-No User ReviewsWrite a review
Features and Specifications
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
Overview of the Stihl BGE 71
- Power: The Stihl BGE 71 is an electric leaf blower with a maximum air volume rating of 285 cubic feet per minute (CFM) and an air speed of 148 MPH.
- Power delivery: As it is a corded model, the blower needs to be plugged in to a power source in order for the 9.2 Amp engine to operate. Note that the power cord might not be included with the blower. Should you wish to obtain one, use our gauge calculator.
- Cord Lock Mechanism: It has a cord lock mechanism, so there’s far less risk of having the cord come unplugged when the unit is in operation.
- Handling: It’s handheld, so naturally it’s easier to handle and carry than larger leaf blowers, such as backpack models or walk-behinds. At 6.8 lbs, the Stihl BGE 71 is within the average weight range of electric handheld leaf blowers.
- Speed Settings: With 2 speed settings, this blower’s output can be set to meet the needs of jobs big or small.
- Noise: With a decibel rating of 64 dB, the BGE 71 is neither louder nor quieter than its rivals in the electric handheld category.
The Stihl BGE 71's performance versus other blowers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea how the key specs of the Stihl BGE 71 compare with similar leaf blowers.
- Forced air leaving this blower’s nozzle has been clocked at 148 MPH. That makes the BGE 71 average in terms of air speed for electric handheld leaf blowers (the one expelling air at the fastest speed being the Worx WG518 with 250 MPH).
- Its max air volume rating (285 cubic feet per minute) means it is really not the most powerful of electric handheld leaf blowers (the biggest expelled air volume belonging to the Toro PowerJet™ F700 51624 with 725 CFM).
The bottom line
- Acceptable Noise (64 dB)
- Decent Weight (6.8 lbs)
- Decent MPH (148 MPH)
- Low CFM (285 CFM)
Where to buy the Stihl BGE 71?
Stihl AG & Company KG was founded by Andreas Stihl in 1926. The German company specializes in handheld outdoor power equipment. Over the past fifty years, Stihl has opened manufacturing plants in Brazil, the United States, and China. The German company’s sure and steady expansion has made it a leading provider of in the lawn, forestry, and landscape maintenance industries.
Warranty InformationThe Stihl BGE 71 is covered under a warranty for up to 2 years. This warranty may not cover all parts of the blower.
For more information about the warranty of Stihl blowers, please consult Stihl's warranty policies. Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-800-467-8445.