The Stihl BGA 86 is a cordless handheld leaf blower delivering 459 CFM at 154 MPH. It is powered by a 6.3 Ah 36 V Li-ion battery. (Read full specs)
Features and Specifications
|CFM||Up to 459|
|MPH||Up to 154|
|Blowing Force||15 N|
|Noise rating||58 dB|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue. Should you wish more detailed specs on the Stihl BGA 86, the user manual is available here (opens in a new tab).
Overview of the Stihl BGA 86
- Power: The Stihl BGA 86 can force 459 cubic feet of air per minute (CFM) from its nozzle at a maximum speed of 154 MPH.
- Power delivery: Stihl designed this unit and its brushless, battery-operated motor with top-of-the-food-chain maneuverability in mind. The BGA 86 doesn’t need to be plugged in, so you can take it anywhere easily.
- Battery: Its 6.3 Ah 36 V Li-ion battery (battery not included) offers an autonomy of 21 minutes on a full charge.
- Handling: For those who are looking for a portable and convenient leaf blower, this model is a strong candidate. It’s designed for easy handling and use, and its size means it’s easily carried and stored. At 6.2 lbs, the Stihl BGA 86 is within the average weight range of cordless handheld blowers.
- Speed Settings: For those who are keen on having complete control while operating their leaf blower, the BGA 86 offers variable speed settings.
- Noise: With a decibel rating of 58 dB, the BGA 86 is neither louder nor quieter than its rivals in the electric handheld category.
The Stihl BGA 86's performance versus other blowers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea how the key specs of the Stihl BGA 86 compare with similar leaf blowers.
- Forced air exiting this blower has been clocked at a max speed of 154 MPH. This puts the BGA 86 ahead of the pack as far as air speed is concerned in battery-operated handheld blowers (the one expelling air at the fastest speed being the Makita XBU01PT with 208 MPH).
- Regarding its air volume, the Stihl BGA 86 boasts an impressive airflow that can reach 459 CFM (Cubic Foot per Minute). This places it amongst the most powerful of cordless handheld blowers (the biggest expelled air volume belonging to the Poulan Pro PRB675i with 675 CFM).
- Users can expect an autonomy of 21 minutes from its battery, which means the BGA 86 won't run as long as many other cordless handheld units before needing to be plugged in (the one with the best autonomy being the EGO POWER+ LBX6000 with up to 96 minutes of runtime).
Here's a list of the most popular specific comparisons:
Stihl AG & Company KG was founded by Andreas Stihl in 1926. The German company specializes in handheld outdoor power equipment. Over the past fifty years, Stihl has opened manufacturing plants in Brazil, the United States, and China. The German company’s sure and steady expansion has made it a leading provider of in the lawn, forestry, and landscape maintenance industries.
The Stihl BGA 86 is covered under a warranty for up to 3 years. This warranty may not cover all parts of the blower.
For more information about the warranty of Stihl blowers, please consult Stihl's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-800-467-8445.
Questions & Answers
There are no questions yet. Ask the first question.