The Stihl BGA 86 is a cordless handheld leaf blower delivering 459 CFM at 154 MPH. It is powered by a 36 V Li-ion battery. (Read full specs)
Features and Specifications
|Up to 459
|Up to 154
|Weight (tool only)
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue. Should you wish more detailed specs on the Stihl BGA 86, the user manual is available here (opens in a new tab).
Overview of the Stihl BGA 86
- Power: The Stihl BGA 86 can force 459 cubic feet of air per minute (CFM) from its nozzle at a maximum speed of 154 MPH.
- Power delivery: The BGA 86 is a brushless-motor, battery-operated blower. Therefore, it doesn’t require to be plugged in when it’s being used. The user will enjoy the added mobility of its cordless design.
- Battery: It is powered by a 6.3 Ah 36 V Li-ion battery (battery not included) that should work reliably for up to 21 minutes if completely charged.
- Handling: Being handheld, this blower has a good maneuverability and is meant to be easier to carry around over a small period of time. The blower in its bare tool (no battery) version weighs 6.2 lbs — the Stihl BGA 86 is neither the lightest nor the heaviest cordless handheld blower on the market.
- Speed Settings: In order to afford more control to the user, this unit has a variable speed control. No matter the size of the job, the user can adjust the airflow of the Stihl BGA 86 to match.
- Noise: With a decibel rating of 58 dB, the BGA 86 is neither louder nor quieter than its rivals in the electric handheld category.
The Stihl BGA 86's performance versus other blowers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea how the key specs of the Stihl BGA 86 compare with handheld leaf blowers of similar voltage (between 36 and 48V).
- Forced air exiting this blower has been clocked at a max speed of 154 MPH. This puts the BGA 86 ahead of the pack as far as air speed is concerned in battery-operated handheld blowers between 36 and 48V. If you wish to benefit from air expelled at the fastest possible speed, the Makita XBU01PT and its 208 MPH could be an option to consider.
- It has a maximum air volume output of 459 CFM (cubic feet per minute). With this output rating, the BGA 86 is well within average in relation to similar cordless handheld blowers with a comparable voltage. If air volume is important to you, the Husqvarna 350iB, with 800 CFM, could be in your good books.
- Autonomy-wise, with up to 21 minutes of autonomy on a full charge, the BGA 86 is on the low end when compared with other cordless handheld units of similar voltage. To enjoy the best possible autonomy in this category, you could have a look at the Makita CBU01Z which offers up to 300 minutes of runtime.
Here's a list of the most popular specific comparisons:
As you can see from these interactive charts, when compared to other cordless blowers, the Stihl BGA 86 is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this blower nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of product.
Stihl AG & Company KG was founded by Andreas Stihl in 1926. The German company specializes in handheld outdoor power equipment. Over the past fifty years, Stihl has opened manufacturing plants in Brazil, the United States, and China. The German company’s sure and steady expansion has made it a leading provider of in the lawn, forestry, and landscape maintenance industries.
The Stihl BGA 86 is covered under a warranty for up to 3 years. This warranty may not cover all parts of the blower.
For more information about the warranty of Stihl blowers, please consult Stihl's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-800-467-8445.
Questions & Answers
There are no questions yet. Ask the first question.