-No User ReviewsWrite a review
Features and Specifications
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
Overview of the Stihl BR 700
- Power: The Stihl BR 700 is a gas-powered leaf blower. It sports a max air speed of 197 MPH and a max air volume rating of 912 cubic feet per minute (CFM).
- Handling: As this unit is a backpack leaf blower, the majority of the unit is distributed so that the user can operate it with ease for most reasonable periods of use. However, for a gas-powered backpack blower, the Stihl BR 700 is heavier than most, weighing 23.4 lbs.
- Engine: This blower's 4-Mix engine has a displacement specification of 64.8 cc. Stihl's 4-Mix engine is a 4-stroke engine that runs with a mixture of oil and gas. You can find more details about this technology below.
- Speed Settings: In order to afford more control to the user, this unit has a variable speed control. No matter the size of the job, the user can adjust the airflow of the Stihl BR 700 to match.
- Noise: As far as gas-powered backpack blowers go, this one is average in terms of noise with a rating of 75 dB.
- Fuel Tank: With a capacity of 47.3 fl. oz., this Stihl blower is average when compared to other gas-powered backpack leaf blowers.
The Stihl BR 700's performance versus other blowers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea how the key specs of the Stihl BR 700 compare with similar leaf blowers.
- Its max air speed of 197 MPH places it at the approximate midpoint in comparison to other gas-powered backpack leaf blowers (the one expelling air at the fastest speed being the Husqvarna 150BT with 251 MPH).
- Regarding its power, the Stihl BR 700 boasts an impressive airflow that can reach 912 CFM (Cubic Foot per Minute). This places it amongst the most powerful of gas-powered backpack leaf blowers – it's actually the best!
4-Mix Engine Technology
Stihl's 4-Mix engine combines the advantages of 2-cycle and 4-cycle engines. This award-winning 4-stroke engine runs on a mix of petrol and oil (1:50). For this to happen, the petrol-oil mix enters the cylinder head through a bypass channel in order to offer full lubrication, which avoids the need for parts like an oil pump, sump or tank (which are compulsory for traditional 4-stroke engines). Therefore, there is no oil servicing to do (easy maintenance), the leaf blower is lighter (due to fewer parts) and its overall noise is lower. Additionally, all 4-MIX engines are fitted with a system that considerably reduces the effort needed to pull the starter rope.
The bottom line
- 4-Mix Engine
- High CFM (912 CFM)
- Decent Tank (47.3 fl. oz.)
- Acceptable Noise (75 dB)
- Decent MPH (197 MPH)
- Quite heavy (23.4 lbs)
Stihl AG & Company KG was founded by Andreas Stihl in 1926. The German company specializes in handheld outdoor power equipment. Over the past fifty years, Stihl has opened manufacturing plants in Brazil, the United States, and China. The German company’s sure and steady expansion has made it a leading provider of in the lawn, forestry, and landscape maintenance industries.
Warranty InformationThe Stihl BR 700 is covered under a warranty for up to 2 years. This warranty may not cover all parts of the blower.
For more information about the warranty of Stihl blowers, please consult Stihl's warranty policies. Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-800-467-8445