The Stihl BGA 57 is a lightweight cordless handheld leaf blower delivering 365 CFM at 123 MPH. It is powered by a 36 V Li-ion battery. (Read full specs)
Features and Specifications
|Up to 365
|Up to 123
|Weight (tool only)
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue. Should you wish more detailed specs on the Stihl BGA 57, the user manual is available here (opens in a new tab).
Overview of the Stihl BGA 57
- Power: This cordless leaf blower has a maximum air volume rating of 365 cubic feet per minute (CFM) and an air speed rating of 123 MPH.
- Power delivery: Stihl designed this unit and its brushless, battery-operated motor with top-of-the-food-chain maneuverability in mind. The BGA 57 doesn’t need to be plugged in, so you can take it anywhere easily.
- Battery: Its 2.8 Ah 36 V Li-ion battery (AK 20 battery not included) offers a maximum autonomy of 25 minutes on a full charge.
- Handling: Being handheld, this blower has a good maneuverability and is meant to be easier to carry around over a small period of time. Among other cordless handheld blowers, the Stihl BGA 57 can be considered light, weighing only 5.1 lbs without a battery.
- Speed Settings: As with similar models of its class, this leaf blower has just one operating speed.
- Noise: As far as electric handheld blowers go, this one is average in terms of noise with a rating of 64 dB.
The Stihl BGA 57's performance versus other blowers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea how the key specs of the Stihl BGA 57 compare with handheld leaf blowers of similar voltage (between 36 and 48V).
- The air speed of the Stihl BGA 57 maxes out at 123 MPH. While more than adequate for many jobs, its air speed is below average among other battery-operated handheld blowers between 36 and 48V. For the fastest air speed in this category, you may want to consider the Makita XBU01PT, which can expell air at a velocity that can reach 208 MPH.
- Its max air volume rating (365 cubic feet per minute) means it is really not the biggest air producer of cordless handheld blowers with a comparable voltage. For the highest air volume, you may want to have a look at the Husqvarna 350iB, which boasts with 800 CFM.
- Users can expect a maximum autonomy of 25 minutes from its battery, which means the BGA 57 won't run as long as many other cordless handheld units before needing to be plugged in. To enjoy the best possible autonomy in this category, you could have a look at the Makita CBU01Z which offers up to 300 minutes of runtime.
Here's a list of the most popular specific comparisons:
As you can see from these interactive charts, when compared to other cordless blowers, the Stihl BGA 57 is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this blower nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of product.
Stihl AG & Company KG was founded by Andreas Stihl in 1926. The German company specializes in handheld outdoor power equipment. Over the past fifty years, Stihl has opened manufacturing plants in Brazil, the United States, and China. The German company’s sure and steady expansion has made it a leading provider of in the lawn, forestry, and landscape maintenance industries.
The Stihl BGA 57 is covered under a warranty for up to 3 years. This warranty may not cover all parts of the blower.
For more information about the warranty of Stihl blowers, please consult Stihl's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-800-467-8445.
Questions & Answers
There are no questions yet. Ask the first question.