-No User ReviewsWrite a review
Features and Specifications
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
Overview of the Stihl BR 450
- Power: The BR 450, built by Stihl, is a gas-powered leaf blower capable of expelling a maximum air volume of 642 cubic feet per minute (CFM). Its air speed is rated at 219 MPH.
- Handling: Like most backpack blowers, this model is technically heavier than a handheld. That being said, it can feel lighter and more comfortable because of the way it is carried, even when used over extended periods of time. Be aware that, at 23.4 lbs, the Stihl BR 450 is on the heavier side for gas-powered backpack leaf blowers.
- Engine: The blower is fitted with a 63.3 cc engine. Since this is a 2-stroke engine, it’s important to remember that the BR 450 cannot run on gasoline alone. The fuel must be mixed with an appropriate ratio of gasoline and oil in order for it to function properly (see your user’s manual for details).
- Speed Settings: In order to afford more control to the user, this unit has a variable speed control. No matter the size of the job, the user can adjust the airflow of the Stihl BR 450 to match.
- Noise: With a noise rating of 77 dB, this blower can be considered the standard for similar gas-powered backpack blowers.
- Fuel Tank: With a capacity of 57.5 fl. oz., this Stihl blower is average when compared to other gas-powered backpack leaf blowers.
The Stihl BR 450's performance versus other blowers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea how the key specs of the Stihl BR 450 compare with similar leaf blowers.
- Air exiting the nozzle of this blower can reach 219 MPH, which is quite a bit faster than most gas-powered backpack leaf blowers (the one expelling air at the fastest speed being the Husqvarna 150BT with 251 MPH).
- The BR 450 is average in terms of power. It's rated at 642 CFM, which is common for gas-powered backpack leaf blowers (the biggest expelled air volume belonging to the Stihl BR 700 with 912 CFM).
The bottom line
- High MPH (219 MPH)
- Decent Tank (57.5 fl. oz.)
- Acceptable Noise (77 dB)
- Decent CFM (642 CFM)
- Quite heavy (23.4 lbs)
Where to buy the Stihl BR 450?
Stihl AG & Company KG was founded by Andreas Stihl in 1926. The German company specializes in handheld outdoor power equipment. Over the past fifty years, Stihl has opened manufacturing plants in Brazil, the United States, and China. The German company’s sure and steady expansion has made it a leading provider of in the lawn, forestry, and landscape maintenance industries.
Warranty InformationThe Stihl BR 450 is covered under a warranty for up to 2 years. This warranty may not cover all parts of the blower.
For more information about the warranty of Stihl blowers, please consult Stihl's warranty policies. Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-800-467-8445.