The Stihl BGA 85 is a cordless handheld leaf blower delivering 391 CFM at 104 MPH. It features a 6 Ah 36 V Li-ion battery. (Read full specs)
Features and Specifications
|CFM||Up to 391|
|MPH||Up to 104|
|Blowing Force||10 N|
|Noise rating||64 dB|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue. Should you wish more detailed specs on the Stihl BGA 85, the user manual is available here (opens in a new tab).
Overview of the Stihl BGA 85
- Power: The BGA 85 is a cordless blower made by Stihl. It has a maximum air speed of 104 MPH and its nozzle can expel a max air volume of 391 cubic feet per minute (CFM).
- Power delivery: Since the device is powered by a brushless, battery-operated motor, it doesn’t require to be plugged in and therefore, it allows superb freedom of movement.
- Battery: With its 6 Ah 36 V Li-ion battery, the Stihl BGA 85 has a standard, full-charge run time of up to 24 minutes.
- Handling: Being handheld, this blower has a good maneuverability and is meant to be easier to carry around over a small period of time. At 7 lbs, the Stihl BGA 85 is within the average weight range of cordless handheld blowers.
- Speed Settings: Sometimes you just need a little more power, while other times you may want a little more precision when moving leaves and debris. That’s why the BGA 85 features variable speed settings for added control.
- Noise: Its noise rating of 64 dB can be considered the standard for similar electric handheld blowers.
The Stihl BGA 85's performance versus other blowers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea how the key specs of the Stihl BGA 85 compare with similar leaf blowers.
- Upon exiting the nozzle, the air can reach speeds of up to 104 MPH, which is on the lower end for battery-operated handheld blowers. For the fastest air speed in this category, you may want to consider the Makita XBU01PT, which can expell air at a velocity that can reach 208 MPH.
- Regarding its air volume, the airflow of the Stihl BGA 85 can reach 391 CFM (Cubic Feet per Minute), which is on par with other cordless handheld blowers. If air volume is important to you, the Ryobi RY404100, with 730 CFM, could be in your good books.
- Autonomy-wise, with up to 24 minutes of autonomy on a full charge, the BGA 85 is on the low end when compared with other cordless handheld units. To enjoy the best possible autonomy in this category, you could have a look at the EGO POWER+ LBX6000 which offers up to 96 minutes of runtime.
Here's a list of the most popular specific comparisons:
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other cordless blowers, the Stihl BGA 85 is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this blower nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of product.
Stihl AG & Company KG was founded by Andreas Stihl in 1926. The German company specializes in handheld outdoor power equipment. Over the past fifty years, Stihl has opened manufacturing plants in Brazil, the United States, and China. The German company’s sure and steady expansion has made it a leading provider of in the lawn, forestry, and landscape maintenance industries.
The Stihl BGA 85 is covered under a warranty for up to 2 years. This warranty may not cover all parts of the blower.
For more information about the warranty of Stihl blowers, please consult Stihl's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-800-467-8445.
Questions & Answers
There are no questions yet. Ask the first question.