The Stihl BR 700 is a gas-powered backpack leaf blower delivering 912 CFM at 197 MPH. It features a 4-cycle 64.8 cc engine. (Read full specs)
Features and Specifications
|CFM||Up to 912|
|MPH||Up to 197|
|Blowing Force||35 N|
|Engine displacement||64.8 cc|
|Fuel tank||47.3 fl. oz.|
|Noise rating||75 dB|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue. Should you wish more detailed specs on the Stihl BR 700, the user manual is available here (opens in a new tab).
Overview of the Stihl BR 700
- Power: The Stihl BR 700 is a gas-powered blower with a maximum air volume rating of 912 cubic feet per minute (CFM) and an air speed of 197 MPH.
- Handling: This blower’s backpack functionality makes make it less exerting on the user, even when used for an extended period of time. Its throttle is located on the tube, which allows you to keep your left hand free. All told, it weighs 23.4 lbs — the Stihl BR 700 is neither the lightest nor the heaviest gas-powered backpack blower on the market.
- Engine: This blower is fitted with a 64.8 cc 4-Mix engine. Stihl's 4-Mix engine is a 4-stroke engine that runs with a mixture of oil and gas (50:1 ratio). You can find more details about this technology below.
- Speed Settings: Thanks to its variable speed settings, the Stihl BR 700 allows precise control of the air output.
- Noise: With a decibel rating of 75 dB, the BR 700 is neither louder nor quieter than its rivals in the gas-powered backpack category.
- Fuel Tank: With a capacity of 47.3 fl. oz., this Stihl blower is average when compared to other gas backpack blowers.
The Stihl BR 700's performance versus other blowers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea how the key specs of the Stihl BR 700 compare with similar leaf blowers.
- Forced air leaving this blower’s nozzle has been clocked at 197 MPH. That makes the BR 700 average in terms of air speed for gas-powered backpack blowers (the one expelling air at the fastest speed being the Husqvarna 150BT with 251 MPH).
- The BR 700 is powerful, with an airflow rating of 912 CFM (cubic feet per minute). This is certainly on the high end compared to other gas-powered backpack blowers (the biggest expelled air volume belonging to the Echo PB-8010H with 1071 CFM).
Here's a list of the most popular specific comparisons:
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other gas backpack blowers, the Stihl BR 700 is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this blower nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of product.
4-Mix Engine Technology
Stihl's 4-Mix engine combines the advantages of 2-cycle and 4-cycle engines. This award-winning 4-stroke engine runs on a mix of gasoline and oil (1:50). For this to happen, the gasoline-oil mix enters the cylinder head through a bypass channel in order to offer full lubrication, which avoids the need for parts like an oil pump, sump or tank (which are compulsory for traditional 4-stroke engines). Therefore, there is no oil servicing to do (easy maintenance), the leaf blower is lighter (due to fewer parts) and its overall noise is lower. Additionally, all 4-MIX engines are fitted with a system that considerably reduces the effort needed to pull the starter rope.
Stihl AG & Company KG was founded by Andreas Stihl in 1926. The German company specializes in handheld outdoor power equipment. Over the past fifty years, Stihl has opened manufacturing plants in Brazil, the United States, and China. The German company’s sure and steady expansion has made it a leading provider of in the lawn, forestry, and landscape maintenance industries.
The Stihl BR 700 is covered under a warranty for up to 2 years. This warranty may not cover all parts of the blower.
For more information about the warranty of Stihl blowers, please consult Stihl's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-800-467-8445.
Questions & Answers
There are no questions yet. Ask the first question.