Features and Specifications
|CFM||Up to 400|
|MPH||Up to 150|
|Blowing Force||12 N|
|Engine Displacement||27.2 cc|
|Fuel Tank||35.5 fl. oz.|
|Noise Rating||70 dB|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue. Should you wish more detailed specs on the Stihl BR 200, the user manual is available here.
Overview of the Stihl BR 200
- Power: The BR 200, built by Stihl, is a gas-powered leaf blower capable of expelling a maximum air volume of 400 cubic feet per minute (CFM). Its air speed is rated at 150 MPH.
- Handling: As this unit is a backpack leaf blower, the majority of the unit is distributed so that the user can operate it with ease for most reasonable periods of use. Its throttle is located on the tube, which allows you to keep your left hand free. Among other gas-powered backpack blowers, the Stihl BR 200 can be considered light, weighing only 12.6 lbs.
- Engine: Its 2-Mix engine boasts a displacement of 27.2 cc. Please be aware that 2-cycle engines like this one require a mixture of gas and oil in order to run. For the Stihl BR 200, this ratio is 50:1. You can find more information about Stihl's 2-Mix engine technology below.
- Speed Settings: Thanks to its variable speed settings, the Stihl BR 200 allows precise control of the air output.
- Noise: With a decibel rating of 70 dB, the BR 200 is neither louder nor quieter than its rivals in the gas-powered backpack category.
- Fuel Tank: The fuel tank has a capacity of 35.5 fl. oz. Although this is not especially impressive, it allows the unit to maintain a decent overall weight, making it more portable and comfortable to use.
The Stihl BR 200's performance versus other blowers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea how the key specs of the Stihl BR 200 compare with similar leaf blowers.
- Maxing out at 150 MPH at full power, this blower is on the lower end in terms of air speed for gas-powered backpack blowers (the one expelling air at the fastest speed being the Husqvarna 150BT with 251 MPH).
- Its max air volume rating (400 cubic feet per minute) means it is really not the biggest air producer of gas-powered backpack leaf blowers (the biggest expelled air volume belonging to the Echo PB-8010H with 1071 CFM).
Here's a list of the most popular specific comparisons:
2-Mix Engine Technology
Stihl's 2-Mix engine is a more eco-friendly and powerful approach to the traditional 2 stroke engine. It features what Stihl calls "stratified scavenging", which simply means that a layer of air is created between the combustion chamber and the crankcase. This action allows the engine to separate fresh fuel from the exhaust, which in turn minimizes the scavenging losses and eliminates the components of the mix that pose a health and environmental hazard (compliant with European Emissions Directive, Stage II). The 2-Mix engine offers a high torque over a wide speed range, a fuel consumption up to 20% lower than conventional 2-cycle engines, and fewer harmful emissions.
The bottom line
- 2-Mix Engine
- Lightweight (12.6 lbs)
- Acceptable Noise (70 dB)
- Small Tank (35.5 fl. oz.)
- Low CFM (400 CFM)
- Low MPH (150 MPH)
Stihl AG & Company KG was founded by Andreas Stihl in 1926. The German company specializes in handheld outdoor power equipment. Over the past fifty years, Stihl has opened manufacturing plants in Brazil, the United States, and China. The German company’s sure and steady expansion has made it a leading provider of in the lawn, forestry, and landscape maintenance industries.
The Stihl BR 200 is covered under a warranty for up to 2 years. This warranty may not cover all parts of the blower.
For more information about the warranty of Stihl blowers, please consult Stihl's warranty policies. Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-800-467-8445.
Questions & Answers
QDoes it have variable constantly set speeds. I am female and would like to keep left hand free and like light weight (Asked November 01, 2019)
AYes, the throttle of the BR200 can be locked in any position.
Couldn't find the right answer for you? Ask your own question.