The Stihl BR 800 C-E MAGNUM® is a gas-powered backpack leaf blower delivering 912 CFM at 239 MPH. It features a 4-cycle 79.9 cc engine. (Read full specs)
Features and Specifications
|CFM||Up to 912|
|MPH||Up to 239|
|Blowing Force||41 N|
|Engine displacement||79.9 cc|
|Fuel tank||67.6 fl. oz.|
|Noise rating||78 dB|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue. Should you wish more detailed specs on the Stihl BR 800 C-E MAGNUM®, the user manual is available here (opens in a new tab).
Overview of the Stihl BR 800 C-E MAGNUM®
- Power: The Stihl BR 800 C-E MAGNUM® is a gas-powered leaf blower. It sports a max air speed of 239 MPH and a max air volume rating of 912 cubic feet per minute (CFM).
- Handling: As this unit is a backpack leaf blower, the majority of the unit is distributed so that the user can operate it with ease for most reasonable periods of use. Its throttle is located on the tube, which allows you to keep your left hand free. Be aware that, at 25.8 lbs, the Stihl BR 800 C-E MAGNUM® is on the heavier side for gas-powered backpack blowers.
- Engine: This blower is fitted with a 79.9 cc 4-Mix engine. Stihl's 4-Mix engine is a 4-stroke engine that runs with a mixture of oil and gas (50:1 ratio). You can find more details about this technology below.
- Speed Settings: With its variable speed settings, the Stihl BR 800 C-E MAGNUM® allows you to precisely control its air output. In addition, the blower is also equipped with cruise control, with which the user can easily maintain the selected settings.
- Noise: Its noise rating of 78 dB can be considered the standard for similar gas-powered backpack blowers.
- Fuel Tank: With a capacity of 67.6 fl. oz., this Stihl blower is average when compared to other gas backpack blowers.
- Easy2Start™: The BR 800 C-E MAGNUM® has the letter “E” in its name, which is Stihl’s indication that it benefits from Stihl’s proprietary Easy2Start™ (also called “ErgoStart”) technology. As the name suggests, this technology makes the starter mechanism more reliable thanks to an additional spring between the crankshaft and the starter rope. Upon pulling the starter rope, the engine will attempt to start regardless of how hard the rope was pulled – even a simple two-finger pull is sufficient to start it. Easy2Start™ allows the BR 800 C-E MAGNUM® to be started with remarkably less effort than most other blowers.
The Stihl BR 800 C-E MAGNUM®'s performance versus other blowers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea how the key specs of the Stihl BR 800 C-E MAGNUM® compare with similar leaf blowers.
- It can push air from the nozzle at 239 MPH, which puts it ahead of its class in terms of air speed for gas-powered backpack blowers (the one expelling air at the fastest speed being the Husqvarna 150BT with 251 MPH).
- Regarding its air volume, the Stihl BR 800 C-E MAGNUM® boasts an impressive airflow that can reach 912 CFM (Cubic Foot per Minute). This places it amongst the most powerful of gas-powered backpack blowers (the biggest expelled air volume belonging to the Echo PB-8010H with 1071 CFM).
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other gas backpack blowers, the Stihl BR 800 C-E MAGNUM® is on the expensive side of the price range.
While certainly not the cheapest of its kind, purchasing it could most likely also mean enjoying the reliability of a high-end product.
Stihl AG & Company KG was founded by Andreas Stihl in 1926. The German company specializes in handheld outdoor power equipment. Over the past fifty years, Stihl has opened manufacturing plants in Brazil, the United States, and China. The German company’s sure and steady expansion has made it a leading provider of in the lawn, forestry, and landscape maintenance industries.
The Stihl BR 800 C-E MAGNUM® is covered under a warranty for up to 2 years. This warranty may not cover all parts of the blower.
For more information about the warranty of Stihl blowers, please consult Stihl's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-800-467-8445.
Questions & Answers
There are no questions yet. Ask the first question.