The Stihl BR 450 C-EF is a gas-powered backpack leaf blower delivering 642 CFM at 221 MPH. It features a 2-cycle 63.3 cc engine. (Read full specs)
Features and Specifications
|CFM||Up to 642|
|MPH||Up to 221|
|Blowing Force||28 N|
|Engine displacement||63.3 cc|
|Fuel tank||57.5 fl. oz.|
|Noise rating||77 dB|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue. Should you wish more detailed specs on the Stihl BR 450 C-EF, the user manual is available here (opens in a new tab).
Overview of the Stihl BR 450 C-EF
- Power: The Stihl BR 450 C-EF is a gas-powered leaf blower. It sports a max air speed of 221 MPH and a max air volume rating of 642 cubic feet per minute (CFM).
- Handling: As this unit is a backpack leaf blower, the majority of the unit is distributed so that the user can operate it with ease for most reasonable periods of use. Its throttle is located on the tube, which allows you to keep your left hand free. However, for a gas-powered backpack blower, the Stihl BR 450 C-EF is heavier than most, weighing 25.4 lbs.
- Engine: This blower is fitted with a 63.3 cc 2-Mix engine. Please note that, because the Stihl BR 450 C-EF’s engine is a 2-cycle one, it runs on a mixture of oil and gasoline. According to Stihl, the proper fuel mixture ratio for this blower is 50:1. You can find more information about Stihl's 2-Mix engine technology below.
- Speed Settings: With its variable speed settings, the Stihl BR 450 C-EF allows you to precisely control its air output. In addition, the blower is also equipped with cruise control, with which the user can easily maintain the selected settings.
- Noise: With a decibel rating of 77 dB, the BR 450 C-EF is neither louder nor quieter than its rivals in the gas-powered backpack category.
- Fuel Tank: It has an average fuel capacity, with a tank able to hold around 57.5 fl. oz of fuel.
- Electric start: The BR 450 C-EF features an electric start. Thanks to a simple press of a button on the throttle, those maintaining large properties can begin their work quickly. It also allows users to stop and start the blower while wearing it on their back.
The Stihl BR 450 C-EF's performance versus other blowers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea how the key specs of the Stihl BR 450 C-EF compare with similar leaf blowers.
- It can push air from the nozzle at 221 MPH, which puts it ahead of its class in terms of air speed for gas-powered backpack blowers (the one expelling air at the fastest speed being the Husqvarna 150BT with 251 MPH).
- It has a maximum air volume output of 642 CFM (cubic feet per minute). With this output rating, the BR 450 C-EF is well within average in relation to similar gas-powered backpack blowers (the biggest expelled air volume belonging to the Echo PB-9010T with 1110 CFM).
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other gas backpack blowers, the Stihl BR 450 C-EF is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this blower nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of product.
2-Mix Engine Technology
Stihl's 2-Mix engine is a more eco-friendly and powerful approach to the traditional 2 stroke engine. It features what Stihl calls "stratified scavenging", which simply means that a layer of air is created between the combustion chamber and the crankcase. This action allows the engine to separate fresh fuel from the exhaust, which in turn minimizes the scavenging losses and eliminates the components of the mix that pose a health and environmental hazard (compliant with European Emissions Directive, Stage II). The 2-Mix engine offers a high torque over a wide speed range, a fuel consumption up to 20% lower than conventional 2-cycle engines, and fewer harmful emissions.
Stihl AG & Company KG was founded by Andreas Stihl in 1926. The German company specializes in handheld outdoor power equipment. Over the past fifty years, Stihl has opened manufacturing plants in Brazil, the United States, and China. The German company’s sure and steady expansion has made it a leading provider of in the lawn, forestry, and landscape maintenance industries.
The Stihl BR 450 C-EF is covered under a warranty for up to 2 years. This warranty may not cover all parts of the blower.
For more information about the warranty of Stihl blowers, please consult Stihl's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-800-467-8445.
Questions & Answers
There are no questions yet. Ask the first question.