The Stihl BGA 57 is a cordless handheld leaf blower delivering 365 CFM at 123 MPH. It is powered by a 36 V Li-ion battery. (Read full specs)
Features and Specifications
|CFM||Up to 365|
|MPH||Up to 123|
|Blowing Force||9 N|
|Weight (tool only)||5.1 lbs|
|Noise rating||64 dB|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue. Should you wish more detailed specs on the Stihl BGA 57, the user manual is available here (opens in a new tab).
Overview of the Stihl BGA 57
- Power: The BGA 57 is a cordless blower made by Stihl. It has a maximum air speed of 123 MPH and its nozzle can expel a max air volume of 365 cubic feet per minute (CFM).
- Power delivery: Stihl designed this unit and its brushless, battery-operated motor with top-of-the-food-chain maneuverability in mind. The BGA 57 doesn’t need to be plugged in, so you can take it anywhere easily.
- Battery: Its 2.8 Ah 36 V Li-ion battery (AK 20 battery not included) means that a user can operate the BGA 57 for an estimated 25 minutes on a full charge.
- Handling: With its handheld design, this leaf blower was created with portability in mind. Most users will have no problem using it almost anywhere. The blower in its bare tool (no battery) version weighs 5.1 lbs — the Stihl BGA 57 is neither the lightest nor the heaviest cordless handheld blower on the market.
- Speed Settings: The Stihl BGA 57 does not have multiple speed settings. Once the blower is turned on, it always operates at the same speed.
- Noise: Its noise rating of 64 dB can be considered the standard for similar electric handheld blowers.
The Stihl BGA 57's performance versus other blowers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea how the key specs of the Stihl BGA 57 compare with similar leaf blowers.
- The Stihl BGA 57 expels air at speeds up to 123 MPH, making it standard in terms of air speed for battery-operated handheld blowers. If you wish to benefit from air expelled at the fastest possible speed, the Makita XBU01PT and its 208 MPH could be an option to consider.
- Regarding its air volume, the airflow of the Stihl BGA 57 can reach 365 CFM (Cubic Feet per Minute), which is on the low end for cordless handheld blowers. For the highest air volume, you may want to have a look at the CAT DG651, which boasts with 800 CFM.
- Users can expect a maximum autonomy of 25 minutes from its battery, which means the BGA 57 won't run as long as many other cordless handheld units before needing to be plugged in. To enjoy the best possible autonomy in this category, you could have a look at the Toro 51822 which offers up to 140 minutes of runtime.
Here's a list of the most popular specific comparisons:
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other cordless blowers, the Stihl BGA 57 is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this blower nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of product.
Stihl AG & Company KG was founded by Andreas Stihl in 1926. The German company specializes in handheld outdoor power equipment. Over the past fifty years, Stihl has opened manufacturing plants in Brazil, the United States, and China. The German company’s sure and steady expansion has made it a leading provider of in the lawn, forestry, and landscape maintenance industries.
The Stihl BGA 57 is covered under a warranty for up to 3 years. This warranty may not cover all parts of the blower.
For more information about the warranty of Stihl blowers, please consult Stihl's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-800-467-8445.
Questions & Answers
There are no questions yet. Ask the first question.