Features and Specifications
|CFM||Up to 642|
|MPH||Up to 219|
|Blowing Force||28 N|
|Engine Displacement||63.3 cc|
|Fuel Tank||57.5 fl. oz.|
|Noise Rating||77 dB|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue. Should you wish more detailed specs on the Stihl BR 450, the user manual is available here.
Overview of the Stihl BR 450
- Power: The Stihl BR 450 is a gas-powered blower with a maximum air volume rating of 642 cubic feet per minute (CFM) and an air speed of 219 MPH.
- Handling: This blower’s backpack functionality makes make it less exerting on the user, even when used for an extended period of time. Its throttle is located on the tube, which allows you to keep your left hand free. However, for a gas-powered backpack blower, the Stihl BR 450 is heavier than most, weighing 23.4 lbs.
- Engine: The engine boasts a displacement of 63.3 cc. Please note that, because the Stihl BR 450’s engine is a 2-cycle one, it runs on a mixture of oil and gasoline. According to Stihl, the proper fuel mixture ratio for this blower is 50:1.
- Speed Settings: For those who are keen on having complete control while operating their leaf blower, the BR 450 offers variable speed settings.
- Noise: As far as gas-powered backpack blowers go, this one is average in terms of noise with a rating of 77 dB.
- Fuel Tank: It has an average fuel capacity, with a tank able to hold around 57.5 fl. oz of fuel.
The Stihl BR 450's performance versus other blowers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea how the key specs of the Stihl BR 450 compare with similar leaf blowers.
- Air exiting the nozzle of this blower can reach 219 MPH, which is quite a bit faster than most gas-powered backpack blowers (the one expelling air at the fastest speed being the Husqvarna 150BT with 251 MPH).
- Regarding its air volume, the airflow of the Stihl BR 450 can reach 642 CFM (Cubic Feet per Minute), which is on par with other gas-powered backpack leaf blowers (the biggest expelled air volume belonging to the Echo PB-8010H with 1071 CFM).
Here's a list of the most popular specific comparisons:
The bottom line
- High MPH (219 MPH)
- Decent Tank (57.5 fl. oz.)
- Acceptable Noise (77 dB)
- Decent CFM (642 CFM)
- Quite heavy (23.4 lbs)
Where to buy the Stihl BR 450?
Stihl AG & Company KG was founded by Andreas Stihl in 1926. The German company specializes in handheld outdoor power equipment. Over the past fifty years, Stihl has opened manufacturing plants in Brazil, the United States, and China. The German company’s sure and steady expansion has made it a leading provider of in the lawn, forestry, and landscape maintenance industries.
The Stihl BR 450 is covered under a warranty for up to 2 years. This warranty may not cover all parts of the blower.
For more information about the warranty of Stihl blowers, please consult Stihl's warranty policies. Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-800-467-8445.
Questions & Answers
There are no questions yet. Ask the first question.