The Stihl BGA 100 is a cordless handheld leaf blower delivering 494 CFM at 168 MPH. It is powered by AP or AR (backpack-style) batteries. (Read full specs)
Features and Specifications
|CFM||Up to 494|
|MPH||Up to 168|
|Blowing Force||17 N|
|Battery||Li-ion - AR or AP|
|Autonomy||According to battery|
|Weight (tool only)||5.5 lbs|
|Noise rating||56 dB|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue. Should you wish more detailed specs on the Stihl BGA 100, the user manual is available here (opens in a new tab).
Overview of the Stihl BGA 100
- Power: The Stihl BGA 100 is a cordless blower with a maximum air volume rating of 494 cubic feet per minute (CFM) and an air speed of 168 MPH.
- Power delivery: If you don’t like dealing with cords, you will be delighted to know that this blower is equipped with a brushless, battery-operated motor.
- Battery: The Stihl BGA 100 is powered by an easy-to-recharge 29.3 Ah 36 V Li-ion battery (battery not included).
- Handling: Being handheld, this blower has a good maneuverability and is meant to be easier to carry around over a small period of time. The blower in its bare tool (no battery) version weighs 5.5 lbs — the Stihl BGA 100 is neither the lightest nor the heaviest cordless handheld blower on the market.
- Speed Settings: For those who are keen on having complete control while operating their leaf blower, the BGA 100 offers variable speed settings.
- Noise: As far as electric handheld blowers go, this one is average in terms of noise with a rating of 56 dB.
The Stihl BGA 100's performance versus other blowers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea how the key specs of the Stihl BGA 100 compare with similar leaf blowers.
- Upon exiting the nozzle, the air can reach speeds of up to 168 MPH, which is rather impressive for a battery-operated handheld blower between 36 and 48V. If you wish to benefit from air expelled at the fastest possible speed, the Makita XBU01PT and its 208 MPH could be an option to consider.
- It has a maximum air volume output of 494 CFM (cubic feet per minute). With this output rating, the BGA 100 is well within average in relation to similar cordless handheld blowers with a comparable voltage. If air volume is important to you, the Husqvarna 350iB, with 800 CFM, could be in your good books.
Here's a list of the most popular specific comparisons:
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other cordless blowers, the Stihl BGA 100 is on the expensive side of the price range.
While certainly not the cheapest of its kind, purchasing it could most likely also mean enjoying the reliability of a high-end product.
The bottom line
- Brushless motor
- High MPH (168 MPH)
- Decent weight (5.5 lbs)
- Acceptable noise (56 dB)
- Decent CFM (494 CFM)
- On the expensive side
- Battery not included
- No cruise control
Stihl AG & Company KG was founded by Andreas Stihl in 1926. The German company specializes in handheld outdoor power equipment. Over the past fifty years, Stihl has opened manufacturing plants in Brazil, the United States, and China. The German company’s sure and steady expansion has made it a leading provider of in the lawn, forestry, and landscape maintenance industries.
The Stihl BGA 100 is covered under a warranty for up to 3 years. This warranty may not cover all parts of the blower.
For more information about the warranty of Stihl blowers, please consult Stihl's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-800-467-8445.
Questions & Answers
There are no questions yet. Ask the first question.