Features and Specifications
|CFM||Up to 444|
|MPH||Up to 190|
|Blowing Force||15 N|
|Engine Displacement||27.2 cc|
|Fuel Tank||14.9 fl. oz.|
|Noise Rating||70 dB|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue. Should you wish more detailed specs on the Stihl BG 86, the user manual is available here.
Overview of the Stihl BG 86
- Power: The Stihl BG 86 is a gas-powered leaf blower. It sports a max air speed of 190 MPH and a max air volume rating of 444 cubic feet per minute (CFM).
- Handling: Being handheld, this blower has a good maneuverability and is meant to be easier to carry around over a small period of time. At 9.7 lbs, the Stihl BG 86 is within the average weight range of gas-powered handheld blowers.
- Engine: This blower is fitted with a 27.2 cc 2-MIX engine. Please be aware that 2-cycle engines like this one require a mixture of gas and oil in order to run. For the Stihl BG 86, this ratio is 50:1.
- Speed Settings: In order to afford more control to the user, this unit has a variable speed control. No matter the size of the job, the user can adjust the airflow of the Stihl BG 86 to match.
- Noise: As far as gas-powered handheld blowers go, this one is average in terms of noise with a rating of 70 dB.
- Fuel Tank: With a capacity of 14.9 fl. oz., this Stihl blower is average when compared to other gas-powered handheld leaf blowers.
The Stihl BG 86's performance versus other blowers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea how the key specs of the Stihl BG 86 compare with similar leaf blowers.
- It can push air from the nozzle at 190 MPH, which puts it ahead of its class in terms of air speed for gas-powered handheld blowers (the one expelling air at the fastest speed being the Poulan Pro PPBV25 with 230 MPH).
- It has a maximum air volume output of 444 CFM (cubic feet per minute). With this output rating, the BG 86 is well within average in relation to similar gas-powered handheld leaf blowers (the biggest expelled air volume belonging to the Troy-Bilt TB2MB JET with 650 CFM).
Here's a list of the most popular specific comparisons:
The bottom line
- High MPH (190 MPH)
- Decent Tank (14.9 fl. oz.)
- Acceptable Noise (70 dB)
- Decent Weight (9.7 lbs)
- Decent CFM (444 CFM)
Where to buy the Stihl BG 86?
Stihl AG & Company KG was founded by Andreas Stihl in 1926. The German company specializes in handheld outdoor power equipment. Over the past fifty years, Stihl has opened manufacturing plants in Brazil, the United States, and China. The German company’s sure and steady expansion has made it a leading provider of in the lawn, forestry, and landscape maintenance industries.
The Stihl BG 86 is covered under a warranty for up to 2 years. This warranty may not cover all parts of the blower.
For more information about the warranty of Stihl blowers, please consult Stihl's warranty policies. Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-800-467-8445.
Questions & Answers
There are no questions yet. Ask the first question.