Features and Specifications
|CFM||Up to 444|
|MPH||Up to 190|
|Blowing Force||15 N|
|Engine Displacement||27.2 cc|
|Fuel Tank||14.9 fl. oz.|
|Noise Rating||70 dB|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue. Should you wish more detailed specs on the Stihl BG 86, the user manual is available here.
Overview of the Stihl BG 86
- Power: The BG 86, built by Stihl, is a gas-powered leaf blower capable of expelling a maximum air volume of 444 cubic feet per minute (CFM). Its air speed is rated at 190 MPH.
- Handling: Being handheld, this blower has a good maneuverability and is meant to be easier to carry around over a small period of time. All told, it weighs 9.7 lbs — the Stihl BG 86 is neither the lightest nor the heaviest gas-powered handheld blower on the market.
- Engine: This blower is fitted with a 27.2 cc 2-MIX engine. Please note that, because the Stihl BG 86’s engine is a 2-cycle one, it runs on a mixture of oil and gasoline. According to Stihl, the proper fuel mixture ratio for this blower is 50:1.
- Speed Settings: Thanks to its variable speed settings, the Stihl BG 86 allows precise control of the air output.
- Noise: As far as gas-powered handheld blowers go, this one is average in terms of noise with a rating of 70 dB.
- Fuel Tank: It has an average fuel capacity, with a tank able to hold around 14.9 fl. oz of fuel.
The Stihl BG 86's performance versus other blowers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea how the key specs of the Stihl BG 86 compare with similar leaf blowers.
- Upon exiting the nozzle, the air can reach speeds of up to 190 MPH, which is rather impressive for gas-powered handheld blowers (the one expelling air at the fastest speed being the Poulan Pro PPBV25 with 230 MPH).
- Regarding its air volume, the airflow of the Stihl BG 86 can reach 444 CFM (Cubic Feet per Minute), which is on par with other gas-powered handheld leaf blowers (the biggest expelled air volume belonging to the Troy-Bilt TB2MB JET with 650 CFM).
Here's a list of the most popular specific comparisons:
The bottom line
- High MPH (190 MPH)
- Decent Tank (14.9 fl. oz.)
- Acceptable Noise (70 dB)
- Decent Weight (9.7 lbs)
- Decent CFM (444 CFM)
Stihl AG & Company KG was founded by Andreas Stihl in 1926. The German company specializes in handheld outdoor power equipment. Over the past fifty years, Stihl has opened manufacturing plants in Brazil, the United States, and China. The German company’s sure and steady expansion has made it a leading provider of in the lawn, forestry, and landscape maintenance industries.
The Stihl BG 86 is covered under a warranty for up to 2 years. This warranty may not cover all parts of the blower.
For more information about the warranty of Stihl blowers, please consult Stihl's warranty policies. Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-800-467-8445.
Questions & Answers
There are no questions yet. Ask the first question.