The Stihl BGA 300 is a cordless backpack leaf blower delivering 571 CFM at 192 MPH. It is powered by a 36V AR battery. (Read full specs)
Features and Specifications
|CFM||Up to 571|
|MPH||Up to 192|
|Blowing Force||26 N|
|Weight (tool only)||16.5 lbs|
|Noise rating||62 dB|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
Overview of the Stihl BGA 300
- Power: This cordless leaf blower has a maximum air volume rating of 571 cubic feet per minute (CFM) and an air speed rating of 192 MPH.
- Power delivery: Stihl designed this unit and its brushless, battery-operated motor with top-of-the-food-chain maneuverability in mind. The BGA 300 doesn’t need to be plugged in, so you can take it anywhere easily.
- Battery: Its 41.2 Ah 36 V Li-ion battery (AR3000L battery not included) offers a maximum autonomy of 140 minutes on a full charge.
- Handling: Like most backpack blowers, this model is technically heavier than a handheld. That being said, it can feel lighter and more comfortable because of the way it is carried, even when used over extended periods of time. Its throttle is located on the tube, which allows you to keep your left hand free. Be aware that, at 16.5 lbs the blower alone, the Stihl BGA 300 is on the heavier side of electric backpack blowers.
- Speed Settings: Not all jobs need full power. The BGA 300 has 4 speed settings so, you can blow more or less air from the blower depending on the job.
- Noise: Its noise rating of 62 dB can be considered the standard for similar electric backpack blowers.
The Stihl BGA 300's performance versus other blowers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea how the key specs of the Stihl BGA 300 compare with similar leaf blowers.
- It can push air from the nozzle at 192 MPH, which is the highest air speed you can currently obtain with a battery-operated backpack blower.
- Its max air volume rating (571 cubic feet per minute) means it is really not the biggest air producer of cordless backpack blowers. For the highest air volume, you may want to have a look at the EGO LBPX8004-2, which boasts with 800 CFM.
- The longevity of this model’s battery is notably higher than most cordless backpack units. It offers an autonomy of up to 140 minutes. If autonomy is an important factor for you, the Makita CBU02Z can run for up to 240 minutes and could be worth considering.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other cordless backpack blowers, the Stihl BGA 300 is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this blower nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of product.
The bottom line
- In the expected price range
- Brushless motor
- High MPH (192 MPH)
- Excellent autonomy (140 mins)
- Acceptable noise (62 dB)
- Quite heavy (16.5 lbs)
- Battery not included
- Low CFM (571 CFM)
Stihl AG & Company KG was founded by Andreas Stihl in 1926. The German company specializes in handheld outdoor power equipment. Over the past fifty years, Stihl has opened manufacturing plants in Brazil, the United States, and China. The German company’s sure and steady expansion has made it a leading provider of in the lawn, forestry, and landscape maintenance industries.
The Stihl BGA 300 is covered under a warranty for up to 3 years. This warranty may not cover all parts of the blower.
For more information about the warranty of Stihl blowers, please consult Stihl's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-800-467-8445.
Questions & Answers
There are no questions yet. Ask the first question.