The Stihl SHA 56 is a 3-in-1 cordless blower/vacuum/mulcher delivering 300 CFM at 125 MPH. It is powered by a 36V AK battery. (Read full specs)
Features and Specifications
|Up to 300
|Up to 125
|Weight (tool only)
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue. Should you wish more detailed specs on the Stihl SHA 56, the user manual is available here (opens in a new tab).
Overview of the Stihl SHA 56
- Power: The SHA 56 is a cordless blower made by Stihl. It has a maximum air speed of 125 MPH and its nozzle can expel a max air volume of 300 cubic feet per minute (CFM).
- Power delivery: The SHA 56 is a brushless-motor, battery-operated blower. Therefore, it doesn’t require to be plugged in when it’s being used. The user will enjoy the added mobility of its cordless design.
- Battery: The SHA 56 works with Stihl's 36V AK series batteries. The unit's runtime will therefore depend on the chosen battery size. By default, the blower doesn't come with any battery or charger.
- Handling: With its handheld design, this leaf blower was created with portability in mind. Most users will have no problem using it almost anywhere. The blower in its bare tool (no battery) version weighs 7.1 lbs — the Stihl SHA 56 is neither the lightest nor the heaviest cordless handheld blower on the market.
- Speed Settings: The SHA 56 by Stihl has just one speed setting.
- Vacuum: The SHA 56 is also what is known as a 'blower vac'. Those who don’t wish to blow leaves and debris away can switch to its vacuum setting and suck them into a collection bag (10.6 gallon bag included).
- Mulching: The manufacturer’s specifications give it a mulching ratio of 10:1. For every 10 bags you put in, it will reduce down to just one bag of mulch.
The Stihl SHA 56's performance versus other blowers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea how the key specs of the Stihl SHA 56 compare with handheld leaf blowers of similar voltage (between 36 and 48V).
- Air expelled from the nozzle of this blower can reach 125 MPH. When compared to others of this type, the SHA 56 has a lower air speed than most battery-operated handheld blowers in the 36 and 48V range. For the fastest air speed in this category, you may want to consider the Makita XBU01PT, which can expell air at a velocity that can reach 208 MPH.
- As this unit is rated at 300 CFM (cubic feet per minute), it expells less air than most cordless handheld blowers with a comparable voltage. For the highest air volume, you may want to have a look at the Husqvarna 350iB, which boasts with 800 CFM.
As you can see from these interactive charts, when compared to other cordless blowers, the Stihl SHA 56 is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this blower nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of product.
Stihl AG & Company KG was founded by Andreas Stihl in 1926. The German company specializes in handheld outdoor power equipment. Over the past fifty years, Stihl has opened manufacturing plants in Brazil, the United States, and China. The German company’s sure and steady expansion has made it a leading provider of in the lawn, forestry, and landscape maintenance industries.
The Stihl SHA 56 is covered under a warranty for up to 3 years. This warranty may not cover all parts of the blower.
For more information about the warranty of Stihl blowers, please consult Stihl's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-800-467-8445.
Questions & Answers
There are no questions yet. Ask the first question.