-No User ReviewsWrite a review
Features and Specifications
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
Overview of the Stihl SH 86 C-E
- Power: The SH 86 C-E gas-powered leaf blower, manufactured by Stihl, is rated for a max air volume of 444 cubic feet per minute (CFM) and a max air speed of 169 MPH.
- Handling: For those who are looking for a portable and convenient leaf blower, this model is a strong candidate. It’s designed for easy handling and use, and its size means it’s easily carried and stored. Be aware that, at 12.3 lbs, the Stihl SH 86 C-E is on the heavier side for gas-powered handheld leaf blowers.
- Engine: This blower's engine has a displacement specification of 27.2 cc. Please note that, because the Stihl SH 86 C-E’s engine is a 2-cycle one, it runs on a mixture of oil and gasoline. Your user manual includes details on the proper ratio.
- Speed Settings: Sometimes you just need a little more power, while other times you may want a little more precision when moving leaves and debris. That’s why the SH 86 C-E features variable speed settings for added control.
- Vacuum: It features a vacuum allowing it to suck up leaf and debris once the sweeping job is complete.
- Mulching: Its mulching ratio is 14:1, meaning that it will turn 14 bags of soft debris into one bag of mulch.
- Noise: With a noise rating of 70 dB, this blower can be considered the standard for similar gas-powered handheld blowers.
- Fuel Tank: Its tank can hold 14.9 fl. oz., so it falls squarely in the average in terms of fuel capacity.
- Easy2Start™: The SH 86 C-E has the letter “E” in its name, which is Stihl’s indication that it benefits from Stihl’s proprietary Easy2Start™ technology. As the name suggests, this technology makes the starter mechanism more reliable thanks to an additional spring between the crankshaft and the starter rope. Upon pulling the starter rope, the engine will attempt to start regardless of how hard the rope was pulled – even a simple two-finger pull is sufficient to start it. Easy2Start™ allows the SH 86 C-E to be started with remarkably less effort than most other blowers.
The Stihl SH 86 C-E's performance versus other blowers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea how the key specs of the Stihl SH 86 C-E compare with similar leaf blowers.
- The Stihl SH 86 C-E expels air at speeds up to 169 MPH, making it standard in terms of air speed for gas-powered handheld leaf blowers (the one expelling air at the fastest speed being the Poulan Pro PPBV25 with 230 MPH).
- It has a maximum air volume output of 444 CFM (cubic feet per minute). With this output rating, the SH 86 C-E is well within average in relation to similar gas-powered handheld leaf blowers (the biggest expelled air volume belonging to the Troy-Bilt TB2MB JET with 650 CFM).
The bottom line
- Easy2Start™ Technology
- Decent Tank (14.9 fl. oz.)
- Acceptable Noise (70 dB)
- Decent CFM (444 CFM)
- Decent MPH (169 MPH)
- Quite heavy (12.3 lbs)
Stihl AG & Company KG was founded by Andreas Stihl in 1926. The German company specializes in handheld outdoor power equipment. Over the past fifty years, Stihl has opened manufacturing plants in Brazil, the United States, and China. The German company’s sure and steady expansion has made it a leading provider of in the lawn, forestry, and landscape maintenance industries.
Warranty InformationThe Stihl SH 86 C-E is covered under a warranty for up to 2 years. This warranty may not cover all parts of the blower.
For more information about the warranty of Stihl blowers, please consult Stihl's warranty policies. Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-800-467-8445