The Stihl SH 56 C-E is a 3-in-1 blower/vacuum/mulcher delivering 412 CFM at 159 MPH. It features a 2-cycle 27.2 cc engine. (Read full specs)
Features and Specifications
|CFM||Up to 412|
|MPH||Up to 159|
|Blowing Force||13 N|
|Engine displacement||27.2 cc|
|Fuel tank||18.3 fl. oz.|
|Noise rating||70 dB|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue. Should you wish more detailed specs on the Stihl SH 56 C-E, the user manual is available here (opens in a new tab).
Overview of the Stihl SH 56 C-E
- Power: The Stihl SH 56 C-E is a gas-powered leaf blower. It sports a max air speed of 159 MPH and a max air volume rating of 412 cubic feet per minute (CFM).
- Handling: It’s handheld, so naturally it’s easier to handle and carry than larger leaf blowers, such as backpack models or walk-behinds. However, for a gas-powered handheld blower, the Stihl SH 56 C-E is heavier than most, weighing 11.5 lbs.
- Engine: This blower's 2-Mix engine has a displacement specification of 27.2 cc. As you may or may not know, 2-stroke engines require a mixture of gasoline and oil in order to keep all the moving parts lubricated while fuelling the engine’s internal combustion. The fuel/oil ratio recommended by Stihl for the SH 56 C-E is 50:1. You can find more information about Stihl's 2-Mix engine technology below.
- Speed Settings: Thanks to its variable speed settings, the Stihl SH 56 C-E allows precise control of the air output.
- Vacuum: This unit isn’t just a blower—it has the added feature of being able to collect leaves and soft debris into a handy storage bag (9.3 gallon bag included).
- Mulching: The manufacturer’s specifications give it a mulching ratio of 14:1. For every 14 bags you put in, it will reduce down to just one bag of mulch.
- Noise: Its noise rating of 70 dB can be considered the standard for similar gas-powered handheld blowers.
- Fuel Tank: With a capacity of 18.3 fl. oz., this Stihl blower is average when compared to other gas handheld blowers.
- Easy2Start™: The SH 56 C-E has the letter “E” in its name, which is Stihl’s indication that it benefits from Stihl’s proprietary Easy2Start™ (also called “ErgoStart”) technology. As the name suggests, this technology makes the starter mechanism more reliable thanks to an additional spring between the crankshaft and the starter rope. Upon pulling the starter rope, the engine will attempt to start regardless of how hard the rope was pulled – even a simple two-finger pull is sufficient to start it. Easy2Start™ allows the SH 56 C-E to be started with remarkably less effort than most other blowers.
The Stihl SH 56 C-E's performance versus other blowers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea how the key specs of the Stihl SH 56 C-E compare with similar leaf blowers.
- The air speed of the Stihl SH 56 C-E maxes out at 159 MPH. While more than adequate for many jobs, its air speed is below average among other gas-powered handheld blowers (the one expelling air at the fastest speed being the Poulan Pro PPBV25 with 230 MPH).
- The SH 56 C-E is average in terms of air volume. It's rated at 412 CFM, which is common for gas-powered handheld blowers (the biggest expelled air volume belonging to the Troy-Bilt TB2MB JET with 650 CFM).
Here's a list of the most popular specific comparisons:
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other blower vacs, the Stihl SH 56 C-E is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this blower nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of product.
2-Mix Engine Technology
Stihl's 2-Mix engine is a more eco-friendly and powerful approach to the traditional 2 stroke engine. It features what Stihl calls "stratified scavenging", which simply means that a layer of air is created between the combustion chamber and the crankcase. This action allows the engine to separate fresh fuel from the exhaust, which in turn minimizes the scavenging losses and eliminates the components of the mix that pose a health and environmental hazard (compliant with European Emissions Directive, Stage II). The 2-Mix engine offers a high torque over a wide speed range, a fuel consumption up to 20% lower than conventional 2-cycle engines, and fewer harmful emissions.
Stihl AG & Company KG was founded by Andreas Stihl in 1926. The German company specializes in handheld outdoor power equipment. Over the past fifty years, Stihl has opened manufacturing plants in Brazil, the United States, and China. The German company’s sure and steady expansion has made it a leading provider of in the lawn, forestry, and landscape maintenance industries.
The Stihl SH 56 C-E is covered under a warranty for up to 2 years. This warranty may not cover all parts of the blower.
For more information about the warranty of Stihl blowers, please consult Stihl's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-800-467-8445.
Questions & Answers
What does the C mean or denote in SH56C (Asked January 01, 2021)
It stands for "Comfort", which means that the unit benefits from a feature designed to make your life easier. Here, it refers to the Easy2Start mechanism.
Couldn't find the right answer for you? Ask your own question.