-No User ReviewsWrite a review
Features and Specifications
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
Overview of the Stihl BR 450
- Power: The BR 450 gas-powered leaf blower, manufactured by Stihl, is rated for a max air volume of 642 cubic feet per minute (CFM) and a max air speed of 219 MPH.
- Handling: As this unit is a backpack leaf blower, the majority of the unit is distributed so that the user can operate it with ease for most reasonable periods of use. However, for a gas-powered backpack blower, the Stihl BR 450 is heavier than most, weighing 23.4 lbs.
- Engine: This blower's engine has a displacement specification of 63.3 cc. Being that this is a 2-stroke engine, it must be fuelled using a mix of gas and oil. The proper fuel mixture ratio can be found in your BR 450 user manual.
- Speed Settings: Sometimes you just need a little more power, while other times you may want a little more precision when moving leaves and debris. That’s why the BR 450 features variable speed settings for added control.
- Noise: With a noise rating of 77 dB, this blower can be considered the standard for similar gas-powered backpack blowers.
- Fuel Tank: Its tank can hold 57.5 fl. oz., so it falls squarely in the average in terms of fuel capacity.
The Stihl BR 450's performance versus other blowers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea how the key specs of the Stihl BR 450 compare with similar leaf blowers.
- Air exiting the nozzle of this blower can reach 219 MPH, which is quite a bit faster than most gas-powered backpack leaf blowers (the one expelling air at the fastest speed being the Husqvarna 150BT with 251 MPH).
- The BR 450 is average in terms of power. It's rated at 642 CFM, which is common for gas-powered backpack leaf blowers (the biggest expelled air volume belonging to the Stihl BR 700 with 912 CFM).
The bottom line
- High MPH (219 MPH)
- Decent Tank (57.5 fl. oz.)
- Acceptable Noise (77 dB)
- Decent CFM (642 CFM)
- Quite heavy (23.4 lbs)
Stihl AG & Company KG was founded by Andreas Stihl in 1926. The German company specializes in handheld outdoor power equipment. Over the past fifty years, Stihl has opened manufacturing plants in Brazil, the United States, and China. The German company’s sure and steady expansion has made it a leading provider of in the lawn, forestry, and landscape maintenance industries.
Warranty InformationThe Stihl BR 450 is covered under a warranty for up to 2 years. This warranty may not cover all parts of the blower.
For more information about the warranty of Stihl blowers, please consult Stihl's warranty policies. Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-800-467-8445