The Stihl BG 66 L is a gas-powered handheld leaf blower delivering 371 CFM at 115 MPH. It features a 2-cycle 27.2 cc engine. (Read full specs)
Features and Specifications
|CFM||Up to 371|
|MPH||Up to 115|
|Blowing Force||10 N|
|Engine displacement||27.2 cc|
|Fuel tank||18.3 fl. oz.|
|Noise rating||65 dB|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue. Should you wish more detailed specs on the Stihl BG 66 L, the user manual is available here (opens in a new tab).
Overview of the Stihl BG 66 L
- Power: The BG 66 L, built by Stihl, is a gas-powered leaf blower capable of expelling a maximum air volume of 371 cubic feet per minute (CFM). Its air speed is rated at 115 MPH.
- Handling: Being handheld, this blower has a good maneuverability and is meant to be easier to carry around over a small period of time. All told, it weighs 9.7 lbs — the Stihl BG 66 L is neither the lightest nor the heaviest gas-powered handheld blower on the market.
- Engine: This blower's engine has a displacement specification of 27.2 cc. As you may or may not know, 2-stroke engines require a mixture of gasoline and oil in order to keep all the moving parts lubricated while fuelling the engine’s internal combustion. The fuel/oil ratio recommended by Stihl for the BG 66 L is 50:1.
- Speed Settings: For those who are keen on having complete control while operating their leaf blower, the BG 66 L offers variable speed settings.
- Noise: Its noise rating of 65 dB can be considered the standard for similar gas-powered handheld blowers.
- Fuel Tank: With a capacity of 18.3 fl. oz., this Stihl blower is average when compared to other gas handheld blowers.
The Stihl BG 66 L's performance versus other blowers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea how the key specs of the Stihl BG 66 L compare with similar leaf blowers.
- Maxing out at 115 MPH at full power, this blower is on the lower end in terms of air speed for gas-powered handheld blowers (the one expelling air at the fastest speed being the Poulan Pro PPBV25 with 230 MPH).
- As this unit is rated at 371 CFM (cubic feet per minute), it expells less air than most gas-powered handheld blowers (the biggest expelled air volume belonging to the Troy-Bilt TB2MB JET with 650 CFM).
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other gas handheld blowers, the Stihl BG 66 L is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this blower nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of product.
Stihl AG & Company KG was founded by Andreas Stihl in 1926. The German company specializes in handheld outdoor power equipment. Over the past fifty years, Stihl has opened manufacturing plants in Brazil, the United States, and China. The German company’s sure and steady expansion has made it a leading provider of in the lawn, forestry, and landscape maintenance industries.
The Stihl BG 66 L is covered under a warranty for up to 2 years. This warranty may not cover all parts of the blower.
For more information about the warranty of Stihl blowers, please consult Stihl's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-800-467-8445.
Questions & Answers
There are no questions yet. Ask the first question.