-No User ReviewsWrite a review
Features and Specifications
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
Overview of the Stihl BR 800 X MAGNUM®
- Power: The BR 800 X MAGNUM®, built by Stihl, is a gas-powered leaf blower capable of expelling a maximum air volume of 912 cubic feet per minute (CFM). Its air speed is rated at 239 MPH.
- Handling: By design, this model isn’t the smallest leaf blower on the market. It’s meant to be carried as a backpack so that the bulk of the unit is out of the way and the user’s hands are free to manipulate the nozzle. However, for a gas-powered backpack blower, the Stihl BR 800 X MAGNUM® is heavier than most, weighing 23 lbs.
- Engine: Its 4-Mix engine boasts a displacement of 79.9 cc. Stihl's 4-Mix engine is a 4-stroke engine that runs with a mixture of oil and gas. You can find more details about this technology below.
- Speed Settings: For those who are keen on having complete control while operating their leaf blower, the BR 800 X MAGNUM® offers variable speed settings.
- Noise: As far as gas-powered backpack blowers go, this one is average in terms of noise with a rating of 78 dB.
- Fuel Tank: Its tank can hold 67.6 fl. oz., so it falls squarely in the average in terms of fuel capacity.
The Stihl BR 800 X MAGNUM®'s performance versus other blowers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea how the key specs of the Stihl BR 800 X MAGNUM® compare with similar leaf blowers.
- Air exiting the nozzle of this blower can reach 239 MPH, which is quite a bit faster than most gas-powered backpack leaf blowers (the one expelling air at the fastest speed being the Husqvarna 150BT with 251 MPH).
- Regarding its power, the Stihl BR 800 X MAGNUM® boasts an impressive airflow that can reach 912 CFM (Cubic Foot per Minute). This places it amongst the most powerful of gas-powered backpack leaf blowers – it's actually the best!
4-Mix Engine Technology
Stihl's 4-Mix engine combines the advantages of 2-cycle and 4-cycle engines. This award-winning 4-stroke engine runs on a mix of petrol and oil (1:50). For this to happen, the petrol-oil mix enters the cylinder head through a bypass channel in order to offer full lubrication, which avoids the need for parts like an oil pump, sump or tank (which are compulsory for traditional 4-stroke engines). Therefore, there is no oil servicing to do (easy maintenance), the leaf blower is lighter (due to fewer parts) and its overall noise is lower. Additionally, all 4-MIX engines are fitted with a system that considerably reduces the effort needed to pull the starter rope.
The bottom line
- 4-Mix Engine
- High CFM (912 CFM)
- High MPH (239 MPH)
- Decent Tank (67.6 fl. oz.)
- Acceptable Noise (78 dB)
- Quite heavy (23 lbs)
Where to buy the Stihl BR 800 X MAGNUM®?
Stihl AG & Company KG was founded by Andreas Stihl in 1926. The German company specializes in handheld outdoor power equipment. Over the past fifty years, Stihl has opened manufacturing plants in Brazil, the United States, and China. The German company’s sure and steady expansion has made it a leading provider of in the lawn, forestry, and landscape maintenance industries.
Warranty InformationThe Stihl BR 800 X MAGNUM® is covered under a warranty for up to 2 years. This warranty may not cover all parts of the blower.
For more information about the warranty of Stihl blowers, please consult Stihl's warranty policies. Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-800-467-8445.