Features and Specifications
|CFM||Up to 235|
|MPH||Up to 85|
|Blowing Force||9 N|
|Noise Rating||76 dB|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue. Should you wish more detailed specs on the Stihl BGA 45, the user manual is available here.
Overview of the Stihl BGA 45
- Power: The BGA 45 is a cordless blower made by Stihl. It has a maximum air speed of 85 MPH and its nozzle can expel a max air volume of 235 cubic feet per minute (CFM).
- Power delivery: Stihl designed this battery-operated unit with total mobility in mind. The BGA 45 only needs to be plugged in when it is charging, so users can take it almost anywhere.
- Battery: With its 2 Ah 18 V Li-ion battery, the Stihl BGA 45 has a standard, full-charge run time of up to 10 minutes.
- Handling: Being handheld, this blower has a good maneuverability and is meant to be easier to carry around over a small period of time. When compared to other cordless handheld blowers, the Stihl BGA 45 stands out due to its lower weight: just 4.4 lbs.
- Speed Settings: This unit is a one-speed leaf blower.
- Noise: Its noise rating of 76 dB can be considered the standard for similar electric handheld blowers.
The Stihl BGA 45's performance versus other blowers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea how the key specs of the Stihl BGA 45 compare with similar leaf blowers.
- Maxing out at 85 MPH at full power, this blower is on the lower end in terms of air speed for battery-operated handheld blowers (the one expelling air at the fastest speed being the Makita XBU01PT with 208 MPH).
- Regarding its air volume, the airflow of the Stihl BGA 45 can reach 235 CFM (Cubic Feet per Minute), which is on the low end for cordless handheld leaf blowers (the biggest expelled air volume belonging to the Poulan Pro PRB675i with 675 CFM).
- Autonomy-wise, with up to 10 minutes of autonomy on a full charge, the BGA 45 is on the low end when compared with other cordless handheld units (the one with the best autonomy being the EGO POWER+ 580 CFM LB5804 with up to 180 minutes of runtime).
The bottom line
- Lightweight (4.4 lbs)
- Acceptable Noise (76 dB)
- No Speed Variation
- Low CFM (235 CFM)
- Low MPH (85 MPH)
- Low autonomy (10 mins)
Stihl AG & Company KG was founded by Andreas Stihl in 1926. The German company specializes in handheld outdoor power equipment. Over the past fifty years, Stihl has opened manufacturing plants in Brazil, the United States, and China. The German company’s sure and steady expansion has made it a leading provider of in the lawn, forestry, and landscape maintenance industries.
The Stihl BGA 45 is covered under a warranty for up to 2 years. This warranty may not cover all parts of the blower.
For more information about the warranty of Stihl blowers, please consult Stihl's warranty policies. Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-800-467-8445.
Questions & Answers
There are no questions yet. Ask the first question.