The Stihl BGA 45 is a cordless handheld leaf blower delivering 235 CFM at 85 MPH. It features a 2 Ah 18 V Li-ion battery. (Read full specs)
Features and Specifications
|CFM||Up to 235|
|MPH||Up to 85|
|Blowing Force||5 N|
|Noise rating||60 dB|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue. Should you wish more detailed specs on the Stihl BGA 45, the user manual is available here (opens in a new tab).
Overview of the Stihl BGA 45
- Power: This cordless leaf blower has a maximum air volume rating of 235 cubic feet per minute (CFM) and an air speed rating of 85 MPH.
- Power delivery: Stihl designed this battery-operated unit with total mobility in mind. The BGA 45 only needs to be plugged in when it is charging, so users can take it almost anywhere.
- Battery: Its 2 Ah 18 V Li-ion battery (1 battery included) offers an autonomy of 10 minutes on a full charge.
- Handling: Being handheld, this blower has a good maneuverability and is meant to be easier to carry around over a small period of time. When compared to other cordless handheld blowers, the Stihl BGA 45 stands out due to its lower weight: just 4.4 lbs.
- Speed Settings: The Stihl BGA 45 does not have multiple speed settings. Once the blower is turned on, it always operates at the same speed.
- Noise: Its noise rating of 60 dB can be considered the standard for similar electric handheld blowers.
The Stihl BGA 45's performance versus other blowers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea how the key specs of the Stihl BGA 45 compare with similar leaf blowers.
- Maxing out at 85 MPH at full power, this blower is on the lower end in terms of air speed for battery-operated handheld blowers (the one expelling air at the fastest speed being the Makita XBU01PT with 208 MPH).
- As this unit is rated at 235 CFM (cubic feet per minute), it expells less air than most cordless handheld blowers (the biggest expelled air volume belonging to the Poulan Pro PRB675i with 675 CFM).
- Users can expect an autonomy of 10 minutes from its battery, which means the BGA 45 won't run as long as many other cordless handheld units before needing to be plugged in (the one with the best autonomy being the EGO POWER+ LBX6000 with up to 96 minutes of runtime).
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other cordless blowers, the Stihl BGA 45 is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this blower nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of product.
Stihl AG & Company KG was founded by Andreas Stihl in 1926. The German company specializes in handheld outdoor power equipment. Over the past fifty years, Stihl has opened manufacturing plants in Brazil, the United States, and China. The German company’s sure and steady expansion has made it a leading provider of in the lawn, forestry, and landscape maintenance industries.
The Stihl BGA 45 is covered under a warranty for up to 2 years. This warranty may not cover all parts of the blower.
For more information about the warranty of Stihl blowers, please consult Stihl's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-800-467-8445.
Questions & Answers
Can you replace the battery? (Asked Jun 01, 2020)
The battery is integrated and cannot be removed from the blower. You'd have to take your unit to a Stihl service center.
Couldn't find the right answer for you? Ask your own question.