The Stihl BR 350 is a gas-powered backpack leaf blower delivering 436 CFM at 201 MPH. It features a 2-cycle 63.3cc engine. (Read full specs)
Features and Specifications
|CFM||Up to 436|
|MPH||Up to 201|
|Blowing Force||17 N|
|Fuel tank||57.5 fl. oz.|
|Noise rating||74 dB|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue. Should you wish more detailed specs on the Stihl BR 350, the user manual is available here (opens in a new tab).
Overview of the Stihl BR 350
- Power: The Stihl BR 350 is a gas-powered blower with a maximum air volume rating of 436 cubic feet per minute (CFM) and an air speed of 201 MPH.
- Handling: By design, this model isn’t the smallest leaf blower on the market. It’s meant to be carried as a backpack so that the bulk of the unit is out of the way and the user’s hands are free to manipulate the nozzle. Its throttle is located on the tube, which allows you to keep your left hand free. All told, it weighs 22 lbs — the Stihl BR 350 is neither the lightest nor the heaviest gas-powered backpack blower on the market.
- Engine: This blower is fitted with a 63.3cc 2-MIX engine. As you may or may not know, 2-stroke engines require a mixture of gasoline and oil in order to keep all the moving parts lubricated while fuelling the engine’s internal combustion. The fuel/oil ratio recommended by Stihl for the BR 350 is 50:1.
- Speed Settings: With its variable speed settings, the Stihl BR 350 allows you to precisely control its air output. In addition, the blower is also equipped with cruise control, with which the user can easily maintain the selected settings.
- Noise: With a decibel rating of 74 dB, the BR 350 is neither louder nor quieter than its rivals in the gas-powered backpack category.
- Fuel Tank: With a capacity of 57.5 fl. oz., this Stihl blower is average compared to other gas backpack blowers.
The Stihl BR 350's performance versus other blowers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea how the key specs of the Stihl BR 350 compare with similar leaf blowers.
- Air expelled from the nozzle of this blower can reach 201 MPH. When compared to others of this type, the BR 350 has a lower air speed than most gas-powered backpack blowers. For the fastest air speed in this category, you may want to consider the Husqvarna 150BT, which can expell air at a velocity that can reach 270 MPH.
- As this unit is rated at 436 CFM (cubic feet per minute), it expells less air than most gas-powered backpack blowers. For the highest air volume, you may want to have a look at the Echo PB-9010T, which boasts with 1110 CFM.
Here's a list of the most popular specific comparisons:
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other gas backpack blowers, the Stihl BR 350 is on the cheap side of the price range.
It can therefore be a really good buy if you're looking to acquire a budget blower.
2-Mix Engine Technology
Stihl's 2-Mix engine is a more eco-friendly and powerful approach to the traditional 2-stroke engine. It features what Stihl calls "stratified scavenging", which simply means that a layer of air is created between the combustion chamber and the crankcase. This action allows the engine to separate fresh fuel from the exhaust, which in turn minimizes the scavenging losses and eliminates the components of the mix that pose a health and environmental hazard (compliant with European Emissions Directive, Stage II). The 2-Mix engine offers a high torque over a wide speed range, a fuel consumption up to 20% lower than conventional 2-cycle engines, and fewer harmful emissions.
Stihl AG & Company KG was founded by Andreas Stihl in 1926. The German company specializes in handheld outdoor power equipment. Over the past fifty years, Stihl has opened manufacturing plants in Brazil, the United States, and China. The German company’s sure and steady expansion has made it a leading provider of in the lawn, forestry, and landscape maintenance industries.
The Stihl BR 350 is covered under a warranty for up to 2 years. This warranty may not cover all parts of the blower.
For more information about the warranty of Stihl blowers, please consult Stihl's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-800-467-8445.
Questions & Answers
There are no questions yet. Ask the first question.