-No User ReviewsWrite a review
Features and Specifications
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
Overview of the Stihl BG 66 L
- Power: The Stihl BG 66 L is a gas-powered leaf blower with a maximum air volume rating of 371 cubic feet per minute (CFM) and an air speed of 115 MPH.
- Handling: Being handheld, this blower has a good maneuverability and is meant to be easier to carry around over a small period of time. When compared to other gas-powered handheld leaf blowers, the Stihl BG 66 L stands out due to its lower weight: just 9.7 lbs.
- Engine: The engine boasts a displacement of 27.2 cc. Since this is a 2-stroke engine, it’s important to remember that the BG 66 L cannot run on gasoline alone. The fuel must be mixed with an appropriate ratio of gasoline and oil in order for it to function properly (see your user’s manual for details).
- Speed Settings: In order to afford more control to the user, this unit has a variable speed control. No matter the size of the job, the user can adjust the airflow of the Stihl BG 66 L to match.
- Noise: As far as gas-powered handheld blowers go, this one is average in terms of noise with a rating of 65 dB.
- Fuel Tank: Its tank can hold 18.3 fl. oz., so it falls squarely in the average in terms of fuel capacity.
The Stihl BG 66 L's performance versus other blowers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea how the key specs of the Stihl BG 66 L compare with similar leaf blowers.
- The air speed of the Stihl BG 66 L maxes out at 115 MPH. While more than adequate for many jobs, its air speed is below average among other gas-powered handheld leaf blowers (the one expelling air at the fastest speed being the Poulan Pro PPBV25 with 230 MPH).
- As this unit is rated at 371 CFM (cubic feet per minute), it is less powerful than most gas-powered handheld leaf blowers (the biggest expelled air volume belonging to the Troy-Bilt TB2MB JET with 650 CFM).
The bottom line
- Lightweight (9.7 lbs)
- Decent Tank (18.3 fl. oz.)
- Acceptable Noise (65 dB)
- Low CFM (371 CFM)
- Low MPH (115 MPH)
Stihl AG & Company KG was founded by Andreas Stihl in 1926. The German company specializes in handheld outdoor power equipment. Over the past fifty years, Stihl has opened manufacturing plants in Brazil, the United States, and China. The German company’s sure and steady expansion has made it a leading provider of in the lawn, forestry, and landscape maintenance industries.
Warranty InformationThe Stihl BG 66 L is covered under a warranty for up to 2 years. This warranty may not cover all parts of the blower.
For more information about the warranty of Stihl blowers, please consult Stihl's warranty policies. Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-800-467-8445