Features and Specifications
|CFM||Up to 500|
|MPH||Up to 219|
|Blowing Force||26 N|
|Engine Displacement||57.5 cc|
|Fuel Tank||57.5 fl. oz.|
|Noise Rating||76 dB|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue. Should you wish more detailed specs on the Stihl BR 430, the user manual is available here.
Overview of the Stihl BR 430
- Power: The BR 430, built by Stihl, is a gas-powered leaf blower capable of expelling a maximum air volume of 500 cubic feet per minute (CFM). Its air speed is rated at 219 MPH.
- Handling: As this unit is a backpack leaf blower, the majority of the unit is distributed so that the user can operate it with ease for most reasonable periods of use. Its throttle is located on the tube, which allows you to keep your left hand free. At 22.3 lbs, the Stihl BR 430 is within the average weight range of gas-powered backpack blowers.
- Engine: This blower is fitted with a 57.5 cc 2-MIX engine. As you may or may not know, 2-stroke engines require a mixture of gasoline and oil in order to keep all the moving parts lubricated while fuelling the engine’s internal combustion. The fuel/oil ratio recommended by Stihl for the BR 430 is 50:1.
- Speed Settings: Thanks to its variable speed settings, the Stihl BR 430 allows precise control of the air output.
- Noise: As far as gas-powered backpack blowers go, this one is average in terms of noise with a rating of 76 dB.
- Fuel Tank: Its tank can hold 57.5 fl. oz., so it falls squarely in the average in terms of fuel capacity.
The Stihl BR 430's performance versus other blowers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea how the key specs of the Stihl BR 430 compare with similar leaf blowers.
- It can push air from the nozzle at 219 MPH, which puts it ahead of its class in terms of air speed for gas-powered backpack blowers (the one expelling air at the fastest speed being the Husqvarna 150BT with 251 MPH).
- Its max air volume rating (500 cubic feet per minute) means it is really not the biggest air producer of gas-powered backpack leaf blowers (the biggest expelled air volume belonging to the Echo PB-8010H with 1071 CFM).
Here's a list of the most popular specific comparisons:
The bottom line
- High MPH (219 MPH)
- Decent Tank (57.5 fl. oz.)
- Acceptable Noise (76 dB)
- Decent Weight (22.3 lbs)
- Low CFM (500 CFM)
Where to buy the Stihl BR 430?
Stihl AG & Company KG was founded by Andreas Stihl in 1926. The German company specializes in handheld outdoor power equipment. Over the past fifty years, Stihl has opened manufacturing plants in Brazil, the United States, and China. The German company’s sure and steady expansion has made it a leading provider of in the lawn, forestry, and landscape maintenance industries.
The Stihl BR 430 is covered under a warranty for up to 2 years. This warranty may not cover all parts of the blower.
For more information about the warranty of Stihl blowers, please consult Stihl's warranty policies. Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-800-467-8445.
Questions & Answers
There are no questions yet. Ask the first question.