The Stihl BG 66 L is a gas-powered handheld leaf blower delivering 371 CFM at 115 MPH. It features a 2-cycle 27.2 cc engine. (Read full specs)
Features and Specifications
|CFM||Up to 371|
|MPH||Up to 115|
|Blowing Force||10 N|
|Engine displacement||27.2 cc|
|Fuel tank||18.3 fl. oz.|
|Noise rating||65 dB|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue. Should you wish more detailed specs on the Stihl BG 66 L, the user manual is available here (opens in a new tab).
Overview of the Stihl BG 66 L
- Power: The Stihl BG 66 L is a gas-powered blower with a maximum air volume rating of 371 cubic feet per minute (CFM) and an air speed of 115 MPH.
- Handling: For those who are looking for a portable and convenient leaf blower, this model is a strong candidate. It’s designed for easy handling and use, and its size means it’s easily carried and stored. All told, it weighs 9.7 lbs — the Stihl BG 66 L is neither the lightest nor the heaviest gas-powered handheld blower on the market.
- Engine: This blower's engine has a displacement specification of 27.2 cc. Please note that, because the Stihl BG 66 L's engine is a 2-cycle one, it runs on a mixture of oil and gasoline. According to Stihl, the proper fuel mixture ratio for this blower is 50:1.
- Speed Settings: Thanks to its variable speed settings, the Stihl BG 66 L allows precise control of the air output.
- Noise: With a decibel rating of 65 dB, the BG 66 L is neither louder nor quieter than its rivals in the gas-powered handheld category.
- Fuel Tank: With a capacity of 18.3 fl. oz., this Stihl blower is average compared to other gas handheld blowers.
The Stihl BG 66 L's performance versus other blowers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea how the key specs of the Stihl BG 66 L compare with similar leaf blowers.
- The air speed of the Stihl BG 66 L maxes out at 115 MPH. While more than adequate for many jobs, its air speed is below average among other gas-powered handheld blowers. For the fastest air speed in this category, you may want to consider the Craftsman BV2500, which can expell air at a velocity that can reach 250 MPH.
- As this unit is rated at 371 CFM (cubic feet per minute), it expells less air than most gas-powered handheld blowers. For the highest air volume, you may want to have a look at the Craftsman B225, which boasts with 650 CFM.
Stihl AG & Company KG was founded by Andreas Stihl in 1926. The German company specializes in handheld outdoor power equipment. Over the past fifty years, Stihl has opened manufacturing plants in Brazil, the United States, and China. The German company’s sure and steady expansion has made it a leading provider of in the lawn, forestry, and landscape maintenance industries.
The Stihl BG 66 L is covered under a warranty for up to 2 years. This warranty may not cover all parts of the blower.
For more information about the warranty of Stihl blowers, please consult Stihl's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-800-467-8445.
Questions & Answers
There are no questions yet. Ask the first question.