Features and Specifications
|CFM||Up to 912|
|MPH||Up to 239|
|Blowing Force||41 N|
|Engine Displacement||79.9 cc|
|Fuel Tank||67.6 fl. oz.|
|Noise Rating||78 dB|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue. Should you wish more detailed specs on the Stihl BR 800 X MAGNUM®, the user manual is available here.
Overview of the Stihl BR 800 X MAGNUM®
- Power: The BR 800 X MAGNUM® gas-powered blower, manufactured by Stihl, is rated for a max air volume of 912 cubic feet per minute (CFM) and a max air speed of 239 MPH.
- Handling: By design, this model isn’t the smallest leaf blower on the market. It’s meant to be carried as a backpack so that the bulk of the unit is out of the way and the user’s hands are free to manipulate the nozzle. Its throttle is located on the tube, which allows you to keep your left hand free. Be aware that, at 23 lbs, the Stihl BR 800 X MAGNUM® is on the heavier side for gas-powered backpack blowers.
- Engine: This blower is fitted with a 79.9 cc 4-Mix engine. Stihl's 4-Mix engine is a 4-stroke engine that runs with a mixture of oil and gas (50:1 ratio). You can find more details about this technology below.
- Speed Settings: Thanks to its variable speed settings, the Stihl BR 800 X MAGNUM® allows precise control of the air output.
- Noise: Its noise rating of 78 dB can be considered the standard for similar gas-powered backpack blowers.
- Fuel Tank: It has an average fuel capacity, with a tank able to hold around 67.6 fl. oz of fuel.
The Stihl BR 800 X MAGNUM®'s performance versus other blowers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea how the key specs of the Stihl BR 800 X MAGNUM® compare with similar leaf blowers.
- Upon exiting the nozzle, the air can reach speeds of up to 239 MPH, which is rather impressive for gas-powered backpack blowers (the one expelling air at the fastest speed being the Husqvarna 150BT with 251 MPH).
- If air volume is an important feature, the BR 800 X MAGNUM® by Stihl will not disappoint. Its airflow maxes out at 912 CFM (cubic feet per minute), which is more powerful than most gas-powered backpack leaf blowers (the biggest expelled air volume belonging to the Echo PB-8010H with 1071 CFM).
4-Mix Engine Technology
Stihl's 4-Mix engine combines the advantages of 2-cycle and 4-cycle engines. This award-winning 4-stroke engine runs on a mix of petrol and oil (1:50). For this to happen, the petrol-oil mix enters the cylinder head through a bypass channel in order to offer full lubrication, which avoids the need for parts like an oil pump, sump or tank (which are compulsory for traditional 4-stroke engines). Therefore, there is no oil servicing to do (easy maintenance), the leaf blower is lighter (due to fewer parts) and its overall noise is lower. Additionally, all 4-MIX engines are fitted with a system that considerably reduces the effort needed to pull the starter rope.
The bottom line
- 4-Mix Engine
- High CFM (912 CFM)
- High MPH (239 MPH)
- Decent Tank (67.6 fl. oz.)
- Acceptable Noise (78 dB)
- Quite heavy (23 lbs)
Stihl AG & Company KG was founded by Andreas Stihl in 1926. The German company specializes in handheld outdoor power equipment. Over the past fifty years, Stihl has opened manufacturing plants in Brazil, the United States, and China. The German company’s sure and steady expansion has made it a leading provider of in the lawn, forestry, and landscape maintenance industries.
The Stihl BR 800 X MAGNUM® is covered under a warranty for up to 2 years. This warranty may not cover all parts of the blower.
For more information about the warranty of Stihl blowers, please consult Stihl's warranty policies. Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-800-467-8445.
Questions & Answers
There are no questions yet. Ask the first question.