-No User ReviewsWrite a review
Features and Specifications
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
Overview of the Stihl BG 56 C-E
- Power: The Stihl BG 56 C-E is a gas-powered leaf blower. It sports a max air speed of 159 MPH and a max air volume rating of 412 cubic feet per minute (CFM).
- Handling: For those who are looking for a portable and convenient leaf blower, this model is a strong candidate. It’s designed for easy handling and use, and its size means it’s easily carried and stored. Among other gas-powered handheld leaf blowers, the Stihl BG 56 C-E can be considered light, weighing only 9.3 lbs.
- Engine: This blower's 2-Mix engine has a displacement specification of 27.2 cc. Being that this is a 2-stroke engine, it must be fuelled using a mix of gas and oil. The proper fuel mixture ratio can be found in your BG 56 C-E user manual. You can find more information about Stihl's 2-Mix engine technology below.
- Speed Settings: Thanks to its variable speed settings, the Stihl BG 56 C-E allows precise control of the air output.
- Noise: With a decibel rating of 70 dB, the BG 56 C-E is neither louder nor quieter than its rivals in the gas-powered handheld category.
- Fuel Tank: Its tank can hold 18.3 fl. oz., so it falls squarely in the average in terms of fuel capacity.
- Easy2Start™: The BG 56 C-E has the letter “E” in its name, which is Stihl’s indication that it benefits from Stihl’s proprietary Easy2Start™ (also called “ErgoStart”) technology. As the name suggests, this technology makes the starter mechanism more reliable thanks to an additional spring between the crankshaft and the starter rope. Upon pulling the starter rope, the engine will attempt to start regardless of how hard the rope was pulled – even a simple two-finger pull is sufficient to start it. Easy2Start™ allows the BG 56 C-E to be started with remarkably less effort than most other blowers.
The Stihl BG 56 C-E's performance versus other blowers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea how the key specs of the Stihl BG 56 C-E compare with similar leaf blowers.
- Air expelled from the nozzle of this blower can reach 159 MPH. When compared to others of this type, the BG 56 C-E has a lower air speed than most gas-powered handheld leaf blowers (the one expelling air at the fastest speed being the Poulan Pro PPBV25 with 230 MPH).
- Its max air volume rating (412 cubic feet per minute) means it is really not the most powerful of gas-powered handheld leaf blowers (the biggest expelled air volume belonging to the Troy-Bilt TB2MB JET with 650 CFM).
2-Mix Engine Technology
Stihl's 2-Mix engine is a more eco-friendly and powerful approach to the traditional 2 stroke engine. It features what Stihl calls "stratified scavenging", which simply means that a layer of air is created between the combustion chamber and the crankcase. This action allows the engine to separate fresh fuel from the exhaust, which in turn minimizes the scavenging losses and eliminates the components of the mix that pose a health and environmental hazard (compliant with European Emissions Directive, Stage II). The 2-Mix engine offers a high torque over a wide speed range, a fuel consumption up to 20% lower than conventional 2-cycle engines, and fewer harmful emissions.
The bottom line
- Easy2Start™ Technology
- 2-Mix Engine
- Lightweight (9.3 lbs)
- Decent Tank (18.3 fl. oz.)
- Acceptable Noise (70 dB)
- Low CFM (412 CFM)
- Low MPH (159 MPH)
Where to buy the Stihl BG 56 C-E?
Stihl AG & Company KG was founded by Andreas Stihl in 1926. The German company specializes in handheld outdoor power equipment. Over the past fifty years, Stihl has opened manufacturing plants in Brazil, the United States, and China. The German company’s sure and steady expansion has made it a leading provider of in the lawn, forestry, and landscape maintenance industries.
Warranty InformationThe Stihl BG 56 C-E is covered under a warranty for up to 2 years. This warranty may not cover all parts of the blower.
For more information about the warranty of Stihl blowers, please consult Stihl's warranty policies. Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-800-467-8445.