The Stihl BGA 56 is a cordless handheld leaf blower delivering 353 CFM at 100 MPH. It is powered by a 36 V Li-ion battery. (Read full specs)
Features and Specifications
|CFM||Up to 353|
|MPH||Up to 100|
|Blowing Force||10 N|
|Weight (tool only)||4.6 lbs|
|Noise rating||79 dB|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue. Should you wish more detailed specs on the Stihl BGA 56, the user manual is available here (opens in a new tab).
Overview of the Stihl BGA 56
- Power: The Stihl BGA 56 is a cordless blower with a maximum air volume rating of 353 cubic feet per minute (CFM) and an air speed of 100 MPH.
- Power delivery: Stihl designed this unit and its brushless, battery-operated motor with top-of-the-food-chain maneuverability in mind. The BGA 56 doesn’t need to be plugged in, so you can take it anywhere easily.
- Battery: With its 2.8 Ah 36 V Li-ion battery (battery not included), the Stihl BGA 56 has a standard, full-charge run time of up to 20 minutes.
- Handling: It’s handheld, so naturally it’s easier to handle and carry than larger leaf blowers, such as backpack models or walk-behinds. The blower in its bare tool (no battery) version weighs 4.6 lbs — the Stihl BGA 56 is neither the lightest nor the heaviest cordless handheld blower on the market.
- Speed Settings: This unit is a one-speed leaf blower.
- Noise: With a decibel rating of 79 dB, the BGA 56 is neither louder nor quieter than its rivals in the electric handheld category.
The Stihl BGA 56's performance versus other blowers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea how the key specs of the Stihl BGA 56 compare with similar leaf blowers.
- Maxing out at 100 MPH at full power, this blower is on the lower end in terms of air speed for battery-operated handheld blowers. For the fastest air speed in this category, you may want to consider the Makita XBU01PT, which can expell air at a velocity that can reach 208 MPH.
- As this unit is rated at 353 CFM (cubic feet per minute), it expells less air than most cordless handheld blowers. For the highest air volume, you may want to have a look at the Husqvarna 350iB, which boasts with 800 CFM.
- Autonomy-wise, with up to 20 minutes of autonomy on a full charge, the BGA 56 is on the low end when compared with other cordless handheld units. To enjoy the best possible autonomy in this category, you could have a look at the Makita CBU01Z which offers up to 300 minutes of runtime.
Here's a list of the most popular specific comparisons:
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other cordless blowers, the Stihl BGA 56 is on the cheap side of the price range.
It can therefore be a really good buy if you're looking to acquire a budget blower.Good to know: It's the cheapest Stihl blower.
The bottom line
- Brushless motor
- Decent weight (4.6 lbs)
- Acceptable noise (79 dB)
- Battery not included
- No speed variation
- Low CFM (353 CFM)
- Low MPH (100 MPH)
- Low autonomy (20 mins)
Stihl AG & Company KG was founded by Andreas Stihl in 1926. The German company specializes in handheld outdoor power equipment. Over the past fifty years, Stihl has opened manufacturing plants in Brazil, the United States, and China. The German company’s sure and steady expansion has made it a leading provider of in the lawn, forestry, and landscape maintenance industries.
The Stihl BGA 56 is covered under a warranty for up to 3 years. This warranty may not cover all parts of the blower.
For more information about the warranty of Stihl blowers, please consult Stihl's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-800-467-8445.
Questions & Answers
There are no questions yet. Ask the first question.
Absolutely agree. Had one for 4 months and the motor died. Used it around a b+b once a week.
To replace the motor costs more than a new machine
Poor motor life. We purchased it three years ago and the motor has failed. It preformed good at first but now it is useless as it slows down and quits every time I use it. You bang it and it will work a bit but slow right down.