The Stihl BG 56 C-E is a 2-in-1 blower/vacuum delivering 412 CFM at 159 MPH. It features a 2-cycle 27.2cc engine. (Read full specs)
BG 56 C-E
SH 56 C-E
Features and Specifications
|Up to 412
|Up to 159
|18.3 fl. oz.
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue. Should you wish more detailed specs on the Stihl BG 56 C-E, the user manual is available here (opens in a new tab).
Overview of the Stihl BG 56 C-E
- Power: The BG 56 C-E, built by Stihl, is a gas-powered leaf blower capable of expelling a maximum air volume of 412 cubic feet per minute (CFM). Its air speed is rated at 159 MPH.
- Handling: For those who are looking for a portable and convenient leaf blower, this model is a strong candidate. It’s designed for easy handling and use, and its size means it’s easily carried and stored. When compared to other gas-powered handheld blowers, the Stihl BG 56 C-E stands out due to its lower weight: just 9.3 lbs.
- Engine: Its 2-Mix engine boasts a displacement of 27.2cc. Please be aware that 2-cycle engines like this one require a mixture of gas and oil in order to run. For the Stihl BG 56 C-E, this ratio is 50:1. You can find more information about Stihl's 2-Mix engine technology below.
- Speed Settings: Sometimes you just need a little more power, while other times you may want a little more precision when moving leaves and debris. That’s why the BG 56 C-E features variable speed settings for added control.
- Vacuum: This unit isn’t just a blower—it has the added feature of being able to collect leaves and soft debris into a handy storage bag (vacuum kit and bag not included).
- Noise: Its noise rating of 70 dB can be considered the standard for similar gas-powered handheld blowers.
- Fuel Tank: With a capacity of 18.3 fl. oz., this Stihl blower is average compared to other gas handheld blowers.
- Easy2Start™: The BG 56 C-E has the letter “E” in its name, which is Stihl’s indication that it benefits from Stihl’s proprietary Easy2Start™ (also called “ErgoStart”) technology. As the name suggests, this technology makes the starter mechanism more reliable thanks to an additional spring between the crankshaft and the starter rope. Upon pulling the starter rope, the engine will attempt to start regardless of how hard the rope was pulled – even a simple two-finger pull is sufficient to start it. Easy2Start™ allows the BG 56 C-E to be started with remarkably less effort than most other blowers.
The Stihl BG 56 C-E's performance versus other blowers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea how the key specs of the Stihl BG 56 C-E compare with similar leaf blowers.
- Air expelled from the nozzle of this blower can reach 159 MPH. When compared to others of this type, the BG 56 C-E has a lower air speed than most gas-powered handheld blowers. For the fastest air speed in this category, you may want to consider the Craftsman BV2500, which can expell air at a velocity that can reach 250 MPH.
- It’s capable of expelling a maximum air volume of 412 CFM (cubic feet per minute). This places it at the low end compared to other gas-powered handheld blowers. For the highest air volume, you may want to have a look at the Craftsman B225, which boasts with 650 CFM.
Here's a list of the most popular specific comparisons:
As you can see from these interactive charts, when compared to other blower vacs, the Stihl BG 56 C-E is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this blower nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of product.
2-Mix Engine Technology
Stihl's 2-Mix engine is a more eco-friendly and powerful approach to the traditional 2-stroke engine. It features what Stihl calls "stratified scavenging", which simply means that a layer of air is created between the combustion chamber and the crankcase. This action allows the engine to separate fresh fuel from the exhaust, which in turn minimizes the scavenging losses and eliminates the components of the mix that pose a health and environmental hazard (compliant with European Emissions Directive, Stage II). The 2-Mix engine offers a high torque over a wide speed range, a fuel consumption up to 20% lower than conventional 2-cycle engines, and fewer harmful emissions.
Stihl AG & Company KG was founded by Andreas Stihl in 1926. The German company specializes in handheld outdoor power equipment. Over the past fifty years, Stihl has opened manufacturing plants in Brazil, the United States, and China. The German company’s sure and steady expansion has made it a leading provider of in the lawn, forestry, and landscape maintenance industries.
The Stihl BG 56 C-E is covered under a warranty for up to 2 years. This warranty may not cover all parts of the blower.
For more information about the warranty of Stihl blowers, please consult Stihl's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-800-467-8445.
Questions & Answers
There are no questions yet. Ask the first question.