-No User ReviewsWrite a review
Features and Specifications
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
Overview of the Stihl SH 56 C-E
- Power: The SH 56 C-E, built by Stihl, is a gas-powered leaf blower capable of expelling a maximum air volume of 412 cubic feet per minute (CFM). Its air speed is rated at 159 MPH.
- Handling: Being handheld, this blower has a good maneuverability and is meant to be easier to carry around over a small period of time. However, for a gas-powered handheld blower, the Stihl SH 56 C-E is heavier than most, weighing 11.5 lbs.
- Engine: Its 2-Mix engine boasts a displacement of 27.2 cc. Since this is a 2-stroke engine, it’s important to remember that the SH 56 C-E cannot run on gasoline alone. The fuel must be mixed with an appropriate ratio of gasoline and oil in order for it to function properly (see your user’s manual for details). You can find more information about Stihl's 2-Mix engine technology below.
- Speed Settings: In order to afford more control to the user, this unit has a variable speed control. No matter the size of the job, the user can adjust the airflow of the Stihl SH 56 C-E to match.
- Vacuum: This unit isn’t just a blower—it has the added feature of being able to collect leaves and soft debris into its handy storage bag.
- Mulching: With a mulching ratio of 14:1, this mulcher can reliably pulp 14 bags of waste (such as leaves and other debris) into 1 bag of mulch.
- Noise: As far as gas-powered handheld blowers go, this one is average in terms of noise with a rating of 70 dB.
- Fuel Tank: With a capacity of 18.3 fl. oz., this Stihl blower is average when compared to other gas-powered handheld leaf blowers.
- Easy2Start™: The SH 56 C-E has the letter “E” in its name, which is Stihl’s indication that it benefits from Stihl’s proprietary Easy2Start™ (also called “ErgoStart”) technology. As the name suggests, this technology makes the starter mechanism more reliable thanks to an additional spring between the crankshaft and the starter rope. Upon pulling the starter rope, the engine will attempt to start regardless of how hard the rope was pulled – even a simple two-finger pull is sufficient to start it. Easy2Start™ allows the SH 56 C-E to be started with remarkably less effort than most other blowers.
The Stihl SH 56 C-E's performance versus other blowers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea how the key specs of the Stihl SH 56 C-E compare with similar leaf blowers.
- Maxing out at 159 MPH at full power, this blower is on the lower end in terms of air speed for gas-powered handheld leaf blowers (the one expelling air at the fastest speed being the Poulan Pro PPBV25 with 230 MPH).
- Regarding its power, the airflow of the Stihl SH 56 C-E can reach 412 CFM (Cubic Feet per Minute), which is on the low end for gas-powered handheld leaf blowers (the biggest expelled air volume belonging to the Troy-Bilt TB2MB JET with 650 CFM).
2-Mix Engine Technology
Stihl's 2-Mix engine is a more eco-friendly and powerful approach to the traditional 2 stroke engine. It features what Stihl calls "stratified scavenging", which simply means that a layer of air is created between the combustion chamber and the crankcase. This action allows the engine to separate fresh fuel from the exhaust, which in turn minimizes the scavenging losses and eliminates the components of the mix that pose a health and environmental hazard (compliant with European Emissions Directive, Stage II). The 2-Mix engine offers a high torque over a wide speed range, a fuel consumption up to 20% lower than conventional 2-cycle engines, and fewer harmful emissions.
The bottom line
- Easy2Start™ Technology
- 2-Mix Engine
- Decent Tank (18.3 fl. oz.)
- Acceptable Noise (70 dB)
- Quite heavy (11.5 lbs)
- Low CFM (412 CFM)
- Low MPH (159 MPH)
Where to buy the Stihl SH 56 C-E?
Stihl AG & Company KG was founded by Andreas Stihl in 1926. The German company specializes in handheld outdoor power equipment. Over the past fifty years, Stihl has opened manufacturing plants in Brazil, the United States, and China. The German company’s sure and steady expansion has made it a leading provider of in the lawn, forestry, and landscape maintenance industries.
Warranty InformationThe Stihl SH 56 C-E is covered under a warranty for up to 2 years. This warranty may not cover all parts of the blower.
For more information about the warranty of Stihl blowers, please consult Stihl's warranty policies. Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-800-467-8445.