The Stihl BGA 200 is a cordless handheld leaf blower delivering 553 CFM at 188 MPH. It is powered by AP or AR (backpack-style) batteries. (Read full specs)
Features and Specifications
|CFM||Up to 553|
|MPH||Up to 188|
|Blowing Force||21 N|
|Battery||Li-ion - AR or AP|
|Autonomy||According to battery|
|Noise rating||59 dB|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue. Should you wish more detailed specs on the Stihl BGA 200, the user manual is available here (opens in a new tab).
Overview of the Stihl BGA 200
- Power: The Stihl BGA 200 is a cordless blower with a maximum air volume rating of 553 cubic feet per minute (CFM) and an air speed of 188 MPH.
- Power delivery: Stihl designed this battery-operated unit with total mobility in mind. The BGA 200 only needs to be plugged in when it is charging, so users can take it almost anywhere.
- Battery: The Stihl BGA 200 works with Stihl's AR and AP batteries. AR batteries are the recommended ones, as they are backpack-style and allow to shift the battery weight from the unit to the back, with the help of a high-performance cable connecting system. The unit's runtime will therefore depend on the type of battery you choose. By default, the blower doesn't come with any battery or charger.
- Handling: Being handheld, this blower has a good maneuverability and is meant to be easier to carry around over a small period of time. At 7.1 lbs, the Stihl BGA 200 is within the average weight range of cordless handheld blowers.
- Speed Settings: For those who wish to have complete control while operating their leaf blower, the BGA 200 offers variable speed settings, and moreover, is also equipped with cruise control, which allows the user to comfortably continue blowing at their preferred setting.
- Noise: With a decibel rating of 59 dB, the BGA 200 is neither louder nor quieter than its rivals in the electric handheld category.
The Stihl BGA 200's performance versus other blowers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea how the key specs of the Stihl BGA 200 compare with similar leaf blowers.
- Air exiting the nozzle of this blower can reach 188 MPH, which is quite a bit faster than most battery-operated handheld blowers (the one expelling air at the fastest speed being the Makita XBU01PT with 208 MPH).
- If air volume is an important feature, the BGA 200 by Stihl will not disappoint. Its airflow maxes out at 553 CFM (cubic feet per minute), which is more powerful than most cordless handheld blowers (the biggest expelled air volume belonging to the Poulan Pro PRB675i with 675 CFM).
Stihl AG & Company KG was founded by Andreas Stihl in 1926. The German company specializes in handheld outdoor power equipment. Over the past fifty years, Stihl has opened manufacturing plants in Brazil, the United States, and China. The German company’s sure and steady expansion has made it a leading provider of in the lawn, forestry, and landscape maintenance industries.
The Stihl BGA 200 is covered under a warranty for up to 2 years. This warranty may not cover all parts of the blower.
For more information about the warranty of Stihl blowers, please consult Stihl's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-800-467-8445.
Questions & Answers
There are no questions yet. Ask the first question.