The Stihl BGE 71 is a 2-in-1 blower/vacuum delivering 285 CFM at 148 MPH. It features a 9.2-amp brushless motor. (Read full specs)
Features and Specifications
|CFM||Up to 285|
|MPH||Up to 148|
|Blowing Force||9 N|
|Noise rating||64 dB|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue. Should you wish more detailed specs on the Stihl BGE 71, the user manual is available here (opens in a new tab).
Overview of the Stihl BGE 71
- Power: The Stihl BGE 71 is an electric blower with a maximum air volume rating of 285 cubic feet per minute (CFM) and an air speed of 148 MPH.
- Power delivery: Being that it is a corded blower with a 9.2 Amp motor, the BGE 71 requires a steady power source and must be plugged in when using it. Please note that some manufacturers don’t include the cord with the unit. If this is the case, or if you’re looking to buy a backup, please use our gauge calculator to ensure you’re buying the right cord for your blower.
- Cord Lock Mechanism: This unit has a handy 'cord lock' feature, which prevents it from being unplugged during use.
- Handling: It’s handheld, so naturally it’s easier to handle and carry than larger leaf blowers, such as backpack models or walk-behinds. At 6.8 lbs, the Stihl BGE 71 is within the average weight range of electric handheld blowers.
- Speed Settings: Stihl designed the BGE 71 with control and precision in mind. That’s why this model has 2 speed settings, meaning that its air output can be adjusted to suit the user’s needs.
- Vacuum: It features a vacuum allowing it to suck up leaf and debris once the sweeping job is complete (vacuum kit and bag not included).
- Noise: Its noise rating of 64 dB can be considered the standard for similar electric handheld blowers.
The Stihl BGE 71's performance versus other blowers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea how the key specs of the Stihl BGE 71 compare with similar leaf blowers.
- Its max air speed of 148 MPH places it at the approximate midpoint in comparison to other electric handheld blowers. If you wish to benefit from air expelled at the fastest possible speed, the Toro 51621 and its 260 MPH could be an option to consider.
- Regarding its air volume, the airflow of the Stihl BGE 71 can reach 285 CFM (Cubic Feet per Minute), which is on the low end for electric handheld blowers. For the highest air volume, you may want to have a look at the Worx Turbine WG521, which boasts with 800 CFM.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other blower vacs, the Stihl BGE 71 is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this blower nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of product.
Stihl AG & Company KG was founded by Andreas Stihl in 1926. The German company specializes in handheld outdoor power equipment. Over the past fifty years, Stihl has opened manufacturing plants in Brazil, the United States, and China. The German company’s sure and steady expansion has made it a leading provider of in the lawn, forestry, and landscape maintenance industries.
The Stihl BGE 71 is covered under a warranty for up to 2 years. This warranty may not cover all parts of the blower.
For more information about the warranty of Stihl blowers, please consult Stihl's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-800-467-8445.
Questions & Answers
There are no questions yet. Ask the first question.