The Stihl BG 86 is a gas-powered handheld leaf blower delivering 444 CFM at 190 MPH. It features a 2-cycle 27.2 cc engine. (Read full specs)
Features and Specifications
|CFM||Up to 444|
|MPH||Up to 190|
|Blowing Force||15 N|
|Engine displacement||27.2 cc|
|Fuel tank||14.9 fl. oz.|
|Noise rating||70 dB|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue. Should you wish more detailed specs on the Stihl BG 86, the user manual is available here (opens in a new tab).
Overview of the Stihl BG 86
- Power: The Stihl BG 86 is a gas-powered blower with a maximum air volume rating of 444 cubic feet per minute (CFM) and an air speed of 190 MPH.
- Handling: Being handheld, this blower has a good maneuverability and is meant to be easier to carry around over a small period of time. All told, it weighs 9.7 lbs — the Stihl BG 86 is neither the lightest nor the heaviest gas-powered handheld blower on the market.
- Engine: This blower's 2-MIX engine has a displacement specification of 27.2 cc. Please note that, because the Stihl BG 86’s engine is a 2-cycle one, it runs on a mixture of oil and gasoline. According to Stihl, the proper fuel mixture ratio for this blower is 50:1.
- Speed Settings: Thanks to its variable speed settings, the Stihl BG 86 allows precise control of the air output.
- Noise: As far as gas-powered handheld blowers go, this one is average in terms of noise with a rating of 70 dB.
- Fuel Tank: Its tank can hold 14.9 fl. oz., so it falls squarely in the average in terms of fuel capacity.
The Stihl BG 86's performance versus other blowers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea how the key specs of the Stihl BG 86 compare with similar leaf blowers.
- It can push air from the nozzle at 190 MPH, which puts it ahead of its class in terms of air speed for gas-powered handheld blowers (the one expelling air at the fastest speed being the Poulan Pro PPBV25 with 230 MPH).
- Regarding its air volume, the airflow of the Stihl BG 86 can reach 444 CFM (Cubic Feet per Minute), which is on par with other gas-powered handheld blowers (the biggest expelled air volume belonging to the Troy-Bilt TB2MB JET with 650 CFM).
Here's a list of the most popular specific comparisons:
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other gas handheld blowers, the Stihl BG 86 is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this blower nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of product.
Stihl AG & Company KG was founded by Andreas Stihl in 1926. The German company specializes in handheld outdoor power equipment. Over the past fifty years, Stihl has opened manufacturing plants in Brazil, the United States, and China. The German company’s sure and steady expansion has made it a leading provider of in the lawn, forestry, and landscape maintenance industries.
The Stihl BG 86 is covered under a warranty for up to 2 years. This warranty may not cover all parts of the blower.
For more information about the warranty of Stihl blowers, please consult Stihl's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-800-467-8445.
Questions & Answers
There are no questions yet. Ask the first question.