Features and Specifications
|CFM||Up to 444|
|MPH||Up to 190|
|Blowing Force||15 N|
|Engine Displacement||27.2 cc|
|Fuel Tank||14.9 fl. oz.|
|Noise Rating||70 dB|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue. Should you wish more detailed specs on the Stihl BG 86, the user manual is available here.
Overview of the Stihl BG 86
- Power: The BG 86 gas-powered blower, manufactured by Stihl, is rated for a max air volume of 444 cubic feet per minute (CFM) and a max air speed of 190 MPH.
- Handling: It’s handheld, so naturally it’s easier to handle and carry than larger leaf blowers, such as backpack models or walk-behinds. All told, it weighs 9.7 lbs — the Stihl BG 86 is neither the lightest nor the heaviest gas-powered handheld blower on the market.
- Engine: Its 2-MIX engine boasts a displacement of 27.2 cc. Being that this is a 2-stroke engine, it must be fuelled using a mix of gas and oil. The proper fuel ratio set by the manufacturer for the BG 86 is 50:1.
- Speed Settings: Thanks to its variable speed settings, the Stihl BG 86 allows precise control of the air output.
- Noise: As far as gas-powered handheld blowers go, this one is average in terms of noise with a rating of 70 dB.
- Fuel Tank: Its tank can hold 14.9 fl. oz., so it falls squarely in the average in terms of fuel capacity.
The Stihl BG 86's performance versus other blowers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea how the key specs of the Stihl BG 86 compare with similar leaf blowers.
- Forced air exiting this blower has been clocked at a max speed of 190 MPH. This puts the BG 86 ahead of the pack as far as air speed is concerned in gas-powered handheld blowers (the one expelling air at the fastest speed being the Poulan Pro PPBV25 with 230 MPH).
- It has a maximum air volume output of 444 CFM (cubic feet per minute). With this output rating, the BG 86 is well within average in relation to similar gas-powered handheld leaf blowers (the biggest expelled air volume belonging to the Troy-Bilt TB2MB JET with 650 CFM).
Here's a list of the most popular specific comparisons:
The bottom line
- High MPH (190 MPH)
- Decent Tank (14.9 fl. oz.)
- Acceptable Noise (70 dB)
- Decent Weight (9.7 lbs)
- Decent CFM (444 CFM)
Where to buy the Stihl BG 86?
Stihl AG & Company KG was founded by Andreas Stihl in 1926. The German company specializes in handheld outdoor power equipment. Over the past fifty years, Stihl has opened manufacturing plants in Brazil, the United States, and China. The German company’s sure and steady expansion has made it a leading provider of in the lawn, forestry, and landscape maintenance industries.
The Stihl BG 86 is covered under a warranty for up to 2 years. This warranty may not cover all parts of the blower.
For more information about the warranty of Stihl blowers, please consult Stihl's warranty policies. Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-800-467-8445.
Questions & Answers
There are no questions yet. Ask the first question.