Features and Specifications
|CFM||Up to 353|
|MPH||Up to 100|
|Blowing Force||10 N|
|Noise Rating||79 dB|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue. Should you wish more detailed specs on the Stihl BGA 56, the user manual is available here.
Overview of the Stihl BGA 56
- Power: The Stihl BGA 56 can force 353 cubic feet of air per minute (CFM) from its nozzle at a maximum speed of 100 MPH.
- Power delivery: Stihl designed this battery-operated unit with total mobility in mind. The BGA 56 only needs to be plugged in when it is charging, so users can take it almost anywhere.
- Battery: It has a 2.8 Ah 36 V Li-ion battery (1 battery included) that can work reliably for up to 20 minutes if completely charged.
- Handling: With its handheld design, this leaf blower was created with portability in mind. Most users will have no problem using it almost anywhere. At 7.3 lbs, the Stihl BGA 56 is within the average weight range of cordless handheld blowers.
- Speed Settings: This unit is a one-speed leaf blower.
- Noise: With a decibel rating of 79 dB, the BGA 56 is neither louder nor quieter than its rivals in the electric handheld category.
The Stihl BGA 56's performance versus other blowers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea how the key specs of the Stihl BGA 56 compare with similar leaf blowers.
- Maxing out at 100 MPH at full power, this blower is on the lower end in terms of air speed for battery-operated handheld blowers (the one expelling air at the fastest speed being the Makita XBU01PT with 208 MPH).
- It has a maximum air volume output of 353 CFM (cubic feet per minute). With this output rating, the BGA 56 is well within average in relation to similar cordless handheld leaf blowers (the biggest expelled air volume belonging to the Poulan Pro PRB675i with 675 CFM).
- Users can expect an autonomy of 20 minutes from its battery, which means the BGA 56 won't run as long as many other cordless handheld units before needing to be plugged in (the one with the best autonomy being the EGO POWER+ 580 CFM LB5804 with up to 180 minutes of runtime).
The bottom line
- Acceptable Noise (79 dB)
- Decent Weight (7.3 lbs)
- Decent CFM (353 CFM)
- No Speed Variation
- Low MPH (100 MPH)
- Low autonomy (20 mins)
Where to buy the Stihl BGA 56?
Stihl AG & Company KG was founded by Andreas Stihl in 1926. The German company specializes in handheld outdoor power equipment. Over the past fifty years, Stihl has opened manufacturing plants in Brazil, the United States, and China. The German company’s sure and steady expansion has made it a leading provider of in the lawn, forestry, and landscape maintenance industries.
Warranty InformationThe Stihl BGA 56 is covered under a warranty for up to 2 years. This warranty may not cover all parts of the blower.
For more information about the warranty of Stihl blowers, please consult Stihl's warranty policies. Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-800-467-8445.