The Stihl BGA 56 is a cordless handheld leaf blower delivering 353 CFM at 100 MPH. It is powered by a 2.8 Ah 36 V Li-ion battery. (Read full specs)
Features and Specifications
|CFM||Up to 353|
|MPH||Up to 100|
|Blowing Force||10 N|
|Noise rating||79 dB|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue. Should you wish more detailed specs on the Stihl BGA 56, the user manual is available here (opens in a new tab).
Overview of the Stihl BGA 56
- Power: This cordless leaf blower has a maximum air volume rating of 353 cubic feet per minute (CFM) and an air speed rating of 100 MPH.
- Power delivery: Stihl designed this unit and its brushless, battery-operated motor with top-of-the-food-chain maneuverability in mind. The BGA 56 doesn’t need to be plugged in, so you can take it anywhere easily.
- Battery: It has a 2.8 Ah 36 V Li-ion battery (battery not included) that can work reliably for up to 20 minutes if completely charged.
- Handling: Being handheld, this blower has a good maneuverability and is meant to be easier to carry around over a small period of time. However, for a cordless handheld blower, the Stihl BGA 56 is heavier than most, weighing 7.3 lbs.
- Speed Settings: The BGA 56 by Stihl has just one speed setting.
- Noise: Its noise rating of 79 dB can be considered the standard for similar electric handheld blowers.
The Stihl BGA 56's performance versus other blowers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea how the key specs of the Stihl BGA 56 compare with similar leaf blowers.
- Maxing out at 100 MPH at full power, this blower is on the lower end in terms of air speed for battery-operated handheld blowers (the one expelling air at the fastest speed being the Makita XBU01PT with 208 MPH).
- It has a maximum air volume output of 353 CFM (cubic feet per minute). With this output rating, the BGA 56 is well within average in relation to similar cordless handheld blowers (the biggest expelled air volume belonging to the Poulan Pro PRB675i with 675 CFM).
- Users can expect an autonomy of 20 minutes from its battery, which means the BGA 56 won't run as long as many other cordless handheld units before needing to be plugged in (the one with the best autonomy being the EGO POWER+ LBX6000 with up to 96 minutes of runtime).
Here's a list of the most popular specific comparisons:
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other cordless blowers, the Stihl BGA 56 is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this blower nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of product.
Stihl AG & Company KG was founded by Andreas Stihl in 1926. The German company specializes in handheld outdoor power equipment. Over the past fifty years, Stihl has opened manufacturing plants in Brazil, the United States, and China. The German company’s sure and steady expansion has made it a leading provider of in the lawn, forestry, and landscape maintenance industries.
The Stihl BGA 56 is covered under a warranty for up to 2 years. This warranty may not cover all parts of the blower.
For more information about the warranty of Stihl blowers, please consult Stihl's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-800-467-8445.
Questions & Answers
I've been using my blower for several years and really enjoying the cordless freedom. Today when I insert a fully charged battery, it won't start. I have two batteries, both are fully charged (4 green lights), but neither can get the blower running. Any idea what I can try to get it to run? (Asked July 07, 2019)
This could be due to several things. We advise you to check our troubleshooting guide, section "Leaf blower won't start" -> "Electric blowers".
How long to charge the battery? (Asked September 24, 2019)
The BGA 56 comes with a AK 20 battery and a AL 101 charger. According to this document (opens in a new tab), charging time will be 105 minutes for 80% charge and 150 minutes for 100% charge.
Where in Calgary can I get my BGA-56 serviced? (Asked May 23, 2020)
You may check for Stihl dealers near where you live in Canada here (opens in a new tab).
Couldn't find the right answer for you? Ask your own question.