The Stihl BGA 56 is a cordless handheld leaf blower delivering 353 CFM at 100 MPH. It is powered by a 36 V Li-ion battery. (Read full specs)
Features and Specifications
|CFM||Up to 353|
|MPH||Up to 100|
|Blowing Force||10 N|
|Weight (tool only)||4.6 lbs|
|Noise rating||79 dB|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue. Should you wish more detailed specs on the Stihl BGA 56, the user manual is available here (opens in a new tab).
Overview of the Stihl BGA 56
- Power: This cordless leaf blower has a maximum air volume rating of 353 cubic feet per minute (CFM) and an air speed rating of 100 MPH.
- Power delivery: Since the device is powered by a brushless, battery-operated motor, it doesn’t require to be plugged in and therefore, it allows superb freedom of movement.
- Battery: Its 2.8 Ah 36 V Li-ion battery (battery not included) enables the blower to run for up to 20 minutes without needing to recharge.
- Handling: For those who are looking for a portable and convenient leaf blower, this model is a strong candidate. It’s designed for easy handling and use, and its size means it’s easily carried and stored. The blower in its bare tool (no battery) version weighs 4.6 lbs — the Stihl BGA 56 is neither the lightest nor the heaviest cordless handheld blower on the market.
- Speed Settings: As with similar models of its class, this leaf blower has just one operating speed.
- Noise: Its noise rating of 79 dB can be considered the standard for similar electric handheld blowers.
The Stihl BGA 56's performance versus other blowers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea how the key specs of the Stihl BGA 56 compare with similar leaf blowers.
- Upon exiting the nozzle, the air can reach speeds of up to 100 MPH, which is on the lower end for battery-operated handheld blowers. For the fastest air speed in this category, you may want to consider the Makita XBU01PT, which can expell air at a velocity that can reach 208 MPH.
- It’s capable of expelling a maximum air volume of 353 CFM (cubic feet per minute). This places it at the low end compared to other cordless handheld blowers. For the highest air volume, you may want to have a look at the CAT DG651, which boasts with 800 CFM.
- Users can expect a maximum autonomy of 20 minutes from its battery, which means the BGA 56 won't run as long as many other cordless handheld units before needing to be plugged in. To enjoy the best possible autonomy in this category, you could have a look at the Makita CBU01Z which offers up to 300 minutes of runtime.
Here's a list of the most popular specific comparisons:
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other cordless blowers, the Stihl BGA 56 is on the cheap side of the price range.
It can therefore be a really good buy if you're looking to acquire a budget blower.Good to know: It's the cheapest Stihl blower.
Stihl AG & Company KG was founded by Andreas Stihl in 1926. The German company specializes in handheld outdoor power equipment. Over the past fifty years, Stihl has opened manufacturing plants in Brazil, the United States, and China. The German company’s sure and steady expansion has made it a leading provider of in the lawn, forestry, and landscape maintenance industries.
The Stihl BGA 56 is covered under a warranty for up to 3 years. This warranty may not cover all parts of the blower.
For more information about the warranty of Stihl blowers, please consult Stihl's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-800-467-8445.
Questions & Answers
There are no questions yet. Ask the first question.