-No User ReviewsWrite a review
Features and Specifications
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
Overview of the Stihl BR 430
- Power: The Stihl BR 430 is a gas-powered leaf blower with a maximum air volume rating of 500 cubic feet per minute (CFM) and an air speed of 219 MPH.
- Handling: Like most backpack blowers, this model is technically heavier than a handheld. That being said, it can feel lighter and more comfortable because of the way it is carried, even when used over extended periods of time. All told, it weighs 22.3 lbs — the Stihl BR 430 is neither the lightest nor the heaviest gas-powered backpack leaf blower on the market.
- Engine: This blower is fitted with a 57.5 cc 2-MIX engine. Please be aware that 2-cycle engines like this one require a mixture of gas and oil in order to run.
- Speed Settings: For those who are keen on having complete control while operating their leaf blower, the BR 430 offers variable speed settings.
- Noise: With a decibel rating of 76 dB, the BR 430 is neither louder nor quieter than its rivals in the gas-powered backpack category.
- Fuel Tank: With a capacity of 57.5 fl. oz., this Stihl blower is average when compared to other gas-powered backpack leaf blowers.
The Stihl BR 430's performance versus other blowers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea how the key specs of the Stihl BR 430 compare with similar leaf blowers.
- Forced air exiting this blower has been clocked at a max speed of 219 MPH. This puts the BR 430 ahead of the pack as far as air speed is concerned in gas-powered backpack leaf blowers (the one expelling air at the fastest speed being the Husqvarna 150BT with 251 MPH).
- As this unit is rated at 500 CFM (cubic feet per minute), it is less powerful than most gas-powered backpack leaf blowers (the biggest expelled air volume belonging to the Stihl BR 700 with 912 CFM).
The bottom line
- High MPH (219 MPH)
- Decent Tank (57.5 fl. oz.)
- Acceptable Noise (76 dB)
- Decent Weight (22.3 lbs)
- Low CFM (500 CFM)
Stihl AG & Company KG was founded by Andreas Stihl in 1926. The German company specializes in handheld outdoor power equipment. Over the past fifty years, Stihl has opened manufacturing plants in Brazil, the United States, and China. The German company’s sure and steady expansion has made it a leading provider of in the lawn, forestry, and landscape maintenance industries.
Warranty InformationThe Stihl BR 430 is covered under a warranty for up to 2 years. This warranty may not cover all parts of the blower.
For more information about the warranty of Stihl blowers, please consult Stihl's warranty policies. Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-800-467-8445