The Stihl BGA 86 is a cordless handheld leaf blower delivering 459 CFM at 154 MPH. It is powered by a 6.3 Ah 36 V Li-ion battery. (Read full specs)
Features and Specifications
|CFM||Up to 459|
|MPH||Up to 154|
|Blowing Force||15 N|
|Noise rating||58 dB|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue. Should you wish more detailed specs on the Stihl BGA 86, the user manual is available here (opens in a new tab).
Overview of the Stihl BGA 86
- Power: This cordless leaf blower has a maximum air volume rating of 459 cubic feet per minute (CFM) and an air speed rating of 154 MPH.
- Power delivery: If you don’t like dealing with cords, you will be delighted to know that this blower is equipped with a brushless, battery-operated motor.
- Battery: With its 6.3 Ah 36 V Li-ion battery, the Stihl BGA 86 has a standard, full-charge run time of up to 21 minutes.
- Handling: For those who are looking for a portable and convenient leaf blower, this model is a strong candidate. It’s designed for easy handling and use, and its size means it’s easily carried and stored. All told, it weighs 6.2 lbs — the Stihl BGA 86 is neither the lightest nor the heaviest cordless handheld blower on the market.
- Speed Settings: For those who are keen on having complete control while operating their leaf blower, the BGA 86 offers variable speed settings.
- Noise: With a decibel rating of 58 dB, the BGA 86 is neither louder nor quieter than its rivals in the electric handheld category.
The Stihl BGA 86's performance versus other blowers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea how the key specs of the Stihl BGA 86 compare with similar leaf blowers.
- It can push air from the nozzle at 154 MPH, which puts it ahead of its class in terms of air speed for battery-operated handheld blowers. If you wish to benefit from air expelled at the fastest possible speed, the Makita XBU01PT and its 208 MPH could be an option to consider.
- The BGA 86 is average in terms of air volume. It's rated at 459 CFM, which is common for cordless handheld blowers. If air volume is important to you, the Ryobi RY404100, with 730 CFM, could be in your good books.
- Users can expect a maximum autonomy of 21 minutes from its battery, which means the BGA 86 won't run as long as many other cordless handheld units before needing to be plugged in. To enjoy the best possible autonomy in this category, you could have a look at the EGO POWER+ LBX6000 which offers up to 96 minutes of runtime.
Here's a list of the most popular specific comparisons:
Stihl AG & Company KG was founded by Andreas Stihl in 1926. The German company specializes in handheld outdoor power equipment. Over the past fifty years, Stihl has opened manufacturing plants in Brazil, the United States, and China. The German company’s sure and steady expansion has made it a leading provider of in the lawn, forestry, and landscape maintenance industries.
The Stihl BGA 86 is covered under a warranty for up to 3 years. This warranty may not cover all parts of the blower.
For more information about the warranty of Stihl blowers, please consult Stihl's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-800-467-8445.
Questions & Answers
There are no questions yet. Ask the first question.