The Stihl BGA 300 is a cordless backpack leaf blower delivering 571 CFM at 192 MPH. It is powered by a 36V AR battery. (Read full specs)
Features and Specifications
|CFM||Up to 571|
|MPH||Up to 192|
|Blowing Force||26 N|
|Weight (tool only)||16.5 lbs|
|Noise rating||62 dB|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue. Should you wish more detailed specs on the Stihl BGA 300, the user manual is available here (opens in a new tab).
Overview of the Stihl BGA 300
- Power: This cordless leaf blower has a maximum air volume rating of 571 cubic feet per minute (CFM) and an air speed rating of 192 MPH.
- Power delivery: Stihl designed this unit and its brushless, battery-operated motor with top-of-the-food-chain maneuverability in mind. The BGA 300 doesn’t need to be plugged in, so you can take it anywhere easily.
- Battery: Its 41.2 Ah 36 V Li-ion battery (AR3000L battery not included) offers a maximum autonomy of 140 minutes on a full charge.
- Handling: By design, this model isn’t the smallest leaf blower on the market. It’s meant to be carried as a backpack so that the bulk of the unit is out of the way and the user’s hands are free to manipulate the nozzle. Its throttle is located on the tube, which allows you to keep your left hand free. However, for an electric backpack blower, the Stihl BGA 300 is heavier than most, weighing 16.5 lbs without any battery.
- Speed Settings: With 4 speed settings, this blower’s output can be set to meet the needs of jobs big or small.
- Noise: With a decibel rating of 62 dB, the BGA 300 is neither louder nor quieter than its rivals in the electric backpack category.
The Stihl BGA 300's performance versus other blowers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea how the key specs of the Stihl BGA 300 compare with backpack leaf blowers of similar voltage (between 36 and 40V).
- Air exiting the nozzle of this blower can reach 192 MPH, which is quite a bit faster than most battery-operated backpack blowers between 36 and 40V. If you wish to benefit from air expelled at the fastest possible speed, the Echo DPB-5800T and its 195 MPH could be an option to consider.
- As this unit is rated at 571 CFM (cubic feet per minute), it expells less air than most cordless backpack blowers with a comparable voltage. For the highest air volume, you may want to have a look at the Ryobi RY404170, which boasts with 730 CFM.
- The BGA 300 is within the average range for cordless backpack units that operate between 36 and 40V, offering up to 140 minutes of running time when fully charged. If autonomy is an important factor for you, the Makita CBU02Z can run for up to 240 minutes and could be worth considering.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other cordless backpack blowers, the Stihl BGA 300 is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this blower nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of product.
Stihl AG & Company KG was founded by Andreas Stihl in 1926. The German company specializes in handheld outdoor power equipment. Over the past fifty years, Stihl has opened manufacturing plants in Brazil, the United States, and China. The German company’s sure and steady expansion has made it a leading provider of in the lawn, forestry, and landscape maintenance industries.
The Stihl BGA 300 is covered under a warranty for up to 3 years. This warranty may not cover all parts of the blower.
For more information about the warranty of Stihl blowers, please consult Stihl's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-800-467-8445.
Questions & Answers
There are no questions yet. Ask the first question.