-No User ReviewsWrite a review
Features and Specifications
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
Overview of the Stihl BR 450 C-EF
- Power: The BR 450 C-EF, built by Stihl, is a gas-powered leaf blower capable of expelling a maximum air volume of 642 cubic feet per minute (CFM). Its air speed is rated at 221 MPH.
- Handling: By design, this model isn’t the smallest leaf blower on the market. It’s meant to be carried as a backpack so that the bulk of the unit is out of the way and the user’s hands are free to manipulate the nozzle. Be aware that, at 25.4 lbs, the Stihl BR 450 C-EF is on the heavier side for gas-powered backpack leaf blowers.
- Engine: This blower is fitted with a 63.3 cc 2-Mix engine. Being that this is a 2-stroke engine, it must be fuelled using a mix of gas and oil. The proper fuel mixture ratio can be found in your BR 450 C-EF user manual. You can find more information about Stihl's 2-Mix engine technology below.
- Speed Settings: In order to afford more control to the user, this unit has a variable speed control. No matter the size of the job, the user can adjust the airflow of the Stihl BR 450 C-EF to match.
- Noise: As far as gas-powered backpack blowers go, this one is average in terms of noise with a rating of 77 dB.
- Fuel Tank: Its tank can hold 57.5 fl. oz., so it falls squarely in the average in terms of fuel capacity.
- Easy2Start™: The BR 450 C-EF has the letter “E” in its name, which is Stihl’s indication that it benefits from Stihl’s proprietary Easy2Start™ (also called “ErgoStart”) technology. As the name suggests, this technology makes the starter mechanism more reliable thanks to an additional spring between the crankshaft and the starter rope. Upon pulling the starter rope, the engine will attempt to start regardless of how hard the rope was pulled – even a simple two-finger pull is sufficient to start it. Easy2Start™ allows the BR 450 C-EF to be started with remarkably less effort than most other blowers.
The Stihl BR 450 C-EF's performance versus other blowers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea how the key specs of the Stihl BR 450 C-EF compare with similar leaf blowers.
- Air exiting the nozzle of this blower can reach 221 MPH, which is quite a bit faster than most gas-powered backpack leaf blowers (the one expelling air at the fastest speed being the Husqvarna 150BT with 251 MPH).
- The BR 450 C-EF is average in terms of power. It's rated at 642 CFM, which is common for gas-powered backpack leaf blowers (the biggest expelled air volume belonging to the Stihl BR 700 with 912 CFM).
2-Mix Engine Technology
Stihl's 2-Mix engine is a more eco-friendly and powerful approach to the traditional 2 stroke engine. It features what Stihl calls "stratified scavenging", which simply means that a layer of air is created between the combustion chamber and the crankcase. This action allows the engine to separate fresh fuel from the exhaust, which in turn minimizes the scavenging losses and eliminates the components of the mix that pose a health and environmental hazard (compliant with European Emissions Directive, Stage II). The 2-Mix engine offers a high torque over a wide speed range, a fuel consumption up to 20% lower than conventional 2-cycle engines, and fewer harmful emissions.
The bottom line
- Easy2Start™ Technology
- 2-Mix Engine
- High MPH (221 MPH)
- Decent Tank (57.5 fl. oz.)
- Acceptable Noise (77 dB)
- Decent CFM (642 CFM)
- Quite heavy (25.4 lbs)
Where to buy the Stihl BR 450 C-EF?
Stihl AG & Company KG was founded by Andreas Stihl in 1926. The German company specializes in handheld outdoor power equipment. Over the past fifty years, Stihl has opened manufacturing plants in Brazil, the United States, and China. The German company’s sure and steady expansion has made it a leading provider of in the lawn, forestry, and landscape maintenance industries.
Warranty InformationThe Stihl BR 450 C-EF is covered under a warranty for up to 2 years. This warranty may not cover all parts of the blower.
For more information about the warranty of Stihl blowers, please consult Stihl's warranty policies. Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-800-467-8445.