The Stihl BR 450 C-EF is a gas-powered backpack leaf blower delivering 642 CFM at 221 MPH. It features a 2-cycle 63.3 cc engine. (Read full specs)
Features and Specifications
|CFM||Up to 642|
|MPH||Up to 221|
|Blowing Force||28 N|
|Engine displacement||63.3 cc|
|Fuel tank||57.5 fl. oz.|
|Noise rating||77 dB|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue. Should you wish more detailed specs on the Stihl BR 450 C-EF, the user manual is available here (opens in a new tab).
Overview of the Stihl BR 450 C-EF
- Power: The Stihl BR 450 C-EF is a gas-powered blower with a maximum air volume rating of 642 cubic feet per minute (CFM) and an air speed of 221 MPH.
- Handling: This blower’s backpack functionality makes make it less exerting on the user, even when used for an extended period of time. Its throttle is located on the tube, which allows you to keep your left hand free. Be aware that, at 25.4 lbs, the Stihl BR 450 C-EF is on the heavier side for gas-powered backpack blowers.
- Engine: Its 2-Mix engine boasts a displacement of 63.3 cc. Please note that, because the Stihl BR 450 C-EF's engine is a 2-cycle one, it runs on a mixture of oil and gasoline. According to Stihl, the proper fuel mixture ratio for this blower is 50:1. You can find more information about Stihl's 2-Mix engine technology below.
- Speed Settings: With its variable speed settings, the Stihl BR 450 C-EF allows you to precisely control its air output. In addition, the blower is also equipped with cruise control, with which the user can easily maintain the selected settings.
- Noise: As far as gas-powered backpack blowers go, this one is average in terms of noise with a rating of 77 dB.
- Fuel Tank: Its tank can hold 57.5 fl. oz., so it falls squarely in the average in terms of fuel capacity for backpack blowers.
- Electric start: The BR 450 C-EF features an electric start. Thanks to a simple press of a button on the throttle, those maintaining large properties can begin their work quickly. It also allows users to stop and start the blower while wearing it on their back.
The Stihl BR 450 C-EF's performance versus other blowers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea how the key specs of the Stihl BR 450 C-EF compare with similar leaf blowers.
- Upon exiting the nozzle, the air can reach speeds of up to 221 MPH, which is rather impressive for a gas-powered backpack blower. If you wish to benefit from air expelled at the fastest possible speed, the Husqvarna 150BT and its 251 MPH could be an option to consider.
- Regarding its air volume, the airflow of the Stihl BR 450 C-EF can reach 642 CFM (Cubic Feet per Minute), which is on par with other gas-powered backpack blowers. If air volume is important to you, the Shindaiwa EB910RT, with 1110 CFM, could be in your good books.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other gas backpack blowers, the Stihl BR 450 C-EF is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this blower nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of product.
2-Mix Engine Technology
Stihl's 2-Mix engine is a more eco-friendly and powerful approach to the traditional 2 stroke engine. It features what Stihl calls "stratified scavenging", which simply means that a layer of air is created between the combustion chamber and the crankcase. This action allows the engine to separate fresh fuel from the exhaust, which in turn minimizes the scavenging losses and eliminates the components of the mix that pose a health and environmental hazard (compliant with European Emissions Directive, Stage II). The 2-Mix engine offers a high torque over a wide speed range, a fuel consumption up to 20% lower than conventional 2-cycle engines, and fewer harmful emissions.
Stihl AG & Company KG was founded by Andreas Stihl in 1926. The German company specializes in handheld outdoor power equipment. Over the past fifty years, Stihl has opened manufacturing plants in Brazil, the United States, and China. The German company’s sure and steady expansion has made it a leading provider of in the lawn, forestry, and landscape maintenance industries.
The Stihl BR 450 C-EF is covered under a warranty for up to 2 years. This warranty may not cover all parts of the blower.
For more information about the warranty of Stihl blowers, please consult Stihl's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-800-467-8445.
Questions & Answers
There are no questions yet. Ask the first question.