Features and Specifications
|CFM||Up to 371|
|MPH||Up to 115|
|Blowing Force||10 N|
|Engine Displacement||27.2 cc|
|Fuel Tank||18.3 fl. oz.|
|Noise Rating||65 dB|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue. Should you wish more detailed specs on the Stihl BG 66 L, the user manual is available here.
Overview of the Stihl BG 66 L
- Power: The BG 66 L gas-powered blower, manufactured by Stihl, is rated for a max air volume of 371 cubic feet per minute (CFM) and a max air speed of 115 MPH.
- Handling: It’s handheld, so naturally it’s easier to handle and carry than larger leaf blowers, such as backpack models or walk-behinds. At 9.7 lbs, the Stihl BG 66 L is within the average weight range of gas-powered handheld blowers.
- Engine: The engine boasts a displacement of 27.2 cc. Since this is a 2-stroke engine, it’s important to remember that the BG 66 L cannot run on gasoline alone. The fuel must be mixed with an appropriate ratio of gasoline and oil in order for it to function properly (for this Stihl model, this ratio is 50:1).
- Speed Settings: For those who are keen on having complete control while operating their leaf blower, the BG 66 L offers variable speed settings.
- Noise: Its noise rating of 65 dB can be considered the standard for similar gas-powered handheld blowers.
- Fuel Tank: With a capacity of 18.3 fl. oz., this Stihl blower is average when compared to other gas-powered handheld leaf blowers.
The Stihl BG 66 L's performance versus other blowers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea how the key specs of the Stihl BG 66 L compare with similar leaf blowers.
- Upon exiting the nozzle, the air can reach speeds of up to 115 MPH, which is on the lower end for gas-powered handheld blowers (the one expelling air at the fastest speed being the Poulan Pro PPBV25 with 230 MPH).
- Regarding its air volume, the airflow of the Stihl BG 66 L can reach 371 CFM (Cubic Feet per Minute), which is on the low end for gas-powered handheld leaf blowers (the biggest expelled air volume belonging to the Troy-Bilt TB2MB JET with 650 CFM).
The bottom line
- Decent Tank (18.3 fl. oz.)
- Acceptable Noise (65 dB)
- Decent Weight (9.7 lbs)
- Low CFM (371 CFM)
- Low MPH (115 MPH)
Stihl AG & Company KG was founded by Andreas Stihl in 1926. The German company specializes in handheld outdoor power equipment. Over the past fifty years, Stihl has opened manufacturing plants in Brazil, the United States, and China. The German company’s sure and steady expansion has made it a leading provider of in the lawn, forestry, and landscape maintenance industries.
The Stihl BG 66 L is covered under a warranty for up to 2 years. This warranty may not cover all parts of the blower.
For more information about the warranty of Stihl blowers, please consult Stihl's warranty policies. Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-800-467-8445.
Questions & Answers
There are no questions yet. Ask the first question.