The Stihl BG 50 is a gas-powered handheld leaf blower delivering 412 CFM at 159 MPH. It features a 2-cycle 27.2 cc engine. (Read full specs)
Features and Specifications
|CFM||Up to 412|
|MPH||Up to 159|
|Blowing Force||13 N|
|Engine displacement||27.2 cc|
|Fuel tank||14.5 fl. oz.|
|Noise rating||70 dB|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue. Should you wish more detailed specs on the Stihl BG 50, the user manual is available here (opens in a new tab).
Overview of the Stihl BG 50
- Power: The Stihl BG 50 is a gas-powered blower with a maximum air volume rating of 412 cubic feet per minute (CFM) and an air speed of 159 MPH.
- Handling: For those who are looking for a portable and convenient leaf blower, this model is a strong candidate. It’s designed for easy handling and use, and its size means it’s easily carried and stored. When compared to other gas-powered handheld blowers, the Stihl BG 50 stands out due to its lower weight: just 7.9 lbs.
- Engine: This blower's engine has a displacement specification of 27.2 cc. Being that this is a 2-stroke engine, it must be fuelled using a mix of gas and oil. The proper fuel ratio set by the manufacturer for the BG 50 is 50:1.
- Speed Settings: Thanks to its variable speed settings, the Stihl BG 50 allows precise control of the air output.
- Noise: Its noise rating of 70 dB can be considered the standard for similar gas-powered handheld blowers.
- Fuel Tank: It has an average fuel capacity, with a tank able to hold around 14.5 fl. oz of fuel.
The Stihl BG 50's performance versus other blowers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea how the key specs of the Stihl BG 50 compare with similar leaf blowers.
- Air expelled from the nozzle of this blower can reach 159 MPH. When compared to others of this type, the BG 50 has a lower air speed than most gas-powered handheld blowers (the one expelling air at the fastest speed being the Poulan Pro PPBV25 with 230 MPH).
- The BG 50 is average in terms of air volume. It's rated at 412 CFM, which is common for gas-powered handheld blowers (the biggest expelled air volume belonging to the Troy-Bilt TB2MB JET with 650 CFM).
Here's a list of the most popular specific comparisons:
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other gas handheld blowers, the Stihl BG 50 is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this blower nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of product.
Stihl AG & Company KG was founded by Andreas Stihl in 1926. The German company specializes in handheld outdoor power equipment. Over the past fifty years, Stihl has opened manufacturing plants in Brazil, the United States, and China. The German company’s sure and steady expansion has made it a leading provider of in the lawn, forestry, and landscape maintenance industries.
The Stihl BG 50 is covered under a warranty for up to 2 years. This warranty may not cover all parts of the blower.
For more information about the warranty of Stihl blowers, please consult Stihl's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-800-467-8445.
Questions & Answers
There are no questions yet. Ask the first question.