Features and Specifications
|CFM||Up to 901|
|MPH||Up to 193|
|Blowing Force||34 N|
|Engine Displacement||64.8 cc|
|Fuel Tank||47.3 fl. oz.|
|Noise Rating||75 dB|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue. Should you wish more detailed specs on the Stihl BR 700 X, the user manual is available here.
Overview of the Stihl BR 700 X
- Power: The BR 700 X, built by Stihl, is a gas-powered leaf blower capable of expelling a maximum air volume of 901 cubic feet per minute (CFM). Its air speed is rated at 193 MPH.
- Handling: This blower’s backpack functionality makes make it less exerting on the user, even when used for an extended period of time. Its throttle is located on the tube, which allows you to keep your left hand free. However, for a gas-powered backpack blower, the Stihl BR 700 X is heavier than most, weighing 23 lbs.
- Engine: Its 4-Mix engine boasts a displacement of 64.8 cc. Stihl's 4-Mix engine is a 4-stroke engine that runs with a mixture of oil and gas (50:1 ratio). You can find more details about this technology below.
- Speed Settings: Sometimes you just need a little more power, while other times you may want a little more precision when moving leaves and debris. That’s why the BR 700 X features variable speed settings for added control.
- Noise: With a decibel rating of 75 dB, the BR 700 X is neither louder nor quieter than its rivals in the gas-powered backpack category.
- Fuel Tank: It has an average fuel capacity, with a tank able to hold around 47.3 fl. oz of fuel.
The Stihl BR 700 X's performance versus other blowers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea how the key specs of the Stihl BR 700 X compare with similar leaf blowers.
- Upon exiting the nozzle, the air can reach speeds of up to 193 MPH, which is on the lower end for gas-powered backpack blowers (the one expelling air at the fastest speed being the Husqvarna 150BT with 251 MPH).
- The BR 700 X is powerful, with an airflow rating of 901 CFM (cubic feet per minute). This is certainly on the high end compared to other gas-powered backpack leaf blowers (the biggest expelled air volume belonging to the Echo PB-8010H with 1071 CFM).
4-Mix Engine Technology
Stihl's 4-Mix engine combines the advantages of 2-cycle and 4-cycle engines. This award-winning 4-stroke engine runs on a mix of petrol and oil (1:50). For this to happen, the petrol-oil mix enters the cylinder head through a bypass channel in order to offer full lubrication, which avoids the need for parts like an oil pump, sump or tank (which are compulsory for traditional 4-stroke engines). Therefore, there is no oil servicing to do (easy maintenance), the leaf blower is lighter (due to fewer parts) and its overall noise is lower. Additionally, all 4-MIX engines are fitted with a system that considerably reduces the effort needed to pull the starter rope.
The bottom line
- 4-Mix Engine
- High CFM (901 CFM)
- Decent Tank (47.3 fl. oz.)
- Acceptable Noise (75 dB)
- Quite heavy (23 lbs)
- Low MPH (193 MPH)
Where to buy the Stihl BR 700 X?
Stihl AG & Company KG was founded by Andreas Stihl in 1926. The German company specializes in handheld outdoor power equipment. Over the past fifty years, Stihl has opened manufacturing plants in Brazil, the United States, and China. The German company’s sure and steady expansion has made it a leading provider of in the lawn, forestry, and landscape maintenance industries.
The Stihl BR 700 X is covered under a warranty for up to 2 years. This warranty may not cover all parts of the blower.
For more information about the warranty of Stihl blowers, please consult Stihl's warranty policies. Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-800-467-8445.
Questions & Answers
There are no questions yet. Ask the first question.