Features and Specifications
|CFM||Up to 353|
|MPH||Up to 100|
|Blowing Force||10 N|
|Noise Rating||79 dB|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue. Should you wish more detailed specs on the Stihl BGA 56, the user manual is available here.
Overview of the Stihl BGA 56
- Power: The Stihl BGA 56 is a cordless blower with a maximum air volume rating of 353 cubic feet per minute (CFM) and an air speed of 100 MPH.
- Power delivery: The blower is battery-operated, so the operator won’t need to worry about getting tripped up by pesky cords when they’re busy getting work done.
- Battery: With its 2.8 Ah 36 V Li-ion battery, the Stihl BGA 56 has a standard, full-charge run time of up to 20 minutes.
- Handling: Being handheld, this blower has a good maneuverability and is meant to be easier to carry around over a small period of time. At 7.3 lbs, the Stihl BGA 56 is within the average weight range of cordless handheld blowers.
- Speed Settings: The Stihl BGA 56 does not have multiple speed settings. Once the blower is turned on, it always operates at the same speed.
- Noise: As far as electric handheld blowers go, this one is average in terms of noise with a rating of 79 dB.
The Stihl BGA 56's performance versus other blowers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea how the key specs of the Stihl BGA 56 compare with similar leaf blowers.
- Maxing out at 100 MPH at full power, this blower is on the lower end in terms of air speed for battery-operated handheld blowers (the one expelling air at the fastest speed being the Makita XBU01PT with 208 MPH).
- The BGA 56 is average in terms of air volume. It's rated at 353 CFM, which is common for cordless handheld leaf blowers (the biggest expelled air volume belonging to the Poulan Pro PRB675i with 675 CFM).
- Autonomy-wise, with up to 20 minutes of autonomy on a full charge, the BGA 56 is on the low end when compared with other cordless handheld units (the one with the best autonomy being the EGO POWER+ 580 CFM LB5804 with up to 180 minutes of runtime).
Here's a list of the most popular specific comparisons:
The bottom line
- Acceptable Noise (79 dB)
- Decent Weight (7.3 lbs)
- Decent CFM (353 CFM)
- No Speed Variation
- Low MPH (100 MPH)
- Low autonomy (20 mins)
Stihl AG & Company KG was founded by Andreas Stihl in 1926. The German company specializes in handheld outdoor power equipment. Over the past fifty years, Stihl has opened manufacturing plants in Brazil, the United States, and China. The German company’s sure and steady expansion has made it a leading provider of in the lawn, forestry, and landscape maintenance industries.
The Stihl BGA 56 is covered under a warranty for up to 2 years. This warranty may not cover all parts of the blower.
For more information about the warranty of Stihl blowers, please consult Stihl's warranty policies. Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-800-467-8445.
Questions & Answers
QI've been using my blower for several years and really enjoying the cordless freedom. Today when I insert a fully charged battery, it won't start. I have two batteries, both are fully charged (4 green lights), but neither can get the blower running. Any idea what I can try to get it to run? (Asked July 07, 2019)
AThis could be due to several things. We advise you to check our troubleshooting guide, section "Leaf blower won't start" -> "Electric blowers".
QHow long to charge the battery? (Asked September 24, 2019)
AThe BGA 56 comes with a AK 20 battery and a AL 101 charger. According to this document, charging time will be 105 minutes for 80% charge and 150 minutes for 100% charge.
Couldn't find the right answer for you? Ask your own question.