The Stihl BGA 100 is a cordless handheld leaf blower delivering 494 CFM at 168 MPH. It is powered by AP or AR (backpack-style) batteries. (Read full specs)
Features and Specifications
|CFM||Up to 494|
|MPH||Up to 168|
|Blowing Force||17 N|
|Battery||Li-ion - AR or AP|
|Autonomy||According to battery|
|Weight (tool only)||5.5 lbs|
|Noise rating||56 dB|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue. Should you wish more detailed specs on the Stihl BGA 100, the user manual is available here (opens in a new tab).
Overview of the Stihl BGA 100
- Power: This cordless leaf blower has a maximum air volume rating of 494 cubic feet per minute (CFM) and an air speed rating of 168 MPH.
- Power delivery: Stihl designed this unit and its brushless, battery-operated motor with top-of-the-food-chain maneuverability in mind. The BGA 100 doesn’t need to be plugged in, so you can take it anywhere easily.
- Battery: The Stihl BGA 100 works with Stihl's AR and AP batteries. AR batteries are the recommended ones, as they are backpack-style and allow to shift the battery weight from the unit to the back, with the help of a high-performance cable connecting system. The unit's runtime will therefore depend on the type of battery you choose. By default, the blower doesn't come with any battery or charger.
- Handling: For those who are looking for a portable and convenient leaf blower, this model is a strong candidate. It’s designed for easy handling and use, and its size means it’s easily carried and stored.
- Speed Settings: In order to afford more control to the user, this unit has a variable speed control. No matter the size of the job, the user can adjust the airflow of the Stihl BGA 100 to match.
- Noise: As far as electric handheld blowers go, this one is average in terms of noise with a rating of 56 dB.
The Stihl BGA 100's performance versus other blowers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea how the key specs of the Stihl BGA 100 compare with similar leaf blowers.
- Forced air exiting this blower has been clocked at a max speed of 168 MPH. This puts the BGA 100 ahead of the pack as far as air speed is concerned in battery-operated handheld blowers. If you wish to benefit from air expelled at the fastest possible speed, the Makita XBU01PT and its 208 MPH could be an option to consider.
- The BGA 100 is average in terms of air volume. It's rated at 494 CFM, which is common for cordless handheld blowers. If air volume is important to you, the CAT DG651, with 800 CFM, could be in your good books.
Here's a list of the most popular specific comparisons:
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other cordless blowers, the Stihl BGA 100 is on the expensive side of the price range.
While certainly not the cheapest of its kind, purchasing it could most likely also mean enjoying the reliability of a high-end product.
Stihl AG & Company KG was founded by Andreas Stihl in 1926. The German company specializes in handheld outdoor power equipment. Over the past fifty years, Stihl has opened manufacturing plants in Brazil, the United States, and China. The German company’s sure and steady expansion has made it a leading provider of in the lawn, forestry, and landscape maintenance industries.
The Stihl BGA 100 is covered under a warranty for up to 3 years. This warranty may not cover all parts of the blower.
For more information about the warranty of Stihl blowers, please consult Stihl's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-800-467-8445.
Questions & Answers
There are no questions yet. Ask the first question.