The Stihl BGA 200 is a cordless handheld leaf blower delivering 553 CFM at 188 MPH. It is powered by AP or AR (backpack-style) batteries. (Read full specs)
Features and Specifications
|CFM||Up to 553|
|MPH||Up to 188|
|Blowing Force||21 N|
|Battery||Li-ion - AR or AP|
|Autonomy||According to battery|
|Noise rating||59 dB|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue. Should you wish more detailed specs on the Stihl BGA 200, the user manual is available here (opens in a new tab).
Overview of the Stihl BGA 200
- Power: This cordless leaf blower has a maximum air volume rating of 553 cubic feet per minute (CFM) and an air speed rating of 188 MPH.
- Power delivery: The BGA 200 is a battery-operated unit, so it doesn’t need to be plugged in during use. Users will enjoy the added mobility of its cordless design.
- Battery: The Stihl BGA 200 works with Stihl's AR and AP batteries. AR batteries are the recommended ones, as they are backpack-style and allow to shift the battery weight from the unit to the back, with the help of a high-performance cable connecting system. The unit's runtime will therefore depend on the type of battery you choose. By default, the blower doesn't come with any battery or charger.
- Handling: With its handheld design, this leaf blower was created with portability in mind. Most users will have no problem using it almost anywhere. All told, it weighs 7.1 lbs — the Stihl BGA 200 is neither the lightest nor the heaviest cordless handheld blower on the market.
- Speed Settings: There are times when you only need a little more power, while other times you will want a bit more precision when clearing leaves and debris. For this purpose, the BGA 200 offers variable speed settings, adding you, the user, more control, and a cruise control mode, which will allow you to maintain it comfortably for as long as you wish.
- Noise: Its noise rating of 59 dB can be considered the standard for similar electric handheld blowers.
The Stihl BGA 200's performance versus other blowers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea how the key specs of the Stihl BGA 200 compare with similar leaf blowers.
- It can push air from the nozzle at 188 MPH, which puts it ahead of its class in terms of air speed for battery-operated handheld blowers (the one expelling air at the fastest speed being the Makita XBU01PT with 208 MPH).
- The BGA 200 is powerful, with an airflow rating of 553 CFM (cubic feet per minute). This is certainly on the high end compared to other cordless handheld blowers (the biggest expelled air volume belonging to the Poulan Pro PRB675i with 675 CFM).
Stihl AG & Company KG was founded by Andreas Stihl in 1926. The German company specializes in handheld outdoor power equipment. Over the past fifty years, Stihl has opened manufacturing plants in Brazil, the United States, and China. The German company’s sure and steady expansion has made it a leading provider of in the lawn, forestry, and landscape maintenance industries.
The Stihl BGA 200 is covered under a warranty for up to 2 years. This warranty may not cover all parts of the blower.
For more information about the warranty of Stihl blowers, please consult Stihl's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-800-467-8445.
Questions & Answers
There are no questions yet. Ask the first question.