The Stihl BR 700 is a gas-powered backpack leaf blower delivering 912 CFM at 197 MPH. It features a 4-cycle 64.8 cc engine. (Read full specs)
Features and Specifications
|CFM||Up to 912|
|MPH||Up to 197|
|Blowing Force||35 N|
|Engine displacement||64.8 cc|
|Fuel tank||47.3 fl. oz.|
|Noise rating||75 dB|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue. Should you wish more detailed specs on the Stihl BR 700, the user manual is available here (opens in a new tab).
Overview of the Stihl BR 700
- Power: The BR 700 gas-powered blower, manufactured by Stihl, is rated for a max air volume of 912 cubic feet per minute (CFM) and a max air speed of 197 MPH.
- Handling: As this unit is a backpack leaf blower, the majority of the unit is distributed so that the user can operate it with ease for most reasonable periods of use. Its throttle is located on the tube, which allows you to keep your left hand free. All told, it weighs 23.4 lbs — the Stihl BR 700 is neither the lightest nor the heaviest gas-powered backpack blower on the market.
- Engine: This blower's 4-Mix engine has a displacement specification of 64.8 cc. Stihl's 4-Mix engine is a 4-stroke engine that runs with a mixture of oil and gas (50:1 ratio). You can find more details about this technology below.
- Speed Settings: Thanks to its variable speed settings, the Stihl BR 700 allows precise control of the air output.
- Noise: Its noise rating of 75 dB can be considered the standard for similar gas-powered backpack blowers.
- Fuel Tank: With a capacity of 47.3 fl. oz., this Stihl blower is average when compared to other gas backpack blowers.
The Stihl BR 700's performance versus other blowers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea how the key specs of the Stihl BR 700 compare with similar leaf blowers.
- Forced air leaving this blower’s nozzle has been clocked at 197 MPH. That makes the BR 700 average in terms of air speed for gas-powered backpack blowers (the one expelling air at the fastest speed being the Husqvarna 150BT with 251 MPH).
- Regarding its air volume, the Stihl BR 700 boasts an impressive airflow that can reach 912 CFM (Cubic Foot per Minute). This places it amongst the most powerful of gas-powered backpack blowers (the biggest expelled air volume belonging to the Echo PB-9010T with 1110 CFM).
Here's a list of the most popular specific comparisons:
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other gas backpack blowers, the Stihl BR 700 is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this blower nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of product.
Stihl AG & Company KG was founded by Andreas Stihl in 1926. The German company specializes in handheld outdoor power equipment. Over the past fifty years, Stihl has opened manufacturing plants in Brazil, the United States, and China. The German company’s sure and steady expansion has made it a leading provider of in the lawn, forestry, and landscape maintenance industries.
The Stihl BR 700 is covered under a warranty for up to 2 years. This warranty may not cover all parts of the blower.
For more information about the warranty of Stihl blowers, please consult Stihl's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-800-467-8445.
Questions & Answers
There are no questions yet. Ask the first question.