Features and Specifications
|CFM||Up to 412|
|MPH||Up to 159|
|Blowing Force||13 N|
|Engine Displacement||27.2 cc|
|Fuel Tank||18.3 fl. oz.|
|Noise Rating||70 dB|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue. Should you wish more detailed specs on the Stihl SH 56 C-E, the user manual is available here.
Overview of the Stihl SH 56 C-E
- Power: The SH 56 C-E, built by Stihl, is a gas-powered leaf blower capable of expelling a maximum air volume of 412 cubic feet per minute (CFM). Its air speed is rated at 159 MPH.
- Handling: For those who are looking for a portable and convenient leaf blower, this model is a strong candidate. It’s designed for easy handling and use, and its size means it’s easily carried and stored. However, for a gas-powered handheld blower, the Stihl SH 56 C-E is heavier than most, weighing 11.5 lbs.
- Engine: This blower's 2-Mix engine has a displacement specification of 27.2 cc. As you may or may not know, 2-stroke engines require a mixture of gasoline and oil in order to keep all the moving parts lubricated while fuelling the engine’s internal combustion. The fuel/oil ratio recommended by Stihl for the SH 56 C-E is 50:1. You can find more information about Stihl's 2-Mix engine technology below.
- Speed Settings: For those who are keen on having complete control while operating their leaf blower, the SH 56 C-E offers variable speed settings.
- Vacuum: As a blower vac, the SH 56 C-E handily vacuums unwanted material into its storage bag for easy disposal.
- Mulching: With a mulching ratio of 14:1, this mulcher can reliably pulp 14 bags of waste (such as leaves and other debris) into 1 bag of mulch.
- Noise: Its noise rating of 70 dB can be considered the standard for similar gas-powered handheld blowers.
- Fuel Tank: It has an average fuel capacity, with a tank able to hold around 18.3 fl. oz of fuel.
- Easy2Start™: The SH 56 C-E has the letter “E” in its name, which is Stihl’s indication that it benefits from Stihl’s proprietary Easy2Start™ (also called “ErgoStart”) technology. As the name suggests, this technology makes the starter mechanism more reliable thanks to an additional spring between the crankshaft and the starter rope. Upon pulling the starter rope, the engine will attempt to start regardless of how hard the rope was pulled – even a simple two-finger pull is sufficient to start it. Easy2Start™ allows the SH 56 C-E to be started with remarkably less effort than most other blowers.
The Stihl SH 56 C-E's performance versus other blowers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea how the key specs of the Stihl SH 56 C-E compare with similar leaf blowers.
- Air expelled from the nozzle of this blower can reach 159 MPH. When compared to others of this type, the SH 56 C-E has a lower air speed than most gas-powered handheld blowers (the one expelling air at the fastest speed being the Poulan Pro PPBV25 with 230 MPH).
- Regarding its air volume, the airflow of the Stihl SH 56 C-E can reach 412 CFM (Cubic Feet per Minute), which is on par with other gas-powered handheld leaf blowers (the biggest expelled air volume belonging to the Troy-Bilt TB2MB JET with 650 CFM).
Here's a list of the most popular specific comparisons:
2-Mix Engine Technology
Stihl's 2-Mix engine is a more eco-friendly and powerful approach to the traditional 2 stroke engine. It features what Stihl calls "stratified scavenging", which simply means that a layer of air is created between the combustion chamber and the crankcase. This action allows the engine to separate fresh fuel from the exhaust, which in turn minimizes the scavenging losses and eliminates the components of the mix that pose a health and environmental hazard (compliant with European Emissions Directive, Stage II). The 2-Mix engine offers a high torque over a wide speed range, a fuel consumption up to 20% lower than conventional 2-cycle engines, and fewer harmful emissions.
The bottom line
- Easy2Start™ Technology
- 2-Mix Engine
- Decent Tank (18.3 fl. oz.)
- Acceptable Noise (70 dB)
- Decent CFM (412 CFM)
- Quite heavy (11.5 lbs)
- Low MPH (159 MPH)
Where to buy the Stihl SH 56 C-E?
Stihl AG & Company KG was founded by Andreas Stihl in 1926. The German company specializes in handheld outdoor power equipment. Over the past fifty years, Stihl has opened manufacturing plants in Brazil, the United States, and China. The German company’s sure and steady expansion has made it a leading provider of in the lawn, forestry, and landscape maintenance industries.
The Stihl SH 56 C-E is covered under a warranty for up to 2 years. This warranty may not cover all parts of the blower.
For more information about the warranty of Stihl blowers, please consult Stihl's warranty policies. Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-800-467-8445.
Questions & Answers
There are no questions yet. Ask the first question.