-No User ReviewsWrite a review
Features and Specifications
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
Overview of the Stihl BGE 71
- Power: The BGE 71 is an electric leaf blower made by Stihl. It has a maximum air speed of 148 MPH and its nozzle can expel a max air volume of 285 cubic feet per minute (CFM).
- Power delivery: This is a corded blower, so its 9.2 Amp engine needs to be plugged into a power source during use. Note that the power cord might not be included with the blower. Should you wish to obtain one, use our [caldera_form_modal id="CF5ac63299ac22a" width="400"]gauge calculator[/caldera_form_modal].
- Cord Lock Mechanism: It has a cord lock mechanism, so there’s far less risk of having the cord come unplugged when the unit is in operation.
- Handling: Being handheld, this blower has a good maneuverability and is meant to be easier to carry around over a small period of time. All told, it weighs 6.8 lbs — the Stihl BGE 71 is neither the lightest nor the heaviest electric handheld leaf blower on the market.
- Speed Settings: Not all jobs need full power. The BGE 71 has 2 speed settings so, you can blow more or less air from the blower depending on the job.
- Noise: As far as electric handheld blowers go, this one is average in terms of noise with a rating of 64 dB.
The Stihl BGE 71's performance versus other blowers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea how the key specs of the Stihl BGE 71 compare with similar leaf blowers.
- Its max air speed of 148 MPH places it at the approximate midpoint in comparison to other electric handheld leaf blowers (the one expelling air at the fastest speed being the Worx WG518 with 250 MPH).
- Regarding its power, the airflow of the Stihl BGE 71 can reach 285 CFM (Cubic Feet per Minute), which is on the low end for electric handheld leaf blowers (the biggest expelled air volume belonging to the Toro PowerJet™ F700 51624 with 725 CFM).
The bottom line
- Acceptable Noise (64 dB)
- Decent Weight (6.8 lbs)
- Decent MPH (148 MPH)
- Low CFM (285 CFM)
Stihl AG & Company KG was founded by Andreas Stihl in 1926. The German company specializes in handheld outdoor power equipment. Over the past fifty years, Stihl has opened manufacturing plants in Brazil, the United States, and China. The German company’s sure and steady expansion has made it a leading provider of in the lawn, forestry, and landscape maintenance industries.
Warranty InformationThe Stihl BGE 71 is covered under a warranty for up to 2 years. This warranty may not cover all parts of the blower.
For more information about the warranty of Stihl blowers, please consult Stihl's warranty policies. Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-800-467-8445