The Stihl BGE 71 is a corded leaf blower delivering 285 CFM at 148 MPH. It features a 9.2 Amp engine. (Read full specs)
Features and Specifications
|CFM||Up to 285|
|MPH||Up to 148|
|Blowing Force||9 N|
|Noise rating||64 dB|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue. Should you wish more detailed specs on the Stihl BGE 71, the user manual is available here (opens in a new tab).
Overview of the Stihl BGE 71
- Power: The Stihl BGE 71 can force 285 cubic feet of air per minute (CFM) from its nozzle at a maximum speed of 148 MPH.
- Power delivery: This is a corded blower, so its 9.2 Amp motor needs to be plugged into a power source during use. Note that the power cord might not be included with the blower. Should you wish to obtain one, use our gauge calculator.
- Cord Lock Mechanism: It has a cord lock mechanism, so there’s far less risk of having the cord come unplugged when the unit is in operation.
- Handling: Being handheld, this blower has a good maneuverability and is meant to be easier to carry around over a small period of time. At 6.8 lbs, the Stihl BGE 71 is within the average weight range of electric handheld blowers.
- Speed Settings: Stihl designed the BGE 71 with control and precision in mind. That’s why this model has 2 speed settings, meaning that its air output can be adjusted to suit the user’s needs.
- Noise: Its noise rating of 64 dB can be considered the standard for similar electric handheld blowers.
The Stihl BGE 71's performance versus other blowers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea how the key specs of the Stihl BGE 71 compare with similar leaf blowers.
- Upon exiting the nozzle, the air can reach speeds of up to 148 MPH, which is pretty much what is to be expected for electric handheld blowers (the one expelling air at the fastest speed being the Craftsman CMEBL7000 with 260 MPH).
- It’s capable of expelling a maximum air volume of 285 CFM (cubic feet per minute). This places it at the low end compared to other electric handheld blowers (the biggest expelled air volume belonging to the Worx Turbine WG521 with 800 CFM).
Stihl AG & Company KG was founded by Andreas Stihl in 1926. The German company specializes in handheld outdoor power equipment. Over the past fifty years, Stihl has opened manufacturing plants in Brazil, the United States, and China. The German company’s sure and steady expansion has made it a leading provider of in the lawn, forestry, and landscape maintenance industries.
The Stihl BGE 71 is covered under a warranty for up to 2 years. This warranty may not cover all parts of the blower.
For more information about the warranty of Stihl blowers, please consult Stihl's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-800-467-8445.
Questions & Answers
There are no questions yet. Ask the first question.