The Stihl BR 800 C-E MAGNUM® is a gas-powered backpack leaf blower delivering 912 CFM at 239 MPH. It features a 4-cycle 79.9cc engine. (Read full specs)
BR 800 X MAGNUM®
BR 800 C-E MAGNUM®
Features and Specifications
|CFM||Up to 912|
|MPH||Up to 239|
|Blowing Force||41 N|
|Fuel tank||67.6 fl. oz.|
|Noise rating||78 dB|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue. Should you wish more detailed specs on the Stihl BR 800 C-E MAGNUM®, the user manual is available here (opens in a new tab).
Overview of the Stihl BR 800 C-E MAGNUM®
- Power: The BR 800 C-E MAGNUM®, built by Stihl, is a gas-powered leaf blower capable of expelling a maximum air volume of 912 cubic feet per minute (CFM). Its air speed is rated at 239 MPH.
- Handling: This blower’s backpack functionality makes make it less exerting on the user, even when used for an extended period of time. Its throttle is located on the tube, which allows you to keep your left hand free. However, for a gas-powered backpack blower, the Stihl BR 800 C-E MAGNUM® is heavier than most, weighing 25.8 lbs.
- Engine: This blower is fitted with a 79.9cc 4-Mix engine. Stihl's 4-Mix engine is a 4-stroke engine that runs with a mixture of oil and gas (50:1 ratio). You can find more details about this technology further down the page.
- Speed Settings: There are times when you only need a little more power, while other times you will want a bit more precision when clearing leaves and debris. For this purpose, the BR 800 C-E MAGNUM® offers variable speed settings, adding you, the user, more control, and a cruise control mode, which will allow you to maintain it comfortably for as long as you wish.
- Noise: As far as gas-powered backpack blowers go, this one is average in terms of noise with a rating of 78 dB.
- Fuel Tank: With a capacity of 67.6 fl. oz., this Stihl blower is average compared to other gas backpack blowers.
- Easy2Start™: The BR 800 C-E MAGNUM® has the letter “E” in its name, which is Stihl’s indication that it benefits from Stihl’s proprietary Easy2Start™ (also called “ErgoStart”) technology. As the name suggests, this technology makes the starter mechanism more reliable thanks to an additional spring between the crankshaft and the starter rope. Upon pulling the starter rope, the engine will attempt to start regardless of how hard the rope was pulled – even a simple two-finger pull is sufficient to start it. Easy2Start™ allows the BR 800 C-E MAGNUM® to be started with remarkably less effort than most other blowers.
The Stihl BR 800 C-E MAGNUM®'s performance versus other blowers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea how the key specs of the Stihl BR 800 C-E MAGNUM® compare with similar leaf blowers.
- Air exiting the nozzle of this blower can reach 239 MPH, which is quite a bit faster than most gas-powered backpack blowers. If you wish to benefit from air expelled at the fastest possible speed, the Husqvarna 150BT and its 270 MPH could be an option to consider.
- Regarding its air volume, the Stihl BR 800 C-E MAGNUM® boasts an impressive airflow that can reach 912 CFM (Cubic Foot per Minute). This places it amongst the most powerful gas-powered backpack blowers. If air volume is important to you, the Echo PB-9010T, with 1110 CFM, could be in your good books.
Here's a list of the most popular specific comparisons:
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other gas backpack blowers, the Stihl BR 800 C-E MAGNUM® is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this blower nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of product.
4-Mix Engine Technology
Stihl's 4-Mix engine combines the advantages of 2-cycle and 4-cycle engines. This award-winning 4-stroke engine runs on a mix of gasoline and oil (1:50). For this to happen, the gasoline-oil mix enters the cylinder head through a bypass channel in order to offer full lubrication, which avoids the need for parts like an oil pump, sump or tank (which are compulsory for traditional 4-stroke engines). Therefore, there is no oil servicing to do (easy maintenance), the leaf blower is lighter (due to fewer parts) and its overall noise is lower. Additionally, all 4-MIX engines are fitted with a system that considerably reduces the effort needed to pull the starter rope.
Stihl AG & Company KG was founded by Andreas Stihl in 1926. The German company specializes in handheld outdoor power equipment. Over the past fifty years, Stihl has opened manufacturing plants in Brazil, the United States, and China. The German company’s sure and steady expansion has made it a leading provider of in the lawn, forestry, and landscape maintenance industries.
The Stihl BR 800 C-E MAGNUM® is covered under a warranty for up to 2 years. This warranty may not cover all parts of the blower.
For more information about the warranty of Stihl blowers, please consult Stihl's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-800-467-8445.
Questions & Answers
Can I buy the mixed fuel (50:1 oil to gas) at a store already mixed and made? Or do I need to do the mixing myself? (Asked November 3, 2020)
You can buy the fuel pre-mixed, but ensure gasoline has a minimum octane rating of 89 and no more than 10% ethanol content.
What is the gas mix for this unit. (Asked October 30, 2021)
Gas-oil ration is 50:1.
Couldn't find the right answer for you? Ask your own question.