The Stihl BGE 71 is a corded leaf blower delivering 285 CFM at 148 MPH. It features a 9.2-amp motor. (Read full specs)
Features and Specifications
|CFM||Up to 285|
|MPH||Up to 148|
|Blowing Force||9 N|
|Noise rating||64 dB|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue. Should you wish more detailed specs on the Stihl BGE 71, the user manual is available here (opens in a new tab).
Overview of the Stihl BGE 71
- Power: The Stihl BGE 71 is an electric blower with a maximum air volume rating of 285 cubic feet per minute (CFM) and an air speed of 148 MPH.
- Power delivery: This is a corded blower, so its 9.2 Amp motor needs to be plugged into a power source during use. Please note that some manufacturers don’t include the cord with the unit. If this is the case, or if you’re looking to buy a backup, please use our gauge calculator to ensure you’re buying the right cord for your blower.
- Cord Lock Mechanism: Anyone who has experienced the frustration of having their blower suddenly stop from being accidentally unplugged will be glad to know that the BGE 71 has a 'cord lock' mechanism.
- Handling: Being handheld, this blower has a good maneuverability and is meant to be easier to carry around over a small period of time. At 6.8 lbs, the Stihl BGE 71 is within the average weight range of electric handheld blowers.
- Speed Settings: Stihl designed the BGE 71 with control and precision in mind. That’s why this model has 2 speed settings, meaning that its air output can be adjusted to suit the user’s needs.
- Noise: With a decibel rating of 64 dB, the BGE 71 is neither louder nor quieter than its rivals in the electric handheld category.
The Stihl BGE 71's performance versus other blowers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea how the key specs of the Stihl BGE 71 compare with similar leaf blowers.
- Its max air speed of 148 MPH places it at the approximate midpoint in comparison to other electric handheld blowers (the one expelling air at the fastest speed being the Craftsman CMEBL7000 with 260 MPH).
- It’s capable of expelling a maximum air volume of 285 CFM (cubic feet per minute). This places it at the low end compared to other electric handheld blowers (the biggest expelled air volume belonging to the Worx Turbine WG521 with 800 CFM).
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other corded blowers, the Stihl BGE 71 is on the expensive side of the price range.
While certainly not the cheapest of its kind, purchasing it could most likely also mean enjoying the reliability of a high-end product.
Stihl AG & Company KG was founded by Andreas Stihl in 1926. The German company specializes in handheld outdoor power equipment. Over the past fifty years, Stihl has opened manufacturing plants in Brazil, the United States, and China. The German company’s sure and steady expansion has made it a leading provider of in the lawn, forestry, and landscape maintenance industries.
The Stihl BGE 71 is covered under a warranty for up to 2 years. This warranty may not cover all parts of the blower.
For more information about the warranty of Stihl blowers, please consult Stihl's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-800-467-8445.
Questions & Answers
There are no questions yet. Ask the first question.