The Stihl BGA 45 is a cordless handheld leaf blower delivering 247 CFM at 85 MPH. It features a 2 Ah 18 V Li-ion battery. (Read full specs)
Features and Specifications
|CFM||Up to 247|
|MPH||Up to 85|
|Blowing Force||5 N|
|Weight (w/ battery)||4.9 lbs|
|Weight (tool only)||4.9 lbs|
|Noise rating||60 dB|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue. Should you wish more detailed specs on the Stihl BGA 45, the user manual is available here (opens in a new tab).
Overview of the Stihl BGA 45
- Power: The Stihl BGA 45 can force 247 cubic feet of air per minute (CFM) from its nozzle at a maximum speed of 85 MPH.
- Power delivery: The BGA 45 is a brushless-motor, battery-operated blower. Therefore, it doesn’t require to be plugged in when it’s being used. The user will enjoy the added mobility of its cordless design.
- Battery: Its 2 Ah 18 V Li-ion battery is integrated into the unit and allows the user to operate the BGA 45 for an estimated 10 minutes on a full charge.
- Handling: It’s handheld, so naturally it’s easier to handle and carry than larger leaf blowers, such as backpack models or walk-behinds. Among other cordless handheld blowers, the Stihl BGA 45 can be considered light, weighing only 4.9 lbs, battery included.
- Speed Settings: The BGA 45 by Stihl has just one speed setting.
- Noise: Its noise rating of 60 dB can be considered the standard for similar electric handheld blowers.
The Stihl BGA 45's performance versus other blowers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea how the key specs of the Stihl BGA 45 compare with similar leaf blowers.
- Upon exiting the nozzle, the air can reach speeds of up to 85 MPH, which is on the lower end for battery-operated handheld blowers. For the fastest air speed in this category, you may want to consider the Makita XBU01PT, which can expell air at a velocity that can reach 208 MPH.
- It’s capable of expelling a maximum air volume of 247 CFM (cubic feet per minute). This places it at the low end compared to other cordless handheld blowers. For the highest air volume, you may want to have a look at the EGO LB7654, which boasts with 765 CFM.
- Autonomy-wise, with up to 10 minutes of autonomy on a full charge, the BGA 45 is on the low end when compared with other cordless handheld units. To enjoy the best possible autonomy in this category, you could have a look at the Toro 51822 which offers up to 140 minutes of runtime.
Here's a list of the most popular specific comparisons:
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other cordless blowers, the Stihl BGA 45 is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this blower nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of product.
Stihl AG & Company KG was founded by Andreas Stihl in 1926. The German company specializes in handheld outdoor power equipment. Over the past fifty years, Stihl has opened manufacturing plants in Brazil, the United States, and China. The German company’s sure and steady expansion has made it a leading provider of in the lawn, forestry, and landscape maintenance industries.
The Stihl BGA 45 is covered under a warranty for up to 2 years. This warranty may not cover all parts of the blower.
For more information about the warranty of Stihl blowers, please consult Stihl's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-800-467-8445.
Questions & Answers
Can you replace the battery? (Asked June 1, 2020)
The battery is integrated and cannot be removed from the blower. You'd have to take your unit to a Stihl service center.
Couldn't find the right answer for you? Ask your own question.