The Stihl BR 500 is a gas-powered backpack leaf blower delivering 544 CFM at 207 MPH. It features a 4-cycle 64.8 cc engine. (Read full specs)
Features and Specifications
|CFM||Up to 544|
|MPH||Up to 207|
|Blowing Force||22 N|
|Engine displacement||64.8 cc|
|Fuel tank||47.3 fl. oz.|
|Noise rating||65 dB|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue. Should you wish more detailed specs on the Stihl BR 500, the user manual is available here (opens in a new tab).
Overview of the Stihl BR 500
- Power: The Stihl BR 500 is a gas-powered leaf blower. It sports a max air speed of 207 MPH and a max air volume rating of 544 cubic feet per minute (CFM).
- Handling: This blower’s backpack functionality makes make it less exerting on the user, even when used for an extended period of time. Its throttle is located on the tube, which allows you to keep your left hand free. All told, it weighs 22.3 lbs — the Stihl BR 500 is neither the lightest nor the heaviest gas-powered backpack blower on the market.
- Engine: This blower's 4-Mix engine has a displacement specification of 64.8 cc. Stihl's 4-Mix engine is a 4-stroke engine that runs with a mixture of oil and gas (50:1 ratio). You can find more details about this technology below.
- Speed Settings: For those who wish to have complete control while operating their leaf blower, the BR 500 offers variable speed settings, and moreover, is also equipped with cruise control, which allows the user to comfortably continue blowing at their preferred setting.
- Noise: Its noise rating of 65 dB can be considered the standard for similar gas-powered backpack blowers.
- Fuel Tank: With a capacity of 47.3 fl. oz., this Stihl blower is average when compared to other gas backpack blowers.
The Stihl BR 500's performance versus other blowers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea how the key specs of the Stihl BR 500 compare with similar leaf blowers.
- Its max air speed of 207 MPH places it at the approximate midpoint in comparison to other gas-powered backpack blowers (the one expelling air at the fastest speed being the Husqvarna 150BT with 251 MPH).
- Its max air volume rating (544 cubic feet per minute) means it is really not the biggest air producer of gas-powered backpack blowers (the biggest expelled air volume belonging to the Echo PB-9010T with 1110 CFM).
Here's a list of the most popular specific comparisons:
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other gas backpack blowers, the Stihl BR 500 is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this blower nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of product.
Stihl AG & Company KG was founded by Andreas Stihl in 1926. The German company specializes in handheld outdoor power equipment. Over the past fifty years, Stihl has opened manufacturing plants in Brazil, the United States, and China. The German company’s sure and steady expansion has made it a leading provider of in the lawn, forestry, and landscape maintenance industries.
The Stihl BR 500 is covered under a warranty for up to 2 years. This warranty may not cover all parts of the blower.
For more information about the warranty of Stihl blowers, please consult Stihl's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-800-467-8445.
Questions & Answers
There are no questions yet. Ask the first question.