Features and Specifications
|CFM||Up to 235|
|MPH||Up to 85|
|Blowing Force||9 N|
|Noise Rating||76 dB|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue. Should you wish more detailed specs on the Stihl BGA 45, the user manual is available here.
Overview of the Stihl BGA 45
- Power: The BGA 45 is blower made by Stihl. It has a maximum air speed of 85 MPH and its nozzle can expel a max air volume of 235 cubic feet per minute (CFM).
- Power delivery: The BGA 45 is a battery-operated unit, so it doesn’t need to be plugged in during use. Users will enjoy the added mobility of its cordless design.
- Battery: Its 2 Ah 18 V Li-ion battery (1 battery included) means that a user can operate the BGA 45 for an estimated 10 minutes on a full charge.
- Handling: For those who are looking for a portable and convenient leaf blower, this model is a strong candidate. It’s designed for easy handling and use, and its size means it’s easily carried and stored. When compared to other cordless handheld blowers, the Stihl BGA 45 stands out due to its lower weight: just 4.4 lbs.
- Speed Settings: As with similar models of its class, this leaf blower has just one operating speed.
- Noise: As far as electric handheld blowers go, this one is average in terms of noise with a rating of 76 dB.
The Stihl BGA 45's performance versus other blowers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea how the key specs of the Stihl BGA 45 compare with similar leaf blowers.
- Upon exiting the nozzle, the air can reach speeds of up to 85 MPH, which is on the lower end for battery-operated handheld blowers (the one expelling air at the fastest speed being the Makita XBU01PT with 208 MPH).
- It’s capable of expelling a maximum air volume of 235 CFM (cubic feet per minute). This places it at the low end compared to other cordless handheld leaf blowers (the biggest expelled air volume belonging to the Poulan Pro PRB675i with 675 CFM).
- Autonomy-wise, with up to 10 minutes of autonomy on a full charge, the BGA 45 is on the low end when compared with other cordless handheld units (the one with the best autonomy being the EGO POWER+ 580 CFM LB5804 with up to 180 minutes of runtime).
The bottom line
- Lightweight (4.4 lbs)
- Acceptable Noise (76 dB)
- No Speed Variation
- Low CFM (235 CFM)
- Low MPH (85 MPH)
- Low autonomy (10 mins)
Where to buy the Stihl BGA 45?
Stihl AG & Company KG was founded by Andreas Stihl in 1926. The German company specializes in handheld outdoor power equipment. Over the past fifty years, Stihl has opened manufacturing plants in Brazil, the United States, and China. The German company’s sure and steady expansion has made it a leading provider of in the lawn, forestry, and landscape maintenance industries.
The Stihl BGA 45 is covered under a warranty for up to 2 years. This warranty may not cover all parts of the blower.
For more information about the warranty of Stihl blowers, please consult Stihl's warranty policies. Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-800-467-8445.
Questions & Answers
There are no questions yet. Ask the first question.