The Stihl BGE 71 is a 2-in-1 blower/vacuum delivering 285 CFM at 148 MPH. It features a 9.2-amp brushless motor. (Read full specs)
2 speeds + Vacuum capable
Features and Specifications
|Up to 285
|Up to 148
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue. Should you wish more detailed specs on the Stihl BGE 71, the user manual is available here (opens in a new tab).
Overview of the Stihl BGE 71
- Power: The Stihl BGE 71 can force 285 cubic feet of air per minute (CFM) from its nozzle at a maximum speed of 148 MPH.
- Power delivery: This unit, featuring a 9.2 Amp motor, is a corded blower. It must be plugged into an electrical outlet with a reliable power source at all times during operation. Please note that some manufacturers don’t include the cord with the unit. If this is the case, or if you’re looking to buy a backup, please use our gauge calculator to ensure you’re buying the right cord for your blower.
- Cord Lock Mechanism: This unit has a handy 'cord lock' feature, which prevents it from being unplugged during use.
- Handling: Being handheld, this blower has a good maneuverability and is meant to be easier to carry around over a small period of time. When compared to other electric handheld blowers, the Stihl BGE 71 stands out due to its lower weight: just 6.8 lbs.
- Speed Settings: With 2 speed settings, this blower’s output can be set to meet the needs of jobs big or small.
- Vacuum: It features a vacuum allowing it to suck up leaf and debris once the sweeping job is complete (vacuum kit and bag not included).
- Noise: With a decibel rating of 64 dB, the BGE 71 is neither louder nor quieter than its rivals in the electric handheld category.
The Stihl BGE 71's performance versus other blowers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea how the key specs of the Stihl BGE 71 compare with similar leaf blowers.
- Upon exiting the nozzle, the air can reach speeds of up to 148 MPH, which is pretty much what is to be expected for electric handheld blowers. If you wish to benefit from air expelled at the fastest possible speed, the Toro Ultra Blower Vac 51619 and its 260 MPH could be an option to consider.
- As this unit is rated at 285 CFM (cubic feet per minute), it expells less air than most electric handheld blowers. For the highest air volume, you may want to have a look at the Bauer 58905, which boasts with 805 CFM.
As you can see from these interactive charts, when compared to other blower vacs, the Stihl BGE 71 is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this blower nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of product.
Stihl AG & Company KG was founded by Andreas Stihl in 1926. The German company specializes in handheld outdoor power equipment. Over the past fifty years, Stihl has opened manufacturing plants in Brazil, the United States, and China. The German company’s sure and steady expansion has made it a leading provider of in the lawn, forestry, and landscape maintenance industries.
The Stihl BGE 71 is covered under a warranty for up to 2 years. This warranty may not cover all parts of the blower.
For more information about the warranty of Stihl blowers, please consult Stihl's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-800-467-8445.
Questions & Answers
There are no questions yet. Ask the first question.