The Stihl BR 700 is a gas-powered backpack leaf blower delivering 912 CFM at 197 MPH. It features a 4-cycle 64.8cc engine. (Read full specs)
BR 700 X
Features and Specifications
|CFM||Up to 912|
|MPH||Up to 197|
|Blowing Force||35 N|
|Fuel tank||47.3 fl. oz.|
|Noise rating||75 dB|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue. Should you wish more detailed specs on the Stihl BR 700, the user manual is available here (opens in a new tab).
Overview of the Stihl BR 700
- Power: The Stihl BR 700 is a gas-powered leaf blower. It sports a max air speed of 197 MPH and a max air volume rating of 912 cubic feet per minute (CFM).
- Handling: As this unit is a backpack leaf blower, the majority of the unit is distributed so that the user can operate it with ease for most reasonable periods of use. Its throttle is located on the tube, which allows you to keep your left hand free. At 23.4 lbs, the Stihl BR 700 is within the average weight range of gas-powered backpack blowers.
- Engine: Its 4-Mix engine boasts a displacement of 64.8cc. Stihl's 4-Mix engine is a 4-stroke engine that runs with a mixture of oil and gas (50:1 ratio). You can find more details about this technology further down the page.
- Speed Settings: Thanks to its variable speed settings, the Stihl BR 700 allows precise control of the air output.
- Noise: As far as gas-powered backpack blowers go, this one is average in terms of noise with a rating of 75 dB.
- Fuel Tank: With a capacity of 47.3 fl. oz., this Stihl blower is average compared to other gas backpack blowers.
The Stihl BR 700's performance versus other blowers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea how the key specs of the Stihl BR 700 compare with similar leaf blowers.
- Air expelled from the nozzle of this blower can reach 197 MPH. When compared to others of this type, the BR 700 has a lower air speed than most gas-powered backpack blowers. For the fastest air speed in this category, you may want to consider the Husqvarna 150BT, which can expell air at a velocity that can reach 270 MPH.
- Regarding its air volume, the Stihl BR 700 boasts an impressive airflow that can reach 912 CFM (Cubic Foot per Minute). This places it amongst the most powerful gas-powered backpack blowers. If air volume is important to you, the Echo PB-9010T, with 1110 CFM, could be in your good books.
Here's a list of the most popular specific comparisons:
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other gas backpack blowers, the Stihl BR 700 is on the expensive side of the price range.
While certainly not the cheapest of its kind, purchasing it could most likely also mean enjoying the reliability of a high-end product.
4-Mix Engine Technology
Stihl's 4-Mix engine combines the advantages of 2-cycle and 4-cycle engines. This award-winning 4-stroke engine runs on a mix of gasoline and oil (1:50). For this to happen, the gasoline-oil mix enters the cylinder head through a bypass channel in order to offer full lubrication, which avoids the need for parts like an oil pump, sump or tank (which are compulsory for traditional 4-stroke engines). Therefore, there is no oil servicing to do (easy maintenance), the leaf blower is lighter (due to fewer parts) and its overall noise is lower. Additionally, all 4-MIX engines are fitted with a system that considerably reduces the effort needed to pull the starter rope.
Stihl AG & Company KG was founded by Andreas Stihl in 1926. The German company specializes in handheld outdoor power equipment. Over the past fifty years, Stihl has opened manufacturing plants in Brazil, the United States, and China. The German company’s sure and steady expansion has made it a leading provider of in the lawn, forestry, and landscape maintenance industries.
The Stihl BR 700 is covered under a warranty for up to 2 years. This warranty may not cover all parts of the blower.
For more information about the warranty of Stihl blowers, please consult Stihl's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-800-467-8445.
Questions & Answers
There are no questions yet. Ask the first question.