The Stihl BGA 100 is a cordless handheld leaf blower delivering 494 CFM at 168 MPH. It is powered by AP or AR (backpack-style) batteries. (Read full specs)
Features and Specifications
|CFM||Up to 494|
|MPH||Up to 168|
|Blowing Force||17 N|
|Battery||Li-ion - AR or AP|
|Autonomy||According to battery|
|Noise rating||56 dB|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue. Should you wish more detailed specs on the Stihl BGA 100, the user manual is available here (opens in a new tab).
Overview of the Stihl BGA 100
- Power: The Stihl BGA 100 can force 494 cubic feet of air per minute (CFM) from its nozzle at a maximum speed of 168 MPH.
- Power delivery: Stihl designed this unit and its brushless, battery-operated motor with top-of-the-food-chain maneuverability in mind. The BGA 100 doesn’t need to be plugged in, so you can take it anywhere easily.
- Battery: The Stihl BGA 100 works with Stihl's AR and AP batteries. AR batteries are the recommended ones, as they are backpack-style and allow to shift the battery weight from the unit to the back, with the help of a high-performance cable connecting system. The unit's runtime will therefore depend on the type of battery you choose. By default, the blower doesn't come with any battery or charger.
- Handling: With its handheld design, this leaf blower was created with portability in mind. Most users will have no problem using it almost anywhere. When compared to other cordless handheld blowers, the Stihl BGA 100 stands out due to its lower weight: just 5.5 lbs.
- Speed Settings: For those who are keen on having complete control while operating their leaf blower, the BGA 100 offers variable speed settings.
- Noise: With a decibel rating of 56 dB, the BGA 100 is neither louder nor quieter than its rivals in the electric handheld category.
The Stihl BGA 100's performance versus other blowers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea how the key specs of the Stihl BGA 100 compare with similar leaf blowers.
- Forced air exiting this blower has been clocked at a max speed of 168 MPH. This puts the BGA 100 ahead of the pack as far as air speed is concerned in battery-operated handheld blowers. If you wish to benefit from air expelled at the fastest possible speed, the Makita XBU01PT and its 208 MPH could be an option to consider.
- The BGA 100 is powerful, with an airflow rating of 494 CFM (cubic feet per minute). This is certainly on the high end compared to other cordless handheld blowers. If air volume is important to you, the Ryobi RY404100, with 730 CFM, could be in your good books.
Here's a list of the most popular specific comparisons:
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other cordless blowers, the Stihl BGA 100 is on the expensive side of the price range.
While certainly not the cheapest of its kind, purchasing it could most likely also mean enjoying the reliability of a high-end product.
Stihl AG & Company KG was founded by Andreas Stihl in 1926. The German company specializes in handheld outdoor power equipment. Over the past fifty years, Stihl has opened manufacturing plants in Brazil, the United States, and China. The German company’s sure and steady expansion has made it a leading provider of in the lawn, forestry, and landscape maintenance industries.
The Stihl BGA 100 is covered under a warranty for up to 2 years. This warranty may not cover all parts of the blower.
For more information about the warranty of Stihl blowers, please consult Stihl's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-800-467-8445.
Questions & Answers
There are no questions yet. Ask the first question.