Features and Specifications
|CFM||Up to 285|
|MPH||Up to 148|
|Blowing Force||9 N|
|Noise Rating||64 dB|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue. Should you wish more detailed specs on the Stihl BGE 71, the user manual is available here.
Overview of the Stihl BGE 71
- Power: The Stihl BGE 71 is an electric blower with a maximum air volume rating of 285 cubic feet per minute (CFM) and an air speed of 148 MPH.
- Power delivery: Being that it is a corded blower with a 9.2 Amp engine, the BGE 71 requires a steady power source and must be plugged in when using it. Please note that some manufacturers don’t include the cord with the unit. If this is the case, or if you’re looking to buy a backup, please use our gauge calculator to ensure you’re buying the right cord for your blower.
- Cord Lock Mechanism: Anyone who has experienced the frustration of having their blower suddenly stop from being accidentally unplugged will be glad to know that the BGE 71 has a 'cord lock' mechanism.
- Handling: For those who are looking for a portable and convenient leaf blower, this model is a strong candidate. It’s designed for easy handling and use, and its size means it’s easily carried and stored. All told, it weighs 6.8 lbs — the Stihl BGE 71 is neither the lightest nor the heaviest electric handheld blower on the market.
- Speed Settings: Not all jobs need full power. The BGE 71 has 2 speed settings so, you can blow more or less air from the blower depending on the job.
- Noise: Its noise rating of 64 dB can be considered the standard for similar electric handheld blowers.
The Stihl BGE 71's performance versus other blowers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea how the key specs of the Stihl BGE 71 compare with similar leaf blowers.
- Upon exiting the nozzle, the air can reach speeds of up to 148 MPH, which is pretty much what is to be expected for electric handheld blowers (the one expelling air at the fastest speed being the Worx WG518 with 250 MPH).
- It’s capable of expelling a maximum air volume of 285 CFM (cubic feet per minute). This places it at the low end compared to other electric handheld leaf blowers (the biggest expelled air volume belonging to the Toro PowerJet™ F700 51624 with 725 CFM).
The bottom line
- Acceptable Noise (64 dB)
- Decent Weight (6.8 lbs)
- Decent MPH (148 MPH)
- Low CFM (285 CFM)
Where to buy the Stihl BGE 71?
Stihl AG & Company KG was founded by Andreas Stihl in 1926. The German company specializes in handheld outdoor power equipment. Over the past fifty years, Stihl has opened manufacturing plants in Brazil, the United States, and China. The German company’s sure and steady expansion has made it a leading provider of in the lawn, forestry, and landscape maintenance industries.
The Stihl BGE 71 is covered under a warranty for up to 2 years. This warranty may not cover all parts of the blower.
For more information about the warranty of Stihl blowers, please consult Stihl's warranty policies. Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-800-467-8445.
Questions & Answers
There are no questions yet. Ask the first question.