-No User ReviewsWrite a review
Features and Specifications
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue. Should you wish more detailed specs on the Stihl BGA 56, the user manual is available here.
Overview of the Stihl BGA 56
- Power: This electric leaf blower has a maximum air volume rating of 353 cubic feet per minute (CFM) and an air speed rating of 100 MPH.
- Power delivery: Stihl designed this cordless unit with total mobility in mind. The BGA 56 only needs to be plugged in when it is charging, so users can take it almost anywhere.
- Battery: Its 2.8 Ah 36 V Li-ion battery (1 battery included) means that a user can operate the BGA 56 for an estimated 20 minutes on a full charge.
- Handling: For those who are looking for a portable and convenient leaf blower, this model is a strong candidate. It’s designed for easy handling and use, and its size means it’s easily carried and stored. All told, it weighs 7.3 lbs — the Stihl BGA 56 is neither the lightest nor the heaviest electric handheld leaf blower on the market.
- Speed Settings: As with similar models of its class, this leaf blower has just one operating speed.
- Noise: As far as electric handheld blowers go, this one is average in terms of noise with a rating of 79 dB.
The Stihl BGA 56's performance versus other blowers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea how the key specs of the Stihl BGA 56 compare with similar leaf blowers.
- Upon exiting the nozzle, the air can reach speeds of up to 100 MPH, which is on the lower end for electric handheld leaf blowers (the one expelling air at the fastest speed being the Worx WG518 with 250 MPH).
- Regarding its power, the airflow of the Stihl BGA 56 can reach 353 CFM (Cubic Feet per Minute), which is on par with other electric handheld leaf blowers (the biggest expelled air volume belonging to the Toro PowerJet™ F700 51624 with 725 CFM).
- Users can expect an autonomy of 20 minutes from its battery, which means the BGA 56 won't run as long as many other cordless handheld leaf blowers before needing to be plugged in (the one with the best autonomy being the EGO POWER+ 580 CFM LB5804 with up to 180 minutes of runtime).
The bottom line
- Acceptable Noise (79 dB)
- Decent Weight (7.3 lbs)
- Decent CFM (353 CFM)
- No Speed Variation
- Low MPH (100 MPH)
- Low Autonomy (20 mins)
Where to buy the Stihl BGA 56?
Stihl AG & Company KG was founded by Andreas Stihl in 1926. The German company specializes in handheld outdoor power equipment. Over the past fifty years, Stihl has opened manufacturing plants in Brazil, the United States, and China. The German company’s sure and steady expansion has made it a leading provider of in the lawn, forestry, and landscape maintenance industries.
Warranty InformationThe Stihl BGA 56 is covered under a warranty for up to 2 years. This warranty may not cover all parts of the blower.
For more information about the warranty of Stihl blowers, please consult Stihl's warranty policies. Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-800-467-8445.