The Stihl BGA 85 is a cordless handheld leaf blower delivering 391 CFM at 104 MPH. It features a 6 Ah 36 V Li-ion battery. (Read full specs)
Features and Specifications
|CFM||Up to 391|
|MPH||Up to 104|
|Blowing Force||10 N|
|Noise rating||64 dB|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue. Should you wish more detailed specs on the Stihl BGA 85, the user manual is available here (opens in a new tab).
Overview of the Stihl BGA 85
- Power: The Stihl BGA 85 is a cordless blower with a maximum air volume rating of 391 cubic feet per minute (CFM) and an air speed of 104 MPH.
- Power delivery: This blower has a brushless, battery-operated motor. Thus, the user won’t have to worry about tripping over pesky cords when they’re busy working their lawn.
- Battery: Its 6 Ah 36 V Li-ion battery (1 battery included) enables the blower to run for up to 24 minutes without needing to a recharge.
- Handling: Being handheld, this blower has a good maneuverability and is meant to be easier to carry around over a small period of time. All told, it weighs 7 lbs — the Stihl BGA 85 is neither the lightest nor the heaviest cordless handheld blower on the market.
- Speed Settings: For those who are keen on having complete control while operating their leaf blower, the BGA 85 offers variable speed settings.
- Noise: As far as electric handheld blowers go, this one is average in terms of noise with a rating of 64 dB.
The Stihl BGA 85's performance versus other blowers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea how the key specs of the Stihl BGA 85 compare with similar leaf blowers.
- Air expelled from the nozzle of this blower can reach 104 MPH. When compared to others of this type, the BGA 85 has a lower air speed than most battery-operated handheld blowers (the one expelling air at the fastest speed being the Makita XBU01PT with 208 MPH).
- Regarding its air volume, the airflow of the Stihl BGA 85 can reach 391 CFM (Cubic Feet per Minute), which is on par with other cordless handheld blowers (the biggest expelled air volume belonging to the Poulan Pro PRB675i with 675 CFM).
- Users can expect an autonomy of 24 minutes from its battery, which means the BGA 85 won't run as long as many other cordless handheld units before needing to be plugged in (the one with the best autonomy being the EGO POWER+ LBX6000 with up to 96 minutes of runtime).
Here's a list of the most popular specific comparisons:
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other cordless blowers, the Stihl BGA 85 is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this blower nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of product.
Stihl AG & Company KG was founded by Andreas Stihl in 1926. The German company specializes in handheld outdoor power equipment. Over the past fifty years, Stihl has opened manufacturing plants in Brazil, the United States, and China. The German company’s sure and steady expansion has made it a leading provider of in the lawn, forestry, and landscape maintenance industries.
The Stihl BGA 85 is covered under a warranty for up to 2 years. This warranty may not cover all parts of the blower.
For more information about the warranty of Stihl blowers, please consult Stihl's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-800-467-8445.
Questions & Answers
There are no questions yet. Ask the first question.