The Stihl SH 86 C-E is a 3-in-1 blower/vacuum/mulcher delivering 444 CFM at 170 MPH. It features a 2-cycle 27.2cc engine. (Read full specs)
Features and Specifications
|CFM||Up to 444|
|MPH||Up to 170|
|Blowing Force||15 N|
|Fuel tank||14.9 fl. oz.|
|Noise rating||70 dB|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue. Should you wish more detailed specs on the Stihl SH 86 C-E, the user manual is available here (opens in a new tab).
Overview of the Stihl SH 86 C-E
- Power: The Stihl SH 86 C-E is a gas-powered leaf blower. It sports a max air speed of 170 MPH and a max air volume rating of 444 cubic feet per minute (CFM).
- Handling: Being handheld, this blower has a good maneuverability and is meant to be easier to carry around over a small period of time. Be aware that, at 12.3 lbs, the Stihl SH 86 C-E is on the heavier side of gas-powered handheld blowers.
- Engine: The engine boasts a displacement of 27.2cc. Please note that, because the Stihl SH 86 C-E's engine is a 2-cycle one, it runs on a mixture of oil and gasoline. According to Stihl, the proper fuel mixture ratio for this blower is 50:1.
- Speed Settings: Sometimes you just need a little more power, while other times you may want a little more precision when moving leaves and debris. That’s why the SH 86 C-E features variable speed settings for added control.
- Vacuum: As a blower vac, the SH 86 C-E handily vacuums unwanted material into a storage bag for easy disposal (11.2 gallon bag included).
- Mulching: Its mulching ratio is 14:1, meaning that it will turn 14 bags of soft debris into one bag of mulch.
- Noise: With a decibel rating of 70 dB, the SH 86 C-E is neither louder nor quieter than its rivals in the gas-powered handheld category.
- Fuel Tank: It has an average fuel capacity for a handheld blower, with a tank that holds around 14.9 fl. oz of fuel.
- Easy2Start™: The SH 86 C-E has the letter “E” in its name, which is Stihl’s indication that it benefits from Stihl’s proprietary Easy2Start™ (also called “ErgoStart”) technology. As the name suggests, this technology makes the starter mechanism more reliable thanks to an additional spring between the crankshaft and the starter rope. Upon pulling the starter rope, the engine will attempt to start regardless of how hard the rope was pulled – even a simple two-finger pull is sufficient to start it. Easy2Start™ allows the SH 86 C-E to be started with remarkably less effort than most other blowers.
The Stihl SH 86 C-E's performance versus other blowers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea how the key specs of the Stihl SH 86 C-E compare with similar leaf blowers.
- Its max air speed of 170 MPH places it at the approximate midpoint in comparison to other gas-powered handheld blowers. If you wish to benefit from air expelled at the fastest possible speed, the Craftsman BV2500 and its 250 MPH could be an option to consider.
- Regarding its air volume, the airflow of the Stihl SH 86 C-E can reach 444 CFM (Cubic Feet per Minute), which is on par with other gas-powered handheld blowers. If air volume is important to you, the Craftsman B225, with 650 CFM, could be in your good books.
Here's a list of the most popular specific comparisons:
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other blower vacs, the Stihl SH 86 C-E is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this blower nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of product.
Stihl AG & Company KG was founded by Andreas Stihl in 1926. The German company specializes in handheld outdoor power equipment. Over the past fifty years, Stihl has opened manufacturing plants in Brazil, the United States, and China. The German company’s sure and steady expansion has made it a leading provider of in the lawn, forestry, and landscape maintenance industries.
The Stihl SH 86 C-E is covered under a warranty for up to 2 years. This warranty may not cover all parts of the blower.
For more information about the warranty of Stihl blowers, please consult Stihl's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-800-467-8445.
Questions & Answers
There are no questions yet. Ask the first question.