Features and Specifications
|CFM||Up to 235|
|MPH||Up to 85|
|Blowing Force||9 N|
|Noise Rating||76 dB|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue. Should you wish more detailed specs on the Stihl BGA 45, the user manual is available here.
Overview of the Stihl BGA 45
- Power: The BGA 45 is blower made by Stihl. It has a maximum air speed of 85 MPH and its nozzle can expel a max air volume of 235 cubic feet per minute (CFM).
- Power delivery: Stihl designed this battery-operated unit with total mobility in mind. The BGA 45 only needs to be plugged in when it is charging, so users can take it almost anywhere.
- Battery: Its 2 Ah 18 V Li-ion battery (1 battery included) enables the blower to run for up to 10 minutes without needing to a recharge.
- Handling: Being handheld, this blower has a good maneuverability and is meant to be easier to carry around over a small period of time. When compared to other electric handheld leaf blowers, the Stihl BGA 45 stands out due to its lower weight: just 4.4 lbs.
- Speed Settings: The Stihl BGA 45 does not have multiple speed settings. Once the blower is turned on, it always operates at the same speed.
- Noise: As far as electric handheld blowers go, this one is average in terms of noise with a rating of 76 dB.
The Stihl BGA 45's performance versus other blowers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea how the key specs of the Stihl BGA 45 compare with similar leaf blowers.
- Air expelled from the nozzle of this blower can reach 85 MPH. When compared to others of this type, the BGA 45 has a lower air speed than most electric handheld leaf blowers (the one expelling air at the fastest speed being the Worx WG518 with 250 MPH).
- It’s capable of expelling a maximum air volume of 235 CFM (cubic feet per minute). This places it at the low end compared to other electric handheld leaf blowers (the biggest expelled air volume belonging to the Toro PowerJet™ F700 51624 with 725 CFM).
- Users can expect an autonomy of 10 minutes from its battery, which means the BGA 45 won't run as long as many other cordless handheld leaf blowers before needing to be plugged in (the one with the best autonomy being the EGO POWER+ 580 CFM LB5804 with up to 180 minutes of runtime).
The bottom line
- Lightweight (4.4 lbs)
- Acceptable Noise (76 dB)
- No Speed Variation
- Low CFM (235 CFM)
- Low MPH (85 MPH)
- Low Autonomy (10 mins)
Where to buy the Stihl BGA 45?
Stihl AG & Company KG was founded by Andreas Stihl in 1926. The German company specializes in handheld outdoor power equipment. Over the past fifty years, Stihl has opened manufacturing plants in Brazil, the United States, and China. The German company’s sure and steady expansion has made it a leading provider of in the lawn, forestry, and landscape maintenance industries.
Warranty InformationThe Stihl BGA 45 is covered under a warranty for up to 2 years. This warranty may not cover all parts of the blower.
For more information about the warranty of Stihl blowers, please consult Stihl's warranty policies. Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-800-467-8445.