Features and Specifications
|CFM||Up to 285|
|MPH||Up to 148|
|Blowing Force||9 N|
|Noise Rating||64 dB|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue. Should you wish more detailed specs on the Stihl BGE 61, the user manual is available here.
Overview of the Stihl BGE 61
- Power: This leaf blower has a maximum air volume rating of 285 cubic feet per minute (CFM) and an air speed rating of 148 MPH.
- Power delivery: This is a corded blower, so its 9.2 Amp engine needs to be plugged into a power source during use. Please note that some manufacturers don’t include the cord with the unit. If this is the case, or if you’re looking to buy a backup, please use our gauge calculator to ensure you’re buying the right cord for your blower.
- Cord Lock Mechanism: Corded power tools can sometimes inadvertently be unplugged during operation. The Stihl BGE 61 prevents such accidents by featuring a cord lock mechanism.
- Handling: With its handheld design, this leaf blower was created with portability in mind. Most users will have no problem using it almost anywhere. All told, it weighs 6.8 lbs — the Stihl BGE 61 is neither the lightest nor the heaviest electric handheld blower on the market.
- Speed Settings: Stihl designed the BGE 61 with control and precision in mind. That’s why this model has 2 speed settings, meaning that its air output can be adjusted to suit the user’s needs.
- Noise: With a decibel rating of 64 dB, the BGE 61 is neither louder nor quieter than its rivals in the electric handheld category.
The Stihl BGE 61's performance versus other blowers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea how the key specs of the Stihl BGE 61 compare with similar leaf blowers.
- The Stihl BGE 61 expels air at speeds up to 148 MPH, making it standard in terms of air speed for electric handheld blowers (the one expelling air at the fastest speed being the Worx WG518 with 250 MPH).
- As this unit is rated at 285 CFM (cubic feet per minute), it expells less air than most electric handheld leaf blowers (the biggest expelled air volume belonging to the Toro PowerJet™ F700 51624 with 725 CFM).
The bottom line
- Acceptable Noise (64 dB)
- Decent Weight (6.8 lbs)
- Decent MPH (148 MPH)
- Low CFM (285 CFM)
Where to buy the Stihl BGE 61?
Stihl AG & Company KG was founded by Andreas Stihl in 1926. The German company specializes in handheld outdoor power equipment. Over the past fifty years, Stihl has opened manufacturing plants in Brazil, the United States, and China. The German company’s sure and steady expansion has made it a leading provider of in the lawn, forestry, and landscape maintenance industries.
The Stihl BGE 61 is covered under a warranty for up to 2 years. This warranty may not cover all parts of the blower.
For more information about the warranty of Stihl blowers, please consult Stihl's warranty policies. Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-800-467-8445.
Questions & Answers
There are no questions yet. Ask the first question.