Features and Specifications
|CFM||Up to 391|
|MPH||Up to 104|
|Blowing Force||10 N|
|Noise Rating||64 dB|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue. Should you wish more detailed specs on the Stihl BGA 85, the user manual is available here.
Overview of the Stihl BGA 85
- Power: The Stihl BGA 85 is a cordless blower with a maximum air volume rating of 391 cubic feet per minute (CFM) and an air speed of 104 MPH.
- Power delivery: Those who don’t want to fuss with cords will be glad to know that this blower is battery-operated.
- Battery: Its 6 Ah 36 V Li-ion battery (1 battery included) enables the blower to run for up to 24 minutes without needing to a recharge.
- Handling: Being handheld, this blower has a good maneuverability and is meant to be easier to carry around over a small period of time. All told, it weighs 7 lbs — the Stihl BGA 85 is neither the lightest nor the heaviest cordless handheld blower on the market.
- Speed Settings: Thanks to its variable speed settings, the Stihl BGA 85 allows precise control of the air output.
- Noise: Its noise rating of 64 dB can be considered the standard for similar electric handheld blowers.
The Stihl BGA 85's performance versus other blowers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea how the key specs of the Stihl BGA 85 compare with similar leaf blowers.
- Maxing out at 104 MPH at full power, this blower is on the lower end in terms of air speed for battery-operated handheld blowers (the one expelling air at the fastest speed being the Makita XBU01PT with 208 MPH).
- It has a maximum air volume output of 391 CFM (cubic feet per minute). With this output rating, the BGA 85 is well within average in relation to similar cordless handheld leaf blowers (the biggest expelled air volume belonging to the Poulan Pro PRB675i with 675 CFM).
- Users can expect an autonomy of 24 minutes from its battery, which means the BGA 85 won't run as long as many other cordless handheld units before needing to be plugged in (the one with the best autonomy being the EGO POWER+ 580 CFM LB5804 with up to 180 minutes of runtime).
Here's a list of the most popular specific comparisons:
The bottom line
- Acceptable Noise (64 dB)
- Decent Weight (7 lbs)
- Decent CFM (391 CFM)
- Low MPH (104 MPH)
- Low autonomy (24 mins)
Stihl AG & Company KG was founded by Andreas Stihl in 1926. The German company specializes in handheld outdoor power equipment. Over the past fifty years, Stihl has opened manufacturing plants in Brazil, the United States, and China. The German company’s sure and steady expansion has made it a leading provider of in the lawn, forestry, and landscape maintenance industries.
The Stihl BGA 85 is covered under a warranty for up to 2 years. This warranty may not cover all parts of the blower.
For more information about the warranty of Stihl blowers, please consult Stihl's warranty policies. Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-800-467-8445.
Questions & Answers
There are no questions yet. Ask the first question.