The Stihl BG 66 L is a 2-in-1 blower/vacuum delivering 371 CFM at 115 MPH. It features a 2-cycle 27.2cc engine. (Read full specs)
Features and Specifications
|CFM||Up to 371|
|MPH||Up to 115|
|Blowing Force||10 N|
|Fuel tank||18.3 fl. oz.|
|Noise rating||65 dB|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue. Should you wish more detailed specs on the Stihl BG 66 L, the user manual is available here (opens in a new tab).
Overview of the Stihl BG 66 L
- Power: The BG 66 L gas-powered blower, manufactured by Stihl, is rated for a max air volume of 371 cubic feet per minute (CFM) and a max air speed of 115 MPH.
- Handling: It’s handheld, so naturally it’s easier to handle and carry than larger leaf blowers, such as backpack models or walk-behinds. All told, it weighs 9.7 lbs — the Stihl BG 66 L is neither the lightest nor the heaviest gas-powered handheld blower on the market.
- Engine: The engine boasts a displacement of 27.2cc. Being that this is a 2-stroke engine, it must be fuelled using a mix of gas and oil. The proper fuel ratio set by the manufacturer for the BG 66 L is 50:1.
- Speed Settings: For those who are keen on having complete control while operating their leaf blower, the BG 66 L offers variable speed settings.
- Vacuum: The BG 66 L is also what is known as a 'blower vac'. Those who don’t wish to blow leaves and debris away can switch to its vacuum setting and suck them into a collection bag (vacuum kit and bag not included).
- Noise: Its noise rating of 65 dB can be considered the standard for similar gas-powered handheld blowers.
- Fuel Tank: With a capacity of 18.3 fl. oz., this Stihl blower is average compared to other gas handheld blowers.
The Stihl BG 66 L's performance versus other blowers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea how the key specs of the Stihl BG 66 L compare with similar leaf blowers.
- Upon exiting the nozzle, the air can reach speeds of up to 115 MPH, which is on the lower end for gas-powered handheld blowers. For the fastest air speed in this category, you may want to consider the Craftsman BV2500, which can expell air at a velocity that can reach 250 MPH.
- Regarding its air volume, the airflow of the Stihl BG 66 L can reach 371 CFM (Cubic Feet per Minute), which is on the low end for gas-powered handheld blowers. For the highest air volume, you may want to have a look at the Craftsman B225, which boasts with 650 CFM.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other blower vacs, the Stihl BG 66 L is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this blower nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of product.
Stihl AG & Company KG was founded by Andreas Stihl in 1926. The German company specializes in handheld outdoor power equipment. Over the past fifty years, Stihl has opened manufacturing plants in Brazil, the United States, and China. The German company’s sure and steady expansion has made it a leading provider of in the lawn, forestry, and landscape maintenance industries.
The Stihl BG 66 L is covered under a warranty for up to 2 years. This warranty may not cover all parts of the blower.
For more information about the warranty of Stihl blowers, please consult Stihl's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-800-467-8445.
Questions & Answers
There are no questions yet. Ask the first question.