-No User ReviewsWrite a review
Features and Specifications
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
Overview of the Stihl BG 86
- Power: The BG 86 gas-powered leaf blower, manufactured by Stihl, is rated for a max air volume of 444 cubic feet per minute (CFM) and a max air speed of 190 MPH.
- Handling: For those who are looking for a portable and convenient leaf blower, this model is a strong candidate. It’s designed for easy handling and use, and its size means it’s easily carried and stored. When compared to other gas-powered handheld leaf blowers, the Stihl BG 86 stands out due to its lower weight: just 9.7 lbs.
- Engine: This blower is fitted with a 27.2 cc 2-MIX engine. Since this is a 2-stroke engine, it’s important to remember that the BG 86 cannot run on gasoline alone. The fuel must be mixed with an appropriate ratio of gasoline and oil in order for it to function properly (see your user’s manual for details).
- Speed Settings: For those who are keen on having complete control while operating their leaf blower, the BG 86 offers variable speed settings.
- Noise: With a noise rating of 70 dB, this blower can be considered the standard for similar gas-powered handheld blowers.
- Fuel Tank: It has an average fuel capacity, with a tank able to hold around 14.9 fl. oz of fuel.
The Stihl BG 86's performance versus other blowers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea how the key specs of the Stihl BG 86 compare with similar leaf blowers.
- Forced air exiting this blower has been clocked at a max speed of 190 MPH. This puts the BG 86 ahead of the pack as far as air speed is concerned in gas-powered handheld leaf blowers (the one expelling air at the fastest speed being the Poulan Pro PPBV25 with 230 MPH).
- Regarding its power, the airflow of the Stihl BG 86 can reach 444 CFM (Cubic Feet per Minute), which is on par with other gas-powered handheld leaf blowers (the biggest expelled air volume belonging to the Troy-Bilt TB2MB JET with 650 CFM).
The bottom line
- Lightweight (9.7 lbs)
- High MPH (190 MPH)
- Decent Tank (14.9 fl. oz.)
- Acceptable Noise (70 dB)
- Decent CFM (444 CFM)
Stihl AG & Company KG was founded by Andreas Stihl in 1926. The German company specializes in handheld outdoor power equipment. Over the past fifty years, Stihl has opened manufacturing plants in Brazil, the United States, and China. The German company’s sure and steady expansion has made it a leading provider of in the lawn, forestry, and landscape maintenance industries.
Warranty InformationThe Stihl BG 86 is covered under a warranty for up to 2 years. This warranty may not cover all parts of the blower.
For more information about the warranty of Stihl blowers, please consult Stihl's warranty policies. Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-800-467-8445