Features and Specifications
|CFM||Up to 642|
|MPH||Up to 221|
|Blowing Force||28 N|
|Engine Displacement||63.3 cc|
|Fuel Tank||57.5 fl. oz.|
|Noise Rating||77 dB|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue. Should you wish more detailed specs on the Stihl BR 450 C-EF, the user manual is available here.
Overview of the Stihl BR 450 C-EF
- Power: The Stihl BR 450 C-EF is a gas-powered blower with a maximum air volume rating of 642 cubic feet per minute (CFM) and an air speed of 221 MPH.
- Handling: As this unit is a backpack leaf blower, the majority of the unit is distributed so that the user can operate it with ease for most reasonable periods of use. Its throttle is located on the tube, which allows you to keep your left hand free. Be aware that, at 25.4 lbs, the Stihl BR 450 C-EF is on the heavier side for gas-powered backpack blowers.
- Engine: This blower's 2-Mix engine has a displacement specification of 63.3 cc. Please note that, because the Stihl BR 450 C-EF’s engine is a 2-cycle one, it runs on a mixture of oil and gasoline. According to Stihl, the proper fuel mixture ratio for this blower is 50:1. You can find more information about Stihl's 2-Mix engine technology below.
- Speed Settings: Thanks to its variable speed settings, the Stihl BR 450 C-EF allows precise control of the air output.
- Noise: As far as gas-powered backpack blowers go, this one is average in terms of noise with a rating of 77 dB.
- Fuel Tank: It has an average fuel capacity, with a tank able to hold around 57.5 fl. oz of fuel.
- Easy2Start™: The BR 450 C-EF has the letter “E” in its name, which is Stihl’s indication that it benefits from Stihl’s proprietary Easy2Start™ (also called “ErgoStart”) technology. As the name suggests, this technology makes the starter mechanism more reliable thanks to an additional spring between the crankshaft and the starter rope. Upon pulling the starter rope, the engine will attempt to start regardless of how hard the rope was pulled – even a simple two-finger pull is sufficient to start it. Easy2Start™ allows the BR 450 C-EF to be started with remarkably less effort than most other blowers.
The Stihl BR 450 C-EF's performance versus other blowers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea how the key specs of the Stihl BR 450 C-EF compare with similar leaf blowers.
- Forced air exiting this blower has been clocked at a max speed of 221 MPH. This puts the BR 450 C-EF ahead of the pack as far as air speed is concerned in gas-powered backpack blowers (the one expelling air at the fastest speed being the Husqvarna 150BT with 251 MPH).
- The BR 450 C-EF is average in terms of air volume. It's rated at 642 CFM, which is common for gas-powered backpack leaf blowers (the biggest expelled air volume belonging to the Echo PB-8010H with 1071 CFM).
2-Mix Engine Technology
Stihl's 2-Mix engine is a more eco-friendly and powerful approach to the traditional 2 stroke engine. It features what Stihl calls "stratified scavenging", which simply means that a layer of air is created between the combustion chamber and the crankcase. This action allows the engine to separate fresh fuel from the exhaust, which in turn minimizes the scavenging losses and eliminates the components of the mix that pose a health and environmental hazard (compliant with European Emissions Directive, Stage II). The 2-Mix engine offers a high torque over a wide speed range, a fuel consumption up to 20% lower than conventional 2-cycle engines, and fewer harmful emissions.
The bottom line
- Easy2Start™ Technology
- 2-Mix Engine
- High MPH (221 MPH)
- Decent Tank (57.5 fl. oz.)
- Acceptable Noise (77 dB)
- Decent CFM (642 CFM)
- Quite heavy (25.4 lbs)
Where to buy the Stihl BR 450 C-EF?
Stihl AG & Company KG was founded by Andreas Stihl in 1926. The German company specializes in handheld outdoor power equipment. Over the past fifty years, Stihl has opened manufacturing plants in Brazil, the United States, and China. The German company’s sure and steady expansion has made it a leading provider of in the lawn, forestry, and landscape maintenance industries.
The Stihl BR 450 C-EF is covered under a warranty for up to 2 years. This warranty may not cover all parts of the blower.
For more information about the warranty of Stihl blowers, please consult Stihl's warranty policies. Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-800-467-8445.
Questions & Answers
There are no questions yet. Ask the first question.