The Stihl BGA 45 is a lightweight cordless handheld leaf blower delivering 247 CFM at 85 MPH. It features a 2 Ah 18 V Li-ion battery. (Read full specs)
Features and Specifications
|CFM||Up to 247|
|MPH||Up to 85|
|Blowing Force||5 N|
|Weight (w/ battery)||4.9 lbs|
|Weight (tool only)||4.9 lbs|
|Noise rating||60 dB|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue. Should you wish more detailed specs on the Stihl BGA 45, the user manual is available here (opens in a new tab).
Overview of the Stihl BGA 45
- Power: The Stihl BGA 45 is a cordless blower with a maximum air volume rating of 247 cubic feet per minute (CFM) and an air speed of 85 MPH.
- Power delivery: Stihl designed this unit and its brushless, battery-operated motor with top-of-the-food-chain maneuverability in mind. The BGA 45 doesn’t need to be plugged in, so you can take it anywhere easily.
- Battery: Its 2 Ah 18 V Li-ion battery is integrated into the unit and allows the user to operate the BGA 45 for an estimated 10 minutes on a full charge.
- Handling: Being handheld, this blower has a good maneuverability and is meant to be easier to carry around over a small period of time. When compared to other cordless handheld blowers, the Stihl BGA 45 stands out due to its lower weight: just 4.9 lbs battery included.
- Speed Settings: This unit is a one-speed leaf blower.
- Noise: As far as electric handheld blowers go, this one is average in terms of noise with a rating of 60 dB.
The Stihl BGA 45's performance versus other blowers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea how the key specs of the Stihl BGA 45 compare with similar leaf blowers.
- Upon exiting the nozzle, the air can reach speeds of up to 85 MPH, which is on the lower end for battery-operated handheld blowers. For the fastest air speed in this category, you may want to consider the Makita XBU01PT, which can expell air at a velocity that can reach 208 MPH.
- It’s capable of expelling a maximum air volume of 247 CFM (cubic feet per minute). This places it at the low end compared to other cordless handheld blowers. For the highest air volume, you may want to have a look at the Husqvarna 350iB, which boasts with 800 CFM.
- Users can expect a maximum autonomy of 10 minutes from its battery, which means the BGA 45 won't run as long as many other cordless handheld units before needing to be plugged in. To enjoy the best possible autonomy in this category, you could have a look at the Makita CBU01Z which offers up to 300 minutes of runtime.
Here's a list of the most popular specific comparisons:
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other cordless blowers, the Stihl BGA 45 is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this blower nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of product.
The bottom line
- In the expected price range
- Lightweight (4.9 lbs)
- Brushless motor
- Acceptable noise (60 dB)
- Integrated battery cannot be easily replaced
- No speed variation
- Low CFM (247 CFM)
- Low MPH (85 MPH)
- Low autonomy (10 mins)
Stihl AG & Company KG was founded by Andreas Stihl in 1926. The German company specializes in handheld outdoor power equipment. Over the past fifty years, Stihl has opened manufacturing plants in Brazil, the United States, and China. The German company’s sure and steady expansion has made it a leading provider of in the lawn, forestry, and landscape maintenance industries.
The Stihl BGA 45 is covered under a warranty for up to 3 years. This warranty may not cover all parts of the blower.
For more information about the warranty of Stihl blowers, please consult Stihl's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-800-467-8445.
Questions & Answers
Can you replace the battery? (Asked June 1, 2020)
The battery is integrated and cannot be removed from the blower. You'd have to take your unit to a Stihl service center.
Couldn't find the right answer for you? Ask your own question.
Stihl Bga 45 product is inferior, over price and poor quality.
Bad customer service.
I am very disappointed in this product! Especially that it’s manufactured by Stihl which is a good name in power tools. This is a very poorly manufactured product as after about 25 battery charges the battery will not take a charge and there is no way to replace the battery or to order one for replacement. A dealer has to be involved and the cost would be close to buying a new one. Sorry But I think this is a very poorly made product
I agree with all above, great while the battery works, but eventually won’t take a charge. Will be asking if Stihl will back their product now
Not worth the price. Good power for a battery unit but needs more amp hours. 10 minutes of run time barely clears a driveway, never mind leaves…
The BGA 45 blower is a poor purchase choice in my view. Does not hold a charge very long and once you have re charged it 50 times more or less, it becomes a paper weight. Unable to accept a charge and battery is not removeable. Poor buying decision on my part as I thought Stihl was a better product, something similar to the chain saw, but I am wrong.