Features and Specifications
|CFM||Up to 285|
|MPH||Up to 148|
|Blowing Force||9 N|
|Noise Rating||64 dB|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue. Should you wish more detailed specs on the Stihl BGE 71, the user manual is available here.
Overview of the Stihl BGE 71
- Power: The Stihl BGE 71 can force 285 cubic feet of air per minute (CFM) from its nozzle at a maximum speed of 148 MPH.
- Power delivery: Being that it is a corded blower with a 9.2 Amp engine, the BGE 71 requires a steady power source and must be plugged in when using it. Note that the power cord might not be included with the blower. Should you wish to obtain one, use our gauge calculator.
- Cord Lock Mechanism: Corded power tools can sometimes inadvertently be unplugged during operation. The Stihl BGE 71 prevents such accidents by featuring a cord lock mechanism.
- Handling: For those who are looking for a portable and convenient leaf blower, this model is a strong candidate. It’s designed for easy handling and use, and its size means it’s easily carried and stored. At 6.8 lbs, the Stihl BGE 71 is within the average weight range of electric handheld leaf blowers.
- Speed Settings: Not all jobs need full power. The BGE 71 has 2 speed settings so, you can blow more or less air from the blower depending on the job.
- Noise: As far as electric handheld blowers go, this one is average in terms of noise with a rating of 64 dB.
The Stihl BGE 71's performance versus other blowers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea how the key specs of the Stihl BGE 71 compare with similar leaf blowers.
- Forced air leaving this blower’s nozzle has been clocked at 148 MPH. That makes the BGE 71 average in terms of air speed for electric handheld leaf blowers (the one expelling air at the fastest speed being the Worx WG518 with 250 MPH).
- Regarding its air volume, the airflow of the Stihl BGE 71 can reach 285 CFM (Cubic Feet per Minute), which is on the low end for electric handheld leaf blowers (the biggest expelled air volume belonging to the Toro PowerJet™ F700 51624 with 725 CFM).
The bottom line
- Acceptable Noise (64 dB)
- Decent Weight (6.8 lbs)
- Decent MPH (148 MPH)
- Low CFM (285 CFM)
Where to buy the Stihl BGE 71?
Stihl AG & Company KG was founded by Andreas Stihl in 1926. The German company specializes in handheld outdoor power equipment. Over the past fifty years, Stihl has opened manufacturing plants in Brazil, the United States, and China. The German company’s sure and steady expansion has made it a leading provider of in the lawn, forestry, and landscape maintenance industries.
Warranty InformationThe Stihl BGE 71 is covered under a warranty for up to 2 years. This warranty may not cover all parts of the blower.
For more information about the warranty of Stihl blowers, please consult Stihl's warranty policies. Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-800-467-8445.