Features and Specifications
|CFM||Up to 391|
|MPH||Up to 104|
|Blowing Force||10 N|
|Noise Rating||64 dB|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue. Should you wish more detailed specs on the Stihl BGA 85, the user manual is available here.
Overview of the Stihl BGA 85
- Power: The BGA 85 is blower made by Stihl. It has a maximum air speed of 104 MPH and its nozzle can expel a max air volume of 391 cubic feet per minute (CFM).
- Power delivery: As it is battery-operated, it doesn't need to be plugged in and therefore allows superb freedom of movement.
- Battery: With its 6 Ah 36 V Li-ion battery, the Stihl BGA 85 has a standard, full-charge run time of up to 24 minutes.
- Handling: With its handheld design, this leaf blower was created with portability in mind. Most users will have no problem using it almost anywhere. At 7 lbs, the Stihl BGA 85 is within the average weight range of electric handheld leaf blowers.
- Speed Settings: For those who are keen on having complete control while operating their leaf blower, the BGA 85 offers variable speed settings.
- Noise: With a decibel rating of 64 dB, the BGA 85 is neither louder nor quieter than its rivals in the electric handheld category.
The Stihl BGA 85's performance versus other blowers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea how the key specs of the Stihl BGA 85 compare with similar leaf blowers.
- Air expelled from the nozzle of this blower can reach 104 MPH. When compared to others of this type, the BGA 85 has a lower air speed than most electric handheld leaf blowers (the one expelling air at the fastest speed being the Worx WG518 with 250 MPH).
- It has a maximum air volume output of 391 CFM (cubic feet per minute). With this output rating, the BGA 85 is well within average in relation to similar electric handheld leaf blowers (the biggest expelled air volume belonging to the Toro PowerJet™ F700 51624 with 725 CFM).
- Autonomy-wise, with up to 24 minutes of autonomy on a full charge, the BGA 85 is on the low end when compared with other cordless handheld leaf blowers (the one with the best autonomy being the EGO POWER+ 580 CFM LB5804 with up to 180 minutes of runtime).
The bottom line
- Acceptable Noise (64 dB)
- Decent Weight (7 lbs)
- Decent CFM (391 CFM)
- Low MPH (104 MPH)
- Low Autonomy (24 mins)
Where to buy the Stihl BGA 85?
Stihl AG & Company KG was founded by Andreas Stihl in 1926. The German company specializes in handheld outdoor power equipment. Over the past fifty years, Stihl has opened manufacturing plants in Brazil, the United States, and China. The German company’s sure and steady expansion has made it a leading provider of in the lawn, forestry, and landscape maintenance industries.
Warranty InformationThe Stihl BGA 85 is covered under a warranty for up to 2 years. This warranty may not cover all parts of the blower.
For more information about the warranty of Stihl blowers, please consult Stihl's warranty policies. Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-800-467-8445.