The Stihl BGA 100 is a cordless handheld leaf blower delivering 494 CFM at 168 MPH. It is powered by AP or AR (backpack-style) batteries. (Read full specs)
Features and Specifications
|CFM||Up to 494|
|MPH||Up to 168|
|Blowing Force||17 N|
|Battery||Li-ion - AR or AP|
|Autonomy||According to battery|
|Noise rating||56 dB|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue. Should you wish more detailed specs on the Stihl BGA 100, the user manual is available here (opens in a new tab).
Overview of the Stihl BGA 100
- Power: The Stihl BGA 100 is a cordless blower with a maximum air volume rating of 494 cubic feet per minute (CFM) and an air speed of 168 MPH.
- Power delivery: Since the device is powered by a brushless, battery-operated motor, it doesn’t require to be plugged in and therefore, it allows superb freedom of movement.
- Battery: The Stihl BGA 100 works with Stihl's AR and AP batteries. AR batteries are the recommended ones, as they are backpack-style and allow to shift the battery weight from the unit to the back, with the help of a high-performance cable connecting system. The unit's runtime will therefore depend on the type of battery you choose. By default, the blower doesn't come with any battery or charger.
- Handling: It’s handheld, so naturally it’s easier to handle and carry than larger leaf blowers, such as backpack models or walk-behinds. At 5.5 lbs, the Stihl BGA 100 is within the average weight range of cordless handheld blowers.
- Speed Settings: Sometimes you just need a little more power, while other times you may want a little more precision when moving leaves and debris. That’s why the BGA 100 features variable speed settings for added control.
- Noise: As far as electric handheld blowers go, this one is average in terms of noise with a rating of 56 dB.
The Stihl BGA 100's performance versus other blowers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea how the key specs of the Stihl BGA 100 compare with similar leaf blowers.
- Forced air exiting this blower has been clocked at a max speed of 168 MPH. This puts the BGA 100 ahead of the pack as far as air speed is concerned in battery-operated handheld blowers (the one expelling air at the fastest speed being the Makita XBU01PT with 208 MPH).
- Regarding its air volume, the Stihl BGA 100 boasts an impressive airflow that can reach 494 CFM (Cubic Foot per Minute). This places it amongst the most powerful of cordless handheld blowers (the biggest expelled air volume belonging to the Poulan Pro PRB675i with 675 CFM).
Here's a list of the most popular specific comparisons:
Stihl AG & Company KG was founded by Andreas Stihl in 1926. The German company specializes in handheld outdoor power equipment. Over the past fifty years, Stihl has opened manufacturing plants in Brazil, the United States, and China. The German company’s sure and steady expansion has made it a leading provider of in the lawn, forestry, and landscape maintenance industries.
The Stihl BGA 100 is covered under a warranty for up to 2 years. This warranty may not cover all parts of the blower.
For more information about the warranty of Stihl blowers, please consult Stihl's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-800-467-8445.
Questions & Answers
There are no questions yet. Ask the first question.