The Stihl BGA 85 is a cordless handheld leaf blower delivering 391 CFM at 104 MPH. It features a 6 Ah 36 V Li-ion battery. (Read full specs)
Features and Specifications
|CFM||Up to 391|
|MPH||Up to 104|
|Blowing Force||10 N|
|Weight (w/ battery)||10.9 lbs|
|Weight (tool only)||7.1 lbs|
|Noise rating||64 dB|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue. Should you wish more detailed specs on the Stihl BGA 85, the user manual is available here (opens in a new tab).
Overview of the Stihl BGA 85
- Power: The BGA 85 is a cordless blower made by Stihl. It has a maximum air speed of 104 MPH and its nozzle can expel a max air volume of 391 cubic feet per minute (CFM).
- Power delivery: If you don’t like dealing with cords, you will be delighted to know that this blower is equipped with a brushless, battery-operated motor.
- Battery: Its 6 Ah 36 V Li-ion battery (1 AP 300 battery included) offers a maximum autonomy of 24 minutes on a full charge.
- Handling: With its handheld design, this leaf blower was created with portability in mind. Most users will have no problem using it almost anywhere. Be aware that, at 10.9 lbs, the Stihl BGA 85 is on the heavier side of cordless handheld blowers.
- Speed Settings: Thanks to its variable speed settings, the Stihl BGA 85 allows precise control of the air output.
- Noise: As far as electric handheld blowers go, this one is average in terms of noise with a rating of 64 dB.
The Stihl BGA 85's performance versus other blowers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea how the key specs of the Stihl BGA 85 compare with similar leaf blowers.
- Maxing out at 104 MPH at full power, this blower is on the lower end in terms of air speed for battery-operated handheld blowers. For the fastest air speed in this category, you may want to consider the Makita XBU01PT, which can expell air at a velocity that can reach 208 MPH.
- It has a maximum air volume output of 391 CFM (cubic feet per minute). With this output rating, the BGA 85 is well within average in relation to similar cordless handheld blowers. If air volume is important to you, the Husqvarna 350iB, with 800 CFM, could be in your good books.
- Autonomy-wise, with up to 24 minutes of autonomy on a full charge, the BGA 85 is on the low end when compared with other cordless handheld units. To enjoy the best possible autonomy in this category, you could have a look at the Makita CBU01Z which offers up to 300 minutes of runtime.
Here's a list of the most popular specific comparisons:
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other cordless blowers, the Stihl BGA 85 is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this blower nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of product.
The bottom line
- In the expected price range
- Brushless motor
- Acceptable noise (64 dB)
- Decent CFM (391 CFM)
- Quite heavy (10.9 lbs)
- No cruise control
- Low MPH (104 MPH)
- Low autonomy (24 mins)
Stihl AG & Company KG was founded by Andreas Stihl in 1926. The German company specializes in handheld outdoor power equipment. Over the past fifty years, Stihl has opened manufacturing plants in Brazil, the United States, and China. The German company’s sure and steady expansion has made it a leading provider of in the lawn, forestry, and landscape maintenance industries.
The Stihl BGA 85 is covered under a warranty for up to 3 years. This warranty may not cover all parts of the blower.
For more information about the warranty of Stihl blowers, please consult Stihl's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-800-467-8445.