The Stihl BGA 86 is a cordless handheld leaf blower delivering 459 CFM at 154 MPH. It is powered by a 6.3 Ah 36 V Li-ion battery. (Read full specs)
Features and Specifications
|CFM||Up to 459|
|MPH||Up to 154|
|Blowing Force||15 N|
|Noise rating||58 dB|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue. Should you wish more detailed specs on the Stihl BGA 86, the user manual is available here (opens in a new tab).
Overview of the Stihl BGA 86
- Power: The BGA 86 is a cordless blower made by Stihl. It has a maximum air speed of 154 MPH and its nozzle can expel a max air volume of 459 cubic feet per minute (CFM).
- Power delivery: Since the device is powered by a brushless, battery-operated motor, it doesn’t require to be plugged in and therefore, it allows superb freedom of movement.
- Battery: Its 6.3 Ah 36 V Li-ion battery (battery not included) offers an autonomy of 21 minutes on a full charge.
- Handling: It’s handheld, so naturally it’s easier to handle and carry than larger leaf blowers, such as backpack models or walk-behinds. All told, it weighs 6.2 lbs — the Stihl BGA 86 is neither the lightest nor the heaviest cordless handheld blower on the market.
- Speed Settings: In order to afford more control to the user, this unit has a variable speed control. No matter the size of the job, the user can adjust the airflow of the Stihl BGA 86 to match.
- Noise: As far as electric handheld blowers go, this one is average in terms of noise with a rating of 58 dB.
The Stihl BGA 86's performance versus other blowers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea how the key specs of the Stihl BGA 86 compare with similar leaf blowers.
- Air exiting the nozzle of this blower can reach 154 MPH, which is quite a bit faster than most battery-operated handheld blowers (the one expelling air at the fastest speed being the Makita XBU01PT with 208 MPH).
- The BGA 86 is powerful, with an airflow rating of 459 CFM (cubic feet per minute). This is certainly on the high end compared to other cordless handheld blowers (the biggest expelled air volume belonging to the Poulan Pro PRB675i with 675 CFM).
- Autonomy-wise, with up to 21 minutes of autonomy on a full charge, the BGA 86 is on the low end when compared with other cordless handheld units (the one with the best autonomy being the EGO POWER+ LBX6000 with up to 96 minutes of runtime).
Here's a list of the most popular specific comparisons:
Stihl AG & Company KG was founded by Andreas Stihl in 1926. The German company specializes in handheld outdoor power equipment. Over the past fifty years, Stihl has opened manufacturing plants in Brazil, the United States, and China. The German company’s sure and steady expansion has made it a leading provider of in the lawn, forestry, and landscape maintenance industries.
The Stihl BGA 86 is covered under a warranty for up to 3 years. This warranty may not cover all parts of the blower.
For more information about the warranty of Stihl blowers, please consult Stihl's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-800-467-8445.
Questions & Answers
There are no questions yet. Ask the first question.