-No User ReviewsWrite a review
Features and Specifications
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
Overview of the Stihl BG 56 C-E
- Power: The BG 56 C-E gas-powered leaf blower, manufactured by Stihl, is rated for a max air volume of 412 cubic feet per minute (CFM) and a max air speed of 159 MPH.
- Handling: With its handheld design, this leaf blower was created with portability in mind. Most users will have no problem using it almost anywhere. Among other gas-powered handheld leaf blowers, the Stihl BG 56 C-E can be considered light, weighing only 9.3 lbs.
- Engine: This blower is fitted with a 27.2 cc 2-Mix engine. Please note that, because the Stihl BG 56 C-E’s engine is a 2-cycle one, it runs on a mixture of oil and gasoline. Your user manual includes details on the proper ratio. You can find more information about Stihl's 2-Mix engine technology below.
- Speed Settings: For those who are keen on having complete control while operating their leaf blower, the BG 56 C-E offers variable speed settings.
- Noise: As far as gas-powered handheld blowers go, this one is average in terms of noise with a rating of 70 dB.
- Fuel Tank: It has an average fuel capacity, with a tank able to hold around 18.3 fl. oz of fuel.
- Easy2Start™: The BG 56 C-E has the letter “E” in its name, which is Stihl’s indication that it benefits from Stihl’s proprietary Easy2Start™ technology. As the name suggests, this technology makes the starter mechanism more reliable thanks to an additional spring between the crankshaft and the starter rope. Upon pulling the starter rope, the engine will attempt to start regardless of how hard the rope was pulled – even a simple two-finger pull is sufficient to start it. Easy2Start™ allows the BG 56 C-E to be started with remarkably less effort than most other blowers.
The Stihl BG 56 C-E's performance versus other blowers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea how the key specs of the Stihl BG 56 C-E compare with similar leaf blowers.
- Maxing out at 159 MPH at full power, this blower is on the lower end in terms of air speed for gas-powered handheld leaf blowers (the one expelling air at the fastest speed being the Poulan Pro PPBV25 with 230 MPH).
- Its max air volume rating (412 cubic feet per minute) means it is really not the most powerful of gas-powered handheld leaf blowers (the biggest expelled air volume belonging to the Troy-Bilt TB2MB JET with 650 CFM).
2-Mix Engine Technology
Stihl's 2-Mix engine is a more eco-friendly and powerful approach to the traditional 2 stroke engine. It features what Stihl calls "stratified scavenging", which simply means that a layer of air is created between the combustion chamber and the crankcase. This action allows the engine to separate fresh fuel from the exhaust, which in turn minimizes the scavenging losses and eliminates the components of the mix that pose a health and environmental hazard (compliant with European Emissions Directive, Stage II). The 2-Mix engine offers a high torque over a wide speed range, a fuel consumption up to 20% lower than conventional 2-cycle engines, and fewer harmful emissions.
The bottom line
- Easy2Start™ Technology
- 2-Mix Engine
- Lightweight (9.3 lbs)
- Decent Tank (18.3 fl. oz.)
- Acceptable Noise (70 dB)
- Low CFM (412 CFM)
- Low MPH (159 MPH)
Stihl AG & Company KG was founded by Andreas Stihl in 1926. The German company specializes in handheld outdoor power equipment. Over the past fifty years, Stihl has opened manufacturing plants in Brazil, the United States, and China. The German company’s sure and steady expansion has made it a leading provider of in the lawn, forestry, and landscape maintenance industries.
Warranty InformationThe Stihl BG 56 C-E is covered under a warranty for up to 2 years. This warranty may not cover all parts of the blower.
For more information about the warranty of Stihl blowers, please consult Stihl's warranty policies. Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-800-467-8445