Features and Specifications
|CFM||Up to 353|
|MPH||Up to 100|
|Blowing Force||10 N|
|Noise Rating||79 dB|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue. Should you wish more detailed specs on the Stihl BGA 56, the user manual is available here.
Overview of the Stihl BGA 56
- Power: The BGA 56 is a cordless blower made by Stihl. It has a maximum air speed of 100 MPH and its nozzle can expel a max air volume of 353 cubic feet per minute (CFM).
- Power delivery: The blower is battery-operated, so the operator won’t need to worry about getting tripped up by pesky cords when they’re busy getting work done.
- Battery: With its 2.8 Ah 36 V Li-ion battery, the Stihl BGA 56 has a standard, full-charge run time of up to 20 minutes.
- Handling: With its handheld design, this leaf blower was created with portability in mind. Most users will have no problem using it almost anywhere. All told, it weighs 7.3 lbs — the Stihl BGA 56 is neither the lightest nor the heaviest cordless handheld blower on the market.
- Speed Settings: This unit is a one-speed leaf blower.
- Noise: With a decibel rating of 79 dB, the BGA 56 is neither louder nor quieter than its rivals in the electric handheld category.
The Stihl BGA 56's performance versus other blowers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea how the key specs of the Stihl BGA 56 compare with similar leaf blowers.
- The air speed of the Stihl BGA 56 maxes out at 100 MPH. While more than adequate for many jobs, its air speed is below average among other battery-operated handheld blowers (the one expelling air at the fastest speed being the Makita XBU01PT with 208 MPH).
- Regarding its air volume, the airflow of the Stihl BGA 56 can reach 353 CFM (Cubic Feet per Minute), which is on par with other cordless handheld leaf blowers (the biggest expelled air volume belonging to the Poulan Pro PRB675i with 675 CFM).
- Users can expect an autonomy of 20 minutes from its battery, which means the BGA 56 won't run as long as many other cordless handheld units before needing to be plugged in (the one with the best autonomy being the EGO POWER+ 580 CFM LB5804 with up to 180 minutes of runtime).
Here's a list of the most popular specific comparisons:
The bottom line
- Acceptable Noise (79 dB)
- Decent Weight (7.3 lbs)
- Decent CFM (353 CFM)
- No Speed Variation
- Low MPH (100 MPH)
- Low autonomy (20 mins)
Where to buy the Stihl BGA 56?
Stihl AG & Company KG was founded by Andreas Stihl in 1926. The German company specializes in handheld outdoor power equipment. Over the past fifty years, Stihl has opened manufacturing plants in Brazil, the United States, and China. The German company’s sure and steady expansion has made it a leading provider of in the lawn, forestry, and landscape maintenance industries.
The Stihl BGA 56 is covered under a warranty for up to 2 years. This warranty may not cover all parts of the blower.
For more information about the warranty of Stihl blowers, please consult Stihl's warranty policies. Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-800-467-8445.
Questions & Answers
QI've been using my blower for several years and really enjoying the cordless freedom. Today when I insert a fully charged battery, it won't start. I have two batteries, both are fully charged (4 green lights), but neither can get the blower running. Any idea what I can try to get it to run? (Asked July 07, 2019)
AThis could be due to several things. We advise you to check our troubleshooting guide, section "Leaf blower won't start" -> "Electric blowers".
Couldn't find the right answer for you? Ask your own question.