The Stihl BGE 71 is a corded leaf blower delivering 285 CFM at 148 MPH. It features a 9.2-amp brushless motor. (Read full specs)
Features and Specifications
|CFM||Up to 285|
|MPH||Up to 148|
|Blowing Force||9 N|
|Noise rating||64 dB|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue. Should you wish more detailed specs on the Stihl BGE 71, the user manual is available here (opens in a new tab).
Overview of the Stihl BGE 71
- Power: The Stihl BGE 71 is an electric blower with a maximum air volume rating of 285 cubic feet per minute (CFM) and an air speed of 148 MPH.
- Power delivery: As it is a corded model, the blower needs to be plugged in to a power source in order for the 9.2 Amp motor to operate. Please note that some manufacturers don’t include the cord with the unit. If this is the case, or if you’re looking to buy a backup, please use our gauge calculator to ensure you’re buying the right cord for your blower.
- Cord Lock Mechanism: Corded power tools can sometimes inadvertently be unplugged during operation. The Stihl BGE 71 prevents such accidents by featuring a cord lock mechanism.
- Handling: It’s handheld, so naturally it’s easier to handle and carry than larger leaf blowers, such as backpack models or walk-behinds. At 6.8 lbs, the Stihl BGE 71 is within the average weight range of electric handheld blowers.
- Speed Settings: Not all jobs need full power. The BGE 71 has 2 speed settings so, you can blow more or less air from the blower depending on the job.
- Noise: Its noise rating of 64 dB can be considered the standard for similar electric handheld blowers.
The Stihl BGE 71's performance versus other blowers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea how the key specs of the Stihl BGE 71 compare with similar leaf blowers.
- Forced air leaving this blower’s nozzle has been clocked at 148 MPH. That makes the BGE 71 average in terms of air speed for electric handheld blowers. If you wish to benefit from air expelled at the fastest possible speed, the Craftsman CMEBL7000 and its 260 MPH could be an option to consider.
- Regarding its air volume, the airflow of the Stihl BGE 71 can reach 285 CFM (Cubic Feet per Minute), which is on the low end for electric handheld blowers. For the highest air volume, you may want to have a look at the Worx Turbine WG521, which boasts with 800 CFM.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other corded blowers, the Stihl BGE 71 is on the expensive side of the price range.
While certainly not the cheapest of its kind, purchasing it could most likely also mean enjoying the reliability of a high-end product.
Stihl AG & Company KG was founded by Andreas Stihl in 1926. The German company specializes in handheld outdoor power equipment. Over the past fifty years, Stihl has opened manufacturing plants in Brazil, the United States, and China. The German company’s sure and steady expansion has made it a leading provider of in the lawn, forestry, and landscape maintenance industries.
The Stihl BGE 71 is covered under a warranty for up to 2 years. This warranty may not cover all parts of the blower.
For more information about the warranty of Stihl blowers, please consult Stihl's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-800-467-8445.
Questions & Answers
There are no questions yet. Ask the first question.