The Stihl BGE 61 is a corded leaf blower delivering 285 CFM at 148 MPH. It features a 9.2-amp brushless motor. (Read full specs)
2 speeds + Vacuum capable
Features and Specifications
|CFM||Up to 285|
|MPH||Up to 148|
|Blowing Force||9 N|
|Noise rating||64 dB|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue. Should you wish more detailed specs on the Stihl BGE 61, the user manual is available here (opens in a new tab).
Overview of the Stihl BGE 61
- Power: This electric leaf blower has a maximum air volume rating of 285 cubic feet per minute (CFM) and an air speed rating of 148 MPH.
- Power delivery: This unit, featuring a 9.2 Amp motor, is a corded blower. It must be plugged into an electrical outlet with a reliable power source at all times during operation. Please note that some manufacturers don’t include the cord with the unit. If this is the case, or if you’re looking to buy a backup, please use our gauge calculator to ensure you’re buying the right cord for your blower.
- Cord Lock Mechanism: Corded power tools can sometimes inadvertently be unplugged during operation. The Stihl BGE 61 prevents such accidents by featuring a cord lock mechanism.
- Handling: For those who are looking for a portable and convenient leaf blower, this model is a strong candidate. It’s designed for easy handling and use, and its size means it’s easily carried and stored. Among other electric handheld blowers, the Stihl BGE 61 can be considered light, weighing only 6.8 lbs.
- Speed Settings: The Stihl BGE 61 does not have multiple speed settings. Once the blower is turned on, it always operates at the same speed.
- Noise: As far as electric handheld blowers go, this one is average in terms of noise with a rating of 64 dB.
The Stihl BGE 61's performance versus other blowers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea how the key specs of the Stihl BGE 61 compare with similar leaf blowers.
- Forced air leaving this blower’s nozzle has been clocked at 148 MPH. That makes the BGE 61 average in terms of air speed for electric handheld blowers. If you wish to benefit from air expelled at the fastest possible speed, the Craftsman CMEBL7000 and its 260 MPH could be an option to consider.
- It’s capable of expelling a maximum air volume of 285 CFM (cubic feet per minute). This places it at the low end compared to other electric handheld blowers. For the highest air volume, you may want to have a look at the Bauer 58905, which boasts with 805 CFM.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other corded blowers, the Stihl BGE 61 is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this blower nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of product.
The bottom line
- In the expected price range
- Lightweight (6.8 lbs)
- Acceptable noise (64 dB)
- Decent MPH (148 MPH)
- No speed variation
- Low CFM (285 CFM)
Stihl AG & Company KG was founded by Andreas Stihl in 1926. The German company specializes in handheld outdoor power equipment. Over the past fifty years, Stihl has opened manufacturing plants in Brazil, the United States, and China. The German company’s sure and steady expansion has made it a leading provider of in the lawn, forestry, and landscape maintenance industries.
The Stihl BGE 61 is covered under a warranty for up to 2 years. This warranty may not cover all parts of the blower.
For more information about the warranty of Stihl blowers, please consult Stihl's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-800-467-8445.
Questions & Answers
There are no questions yet. Ask the first question.