The Stihl BGA 45 is a lightweight cordless handheld leaf blower delivering 247 CFM at 85 MPH. It features a 2 Ah 18 V Li-ion battery. (Read full specs)
Features and Specifications
|CFM||Up to 247|
|MPH||Up to 85|
|Blowing Force||5 N|
|Weight (w/ battery)||4.9 lbs|
|Weight (tool only)||4.9 lbs|
|Noise rating||60 dB|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue. Should you wish more detailed specs on the Stihl BGA 45, the user manual is available here (opens in a new tab).
Overview of the Stihl BGA 45
- Power: The BGA 45 is a cordless blower made by Stihl. It has a maximum air speed of 85 MPH and its nozzle can expel a max air volume of 247 cubic feet per minute (CFM).
- Power delivery: The BGA 45 is a brushless-motor, battery-operated blower. Therefore, it doesn’t require to be plugged in when it’s being used. The user will enjoy the added mobility of its cordless design.
- Battery: Its 2 Ah 18 V Li-ion battery is integrated into the unit and allows the user to operate the BGA 45 for an estimated 10 minutes on a full charge.
- Handling: It’s handheld, so naturally it’s easier to handle and carry than larger leaf blowers, such as backpack models or walk-behinds. When compared to other cordless handheld blowers, the Stihl BGA 45 stands out due to its lower weight: just 4.9 lbs battery included.
- Speed Settings: This unit is a one-speed leaf blower.
- Noise: As far as electric handheld blowers go, this one is average in terms of noise with a rating of 60 dB.
The Stihl BGA 45's performance versus other blowers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea how the key specs of the Stihl BGA 45 compare with handheld leaf blowers of similar voltage (between 18 and 24V).
- Air expelled from the nozzle of this blower can reach 85 MPH. When compared to others of this type, the BGA 45 has a lower air speed than most battery-operated handheld blowers in the 18 and 24V range. For the fastest air speed in this category, you may want to consider the Makita XBU07SM1, which can expell air at a velocity that can reach 143 MPH.
- Its max air volume rating (247 cubic feet per minute) means it is really not the biggest air producer of cordless handheld blowers with a comparable voltage. For the highest air volume, you may want to have a look at the RIDGID R01601K, which boasts with 510 CFM.
- Users can expect a maximum autonomy of 10 minutes from its battery, which means the BGA 45 won't run as long as many other cordless handheld units before needing to be plugged in. To enjoy the best possible autonomy in this category, you could have a look at the Kobalt KHB 4224A-03 which offers up to 50 minutes of runtime.
Here's a list of the most popular specific comparisons:
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other cordless blowers, the Stihl BGA 45 is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this blower nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of product.
Stihl AG & Company KG was founded by Andreas Stihl in 1926. The German company specializes in handheld outdoor power equipment. Over the past fifty years, Stihl has opened manufacturing plants in Brazil, the United States, and China. The German company’s sure and steady expansion has made it a leading provider of in the lawn, forestry, and landscape maintenance industries.
The Stihl BGA 45 is covered under a warranty for up to 3 years. This warranty may not cover all parts of the blower.
For more information about the warranty of Stihl blowers, please consult Stihl's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-800-467-8445.
Questions & Answers
Can you replace the battery? (Asked June 1, 2020)
The battery is integrated and cannot be removed from the blower. You'd have to take your unit to a Stihl service center.
Couldn't find the right answer for you? Ask your own question.