Features and Specifications
|CFM||Up to 285|
|MPH||Up to 148|
|Blowing Force||9 N|
|Noise Rating||64 dB|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue. Should you wish more detailed specs on the Stihl BGE 61, the user manual is available here.
Overview of the Stihl BGE 61
- Power: The BGE 61 is an electric blower made by Stihl. It has a maximum air speed of 148 MPH and its nozzle can expel a max air volume of 285 cubic feet per minute (CFM).
- Power delivery: This unit, featuring a 9.2 Amp engine, is a corded blower. It must be plugged into an electrical outlet with a reliable power source at all times during operation. Please note that some manufacturers don’t include the cord with the unit. If this is the case, or if you’re looking to buy a backup, please use our gauge calculator to ensure you’re buying the right cord for your blower.
- Cord Lock Mechanism: It has a cord lock mechanism, so there’s far less risk of having the cord come unplugged when the unit is in operation.
- Handling: Being handheld, this blower has a good maneuverability and is meant to be easier to carry around over a small period of time. At 6.8 lbs, the Stihl BGE 61 is within the average weight range of electric handheld blowers.
- Speed Settings: Thanks to its 2 speed settings, the Stihl BGE 61 allows the user to adjust the air output to the task in hand.
- Noise: With a decibel rating of 64 dB, the BGE 61 is neither louder nor quieter than its rivals in the electric handheld category.
The Stihl BGE 61's performance versus other blowers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea how the key specs of the Stihl BGE 61 compare with similar leaf blowers.
- The Stihl BGE 61 expels air at speeds up to 148 MPH, making it standard in terms of air speed for electric handheld blowers (the one expelling air at the fastest speed being the Worx WG518 with 250 MPH).
- Its max air volume rating (285 cubic feet per minute) means it is really not the biggest air producer of electric handheld leaf blowers (the biggest expelled air volume belonging to the Toro PowerJet™ F700 51624 with 725 CFM).
The bottom line
- Acceptable Noise (64 dB)
- Decent Weight (6.8 lbs)
- Decent MPH (148 MPH)
- Low CFM (285 CFM)
Where to buy the Stihl BGE 61?
Stihl AG & Company KG was founded by Andreas Stihl in 1926. The German company specializes in handheld outdoor power equipment. Over the past fifty years, Stihl has opened manufacturing plants in Brazil, the United States, and China. The German company’s sure and steady expansion has made it a leading provider of in the lawn, forestry, and landscape maintenance industries.
The Stihl BGE 61 is covered under a warranty for up to 2 years. This warranty may not cover all parts of the blower.
For more information about the warranty of Stihl blowers, please consult Stihl's warranty policies. Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-800-467-8445.
Questions & Answers
There are no questions yet. Ask the first question.