (the biggest expelled air volume belonging to the Troy-Bilt TB2MB JET with 650 CFM).
Here's a list of the most popular specific comparisons:
The bottom line
- Lightweight (7.9 lbs)
- Decent Tank (14.5 fl. oz.)
- Acceptable Noise (70 dB)
- Decent CFM (412 CFM)
- Low MPH (159 MPH)
Stihl AG & Company KG was founded by Andreas Stihl in 1926. The German company specializes in handheld outdoor power equipment. Over the past fifty years, Stihl has opened manufacturing plants in Brazil, the United States, and China. The German company’s sure and steady expansion has made it a leading provider of in the lawn, forestry, and landscape maintenance industries.
The Stihl BG 50 is covered under a warranty for up to 2 years. This warranty may not cover all parts of the blower.
For more information about the warranty of Stihl blowers, please consult Stihl's warranty policies. Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-800-467-8445.
Questions & Answers
There are no questions yet. Ask the first question.