-No User ReviewsWrite a review
Features and Specifications
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
Overview of the Stihl BR 700
- Power: The Stihl BR 700 is a gas-powered leaf blower with a maximum air volume rating of 912 cubic feet per minute (CFM) and an air speed of 197 MPH.
- Handling: As this unit is a backpack leaf blower, the majority of the unit is distributed so that the user can operate it with ease for most reasonable periods of use. However, for a gas-powered backpack blower, the Stihl BR 700 is heavier than most, weighing 23.4 lbs.
- Engine: This blower's 4-Mix engine has a displacement specification of 64.8 cc. Stihl's 4-Mix engine is a 4-stroke engine that runs with a mixture of oil and gas. You can find more details about this technology below.
- Speed Settings: Sometimes you just need a little more power, while other times you may want a little more precision when moving leaves and debris. That’s why the BR 700 features variable speed settings for added control.
- Noise: With a decibel rating of 75 dB, the BR 700 is neither louder nor quieter than its rivals in the gas-powered backpack category.
- Fuel Tank: Its tank can hold 47.3 fl. oz., so it falls squarely in the average in terms of fuel capacity.
The Stihl BR 700's performance versus other blowers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea how the key specs of the Stihl BR 700 compare with similar leaf blowers.
- Its max air speed of 197 MPH places it at the approximate midpoint in comparison to other gas-powered backpack leaf blowers (the one expelling air at the fastest speed being the Husqvarna 150BT with 251 MPH).
- The BR 700 is powerful, with an airflow rating of 912 CFM (cubic feet per minute). This is certainly on the high end compared to other gas-powered backpack leaf blowers – it's actually the best!
4-Mix Engine Technology
Stihl's 4-Mix engine combines the advantages of 2-cycle and 4-cycle engines. This award-winning 4-stroke engine runs on a mix of petrol and oil (1:50). For this to happen, the petrol-oil mix enters the cylinder head through a bypass channel in order to offer full lubrication, which avoids the need for parts like an oil pump, sump or tank (which are compulsory for traditional 4-stroke engines). Therefore, there is no oil servicing to do (easy maintenance), the leaf blower is lighter (due to fewer parts) and its overall noise is lower. Additionally, all 4-MIX engines are fitted with a system that considerably reduces the effort needed to pull the starter rope.
The bottom line
- 4-Mix Engine
- High CFM (912 CFM)
- Decent Tank (47.3 fl. oz.)
- Acceptable Noise (75 dB)
- Decent MPH (197 MPH)
- Quite heavy (23.4 lbs)
Where to buy the Stihl BR 700?
Stihl AG & Company KG was founded by Andreas Stihl in 1926. The German company specializes in handheld outdoor power equipment. Over the past fifty years, Stihl has opened manufacturing plants in Brazil, the United States, and China. The German company’s sure and steady expansion has made it a leading provider of in the lawn, forestry, and landscape maintenance industries.
Warranty InformationThe Stihl BR 700 is covered under a warranty for up to 2 years. This warranty may not cover all parts of the blower.
For more information about the warranty of Stihl blowers, please consult Stihl's warranty policies. Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-800-467-8445.