The Stihl BR 800 X MAGNUM® is a gas-powered backpack leaf blower delivering 912 CFM at 239 MPH. It features a 4-cycle 79.9 cc engine. (Read full specs)
Features and Specifications
|CFM||Up to 912|
|MPH||Up to 239|
|Blowing Force||41 N|
|Engine displacement||79.9 cc|
|Fuel tank||67.6 fl. oz.|
|Noise rating||78 dB|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue. Should you wish more detailed specs on the Stihl BR 800 X MAGNUM®, the user manual is available here (opens in a new tab).
Overview of the Stihl BR 800 X MAGNUM®
- Power: The Stihl BR 800 X MAGNUM® is a gas-powered leaf blower. It sports a max air speed of 239 MPH and a max air volume rating of 912 cubic feet per minute (CFM).
- Handling: By design, this model isn’t the smallest leaf blower on the market. It’s meant to be carried as a backpack so that the bulk of the unit is out of the way and the user’s hands are free to manipulate the nozzle. Its throttle is located on the tube, which allows you to keep your left hand free. All told, it weighs 23 lbs — the Stihl BR 800 X MAGNUM® is neither the lightest nor the heaviest gas-powered backpack blower on the market.
- Engine: This blower is fitted with a 79.9 cc 4-Mix engine. Stihl's 4-Mix engine is a 4-stroke engine that runs with a mixture of oil and gas (50:1 ratio). You can find more details about this technology further down the page.
- Speed Settings: For those who wish to have complete control while operating their leaf blower, the BR 800 X MAGNUM® offers variable speed settings, and moreover, is also equipped with cruise control, which allows the user to comfortably continue blowing at their preferred setting.
- Noise: With a decibel rating of 78 dB, the BR 800 X MAGNUM® is neither louder nor quieter than its rivals in the gas-powered backpack category.
- Fuel Tank: With a capacity of 67.6 fl. oz., this Stihl blower is average when compared to other gas backpack blowers.
The Stihl BR 800 X MAGNUM®'s performance versus other blowers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea how the key specs of the Stihl BR 800 X MAGNUM® compare with similar leaf blowers.
- Air exiting the nozzle of this blower can reach 239 MPH, which is quite a bit faster than most gas-powered backpack blowers. If you wish to benefit from air expelled at the fastest possible speed, the Husqvarna 150BT and its 251 MPH could be an option to consider.
- Regarding its air volume, the Stihl BR 800 X MAGNUM® boasts an impressive airflow that can reach 912 CFM (Cubic Foot per Minute). This places it amongst the most powerful gas-powered backpack blowers. If air volume is important to you, the Shindaiwa EB910RT, with 1110 CFM, could be in your good books.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other gas backpack blowers, the Stihl BR 800 X MAGNUM® is on the expensive side of the price range.
While certainly not the cheapest of its kind, purchasing it could most likely also mean enjoying the reliability of a high-end product.
4-Mix Engine Technology
Stihl's 4-Mix engine combines the advantages of 2-cycle and 4-cycle engines. This award-winning 4-stroke engine runs on a mix of gasoline and oil (1:50). For this to happen, the gasoline-oil mix enters the cylinder head through a bypass channel in order to offer full lubrication, which avoids the need for parts like an oil pump, sump or tank (which are compulsory for traditional 4-stroke engines). Therefore, there is no oil servicing to do (easy maintenance), the leaf blower is lighter (due to fewer parts) and its overall noise is lower. Additionally, all 4-MIX engines are fitted with a system that considerably reduces the effort needed to pull the starter rope.
Stihl AG & Company KG was founded by Andreas Stihl in 1926. The German company specializes in handheld outdoor power equipment. Over the past fifty years, Stihl has opened manufacturing plants in Brazil, the United States, and China. The German company’s sure and steady expansion has made it a leading provider of in the lawn, forestry, and landscape maintenance industries.
The Stihl BR 800 X MAGNUM® is covered under a warranty for up to 2 years. This warranty may not cover all parts of the blower.
For more information about the warranty of Stihl blowers, please consult Stihl's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-800-467-8445.
Questions & Answers
There are no questions yet. Ask the first question.