The Stihl SH 86 C-E is a 3-in-1 blower/vacuum/mulcher delivering 444 CFM at 170 MPH. It features a 2-cycle 27.2 cc engine. (Read full specs)
Features and Specifications
|CFM||Up to 444|
|MPH||Up to 170|
|Blowing Force||15 N|
|Engine displacement||27.2 cc|
|Fuel tank||14.9 fl. oz.|
|Noise rating||70 dB|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue. Should you wish more detailed specs on the Stihl SH 86 C-E, the user manual is available here (opens in a new tab).
Overview of the Stihl SH 86 C-E
- Power: The Stihl SH 86 C-E is a gas-powered leaf blower. It sports a max air speed of 170 MPH and a max air volume rating of 444 cubic feet per minute (CFM).
- Handling: For those who are looking for a portable and convenient leaf blower, this model is a strong candidate. It’s designed for easy handling and use, and its size means it’s easily carried and stored. Be aware that, at 12.3 lbs, the Stihl SH 86 C-E is on the heavier side for gas-powered handheld blowers.
- Engine: This blower's engine has a displacement specification of 27.2 cc. As you may or may not know, 2-stroke engines require a mixture of gasoline and oil in order to keep all the moving parts lubricated while fuelling the engine’s internal combustion. The fuel/oil ratio recommended by Stihl for the SH 86 C-E is 50:1.
- Speed Settings: Sometimes you just need a little more power, while other times you may want a little more precision when moving leaves and debris. That’s why the SH 86 C-E features variable speed settings for added control.
- Vacuum: It features a vacuum allowing it to suck up leaf and debris once the sweeping job is complete (11.2 gallon bag included).
- Mulching: With a mulching ratio of 14:1, this mulcher can shrink 14 bags of leaves down to one bag of mulch, helping you get rid of unwanted leaves and debris.
- Noise: As far as gas-powered handheld blowers go, this one is average in terms of noise with a rating of 70 dB.
- Fuel Tank: It has an average fuel capacity, with a tank able to hold around 14.9 fl. oz of fuel.
- Easy2Start™: The SH 86 C-E has the letter “E” in its name, which is Stihl’s indication that it benefits from Stihl’s proprietary Easy2Start™ (also called “ErgoStart”) technology. As the name suggests, this technology makes the starter mechanism more reliable thanks to an additional spring between the crankshaft and the starter rope. Upon pulling the starter rope, the engine will attempt to start regardless of how hard the rope was pulled – even a simple two-finger pull is sufficient to start it. Easy2Start™ allows the SH 86 C-E to be started with remarkably less effort than most other blowers.
The Stihl SH 86 C-E's performance versus other blowers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea how the key specs of the Stihl SH 86 C-E compare with similar leaf blowers.
- The Stihl SH 86 C-E expels air at speeds up to 170 MPH, making it standard in terms of air speed for gas-powered handheld blowers (the one expelling air at the fastest speed being the Poulan Pro PPBV25 with 230 MPH).
- It has a maximum air volume output of 444 CFM (cubic feet per minute). With this output rating, the SH 86 C-E is well within average in relation to similar gas-powered handheld blowers (the biggest expelled air volume belonging to the Troy-Bilt TB2MB JET with 650 CFM).
Here's a list of the most popular specific comparisons:
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other blower vacs, the Stihl SH 86 C-E is on the expensive side of the price range.
While certainly not the cheapest of its kind, purchasing it could most likely also mean enjoying the reliability of a high-end product.
Stihl AG & Company KG was founded by Andreas Stihl in 1926. The German company specializes in handheld outdoor power equipment. Over the past fifty years, Stihl has opened manufacturing plants in Brazil, the United States, and China. The German company’s sure and steady expansion has made it a leading provider of in the lawn, forestry, and landscape maintenance industries.
The Stihl SH 86 C-E is covered under a warranty for up to 2 years. This warranty may not cover all parts of the blower.
For more information about the warranty of Stihl blowers, please consult Stihl's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-800-467-8445.
Questions & Answers
There are no questions yet. Ask the first question.