The Stihl BR 200 is a gas-powered backpack leaf blower delivering 400 CFM at 150 MPH. It features a 2-cycle 27.2 cc engine. (Read full specs)
Features and Specifications
|CFM||Up to 400|
|MPH||Up to 150|
|Blowing Force||12 N|
|Engine displacement||27.2 cc|
|Fuel tank||35.5 fl. oz.|
|Noise rating||70 dB|
|Other model numbers||4241 011 1606 US|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue. Should you wish more detailed specs on the Stihl BR 200, the user manual is available here (opens in a new tab).
Overview of the Stihl BR 200
- Power: The Stihl BR 200 is a gas-powered blower with a maximum air volume rating of 400 cubic feet per minute (CFM) and an air speed of 150 MPH.
- Handling: As this unit is a backpack leaf blower, the majority of the unit is distributed so that the user can operate it with ease for most reasonable periods of use. Its throttle is located on the tube, which allows you to keep your left hand free. When compared to other gas-powered backpack blowers, the Stihl BR 200 stands out due to its lower weight: just 12.6 lbs.
- Engine: This blower is fitted with a 27.2 cc 2-Mix engine. As you may or may not know, 2-stroke engines require a mixture of gasoline and oil in order to keep all the moving parts lubricated while fuelling the engine’s internal combustion. The fuel/oil ratio recommended by Stihl for the BR 200 is 50:1. You can find more information about Stihl's 2-Mix engine technology below.
- Speed Settings: To provide more control over their job to the user, the unit has a variable speed control setting. No matter the size of the job, the user can adjust the airflow of the Stihl BR 200 to match it. On top of that, maintaining the selected speed is effortless, as it also features cruise control.
- Noise: As far as gas-powered backpack blowers go, this one is average in terms of noise with a rating of 70 dB.
- Fuel Tank: The fuel tank can hold 35.5 fl. oz. What it loses in fuel capacity compared to many other backpack blowers, the BR 200 gains in portability by having a more manageable weight.
The Stihl BR 200's performance versus other blowers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea how the key specs of the Stihl BR 200 compare with similar leaf blowers.
- Maxing out at 150 MPH at full power, this blower is on the lower end in terms of air speed for gas-powered backpack blowers. For the fastest air speed in this category, you may want to consider the Husqvarna 150BT, which can expell air at a velocity that can reach 270 MPH.
- Its max air volume rating (400 cubic feet per minute) means it is really not the biggest air producer of gas-powered backpack blowers. For the highest air volume, you may want to have a look at the Echo PB-9010T, which boasts with 1110 CFM.
Here's a list of the most popular specific comparisons:
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other gas backpack blowers, the Stihl BR 200 is on the cheap side of the price range.
It can therefore be a really good buy if you're looking to acquire a budget blower.
2-Mix Engine Technology
Stihl's 2-Mix engine is a more eco-friendly and powerful approach to the traditional 2 stroke engine. It features what Stihl calls "stratified scavenging", which simply means that a layer of air is created between the combustion chamber and the crankcase. This action allows the engine to separate fresh fuel from the exhaust, which in turn minimizes the scavenging losses and eliminates the components of the mix that pose a health and environmental hazard (compliant with European Emissions Directive, Stage II). The 2-Mix engine offers a high torque over a wide speed range, a fuel consumption up to 20% lower than conventional 2-cycle engines, and fewer harmful emissions.
Stihl AG & Company KG was founded by Andreas Stihl in 1926. The German company specializes in handheld outdoor power equipment. Over the past fifty years, Stihl has opened manufacturing plants in Brazil, the United States, and China. The German company’s sure and steady expansion has made it a leading provider of in the lawn, forestry, and landscape maintenance industries.
The Stihl BR 200 is covered under a warranty for up to 2 years. This warranty may not cover all parts of the blower.
For more information about the warranty of Stihl blowers, please consult Stihl's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-800-467-8445.
Questions & Answers
Does it have variable constantly set speeds. I am female and would like to keep left hand free and like light weight (Asked November 1, 2019)
Yes, the throttle of the BR200 can be locked in any position.
Can this (BR200) be converted to vacuum? (Asked July 6, 2021)
The unit cannot vacuum leaves.
Couldn't find the right answer for you? Ask your own question.